PDA

View Full Version : Worst episode of SGA ever.

stevearm07
February 12th, 2008, 02:07 PM
That was godawful, only the second time I've wanted to switch off before the end (the first was SG1: Resurrection).

I know it's unlikely that I'll get people agreeing with me [mod snip] but how anyone could have liked that episode is beyond me. Then again on here it seems like a particularly funny line by a character can make up for poor writing, acting, storytelling etc...

Trio was awful.

Keller? Annoying, crybaby wimp [mod snip] and is a pathetic waste of a character?

Rodney devolving into his pre-season 3 form of being an annoying, crybaby?

Carter? Suddenly turned dumb, with no balls to take command over Rodney?

Apparently that was their most expensive set this season. What a waste.

Just so boooooooooooorrrriiinnnngggg....

As if the writers haven't been [mod snip] up the Stargate franchise enough these past 4 years, now they churn out 'Trio'. Urgh.

The thing that REALLY pisses me off, is they can't even write decent episodes NOW... and they still want to release the godawful-sounding SGU.

I despair.

Worst episode of SGA. Even worse than Irresistable and Irresponsible.

stevearm07
February 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Taken from Trekbbs, BRILLIANT post by 'biotech':

You know, its bad enough when they recycle old episodes, but when they start recycling episodes from about three weeks ago, you know you are in trouble.

You can imagine the writers room.

What shall we have this week, full ensemble cast?
No, stick two of them together again in one room.
Thats old hat, we need to shake it up a bit.
Three people!
Thats brilliant!
So we have three people stuck in a room and they cant get out.
Didnt we do this already?
Quite a few times, but whos counting?
You know what else this episode needs?
Anoying kids?
Bingo, I mean that princess from the other week was such a hit with the fans.
Hey, we cant know that, we write these things so far in advance.
What, we write these things, I just throught we cut pages from old scripts and paste them together into a new script.

Jeffala
February 12th, 2008, 02:32 PM
How can it be the worst episode ever when it was preceded by dreck like "Irresistible".

stevearm07
February 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
How can it be the worst episode ever when it was preceded by dreck like "Irresistible".

I didn't think ANYTHING could be worse than Irresistible but this was.

Just.

Jeffala
February 12th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I didn't think ANYTHING could be worse than Irresistible but this was.

Just.

Wow. I respectfully disagree.

SG13-NightOps
February 12th, 2008, 03:46 PM
[mod snip] Among other implied nasties.

I have a copy of how to win friends and influence people if you would like it?

Around here we try and take the murphey's law approach. Anything that can happen, will happen. So no matter how much we find it impossible - someone will like it/hate it, despite what we think.

And we tend not to give them childish names and insult their intelligence for daring to be different or have a different opinion to us.

Try it, you will get more replies to your threads.

Night Marshal
February 12th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I agree that was bad

stevearm07
February 12th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Not just bad. Awful.

It would have been better to have one less episode this season than that waste of 42 minutes.

Whichever 'genius' came up with the Keller character needs to get sacked.

As though we need yet ANOTHER wussy, crybaby character for god sake.

Avenger
February 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM
That was godawful, only the second time I've wanted to switch off before the end (the first was SG1: Resurrection).

So, were "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible" really better than "Trio". That's just seems quite bizarre to me.

I know it's unlikely that I'll get people agreeing with me [mod snip] but how anyone could have liked that episode is beyond me. Then again on here it seems like a particularly funny line by a character can make up for poor writing, acting, storytelling etc...

I liked it because it was a decent character driven episode with some good banter between the three.

Keller? Annoying, crybaby wimp [mod snip] and is a pathetic waste of a character?

Annoying? That's opinion. Not going to argue with you. Crybaby wimp? She looked pretty calm to me. She was no where near as weak as she was in "missing" [mod snip] Sorry, but no. She's not sleeping around with anyone that we know about. She was just as helpful in providing ideas on how to get out as anyone else. And she was the one who found the way out in the end.

Rodney devolving into his pre-season 3 form of being an annoying, crybaby?

Rodney always does this. Same thing happened in "Quarantine". He was out of his element. The problem at hand was a physical problem. That's not his strength. If there isn't crazy science involved and he has no control over the situation, he freaks out. Furthermore, at the end of the episode, he came through with a rare feat of physical strength. Dare I call that character development?

