This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Oh how cliched, been there, done that, seen it on every sci fi show ever written

*Yawn*

Must see if there's Ski Jumping, Biathalon or a Rally on that week or at least a decent film
    The whole world is recycling and so are TPTB... When have I seen the plot for 'The last man'... Yeah! SG-1 - the episode when they've sent the note to the past about the Ashens (did I write it correctly?) - BTW: They were supposed to be more powerful than the Goa'uld. How did they end up?

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    but for season 5, i have no doubt that the baby won't get written out somehow. fostered by some unknown folks that will be mentioned every now and then...while teyla - sobbing and crying - goes back to the team...and is all smiles and happy by the next episode cause it works better that way

it's cliche to write the baby out, but cliches are what i expect from these guys. CAuse in the past when they've had a chance to tackle some meaty issues, they've always given the 'hard road' a pass to take the easy route to cliche city
    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    that's my opinion. they write relationship stuff so poorly (and baby stuff is relationship to me) that i'd rather not have them do it at all.

why humiliate viewers and themselves by trotting out thier weaknesses? stick to the superficial adventure with the WMAH and boobs and butts and bombs....and it'll free up an hour for me to go and find something intelligent to watch
    *Activates lightsaber* Who are you? And what have you done with Skydiver?

Comment

See, I'm not buying th e"Rachel Luttrel is pregnant" arguement. It's not like she had a character - or anything to do other than stand in the background and look sexy - before she got pregnant.
      Also, I think the Vala example is valid. They've written an episode that relied completely on Claudia Black while she was pregnant - just made sure not to put her through any physical demands. Had Teyla, after 4 years, had a tenth of the character Vala had after 7 episodes, we probably would have seen more of her. But since they don;t know what to do with her anyways, the easiest thing is to let her disappear into the background adn pretend she never existed.

Sigh.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        See, I'm not buying th e"Rachel Luttrel is pregnant" arguement. It's not like she had a character - or anything to do other than stand in the background and look sexy - before she got pregnant.
        Also, I think the Vala example is valid. They've written an episode that relied completely on Claudia Black while she was pregnant - just made sure not to put her through any physical demands. Had Teyla, after 4 years, had a tenth of the character Vala had after 7 episodes, we probably would have seen more of her. But since they don;t know what to do with her anyways, the easiest thing is to let her disappear into the background adn pretend she never existed.

Sigh.
        Why put all that equipment on her while she is pregnant. Also, the P-90's they carry, are they heavy or light? Between the vest, extra clothing, and weapons it would be a lot for her to carry. That is not good for someone who is 7 to 8 months pregnant. It would not make sense story wise or sense real life wise.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          Now, if DH had left for another series you can bet the value of your hind end that he would get a HUGE send off.
          You can bet your entire family's hind ends. Joe Flanigan would also get an big send-off, but I think Hewlett would get a bigger one. Jason Mamoa or Rachel Lutrell? Not so much. Elizabeth Weir's non-epic send-off was only offset by the fact that Tori Higginson was still going to appear, and I don't think that would be enough for any future cast displacements. Look at Rainbow Sun Francks. Aiden Ford is presumably still alive, but has anyone ever tried to find him since The Hive? No. Has anyone on the team even shown signs of missing him? No.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
            You can bet your entire family's hind ends. Joe Flanigan would also get an big send-off, but I think Hewlett would get a bigger one. Jason Mamoa or Rachel Lutrell? Not so much. Elizabeth Weir's non-epic send-off was only offset by the fact that Tori Higginson was still going to appear, and I don't think that would be enough for any future cast displacements. Look at Rainbow Sun Francks. Aiden Ford is presumably still alive, but has anyone ever tried to find him since The Hive? No. Has anyone on the team even shown signs of missing him? No.
            Carson got a huge send off imo, and he is also coming back now. I wish he was in a few more eps next season, but oh well. That is one of my complaints for next season. We need more Carson.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Why put all that equipment on her while she is pregnant. Also, the P-90's they carry, are they heavy or light? Between the vest, extra clothing, and weapons it would be a lot for her to carry. That is not good for someone who is 7 to 8 months pregnant. It would not make sense story wise or sense real life wise.
              A P90 weights app. 6 pounds incl. a full magazine (very light). Add 4 pounds of extra ammo, 2 pounds of a vest and the pistol. I've never seen Teyla carry any C4, so that's out of the picture. And I have never seen them having any extra clothing (apart from the vests that is)

Comment

Add to RL's pregnancy...what pregnant woman would have the energy to work the hours required for a series? She would have some restrictions as to her work schedule and she would also have lots of doctor appointments and test to do.

