This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
    Ok I don’t need a link, just someone mentioning the source is enough. I just found it too unbelievable.....

So that explains the ridiculous transformation SGA is going through. I was right about Woolsey being brought in as a comedy act.
    Woolsey? Just look at TPTB's favorite character on SGA to see their state of mind... Woolsey is just another clown they're adding to the mix.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      Woolsey is just another clown they're adding to the mix.
      That's my point and it'll get worse. Just like the 200th SG1 episode.
      sigpic

Comment

No doubt about that.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          We need to change her name to Teyla "30 seconds" Emmagan .
          LOL, and yet not funny at all.

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
          It saddens me to say this but it sounds like the best way to enjoy whatever time we have left with SGA is to keep our expectations low. Sigh...
          My expectations have been below zero since they were crushed like a bug on a windshield after Doppelganger.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            LOL, and yet not funny at all.
            I beg to differ, it is very funnnaaaaaay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              Yeah, well, be careful what you trust out of Joe's blog; he'll just backpedal later. He'll claim you took him out of context, misquoted him entirely, or are too stupid to see that he was "obviously" making a joke. Joe is like some poor man's version of Loki, and look at all the damage he caused.
              he could be loki...we honestly don't know, do we? nevertheless, I don't think JM's sense of humor and my own sense of humor are along the same lines. Even if his statement was a joke, i found it not very funny...along with disturbing.

I do believe 200 was intensionally bad due to the behind the scenes caps. the one where...I think it was JM...who told the camera crew that because the fand base has claimed that the show "jumped the shark" in X number of eps they wanted to make sure there was no doubt that the episode would indeed jump the shark.

The humor in the ep was very "animal house" and there wasn't much of a plot...thank god...but I could managed to stomach a few select scenes. However, the puppets were getting rather long and drawn out.

I do feel Woosley will end up as another version of Dr. McKay and I can only stand so much whining...and so much of Mckay.

My other misgiving is just what they will do to Teyla. The quote from JM's blog stated that JM talked to RL and the actress was "okay with the direction of her character in the coming season." That makes me worried for Teyla...god only knows what they will do to her.

and the repi weir story arc without weir sounds like a red herring to me as well.

The show still has underlying issues that all the cast changes in the world won't help. Over all...there is still a lack of purpose for the expedition and a lack of feeling for the characters. Two characters the fan base connected with are Weir and Beckett. McKay has a connection too but the star of the show, Sheppard...doesn't have the connection to the fan base like he should have.

What would happen if JF left the show? hello ben bowder for the next version of the new team leader...Mitchell. Or some other actor. This is supposed to be the leading man.

What would happen if DH left the show? The sky would fall on tptb's world.

Is mcKay supposed to be starring in the show now? the one actor who is ir-replaceable is DH.

Who is the leading man? JF

Who is the leading lady in season 5? Teyla? doubt it. Larrin? Hope not. Keller? Entirely possible.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Hmm.. I actually didn't comment about the Woolsey thign yet, I realise.

I'm afraid of this addition because I think there's a pattern developing here and Woolsey would fit perfectly with it - the ever-tiring "Sheppard suggests something, Atlantis leader cuts him off, sheppard disobeys orders, Sheppard saves the day, Atlantis commander realises the horrible mistake he's made and therefore differs to Sheppard in the future."

It's tiring. It's been done to death - and they did it so many times with Woolsey it's slightly sickening.

I might be proven wrnog, but I somehow doubt this would be the case here....
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  Hmm.. I actually didn't comment about the Woolsey thign yet, I realise.

I'm afraid of this addition because I think there's a pattern developing here and Woolsey would fit perfectly with it - the ever-tiring "Sheppard suggests something, Atlantis leader cuts him off, sheppard disobeys orders, Sheppard saves the day, Atlantis commander realises the horrible mistake he's made and therefore differs to Sheppard in the future."

It's tiring. It's been done to death - and they did it so many times with Woolsey it's slightly sickening.

I might be proven wrnog, but I somehow doubt this would be the case here....
                  I see what you're saying here. The bottom line is, if Woolsey is going to be anything other than a pain in the butt, TPTB are going to have to write for him differently. Now, I love conflict, but not too much. There has to be balance. Woolsey has shown he can be won over, if you will, but it is a concern of mine that the scenario plays out like you think it might too often, because I agree that it would get old pretty quickly.
                  sigpic

Comment

I stated sheppard doesn't have the fan base he SHOULD have. I am drawing conclusion by this board and the fact that if Sheppard had the most powerful fan base, as the star of the show should, then we would logically see far more threads dedicated to sheppard. I see more Daniel threads than sheppard.