Carter? Suddenly turned dumb, with no balls to take command over Rodney?

You can't tell people like Rodney that they're wrong when they are. It's far better for someone like Sam to let Rodney fail so he can learn a little humility.

Apparently that was their most expensive set this season. What a waste.

It was the best looking and most interactive set of the season for sure.

Just so boooooooooooorrrriiinnnngggg....

Apparently, action is all that works for you. Some of us actually like some character development.

stevearm07
February 12th, 2008, 05:02 PM
So, were "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible" really better than "Trio". That's just seems quite bizarre to me.

Ok fine, those were worse. MGM should have fired TPTB after those.

I liked it because it was a decent character driven episode with some good banter between the three.

Decent character driven episode? Seeing McKay get all hot and bothered about Keller removing her shirt? Tying knots? People falling from high places? Good banter? George Clooney or Brad Pitt? More childish immature sexual jokes from TPTB? Please.

Annoying? That's opinion. Not going to argue with you. Crybaby wimp? She looked pretty calm to me. She was no where near as weak as she was in "missing" [mod snip] Sorry, but no. She's not sleeping around with anyone that we know about. She was just as helpful in providing ideas on how to get out as anyone else. And she was the one who found the way out in the end.

Whichever genius came up with the Keller character doesn't know what he's doing. Every episode its all about the wimpy crybaby. [mod snip] Nice work TPTB, nice way to replace one crybaby (Carson) with another.

Rodney always does this. Same thing happened in "Quarantine". He was out of his element. The problem at hand was a physical problem. That's not his strength. If there isn't crazy science involved and he has no control over the situation, he freaks out. Furthermore, at the end of the episode, he came through with a rare feat of physical strength. Dare I call that character development?

Exactly. McKay was freaking annoying the first two and a half seasons. Always doomsaying, complaining, arguing, being obnoxious, childish and whiney... and not in a good character way, in an annoying 'I want to punch him' way. Since then, he's been great. Much calmer, much cooler and a lot more likeable. He's devolved into old annoying McKay in Qurantine and Trio.

You can't tell people like Rodney that they're wrong when they are. It's far better for someone like Sam to let Rodney fail so he can learn a little humility.

Another example of <snip> making excuses for the writers. Sam clearly is a wasted presence on Atlantis judging by the crap planning from TPTB, seeing as she's only in it for a year, and has hardly had many meaningful roles in season 4 episodes anyway.

It was the best looking and most interactive set of the season for sure.

Best looking? A small room with boxes, dust and a couple of doors? Interactive? A set on stilts? What a waste.

Apparently, action is all that works for you. Some of us actually like some character development.

I like character development too. Just not when it's in the form of an utter garbage episode like Trio.

Taken from Trekbbs, BRILLIANT post by 'biotech':

You know, its bad enough when they recycle old episodes, but when they start recycling episodes from about three weeks ago, you know you are in trouble.

You can imagine the writers room.

What shall we have this week, full ensemble cast?
No, stick two of them together again in one room.
Thats old hat, we need to shake it up a bit.
Three people!
Thats brilliant!
So we have three people stuck in a room and they cant get out.
Didnt we do this already?
Quite a few times, but whos counting?
You know what else this episode needs?
Anoying kids?
Bingo, I mean that princess from the other week was such a hit with the fans.
Hey, we cant know that, we write these things so far in advance.
What, we write these things, I just throught we cut pages from old scripts and paste them together into a new script.

Jeffala
February 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Whichever genius came up with the Keller character doesn't know what he's doing. Every episode its all about the wimpy crybaby. [mod snip] Nice work TPTB, nice way to replace one crybaby (Carson) with another.

Playful? Yes. Flirty? Yes. "Woman of loose morals"? No. I made fun of the character and her actions in this episode because it wouldn't be hard to pull some humor from them, but a slut she is not.

If she starts dropping to her knees at the first sight of a man, then you can call her a "woman of loose morals", but nothing she's done so far is in any way indicative of a "woman of loose morals".

Cory Holmes
February 12th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Why has nobody else drawn the parallels between Trio and Solitudes? Reduced cast, enclosed spaces, sniffling and whining female... it's all the same!

So that means that Carter is a [mod snip], O'Neill is a useless jerk who can't control his team, and both episodes are pure garbage.

