X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To 'er' is woman, apparently...

Carter? Keller? Porter?

Sheesh, at least those not of the Milky Way Galaxy haven't fallen into this trap. Teyla has a unique name, but damn.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Vega, Weir, Brown, Sharon, Madison ... I think you might be on to something.

But you did forget Miller. (Jeannie Miller)
    "The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Stargate

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers." - Voltaire

Comment

Shepperd. Hmm... Maybe TPTB are trying to tell us something.

Comment

Hasn't Alison Porter's name been changed to Alicia Vega now? Or is that a completely different character?
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
          Hasn't Alison Porter's name been changed to Alicia Vega now? Or is that a completely different character?
          Yes and no

Yes Alicia Vega has replaced Alison Porter as the new Captain, but Alison Porter is still coming to Atlantis but this time as a scientist. Confused? I am
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
            By any other name would smell as sweet."

In other word: who cares?

The only name that means anything (spelled wrong?) is Sheppard.

mmm And maybe McCoy uh... McKay.

annnnnd Conan er... Ronon.
            sigpic

Comment

In on the first page of an epic thread

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                  Shepperd. Hmm... Maybe TPTB are trying to tell us something.
                  Maybe, Cameron Mitchell

Comment

General Hammond? Nah.

Comment

Bother. It's Sheppard, isn't it? Shouldn't post stuff like that when I'm on cold meds. Hmmm... Don't suppose I can get away with Zerlenka or Kavernagh either, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                        And why did they change her name? I haven't been following her thread? I liked her original name better.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by zoislk View Post
                          Vega, Weir, Brown, Sharon, Madison ... I think you might be on to something.

But you did forget Miller. (Jeannie Miller)
                          Oh, of course. Jeannie Miller!

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                          Yes and no

Yes Alicia Vega has replaced Alison Porter as the new Captain, but Alison Porter is still coming to Atlantis but this time as a scientist. Confused? I am
                          Indeed. So you know what happened, right? The writers didn't want to let go of such an awesomely unique name, so they just had to bring Porter onboard regardless.

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post

Of course it's all trivial. I contemplated not making this thread, because I know how trivial it is. But you know? They could call all the characters in the series by numbers, ordered by introduction, and I think it'd still be worth discussion! It's just a fun little jab at the less-than-stellar diversity we've seen in one particular avenue. And... more than anything? I was bored out of my frelling mind, so I made this thread. This epic thread.

Oh, and yes. Shepperd, McCoy, Conan... the whole gang.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          This made me day.

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                          Maybe, Cameron Mitchell
                          Straw-grasping at its... second finest!

Originally posted by Merat View Post
                          General Hammond? Nah.
                          Straw-grasping at its absolute finest! I can only say I'm saddened that I didn't think of these.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          Bother. It's Sheppard, isn't it? Shouldn't post stuff like that when I'm on cold meds. Hmmm... Don't suppose I can get away with Zerlenka or Kavernagh either, huh?
                          Hah! Oh let's see, then. Teral'c? Loerne? For the grand finale, I present to you... Jack O'Nerill! ...This is ridiculous. Easily the silliest topic I've ever posted in... hats off to myself -- I made it.
                          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post

I knew I remembered that from somewhere. I don't think their names mean anything. Jsut that the writers have a knack for using names such as Miller, Carter, Keller, etc.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                              Carter? Keller? Porter?

Sheesh, at least those not of the Milky Way Galaxy haven't fallen into this trap. Teyla has a unique name, but damn.
                              You didnt hear? The Original spelling was Teyler. LOL
                              : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                              : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Working...
                              X