This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Woolsey is a desperate move IMO. And another step toward the sg1-ification of sga. With Wooley boy they can ignore the "leader" alltogether and concentrate on the team, but this show was never only about the team. This was never SG1. It used to be something different. It's not any more.

sg1-ification of sga is the last thing which bothers me. There are worse thing than this. For example absence of a story-arcs
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      sg1-ification of sga is the last thing which bothers me. There are worse thing than this. For example absence of a story-arcs
      Well. I agree and I don't agree. IMO sg1 - ification is the byproduct of the lazy, inconsistent writing that lacks creativity and fresh ideas, so they simply reach into the big fat SG1 plot(holes) and character development recipes bag, leaving some key things out. Character development and decent back stories for example.

How on earth could shows like DS9 pull that off?!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Well. I agree and I don't agree. IMO sg1 - ification is the byproduct of the lazy, inconsistent writing that lacks creativity and fresh ideas, so they simply reach into the big fat SG1 plot(holes) and character development recipes bag, leaving some key things out. Character development and decent back stories for example.

How on earth could shows like DS9 pull that off?!
        if they'll never invite new writers with fresh ideas, SGA will never be better
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

if they'll never invite new writers with fresh ideas, SGA will never be better
          Personally, I'd clarify that a bit: Invite in new writers with fresh ideas and be willing to go along with them. Bringing in fresh writers doesn't do a lot of good if you're going to force them to conform with your own ideas and rewrite their stories to suit your viewpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            Personally, I'd clarify that a bit: Invite in new writers with fresh ideas and be willing to go along with them. Bringing in fresh writers doesn't do a lot of good if you're going to force them to conform with your own ideas and rewrite their stories to suit your viewpoint.
            I agree, you're right
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              I'd think it would have been better if they had brought in a new show-runner that wasn't as involved with SG-1.
              Last edited by Ice Wolf; 19 February 2008, 02:18 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                I'd think it would have been better if the had brought in a new show-runner that wasn't as involved with SG-1.
                Good point! One that can bring in fresh new ideas which nothing to do with that show!

And also reverse all the crap which has/will be brought in!
                Last edited by Dr Weir; 19 February 2008, 02:00 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                  I'd think it would have been better if the had brought in a new show-runner that wasn't as involved with SG-1.
                  You know, I have to agree. Joe Mallozzi has been playing the SG-1 card far too much lately. And I'm not even talking about the constant influx of SG-1 characters to Atlantis (which is appalling). I'm talking about forcing SG-1's team formula on the show. SGA was supposed to focus on the Atlantis expedition and its adventures in Pegasus Galaxy, not team Shep specifically.

No matter how great they think the "SG-1ification of Atlantis" is. That's not what I signed up for four years ago. Don't get me wrong. I like Shep, Rodney, Teyla and Ronon, but I like the Atlantis expedition and its struggles in Pegasus Galaxy far better. I feel cheated.

BTW, thanks for the nice replies to my previous comment.

Comment

Yep, I was also fooled to believe that SGA was actually about the expedition as a whole, and not team Shep.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yep, I was also fooled to believe that SGA was actually about the expedition as a whole, and not team Shep.

They fooled many people .

Comment

I guess we were all wrong
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

I guess we were all wrong

Indeed

Comment

SGA is supposed to be about exploring the pegasus galaxy, I've had over a decade of SG1 and want something fresh. TPTB are making SGA revert back to SG1. Half of midway was set in the SGC! SG1 is old hat now!
                            sigpic

Comment

Or more like team men, Teyla was lucky to say some lines in the beginning. the rest of midway was made up of Teal'c, Shep, McKay and Ronon plus lots of male minor characters.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LivingAsgard View Post
                                I'm talking about forcing SG-1's team formula on the show. SGA was supposed to focus on the Atlantis expedition and its adventures in Pegasus Galaxy, not team Shep specifically.
                                I agree with that actually. I'm very pro-Team Shep, but that's because Team Shep is all I have left. I liked the show when it was about more than the team, but that was when I actually cared about characters that weren't on the team. (That's not to say I don't care about characters like Zelenka and Lorne - I'm just talking main characters here).

I don't have a problem with Woolsey coming over-I know it's not a popular opinion here but I do think he was the best choice of the available options, and Trio made me feel better about Keller. But I still don't really care whether those characters live or die. So.... go Team! *sigh*
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X