Or both episodes are enjoyable for different reasons. I happen to like both Trio and Solitudes. We all have different opinions, and I don't think I'm going to change mine just because someone posts the same post over and over again ;)

Lythisrose
February 12th, 2008, 05:51 PM
LMAO Me too.

Now that you've brought up "Kirk", why is it okay for Sheppard to flirt with every female in Pegasus but it's not okay for Keller to have a beer with Rodney after her relationship with Ronon fizzled out or maybe even failed to take off [# (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/11/february-11-2008-script-work-the-doctor-drops-in-and-that-deleted-conversation/)]?

I have no problem with either one, to tell you the truth. And Shep can flirt with me anytime! ;)

fugiman
February 12th, 2008, 05:52 PM
LMAO Me too.

Now that you've brought up "Kirk", why is it okay for Sheppard to flirt with every female in Pegasus but it's not okay for Keller to have a beer with Rodney after her relationship with Ronon fizzled out or maybe even failed to take off [# (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/11/february-11-2008-script-work-the-doctor-drops-in-and-that-deleted-conversation/)]?

Double Standard I guess, and as a Male I would call him a [mod snip] before Keller a [mod snip]

Also that was great deleted conversation:D Thanks:D

Avenger
February 12th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I didn't know challenging some to defend their opinion was actually against the rules here. What bunk.

TameFarrar
February 12th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Folks lets keep in mind that this is a PG forum and even though you are discussing characters who have no feelings..the 13 years that are members of our Forum do. So please refrain from using words that are not intended for our younger membership

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

fugiman
February 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Folks lets keep in mind that this is a PG forum and even though you are discussing characters who have no feelings..the 13 years that are members of our Forum do. So please refrain from using words that are not intended for our younger membership

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

The Nicest Mod around:)

jelgate
February 12th, 2008, 07:57 PM
The Nicest Mod around:)

*cough*Suck up*cough*:P

Lythisrose
February 12th, 2008, 07:57 PM

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator

Sorry:(

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry:(

I think that wasn't directed at you ;)

Lythisrose
February 12th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I think that wasn't directed at you ;)

Actually I DID use a non-PG term in my post, so have been justifiably whacked by the mods... :o :( :S

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Actually I DID use a non-PG term in my post, so have been justifiably whacked by the mods... :o :( :S

oh ok my bad sorry :o

Avenger
February 12th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Sorry about my inappropriate post on the first page. Didn't know what I did. Now I do.

Anyway, to the OP, I challenge you to respond my post with examples that defend your position rather than replying by reposting your the exact same thing from your first post which was contained no specific examples to your displeasures concerning the episode. It is merely emotionally charged opinion at this point.

fugiman
February 12th, 2008, 09:04 PM
*cough*Suck up*cough*:P

Well am I wrong?:cool:

FallenAngelII
February 12th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Did somebody say "Playful flirting"? ¬_¬'

I have yet to see this episode and I don't care, but if there's playful flirting in this episode, then it's automatically among the Bottom 5 this season.

There's been enough "playful flirting" already. Larrin gave us our reccomended seasonal dosage already back in "Travelers" and even "Harmony" had some playful flirting. At least keep it to actual overt flirting that could result in romantic connections (like the Ronon & Jennifer-thing) instead of more innuendo, double-entendres and/or "playful flirting".

Enough is enough. Why must all characters on this show occasionally devolve into Samantha Jones on Sex and the City? At least her character was consistent and constantly playfully flirting instead of at times being timid and blushy and then playfully flirty.

Chaos-Storm
February 12th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Agreed, worst episode ever.

Much worse than irresistable.

There was practically no plot, and the entire episode occured in a small enclosed space. To whoever compared it to solitudes, at least solitudes revolved around the second stargate, which played a pivital role in the show afterwards. The incident in this episode will never be mentioned or refrerred to again, and no future episodes will have any bearing on it whatsoever. It also wasn't related to anything previously seen in the show, other than sticking a few people in a room for a few hours to see what happens

On the issue of character development, they have no idea what they want to do with keller apparently, other than have her chase after each individual member of the main team 1 by 1 or something.

I hate these whole fractured episodes recently where half the team is not even present.

