This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
    Or more like team men, Teyla was lucky to say some lines in the beginning. the rest of midway was made up of Teal'c, Shep, McKay and Ronon plus lots of male minor characters.
    Things are complicated because of her pregnancy. Now if she continues to be so non-featured after that's done, then I'll get upset.

I actually like Carter in Atlantis and the guest appearances by Teal'c and, in the past, O'Neill. They do share a universe. It's the constant recycling of SG-1 plotlines that bothers me. The point of a spin-off is to have different themes and explore different stories than the original. For example, Angel was never Buffy the Second. I want them to explore the Pegasus galaxy, and for the other members of the expedition to be more than redshirts, as in the beginning. I want the status quo to change. For example, during one of the Earth-based stories they could make the stargate program public. The idea of Earth being an interstellar power and its people not knowing it, is ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with Woolsey taking command if they make it interesting. It should, at least, be a change. Given that we don't have much information about Porter yet, I don't care about her.

Comment

I liked the expedition side of it and meeting new cultures, trading and exploring etc, now it’s back to blowing things up.
      BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
        Things are complicated because of her pregnancy.
        It didn't make a difference to Vala. After all SGA is supposed to be about Atlantis so lets have some stories there involving Teyla rather than in SGC! Like they used to be!
        sigpic

Comment

It didn't make a difference to Vala. After all SGA is supposed to be about Atlantis so lets have some stories there involving Teyla rather than in SGC! Like they used to be!
          Vala wasn't a regular, and was recurring in 7 episodes (not counting the cameo in Camelot) in season 9. I'm surprised at how active Rachels been during her pregnancy.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Vala wasn't a regular, and was recurring in 7 episodes (not counting the cameo in Camelot) in season 9. I'm surprised at how active Rachels been during her pregnancy.
            What's being a regular go to with it? All the more reason to give her an active role on par with the male characters.

That goes not just for Teyla but women on the show in general. Although unfortunately apart from Teyla all the good female characters have been purposely removed.

Yes her pregnancy prevents her from certain activities but she deserve mores than a few lines.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
              I liked the expedition side of it and meeting new cultures, trading and exploring etc, now it’s back to blowing things up.
              Also what's up with the focus on the geeky scientists?!!! It's not funny, just annoying. That kind of thing started to happen in the last 2-3 seasons of SG1 and was one of the reasons I went off it.
              sigpic

Comment

Vala was only pregnant in two episodes (Crusade and Camelot). But now that you mention it, I realize that Teyla could do things of the non-blowing-stuff-up variety during Rachel's pregnancy.

What I've liked about the last few episodes is (certainly) not the storylines, but the fact that they've focused on specific sections of the group. But Teyla has been left out of that. Shame. She should be major in The Kindred, but that's different because we're getting into the end of the season, which generally is very active.

At least they've promised not to hyperage the baby or write him out conveniently by conventional scifi means. That makes them and BSG the only scifi shows with non-hyperaging babies as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                  Vala was only pregnant in two episodes (Crusade and Camelot). But now that you mention it, I realize that Teyla could do things of the non-blowing-stuff-up variety during Rachel's pregnancy.

What I've liked about the last few episodes is (certainly) not the storylines, but the fact that they've focused on specific sections of the group. But Teyla has been left out of that. Shame. She should be major in The Kindred, but that's different because we're getting into the end of the season, which generally is very active.

At least they've promised not to hyperage the baby or write him out conveniently by conventional scifi means. That makes them and BSG the only scifi shows with non-hyperaging babies as far as I'm aware.
                  Both Adria and Sha're's child hyperaged.
                  sigpic

Comment

Before season four, I couldn't wait for a new episode, now thanks but no thanks. I'm sticking with fanfiction .
                    I know how you feel. I already have a basic outline for my alternate season four. (But unlike other people, I'm flexible and in touch with the fandom. Really). Weir never dies/disappears and yet I have an interesting story for her. Same for Teyla. Carson comes back early. More focus on Liz, Teyla, Carson and Ronon. And as for the first episode I've already written a "scene" between Rodney and Keller. And Rodney is PO'ed for good reason.

Anti threads + fanfiction = ultimate therapy.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Personally, I'd clarify that a bit: Invite in new writers with fresh ideas and be willing to go along with them. Bringing in fresh writers doesn't do a lot of good if you're going to force them to conform with your own ideas and rewrite their stories to suit your viewpoint.
                    I'd green ya if I could. I agree with you completely here; SGA is desperate for new blod. The big guys up at Bridge have become comfortable with each other for far too long that there seems to be no regulation (best way to put it.) Or someone to go against them if they think an idea will be unpopular. (I'm talking about their fellow TP people here, not fans or Joe F.) In this situation the level of comfort is a really bad influence amongst the writers who all seem to be conforming with each other lately... And people in conformed groups in a long time have the ability to do some pretty stupid things.

Simply put: New blood, they're too comfortable, and clean up the mess ASAP.

Originally posted by LivingAsgard View Post
                    SGA was supposed to focus on the Atlantis expedition and its adventures in Pegasus Galaxy, not team Shep specifically. [...] I like Shep, Rodney, Teyla and Ronon, but I like the Atlantis expedition and its struggles in Pegasus Galaxy far better. I feel cheated.
                    I agree. I love Team Shep but Carson and Elizabeth are my two favourites and sold me from the beginning

Coincidentally they're both pretty much gone

Comment

That's what happens when you get rid of your experienced diplomat.

I've seen how much TPTB tout teh awesome CGI, they can practically be paraphrased as "OMG 60 STRAIGHT SECONDS OF CGI BOOMIES!!!" That's great and all - I like explosions as much as the next geeky girl - but it comes across as almost an intentional distraction if the plot doesn't hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                        Now if she continues to be so non-featured after that's done, then I'll get upset.
                        Then you'll get upset... What about the last three seasons?

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

I already have a basic outline for my alternate season four. (But unlike other people, I'm flexible and in touch with the fandom. Really). Weir never dies/disappears and yet I have an interesting story for her. Same for Teyla. Carson comes back early. More focus on Liz, Teyla, Carson and Ronon. And as for the first episode I've already written a "scene" between Rodney and Keller. And Rodney is PO'ed for good reason.
                        Any chance Kate's alive and well too?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Both Adria and Sha're's child hyperaged.
                          On SG-1, a show I wasn't mentioning in that sentence.

Comment

On Teyla's baby....

the writers have a few choices of what they could do.

1. they could let baby be mentioned now and then and Teyla have a babysitter as the kid stays in the city off camera.

2. baby hyper-ages and turns into the wicked warlock of the east.

3. baby is killed, kidnapped or goes missing.

4. teyla has baby, mentions sitter's name who is not a character ever heard of before and then...like ford and weir...is never mentioned again.

I will go with 4 this time due to the fact that the rest of the situations would require actual writing and effort for the "Invisible Woman of SGA."
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Any chance Kate's alive and well too?
                              Of course And more sessions with Teyla in store

1. they could let baby be mentioned now and then and Teyla have a babysitter as the kid stays in the city off camera. Invisible woman and the invisible baby.

2. baby hyper-ages and turns into the wicked warlock of the east. Been there, done that. (and of course would stop aging right at her sexiest point)

3. baby is killed, kidnapped or goes missing. Cliché, cliché.

4. teyla has baby, mentions sitter's name who is not a character ever heard of before and then...like ford and weir...is never mentioned again. Poor kid will have abandonment issues.

Comment

Have you seen this?

How ironic!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X