This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About the Stargate Timeline - Ori & Ancients

If this has already been discussed on here before I apologise but I’ve got to ask:

I've been an avid SG1 fan since series 1 right though to the and including the AOT, I watched re-watched Avalon pt1&2 the other day and it suddenly hit me....

Daniel says the Ori are ascended beings like the ancients but evil.

Well my question is this:

Basically the ancients left their galaxy and came to ours because of the Ori. In the AOT it shows the ancients with the ark just before they leave on the ship to come to the milky way - by this statement it says the Ori were already ascended . . . yet in Atlantis it says the ancients (million years or so later??) were researching ascension to ascend so how come if the Ori were ascended didn’t the ancients know about ascension & how to reach it being as they started off as the same race?

the Ori weren't ascended when the Alterans left.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

The device isnt purely for ascended beings, it is to convince people to see the truth, even what it is programmed to do isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by alt6931en View Post
        If this has already been discussed on here before I apologise but I’ve got to ask:

I've been an avid SG1 fan since series 1 right though to the and including the AOT, I watched re-watched Avalon pt1&2 the other day and it suddenly hit me....

Daniel says the Ori are ascended beings like the ancients but evil.

Well my question is this:

Basically the ancients left their galaxy and came to ours because of the Ori. In the AOT it shows the ancients with the ark just before they leave on the ship to come to the milky way - by this statement it says the Ori were already ascended . . . yet in Atlantis it says the ancients (million years or so later??) were researching ascension to ascend so how come if the Ori were ascended didn’t the ancients know about ascension & how to reach it being as they started off as the same race?
        The ark has nothing to do with ascension.

Comment

Working...
        X