The TARDIS
February 12th, 2008, 11:27 PM
People, I understand your griping about the cast being split up and all, but please try to appreciate that not all the actors could be present every episode this season. Rachel had maternity leave, so she needed to leave early (correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Trio, Outcast, and Harmony were all filmed after Rachel left). Jason was expecting a kid, as was David, Sam was working on Sanctuary and on the SG-1 movies, really, it's only Joe and Jewel who were available for every episode this season, and Jewel's reoccurring, so they won't stick her into every single episode.

So really, what would you have TPTB do? Cut the season short, with only 15 episodes, so that none of these fractured-team episodes were needed? I'm sorry, but I don't think Sci-Fi would like that much. Can Rachel, Sam, Jason and David because they can't devote their entire life to their job? There goes the show! KAPUT! And I'm sorry, but not even McDonald's treats it's employees like that!

So please people, try to understand that these fractured teem episodes are needed, and don't take it out on TPTB or on the actors, because really, last time I checked, family is far more important than one's job. :)

stevearm07
February 13th, 2008, 02:47 AM
I've forgiven the fact that half the team are showing up these past few episodes. If they're not available they're not available and that's fine.

That doesn't mean we need to be subjected to boring, immature, cringeworthy episodes like Trio, with yet MORE annoying children (as though TPTB they that they're such a hit with the fans), more crybaby Keller, de-evolved McKay and 'ball-less' Carter.

DavetheAvatar
February 13th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Wow okay...I liked it.

There have been far worse episodes, such as the frequently named Irresistible. I actually liked Trio though. It was a fun episode, there were some nice character moments, a few bits that brought a smile to my face.

So there are much better episodes too, but I think you're being a bit harsh.

Avenger
February 13th, 2008, 06:35 PM
I've forgiven the fact that half the team are showing up these past few episodes. If they're not available they're not available and that's fine.

That doesn't mean we need to be subjected to boring, immature, cringeworthy episodes like Trio, with yet MORE annoying children (as though TPTB they that they're such a hit with the fans), more crybaby Keller, de-evolved McKay and 'ball-less' Carter.

What would you have TPTB do when a large majority of the cast is not available? They can write an episode that is part of a larger story arc because those always involve the full cast. They had no choice but to come up with a filler with the folks who were available. If you have truly forgiven that the full cast hasn't been available for the last few episodes, you'd also be willing accept that there are going to be some weaker episodes as a result. You obviously haven't.

yet MORE annoying children (as though TPTB they that they're such a hit with the fans)

This needs to be addressed separately. You're obviously referring to Harmony with the more annoying children thing. You also seem to think that TPTB wrote then shot this episode between the time Harmony aired and now. Guess what? These episodes were probably written over a year ago and shot sometime last spring. So they had no idea what kind of reaction annoying kids were going to get from the fans back at the beginning of 2007.

Detox
February 13th, 2008, 11:58 PM
You do realize that the episode doesn't actually suck, and that this is just ALL your opinion. No matter how whiny and annoying it may be.

Sure, your make fun of all their supposed character flaws, yet ironically, these specific flaws are apparently bountiful in your own self.

InUtero
February 14th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Stevearm07 - If you hate it so much, stop watching. ;)

AGateFan
February 14th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah see this is where I am at. I can think of several eps of SGA (and two seasons of SG1) that were worse then this ep. While I didnt think it was great or awesome or anything, I didnt really see much to hate in the ep, didnt seem too offensive to me.

I thought Keller was actually written better then she had been in the past, though I did do a WTF at the end when she asked Mckay out. And in retrospect the Bar Game doesnt really fit with what she has whined about in the past.

I thought McKay was pretty much in character. His character has evolved since his time on SG-1 and I actually like him, but he has some basic characteristics that wont really change like his arrogance and cluelessness about other peoples feelings.

I though Carter played her role fine. She took charge when she had too but was perfectly aware of McKays ego. She didnt exactly need him sulking in the corner, she needed him at his arrogant best trying to come up with a plan. I did think it was odd she asked about the radios, but I saw that more of a say what you know out loud just to see if anyone gives you a good reason of why you are wrong.

I did think the ep was a bit slow but at least that is better then offensive (to me). I do agree with your god aweful SGU comment. I do worry about TPTB ability to write eps and keep the characters in character and keep the stargate universe stargatey as opposed to cliche scifi. I just didnt see some of the problems in this ep that I have seen in others. Oh well, we all have a trigger I guess. Maybe I just had low expectations going in, but it was actually better then I expected.