I never stated his fan base was higher than or lower than anyones. I simply said that for the star of the show I would expect to see more of a fan base.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      he
                      My other misgiving is just what they will do to Teyla. The quote from JM's blog stated that JM talked to RL and the actress was "okay with the direction of her character in the coming season." That makes me worried for Teyla...god only knows what they will do to her.
                      Rachels pregnancy played a large part in how Teyla was handled this season but hopefully that will be out of the way by season 5 and I'm confident that we will see lots more of her.

and the repi weir story arc without weir sounds like a red herring to me as well.
                      I wasn't a big fan of the repli storyline and felt it got overused but it will be interesting to see how they finally finish up this storyline..

The show still has underlying issues that all the cast changes in the world won't help. Over all...there is still a lack of purpose for the expedition and a lack of feeling for the characters.
                      Not sure what you mean by this... their purpose is to protect Atlantis from any alien threats and earth as well for that matter .. and this has been done pretty well so far.. though I would prefer to see more of the Wraith and not the replicators... I hope they are put to rest in season 5.

Two characters the fan base connected with are Weir and Beckett. McKay has a connection too but the star of the show, Sheppard...doesn't have the connection to the fan base like he should have.
                      Different fan bases connect to different characters... I never really connected to Weir and not so much to Carson either but Sheppard is the character I have most connected with and I would say that a large chunk of the SGA fanbase connects to him as well.

What would happen if JF left the show? hello ben bowder for the next version of the new team leader...Mitchell. Or some other actor. This is supposed to be the leading man.
                      Joe is the leading man .. no supposing at all. Well so far I have seen no reason why Joe would want to leave so I'm not even going to speculate on that.

The show would survive IMO .. lose some McKay fans but probably gain some new fans in the process..

Is mcKay supposed to be starring in the show now? the one actor who is ir-replaceable is DH.
                      Uhh.. No one is ir-replacable IMO.. IF SG1 survived without Michael Shanks and RDA then SGA would survive without Hewlett/McKay..

Yep as said before Joe is the leading man...

Who is the leading lady in season 5? Teyla? doubt it. Larrin? Hope not. Keller? Entirely possible.
                      Could easily be Teyla... Definitley not Larrin... she is not even recurring... I really don't mind once the regular gals get some good stories and screentime..
                      sigpic

Comment

I do feel Woosley will end up as another version of Dr. McKay and I can only stand so much whining...and so much of Mckay.

The show still has underlying issues that all the cast changes in the world won't help. Over all...there is still a lack of purpose for the expedition and a lack of feeling for the characters. Two characters the fan base connected with are Weir and Beckett. McKay has a connection too but the star of the show, Sheppard...doesn't have the connection to the fan base like he should have.

That wasn't what Joe said. From his Feb 7, 2008 blog:
                        And now we have. Rachel dropped by the production offices and we had a little chat about what’s in store for Teyla this year. She was not only happy but, admittedly, quite relieved with the creative route we’re taking.
                        Still, considering the 'great' story arc Teyla got this year I'm not holding my breath for much. Intentions are one thing, delivery quite something else.

While I think you're right about McKay, I never connected with Weir. FARRRRRRRRRR from it.... I did like Carson though and wish he was in for than 5 eps next season. Never connected with Shep either - still think he's a poor, rotten O'Neill clone. About the only thing I like is the pop culture references with...McKay (and Ronon).

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Interesting how no one knows who the leading lady is now that weir is gone.

btw...ben bowder was their first pick for sheppard and tptb stated they write sheppard and mitchell the same.

Comment

Interesting how no one knows who the leading lady is now that weir is gone.
                            That's because there is no leading lady. SGA is all about the boys and their frat-boy humor, their techno-toys and the ocasional pare of boobs crossing their paths.

[end sarcasm if there ever was any in the first place ]
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's because there is no leading lady. SGA is all about the boys and their frat-boy humor, their techno-toys and the ocasional pare of boobs crossing their paths.

FH. I read that as ... "crossing their pants".
                              sig made by me

Comment

Well, It's a difficult one FH. I guess it has to be RL now? She's the most senior female on the cast now, isn't she?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X