Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you add to Ark of Truth? (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you add to Ark of Truth? (Possible Spoilers)

I think a lot of things could have been added to the film to make it much better and more epic.

Here are my ideas:

The Prior who they allowed to come to the SGC manages to adapt to the anti-prior device, break out of the base and go to some nearby city to try to convert the Earth population to origin. It would be so cool to watch the prior go into some city and starting to spread the word of origin, showing miracles to convince people.

Toward the end of the movie (shortly before they use the Ark on the Doki) show a large Ori fleet closing in on Earth and start attacking it. Show Earth's 2 ships (Apollo and Deadalous) battling them, as well as drones being fired from Antarctica. Ori start sending ground forces. This would all stop the moment the ark affects the priors via the doki. that would stop the attack just in time as all seems lost.
    A lot of Earth's population now knows about the alien attack.. but the government uses the ark to convince the population that it didn't happen and make them belive something else.

In the end of the film Daniel says the ark is a very dangerous thing, and General Landry tells him not to worry, "its being studied by top men in area 51". Then show the ark being boxed up and hidden in a huge warehouse filled with thousands of similar boxes.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas.

Spoiler:
    I would add more ascended beings. Ancients and the Ori
    Spoiler:
    but they were wiped out in the Shroud

-more Adria and Morgan
    -in the begging I wanted to see the Ori and their society and armies
    -I would remove the whole IOA/replicator part
    -huge battle on the Earth's orbit
    -battle between ascended Ancients and the Ori
    -I would add scenes from ascended plane

Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah more Ascended beings fighting Adria would have been cool.

Even though she lost her followers I doubt she would immediately loose all her powers. She should still have a lot of power that she already gathered. So Morgan couldn't take her alone.
      I think the moment she lost her followers she should have told Morgan "I'm still much more powerful than you" and then more ascended beings should appear next to Morgan (maybe Skarra and the other Abydonians who ascended) and help her out in the fight against Adria.

I think the Jaffa fleet (commanded by Bra'tac) should have showed up to help Earth in the battle against the Ori fleet in Earth's orbit.

Also in the begining of the film it would have been cool to see the Ori army arriving at the Nox planet, and after the Nox refuse to bow down the Ori armies destroy the Nox who refuse to defend themselves using violence. after they die the Nox ascend and could appear in the end of the fim to stand against Adria.

Also would have been nice to see the giant aliens from season 1. Maybe SG1 goes there to ask for help against the Ori.. and they are the ones who tell them about the ark..

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
        I think a lot of things could have been added to the film to make it much better and more epic.

Here are my ideas:

The Prior who they allowed to come to the SGC manages to adapt to the anti-prior device, break out of the base and go to some nearby city to try to convert the Earth population to origin. It would be so cool to watch the prior go into some city and starting to spread the word of origin, showing miracles to convince people.

Toward the end of the movie (shortly before they use the Ark on the Doki) show a large Ori fleet closing in on Earth and start attacking it. Show Earth's 2 ships (Apollo and Deadalous) battling them, as well as drones being fired from Antarctica. Ori start sending ground forces. This would all stop the moment the ark affects the priors via the doki. that would stop the attack just in time as all seems lost.
        I like it up to here. BUT i would really start despising our govt if they went and did
        [quote]
        A lot of Earth's population now knows about the alien attack.. but the government uses the ark to convince the population that it didn't happen and make them belive something else.

In the end of the film Daniel says the ark is a very dangerous thing, and General Landry tells him not to worry, "its being studied by top men in area 51". Then show the ark being boxed up and hidden in a huge warehouse filled with thousands of similar boxes.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas.
        I would hate that too... especially as we have already seen how govt factions can use things we box up..

I think the moment she lost her followers she should have told Morgan "I'm still much more powerful than you" and then more ascended beings should appear next to Morgan (maybe Skarra and the other Abydonians who ascended) and help her out in the fight against Adria.

That would have been sweet!!

Comment

Basically change the entire movie tbh, for me they got so many things wrong that I'd start from scratch .

Comment

Some more Arthurian mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I wouldn't have minded that at all.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Yeah I would have liked that...

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  I would put a stargate in it.

Spoiler:
                  BTW, that was a joke. Really, i would just make it longer. And make it a mini-series.

Comment

Not seen the movie or the leaked version so will reserve judgement until I see it but if its what I hear it is then I would probably do the following changes.

Changes:
                    *No Replicators, save that for another movie.
                    *More Ori action and show how desperate the battle is despite the advanced Asgard technology they have.
                    *Adria isnt attacked by Morgan but is convinced by Vala to reform the Ori's ways as she is the only member of her kind left. Maybe have her leave this plain of existence entirely or go into isolation or genuinely try to help the Children of the Ori. Basically, rather then destroy the Ori entirely, do something like Babylon 5 or Deep Space 9.

No additions but replacements... its difficult to think of a proper plotline considering there was little to help defeat such a powerful foe so leaving the Ark of Truth device in until I think of something else.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                      Changes:
                      *No Replicators, save that for another movie.
                      *More Ori action and show how desperate the battle is despite the advanced Asgard technology they have.
                      *Adria isnt attacked by Morgan but is convinced by Vala to reform the Ori's ways as she is the only member of her kind left. Maybe have her leave this plain of existence entirely or go into isolation or genuinely try to help the Children of the Ori. Basically, rather then destroy the Ori entirely, do something like Babylon 5 or Deep Space 9.

No additions but replacements... its difficult to think of a proper plotline considering there was little to help defeat such a powerful foe so leaving the Ark of Truth device in until I think of something else.
                      I couldn't agree more with you except for your suggestion with Adria.

The replicators had no bussines being in this movie.

By the way it was totally unbelievable and ridiculous that Odyssey was this powerfull all of a sudden. She couldn't hold her own against two Ori ships in Unending but in Ark of Truth

Spoiler:
                      her shields can somehow miraculously hold of an entire Orie fleet shooting at them.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post

Great, that means it's going to end up being stored next to the Ark of the Covenant, never to be seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post

By the way it was totally unbelievable and ridiculous that Odyssey was this powerfull all of a sudden. She couldn't hold her own against two Ori ships in Unending but in Ark of Truth

Spoiler:
                          her shields can somehow miraculously hold of an entire Orie fleet shooting at them.
                          You're forgetting that the
                          Spoiler:
                          Replicators tends to enhance the ships they take over.

Comment

1. Ori
                            2. More Adria
                            3. Less Replicators
                            4. More
                            5. Less

Comment

Originally posted by SierraGolf-OneNiner View Post

If the Replicators actually did something relevant to the Ori plotline then perhaps I would feel differently but that would be a rehash of the Goa'uld-Replicator War so I think it would have been better if they were relegated to their own movie. The movie was about the Ori and I think should have focused on that rather then other plotlines.

Well with the Ori dead due to the Sangraal, there was a perfect opportunity to reform or change the direction of the Ori rather then outright kill them. I mean in DS9 the Dominion was never wiped out but by saving the Founders the Federation changed their minds on the war, in Babylon 5 the Shadows and Vorlons were confronted for their squabbles and decided to leave the galaxy for the younger races rather then be guardians anymore and in SG-1 the Goa'uld power structure was shattered by the Jaffa uprising and Replicator invasion which meant they survived but not on the same level as they used to be. I personally would have liked to have seen some aspect of the Ori survive because Merlin himself said that in the beginning they had the best of intentions but got corrupted over the centuries.

Also, the defeat of Adria seems somewhat of a rehash of the Oma and Anubis fight so thats another reason I would change that encounter.

But as I have said, will not judge the movie until it comes out and I actually see it but thats what my initial thoughts are like.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X