Orion's Star
February 14th, 2008, 05:32 AM
You do realize that the episode doesn't actually suck, and that this is just ALL your opinion. No matter how whiny and annoying it may be.

You do realize that the episode isn't actually good, and that this is just ALL your opinion. No matter how condescending and arrogant it may be.

Wow! It's amazing how that works both ways. :rolleyes:

stevearm07
February 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM

Sure, your make fun of all their supposed character flaws, yet ironically, these specific flaws are apparently bountiful in your own self.

As Orion's Star says, you do realise that the episode was awful, and that your post was just YOUR opinion?

Stevearm07 - If you hate it so much, stop watching. ;)

Ahh the old 'if you hate it so much, stop watching' reply. That never gets old LMAO. Luckily if all the fans who disliked the way the series is going DID stop watching, the ratings would be going even more downhill than they already are.

This needs to be addressed separately. You're obviously referring to Harmony with the more annoying children thing. You also seem to think that TPTB wrote then shot this episode between the time Harmony aired and now. Guess what? These episodes were probably written over a year ago and shot sometime last spring. So they had no idea what kind of reaction annoying kids were going to get from the fans back at the beginning of 2007.

Yes because annoying kids are a guaranteed way of entertaining the fans. I'd rather TPTB THOUGHT before the did Harmony that annoying kids aren't quite the most clever plot device to use. Certainly not twice in 3 weeks.

jenks
February 14th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Ahh the old 'if you hate it so much, stop watching' reply. That never gets old LMAO. Luckily if all the fans who disliked the way the series is going DID stop watching, the ratings would be going even more downhill than they already are.

Never gets and answer either.

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 10:57 AM

sure :rolleyes: TBTB decide to kill off Weir and Carson and everybody expects the numbers to fall. did they? nope. a lot of people said the show's doomed, there'll never be a s5. they were wrong. and dude if you still don't consider the live +7 numbers then there's no point in talking about any ratings or viewers ;)

stclare
February 14th, 2008, 11:28 AM
sure :rolleyes: TBTB decide to kill off Weir and Carson and everybody expects the numbers to fall. did they? nope. a lot of people said the show's doomed, there'll never be a s5. they were wrong. and dude if you still don't consider the live +7 numbers then there's no point in talking about any ratings or viewers ;)

Not to start a rating war, because I find them beyond tedious. but isnt it a bit difficult to compare the previous seasons rating against season 4 as the parameters changed. season 4 was allowed to add dvr + whatever 7 ect ,and the amount of people covered by N boxes changed. also the advertising for season 4 was way better than any previous season. there are many factors that make up a change in ratings not just wether people have left and been replaced by other sets of fans.

I thought that they were similar than previous season if you look at it like for like. Not down nor substantialy up either. either way the important factor was they got a season 5 which is all that really matters. :)

Anyway on topic. Not the worst ep for me that remains IRRIE and its appalling sequal :S

Jumper_One
February 14th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Not to start a rating war, because I find them beyond tedious. but isnt it a bit difficult to compare the previous seasons rating against season 4 as the parameters changed. season 4 was allowed to add dvr + whatever 7 ect ,and the amount of people covered by N boxes changed. also the advertising for season 4 was way better than any previous season. there are many factors that make up a change in ratings not just wether people have left and been replaced by other sets of fans.

also the ratings point ratio changes from week to week. for example the s3 premiere NML got a 1.54 and had just under 1.9 mil viewers. the s4 premiere Adrift got a 1.41 and had more than 2 mil viewers. the ratings for the first half of s4 are very similar to the ratings for the show in the back half of s3, so at least they didn't drop even though SGA is alone on friday nights without any help from SG-1 or BSG. and for the first time it premiered in the fall instead of the summer. anyway the show was renewed with these ratings, they can't be as bad as some people say ;)

I thought that they were similar than previous season if you look at it like for like. Not down nor substantialy up either. either way the important factor was they got a season 5 which is all that really matters. :)

Anyway on topic. Not the worst ep for me that remains IRRIE and its appalling sequal :S

:indeed:

ykickamoocow
February 14th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I cant belive anyone hated this episode as it was really enjoyable for me. This was the first episode where i actually liked Keller and both she and McKay had some really good character development. If season 1 McKay was in that mine instead of season 4 McKay all three characters would have died.

blue-skyz
February 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
IMO:

Trio is not the worst episode ever.
It is not even the worst episode of the season.
Missing is orders of magnitude worse than Trio.
Missing is the second worst episode ever. (Notice the “IMO” at the top.)
The Real World is the worst.