I have no issues with RL being absent during her pregnancy, delivery and recovery. (Would like to see a man give birth and then he can tell me I should go back to work with in six weeks.)

My concern is now they worked RL pregnancy into the show...what lame plot with the baby get.

Rather than having the baby as part of a lame arc, I would rather tptb shot around RL's tummy and had given a viable excuse why Teyla wouldn't be available for many of the eps.

Gee, that would have given them the prefect time to actually write a real story arc for weir if they did that.

Instead of having weir in only 2 eps they could have done a real arc and given her 10 eps...maybe they could have worked out a deal for TH to come back the following season or even used that opportunity to have wooley boy fill in 10 eps as commander of the city while they actually had an arc for weir.

Carter could have been commander of the new ship like they planned. No need for ellis then and she could have filled in for caldwell as well since the actor has another series.

poor over all management of cast and not much thought and discussion into who would be available and when for such a big cast.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Carson got a huge send off imo, and he is also coming back now. I wish he was in a few more eps next season, but oh well. That is one of my complaints for next season. We need more Carson.
                  He certainly went out with a bang!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                    He certainly went out with a bang!
                    LOL, that was pretty funny. Well Carson's Big-bang exit is one thing you cannot blame the current PTB for, but you can blame them for how they make him return. I blame the evil Leprechauns who are the true PTB. Joe Mallozzi is just a puppet in these affairs.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't remember too much equipment on Outcast or Trio....
                      They coudl have written a non action, something like last years' Tao of Rodney or Echoes or The Real World or Grace Under Pressure.... they chose to a)write a story like Trio without inserting Teyla in and b) write stories such as Midway, action stories rather than character pieces that were written and well received in the past, and in addition would have allowed them to focus on Teyla.
                      It's a matter of choice, not necessity.

...And as I claimed before, and it's very possible RL has asked them to give her more time off, it's not like she had a lot more to do on seasons 1-3.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                        The whole world is recycling and so are TPTB... When have I seen the plot for 'The last man'... Yeah! SG-1 - the episode when they've sent the note to the past about the Ashens (did I write it correctly?) - BTW: They were supposed to be more powerful than the Goa'uld. How did they end up?

*Activates lightsaber* Who are you? And what have you done with Skydiver?
                        lol

there are elements that might be interesting for season 5. only time will tell if events will play out 'well' or 'poorly'

but i'm getting that Vala and the Ori sinking feeling all over again.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The whole world is recycling and so are TPTB...
                          It's their contribution towards preventing the Earth to get too hot, you know global warming and all.

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          Completely second that!!

Also to the one who thinks a P90 weighs a ton. I have a vest, a P90 and a beretta... Trust me, you can run around all day with it and not feel a thing. It ain't that heavy. Okay, the P90 can get in the way but you can leave it off.
                          Of course, I can imagine that eventually that vest grows a size too small when one is about to pop.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Bring Daniel, Teal'c, Mulder, Sculaaaay, D'Argo, Aeryn, Croighton, Rommie and you'll have a great show

Comment

A P90 weights app. 6 pounds incl. a full magazine (very light). Add 4 pounds of extra ammo, 2 pounds of a vest and the pistol. I've never seen Teyla carry any C4, so that's out of the picture. And I have never seen them having any extra clothing (apart from the vests that is)
                              When I was pregnant I worked in a bar, my boss wouldn't even allow me to to collect glasses let alone bottle up, change barrels or change gas bottles (Not carry them change the taps) What boss, civilian or military, is going to allow a pregnant woman anywhere near arm's or live ammo, it's for her own safty and that of the baby's.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                When I was pregnant I worked in a bar, my boss wouldn't even allow me to to collect glasses let alone bottle up, change barrels or change gas bottles (Not carry them change the taps) What boss, civilian or military, is going to allow a pregnant woman anywhere near arm's or live ammo, it's for her own safty and that of the baby's.
                                Yeah, I totally agree. Depends on who's in charge. Now with Atlantis, there is always a risk everytime Sheppard's team goes off world.

It's like take a simple episode like Trio. See the risks? All they were doing was going off world to a place they already had been to, to negotiate with the village leaders.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X