This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my money is on:

must hide the child because the wraith might want it since it's a hybrid of some type

so she sends it off and it's adopted...mucho angst and shep hugs her while she sobs her little heart out
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I always loved the Rodney and Teyla scene in "The Seige" part 3 when after Rodney installs the ZPM he goes to lay down and says he wants to go to bed. Teyla's reply was priceless. "Shall I tell every remaining Wraith on Atlantis that you are too tired to fight?"

I do hope we get more Teyla and Rodney scenes next season. It would stink if we don't.
      I like that scene too. It's just rather sad that there are so few moments like that, and there will probably be very few in season 5 as well.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      If you get reduced to recurring, it means you're never coming back.
      If you get bumped from recurring to regular, you're gonna die. Keller being a "hot chick" might save her, though.

As for the baby, I've thought of another awful way for them to resolve the story: make it so it never happened. Have a story involving time travel where Teyla either has to make the choice between her baby or her friends (*cough*Shep*cough*) or some kind of evil-doers nasty scheme involves wiping the kidlet out of existence. Or heck, just have absolutely no mention of the baby at all and then someone comes along and asks about the kid and everyone thinks he's nuts and Teyla denies ever having been pregnant, but they do some investigating anyway and find some discrepancies. Of course, by then it's far too late to do anything about it and Teyla is simply left to wonder "What if..."

Of course, it'd deny the writers the change to hack up yet another awful cliche and/or blatantly lift plot points from other shows, but hey, it's a possibility. *shrug*
      That's a good one--I hadn't thought of that possibility. The only thing that makes me think it's unlikely is a blog by JM that spoke about Teyla fretting about motherhood issues in season 5. Sorry, don't remember what entry...but of course that was awhile ago and perhaps things have changed.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      my money is on:

must hide the child because the wraith might want it since it's a hybrid of some type

so she sends it off and it's adopted...mucho angst and shep hugs her while she sobs her little heart out
      Hmm, another good possibility. And then there's an episode where one of the adopted parents staggers through the gate, near death, and tells Teyla her child has been kidnapped.

Comment

yeah, well since we know the baby won't age super fast, i doubt the show will last long enough for that child to grow up

unless....the baby is somehow sent to the past and grows upbefore he's born, so he can appear as an adult just weeks after he's born

then again, it's a he and not a she so it's not as much fun to stick him in strapless costumes to titilate the preferred demographic

sigpic

Comment

my money is on:

I'll put my funny money on a MIRACLE SUPER CHILD who has the power to defeat the wraith once and for all!!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Yeah, I totally agree. Depends on who's in charge. Now with Atlantis, there is always a risk everytime Sheppard's team goes off world.

It's like take a simple episode like Trio. See the risks? All they were doing was going off world to a place they already had been to, to negotiate with the village leaders.
            It doesn't depend on whp's in charge. The CO is responsible for not putting the mother or the child in harm's way. Sheppard might have been more sensitive about it, but in Be all my sins remember'd, he had no other choice

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
            Other than Carson's unknown amount of screen time the only other misgiving I have about S5 is....the B-A-B-Y! I really want to know what they intend to do with him. Could you see them keeping him around? I personally think it would hurt the show in the long run.
            Everyone can tell you: It will be killed

Comment

of course, it'll be a retread of Elizabeth.

but they have to get it grown up somehow. not much fun when your 'savior' is in diapers and drools

sigpic

Comment

my money is on:

I can honestly say that if something like that happens that will be the end for me, and I don't say that lightly. It take A LOT for me to completely give up on a show but giving up a child is a particular grrrrr thing for me that I can't get past. It's a personal thing and I know it's just an emotional gut reaction but it's a show killer for me.

For example, I managed to hang in for the crapfest that became the X-Files after Duchovny left but when they had Scully give up her baby that was the end of the show for me. It's just something that I can't even express how much I hate.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

my money is on:

Ummmm Sky...thats BSG

oh wait... BSG spoiler
                  Spoiler:
                  they stole that baby and Mom killed herself
                  to get it back

Now if they do THAT you know where they got it from ...but I don't think Teyla has the same ....abilities as Sharon
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

of course, it'll be a retread of Elizabeth.