Irresponsible is politically incorrect in the worst possible way, but not the worst episode generally.

Trio surprised me.
I enjoyed it all the way through as pure entertainment.
It’s not really an episode of SGA and Sheppard is hardly in it, so it will stay low on my repeatability scale.
DH and AT are fine actors, always enjoyable to watch. I actually saw the possibilities in Keller for the first time. I like the idea of her having an irreverent, flirty, off the wall character. I wish they had played her that way from the start and toned the timidness and the self-doubt waaaay down.

Cory Holmes
February 14th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I suspect that Sheppard and Ronon weren't in Trio because they were busy filming Outcast. I imagine it was scheduled this way due to time constraints from other episodes.

ykickamoocow
February 14th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I suspect that Sheppard and Ronon weren't in Trio because they were busy filming Outcast. I imagine it was scheduled this way due to time constraints from other episodes.

Actually from memory i heard somewhere that while they were filming "trio" they were also filming 'Midway".

Mitchell82
February 14th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Exactly. Not everyone feels the same way.

KindlyKeller
February 15th, 2008, 12:07 AM
I cant belive anyone hated this episode as it was really enjoyable for me. This was the first episode where i actually liked Keller and both she and McKay had some really good character development. If season 1 McKay was in that mine instead of season 4 McKay all three characters would have died.

Thank you for saying that. This was personally one of my all-time favorite episodes. I'm truly stunned by the hatred for it. I could understand the "eh, it was okay" reaction that EVERY episode gets on here afterward, but this hate is just pure insanity.

I truly do wonder why every fandom -- be it Stargate, another TV show, a basketball team, etc. -- is commandeered by people who seem truly to despise that which they profess to love.

Avenger
February 15th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Because they are always the ones who make the most noise.

Landers
February 15th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I almost turned Trio off after 20 minutes, but nothing else was on, so I stuck with it. I was bored, and I was angered with the Zelenka insinuation. I still don't care much for Keller either.

No, I didn't like this episode, for various reasons. I understand some did like it, but it won't go into the SGA Hall of Fame.

That-scary-insane-girl
February 15th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I have to say that it was not one of the best episodes ever. It was not to horrible though. The set was nice. Yes, I know that it was just one room but it was still interesting. The ways they used the stuff in the room was interesting. Also, it was interesting to see how the charactors responded to the situation. Although there does seem to be a lot of episodes where the charactors are trapped somewhere it is still interesting to see how different characters react when trapped with other characters in various situations.

sweetsamurai
February 16th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I have to disagree since the worst episode of SGA ever in the entire show ever is Harmony!

nx01a
February 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
'Irresistable' is the worst. 'Irresponsible' isn't because it features cool Ancient tech and the enjoyable death of a bad guy. 'Trio' is nowhere near that level of... ugh.

Death to Lucius Lavin! Wraithing's too good for him!

gopher65
February 17th, 2008, 11:43 AM

Thank You
TameFarrar
GateWorld Moderator
First I want to say that I have no problem with the way the rules are set up here. It's Darren's forum and he can set whatever rules he wants. However, please, PLEASE stop misusing the rating "PG". What you actually mean is "This is a G-rated forum". PG means that most profanities as well as sexual content such as toplessness are allowed. Is that the case in this forum? Cause there are some great pics of the new cast member floating around that we could post here if this is really a PG-rated forum (obviously I am speaking of Robert Picardo here *cough*).

If these servers are in the US, US laws apply. From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_picture_rating_system#United_States):

"G - General Audiences - All ages admitted. There is no content that would be objectionable to most parents. Very mild language may exist, including words such as "heck", "moron", "dumb", "rats", "darn", "idiot", "crud", "jerk" or "stupid".

PG - Parental Guidance Suggested - Some material may not be suitable for children. These films may contain some mild language, crude humor, thematic elements, sexual themes, scary moments and/or violence. No drug content is present. The word "<I snipped this word out>" generally was not heard in pre-1984 "PG" films. There are a few exceptions to this rule. A few racial insults may also be heard.

