This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Nonverbal Moments

While I personally love the way the actor interpret and read the dialogue on Stargate, I think they are also fantastic at the nonverbal. I have scads of favourites, but here are a handful to start off:

1) The Tomb-Jack's annoyed look when Daniel corrects him for the SECOND time about the 'ziggerat'

2) The Crystal Skull-The eye shift and pull away from the wall the moment Danniel realises Nick can see him

3) Window of Opportunity-Daniel's Look when he turns to see Jack and Teal'c juggling...and the shot of Jack and Teal's juggling

4) Sacrifices-Jack's and Teal'c's ping-pong game. Sam's and Daniel's 'smile' when Ry'ac tells them the wedding will be on base

5) The Lost City-Jack holding Teal'c's face in the ship when he can't talk

6) Meridian-Jack's hesitating to disturb Daniel when he goes to see him the second time

7) Show and Tell-The semi-nonverbal exchange Jack and Daniel have in the ahllway before bursting into the infirmary with guns blazing

I have more, but that's a small sampling of personal favourites! Got more?

I can think of four right off the top of my head.

1) In Menace when Jack is goofing around with the magnifying glass while Daniel is saying that Reese isn't very mature. The looks everyone gives Jack and then his responding "What?!?" look are all priceless.

2) Daniel's corresponding look to "Maybe he read your report?" in Window of Opportunity

3) Teal'c's look in Fallen when Daniel asks him if Sha're is dead. He says so much just by clenching his jaw a bit.

4) Everyone looking at eachother and Teal'c and Sam kind of trying to subtly indicate Jack when Daniel asks who shot him in Lockdown.

Comment

#1 hands-down winner:

At the end of WoO Daniel asks Jack if he was ever tempted to do something really crazy- and Jack looks at Sam, Sam looks at Jack and then Daniel looks at Sam.

Ah, Danny boy, he's no fool.

Excellent idea to add the screencap, starg8fans!
      Last edited by VSS; 14 February 2008, 07:10 AM. Reason: add picture

Comment

If Atlantis is included in this thread too...

then two in "Outcast"

1. When Ronon walks up to the Gate as Shepard is waiting to head home -and John asks him "where are you going?" and Ronon replies "with you" - just the stance of Ronon's body (as well as his simply walking through the gate without a say so) just says This is what I'm doing so you might as well deal with it...

and

Spoiler:
        When Shepard is standing by his Father's casket - we see Ronon walk up the background - see Shepard there - and it's clear he understands what kind of moment this is and that John needs his space. (Spoiler tags - just in case...)
        sigpic

Comment

SGA again...

In Condemned at the beginning, where Rodney claims there's no sign of intelligent life, and Ronon points out the smoke from the campfire - when McKay admits his mistake Teyla twists around to look at Ronon, and they share this really cute, indulgent smile.

P.S. I hope we're allowed caps to illustrate our points?

This is the scene just before they smile, but in the following caps Ronon is totally out of focus.

Oh, and another one. In Critical Mass when Ronon walks into the room where they're holding Kavanaugh, and just by his menacing looks and posture makes him faint...

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            SGA again...

In Condemned at the beginning, where Rodney claims there's no sign of intelligent life, and Ronon points out the smoke from the campfire - when McKay admits his mistake Teyla twists around to look at Ronon, and they share this really cute, indulgent smile.

P.S. I hope we're allowed caps to illustrate our points?

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/e.../3Campfire.jpg
            This is the scene just before they smile, but in the following caps Ronon is totally out of focus.

Oh, and another one. In Critical Mass when Ronon walks into the room where they're holding Kavanaugh, and just by his menacing looks and posture makes him faint...
            Oh! I remember that! I loved that scene with Ronan and Kavanaugh. What a pansy.

Comment

I love this look, such pain:

just when Jack's about to go for the treatment, so heart-breaking!!

Spoiler:

Comment

[Insert disclaimer here] I absolutely love Michael, and I think he's had some wonderful nonverbal moments in SGA. [/disclaimer]

From his very first episode, he could "speak" with only a facial expression:

In the scene in the infirmary where he found out the truth about what had been done to him, there was what I'd call a kaleidoscope of emotions shifting on his face, from curiosity to suspicion to, finally, horror;

In the scene with Teyla at the Alpha site, where he said he was "hungry," again, his facial expression made it quite clear he wasn't hungry for an MRE. When she brought him the vegetable soup, he looked at her with "Surely you don't expect me to eat THAT?" written all over his face.
                sigpic
                Special thanks to nebulan for the sig

Comment

Ok, I just got one more from each episode that was on yesterday:

1)From SG-1, Past and Present: Janet tells Jack (and Teal'c) who are standing at the door to the infirmary that one of the vials is missing. Jack stands ther a second, then sort of gives this resigned look (like "Of course it is.") and without a word he and Teal'c both run off to find Daniel and Ke'ra

2)From SGA, Conversion: Any of the scenes where Sheppard just stares someone down in that creepy retrovirus make-up, especially with those contacts!

Comment

Just had a chance to see Midway, and OMG what an ep for this thread. Tons of brilliant scenes. Okay, just two of my favorites to get us started:

Spoiler:
                    When Teal'c and Ronon have to share a room on the midway station, and they both go for the lower bunk.

And in the end, first of all the jaunty wave Ronon gives them when the hatch opens, but even better when Kavanaugh tries to greet him, and Ronon just elbows him aside. And when he tickles Shep awake...

Oops, that was way more than two!

Okay, gotta stop myself, I'm on a complete Midway high. IMO, one of the best episodes ever.

sigpic

Comment

Midway (SGA)

Spoiler:
                      Ronon waking Shepp up. Yes, I know it's mentioned but damn...

Conversion (SGA)

The look Teyla has on her face as the screen fades to black, after John has watched her walk away.

Threads (SG-1)

When Sam ducks her head into Jack's arm/hand after he's said his "Always line". *sigh*

Also, the look after he tells her to "go pick flowers". God.

Actually most of the looks they pass one another in that whole episode....
                      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Well, if we're going to get all angsty, there's not much that beats this:

From Affinity.

Comment

Lifeboat, Daniel gave an expectacular work of acting, here as the kid/personification
                          sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post

Lifeboat, Daniel gave an expectacular work of acting, here as the kid/personification
                            My goodness! He really does look like he's ten!

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                              Well, if we're going to get all angsty, there's not much that beats this:

From Affinity.
                              Jack and Sam really do that unspoken stuff so well. I forgot the name of the ep (it's been a while since I watched our DVDs, not even sure what season...) but it's when they have those wristbands from the Tok'ra that give them superhuman strength, and Sam gets caught behind the force field - the look that passes between her and Jack... *sigh*
                              Last edited by starg8fans; 15 February 2008, 09:28 PM. Reason: Typo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X