This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    FH. I read that as ... "crossing their pants".
    You're the third to misread one of my posts...

But what's the difference anyway?

Edit to iclude reply to Linzi's post.

Originally posted by Linzi
    I guess it has to be RL now? She's the most senior female on the cast now, isn't she?
    Yes, she has seniority over any of the other ladies, but for her to be leading lady lots will have to chage first. There's just not enough balance between the main characters for her to be even considered leading lady, although RL is definitely LL-material. Teyla, however, as it stands right now, isn't.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      FH. I read that as ... "crossing their pants".

I'm not even going to admit what visions I have in my head now!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Interesting how no one knows who the leading lady is now that weir is gone.

btw...ben bowder was their first pick for sheppard and tptb stated they write sheppard and mitchell the same.
        And it definitely shows - might be going off a tangent here, but during Pegasus Project, in the short scene when Sheppard and Mitchell talked... it felt a bit like those Heinlein cross-over stories where one prototypical male character of his talks to another and it's ust like someone talking to themselves..
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          You're the third to misread one of my posts...

But what's the difference anyway?

Edit to iclude reply to Linzi's post.

Yes, she has seniority over any of the other ladies, but for her to be leading lady lots will have to chage first. There's just not enough balance between the main characters for her to be even considered leading lady, although RL is definitely LL-material. Teyla, however, as it stands right now, isn't.
          I think the show will always focus more on the boys than the girls.. which is a shame so overall we may never have a true leading lady in the sense that Sheppard is the leading man... I don't see the shift changing away from the guys but I still want to see more focus on Teyla, and hopefully that will change in season 5.. I have been happy overall though with her in season 4 and she has had some great stuff IMO... but I don't think season 5 will have any of the ladies making leading lady status .. hopefully I'm wrong... Eventhough Weir was second in the credits for the first 3 seasons she never achieved leading lady status at all IMO... her character was never ever given the storys or the screentime to class her as a leading lady.

So overall the leading lady syndrome may not go away in season 5... but as I love the boys so much.. I guess I've come to live with it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            Eventhough Weir was second in the credits for the first 3 seasons she never achieved leading lady status at all IMO... her character was never ever given the storys or the screentime to class her as a leading lady.
            I have to disagree there. The golden three of season 1 to 3 are in fact Sheppard-McKay-Weir.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            So overall the leading lady syndrome may not go away in season 5... but as I love the boys so much.. I guess I've come to live with it.
            Tough luck for me, cause the boys are just boys...and that's it.

Comment

I have to disagree there. The golden three of season 1 to 3 are in fact Sheppard-McKay-Weir.
              I agree with that.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree on that..

Tough luck for me, cause the boys are just boys...and that's it.

Well who knows... the girls may get some awesome stuff to do... Rachels pregnancy restricted her screentime this season so she will be available for the full season in season 5... and lets hope the tpb give her some good stuff..
                sigpic

Comment

Who is the leading lady in season 5?
                  There are two leading ladies now.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                    My post?
                    Nah... nothing wrong with your post. I just don't care for Larrin as being one in a long line of hot ogling chicks. A template that TPTB seemed loathed to be rid of.
                    And the way Larrin was introduced was far too much like another episode of SG-1 I absolutely detest.
                    sigpic
                    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

That's because there is no leading lady. SGA is all about the boys and their frat-boy humor, their techno-toys and the ocasional pare of boobs crossing their paths.

[end sarcasm if there ever was any in the first place ]
                      I don't mind a show being dominated by boys as long as they are not pretending that they care about doing something important with the girls.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

JM posted his opinion of "Stargate is actually a comedy disguised as a science fiction show" on his blog during one of his rants about the new and improved SG-1 about a year ago.

I didn't bother to save a link...it's buried in his blog somewhere if you're up for a challenge of reading through it.

I read it with my own eyes and that statement stuck with me.
                        Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Yeah, well, be careful what you trust out of Joe's blog; he'll just backpedal later. He'll claim you took him out of context, misquoted him entirely, or are too stupid to see that he was "obviously" making a joke. Joe is like some poor man's version of Loki, and look at all the damage he caused.

Well, the proof of the pudding is in the writing... if you get my drift...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                          I don't mind a show being dominated by boys as long as they are not pretending that they care about doing something important with the girls.
                          Err... what? What do you mean?

Comment

The show should be renamed Stargate:Men Only!

And maybe some hot chicks....
                            sigpic

Comment

Axe - Stargate
                              Axe as in the deodorant for men.

Comment

I've always called it Stargate: The McShep Show
                                And some other completely disposable, interchangeable people too

Ensemble show this ain't, and that will likely come to a front next season when they have too many people to write for.

Comment

Working...
                                X