PG-13 - Parents Strongly Cautioned - Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13. These films contain sexual content, nudity (partial), language, humor, mature themes, terror and/or intense action violence. Bloodshed is rarely present. This is the minimum rating at which drug content is present although Marijuana is the maximum use for this rating. While PG-13 films usually have more profanity than PG films, it is not necessarily common. A rating of PG-13 simply means that a film contains more profane language and/or racial insults than the PG rating permits. A PG-13 film with intense violence means there will be blood present in a violent way."

So if this is a PG-rated forum than I can say "sh*t" "wh**e" "damn" "hell" "shag me baby" and other mid-level, often lightly sexual, profanities. If it is G-rated than I can't say those things.

So chose your rating properly! Saying that this forum is PG is not correct. "PG" has a specific legal meaning that most people are aware of, so if you claim it is PG-rated when it isn't you will just confuse people.

JackHarkness_Hot
February 17th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Irresistable worst episode ever!

I like Trio, it was engaging cos their escape was basically a big puzzle and you had to solve it or else you'll die! :lol:

Easter Lily
February 17th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Well, there's probably a few contenders for that title... unfortunately... and unless we're all talking from the same page, I doubt there'll be much to go on from here.
However, I do agree with the original poster's general sentiments about this episode. I thought it was fairly tedious... a snooze fest... and I kept waiting for something interesting to happen. Why deliberately set it in an unknown village with past links with the Genii if you're not going to use that piece of information for something a lot more interesting than a "jeopardy" episode?
And all those snide comments about Zelenka were really uncalled for. It seemed rather OOC for those people to be making them as well.
Definitely an episode played for laffs... except I didn't of course...

SamCarterFan
February 20th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I had been looking forward to this episode for a very long time.
And I really really liked it.
I'm a huge Sam fan and this was a Sam centered episode.
I know Mckay and Keller were there... but still, I enjoyed seeing a lot of Sam.
And another aspect I liked was indeed the puzzle effect. Thinking alongside them for a way out. I liked it!!

Pheonix Commander
February 20th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Worst ever is a bit of a stretch. This whole season has been a little up and down. I know we often talk about flat spots in the back half of a season to save a bit of coin so they can blow it on a big three part finale to get us all back next year, but Trio was shakespeare compared to Harmony. That was a rubbish episode! I mean the best villians they could come up with were rogue genii? thats a cop out.

I hear people talking about the confined spaces episodes that we get once or twice a season, but the fact is that claustrophobia and impending doom make reasonable if not necessaryily original TV, and trio wont be the last episode of that nature i'm sure.

At least they weren't stuck in the atlantis equivilant of an elevator again!

gopher65
February 20th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I know we often talk about flat spots in the back half of a season to save a bit of coin so they can blow it on a big three part finale to get us all back next year,<snip>
That's what I thought when I first saw the episode. I was like "oh well, it was a really bad "trapped in a cage" episode, but I know they are saving money for the finales, so I'm cool with that". Then I came here and found out that Trio was one of their most expensive episodes of the season! That's when I got ticked off. I can take bad episodes if there is a monetary reason for them. But they wasted*that* much money on a bad episode?

metabog
February 20th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I liked the ep, I liked how they were coming up with ideas to get up, the kids were annoying enough, and I felt like I was falling when the camera zoomed in to reveal a huge chasm and the room falling into it in the end.

Stop being such crybabies. Remember the good times when we just watched the show on TV and there was no forum (back in 1997 maybe)? Now everyone just comes on this forum and bashes everyone else. I think the fans of Stargate are the most ungreatful, patronising, elitist people I've ever met. Why can't you people just get along?

Whiney keller does not equal worst ep in history of TV.

Set that "you don't like" does not equal worst ep in history.

Not enough shep-whumpage does not equal worst ep in history (and neither does TOO MUCH shep whumpage).

They are just eps, you watch them. If you didn't like it, you just say "hmm that was so so" and wait for the next one. It's highly improbable that the ep you just saw is OMG THE WORST EP EVAHHH!! but as I said fans of this show are taking all this stuff for granted. Why are you watching this show? I'm watching it because it's classic sci-fi, and I like the plots and characters. And I liked both Irresistibile and Irresponsable (they were funny). And I just don't get what is wrong with Jennifer Keller, I think she is a great flawed character, she is supposed to be annoying, we are supposed to hate her, it's her job to make us not like her, and the writers and actress seem to be doing a good job. That does not mean that we are supposed to HATE IT, and wish that it DIED, or hate the actress or writers. It's just a show, and it shows a possible world and that's how that character is. Do you "like" Oberoth? No, he was an EVIL person. But that doesn't mean the writers were somehow stupid for coming up with the character. No, that's why the cast is diverse. So good work TPTB. I'd rather have all this tame sci-fi to watch than be stuck with eternal depressing darkness and gloomyness like BSG.