but they have to get it grown up somehow. not much fun when your 'savior' is in diapers and drools
                    I don't know.....have YOU changed a diaper lately

those bad boys could take out a Battalion of Marines I swear!!!
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      Here's a complaint that applies to all seasons, five included--are we ever going to see Rodney and Teyla talking together as, you know, the friends they supposedly are? There have been only a handfull of scenes with those two alone together in the entire series. Why? I really liked the few bits they had together--the tea ceremony in Tao, Teyla encouraging Rodney in TR.
                      Two of my favourite pairs with Teyla are Rodney and Carson. I also wanted to see her alot more with Elizabeth but we didn't get that either. She always seems to get paired with Shep or sometimes Ronon. In my altenate season four I have an episode in the works that involves Rodney and Teyla trapped in unusual circumstances offworld. (Not to give too much away.) As well as I've written a scene for alternate 4x03. There's also two more Teyla-centric episodes in the works. So far none of them have to do with Wraith sensing or Athosians.

If you get reduced to recurring, it means you're never coming back. If you get bumped from recurring to regular, you're gonna die. Keller being a "hot chick" might save her, though.
                      God I hate that. I'm going to start writing letters again. Whether it helps or not (most likely the latter), it'll offer closure. (And its something i really need right now).

As for the baby, I've thought of another awful way for them to resolve the story: make it so it never happened.
                      Could be a very near possibility judging the description of TLM.

Well, I'd say thats inevitable no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by cabouse18 View Post
                        Question is; how?
                        I hate to be the one to put the evil thought into words and knowing how much TPTB love shock tactics to boost ratings my guess it will be stillborn or die very soon after birth, handy get out clause

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        I'm seeing that too...the kid will be the next fast growing freak and then written out or written as a re-curring with an adult actor.

exactly, even though on the set they use blanks...still have to place some safety considerations...and in the story as well.

I used to target shoot a lot...when I was expecting, I avoided doing any target shooting and for good reasons. Not only the safety aspects but also the shock from the weapon being discharged and the sheer noise.
                        when I was carrying my daughter she hated loud noise (she still does) thunder, explosions on TV (I had to stop watching M*A*S*H at one point because she kicked so much) and loud music. I went to see Bryan Adams when I was about 6 months and she kicked me from the first note to the final encore

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                          Ummmm Sky...thats BSG
                          They will do something to get rid of the baby. from the practical standpoint that it's a pain to film with a child to the fact that these men can't write adult relationships, they sure can't write a maternal one.

the baby will vanish. it's just a matter of how creative/believable it'll be

oh i know. i'm the diaper changer for my neice when we're there. grandma watches her, i get to change the diapers...and man does the little girl love to fill them up for me

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Two of my favourite pairs with Teyla are Rodney and Carson. I also wanted to see her alot more with Elizabeth but we didn't get that either. She always seems to get paired with Shep or sometimes Ronon. In my altenate season four I have an episode in the works that involves Rodney and Teyla trapped in unusual circumstances offworld. (Not to give too much away.) As well as I've written a scene for alternate 4x03. There's also two more Teyla-centric episodes in the works. So far none of them have to do with Wraith sensing or Athosians.
                            I also wanted to see Teyla with Elizabeth more...now we'll never get it. The writers excel when it comes to male bonding, but female friendship, not so much.

Comment

and the sad part, male bonding and female bonding aint' all that different.

but, imho, the writers get so caught up in 'we're writing for girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!' taht they seem to forget to just write for the CHARACTERS and let the actors bring gender into it

the only girl bonding they probably want to do is something better suited for showtime after hours

sigpic

Comment

my money is on:

And que in x-files moosic.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                                Hmm, another good possibility. And then there's an episode where one of the adopted parents staggers through the gate, near death, and tells Teyla her child has been kidnapped.
                                Easy writing. Could be a good possibility. They like easy.

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                                I can honestly say that if something like that happens that will be the end for me, and I don't say that lightly. It take A LOT for me to completely give up on a show but giving up a child is a particular grrrrr thing for me that I can't get past. It's a personal thing and I know it's just an emotional gut reaction but it's a show killer for me.

For example, I managed to hang in for the crapfest that became the X-Files after Duchovny left but when they had Scully give up her baby that was the end of the show for me. It's just something that I can't even express how much I hate.
                                Scully was not longer Scully, but a POD. Were they drugging her? If they do decided to go that story line, I will be waiting for the explanation from Mallozzi & Co, how there are no new stories to be told in sci-fi and everything is a rehash. Yep!

Dude, they could line up all the baby boys to be changed and they can shoot your eye out . Believe me, I am so happy my diaper changing days are over for now.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X