Next episode Carson is going to show up and I can already see the forum in uproar over "OMG THE WORST EP EVAH".

KindlyKeller
February 20th, 2008, 02:49 PM
They're trying to make us dislike Keller? How did you come to that conclusion? I think that's way off base, personally.

metabog
February 21st, 2008, 05:11 AM
They're trying to make us dislike Keller? How did you come to that conclusion? I think that's way off base, personally.

Not dislike. She is a flawed character and she was conceived that way. People are just overreacting.

Cory Holmes
February 21st, 2008, 08:02 AM
Not dislike. She is a flawed character and she was conceived that way. People are just overreacting.

On these boards? Oh gasp and shock. I never would've suspected.

:p

Mack_1
February 21st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I have to disagree since the worst episode of SGA ever in the entire show ever is Harmony!

I so agree with you "Harmony" has the lead in this "worst episode ever" But what about "Travelers" and "Out Cast":mckay:

scififriday
February 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Well said. A totally pointless, stupid, and un-airworthy episode. All 4 of us in my family hated it.

Pharaoh Atem
February 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM
the only thing that bothered me about this ep. was mckay talking about carter showing her beasts to the kids.

i was disappointed the writers would go that far. :S

otherwise i really enjoyed the team trying to get out. it was something different :)

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 21st, 2008, 01:42 PM
the only thing that bothered me about this ep. was mckay talking about carter showing her beasts to the kids.

i was disappointed the writers would go that far. :S

otherwise i really enjoyed the team trying to get out. it was something different :)

:O i was laughing and falling on the floor at that bit sams face was halirous i watch it over because i'm sad and i laugh harder every time

gopher65
February 21st, 2008, 10:20 PM
I so agree with you "Harmony" has the lead in this "worst episode ever" But what about "Travelers" and "Out Cast":mckay:
I moderately liked both Travellers and Outcast. Harmony... well... I don't like little kids, and she was sure a bratty one:). This episode was way worse than Harmony though. Harmony had drones, and drones make any episode better hehe.

Cory Holmes
February 22nd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Harmony was volumes better than Irresistable. Irrisponsible was marginally better by way of Koyla, who makes everything better.

Then again, I still can't bring myself to watch 100, 200, or Wormhole X-Treme, so...

Jumper_One
February 22nd, 2008, 08:25 PM
Harmony was volumes better than Irresistable. Irrisponsible was marginally better by way of Koyla, who makes everything better.

Then again, I still can't bring myself to watch 100, 200, or Wormhole X-Treme, so...

um Wormhole X-Treme was the 100th ep ;)

mircalla
March 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
I've just sat and read this thread and am still at a loss as to why this should be considered the worst episode ever. There were enjoyable moments in it - I loved Rodney's impromptu canon, for example. There were cringing moments in it (suggesting Sam showed her breasts to the young boys). Sadly, the last does fit in with the mentality behind writing 'Irresistable' - an entire episode about drug rape and no acknowledgement of the seriousness of this and for me the one unwatchable episode because of the way the subject matter was treated.

This episode is a curate's egg but I will watch it because Rodney is my favourite character. I prefer to look past the arrogance and whining defensiveness to the real person, which is the positive part of this episode for me.

I'm not a fan of Keller, neither do I dislike her, but I would agree she is inconsistent with previous descriptions of herself and portrayals in earlier episodes. Sam, I thought was reasonable but sadly does not fit into Atlantis as well as I had hoped. Her character does not seem to take command and the chemistry Amanda Tapping had with the SG1 cast does not seem to be present to me.

It does concern me that the writers have difficulty in successfully producing scripts that have a narrower and more character driven focus. I enjoy seeing characters and relationships move along, feeling that I am getting to 'know' them as people. Pragmatically, as has been pointed out previously, the cast have obligations and commitments in their own lives and the writers must work around this. IMHO they would benefit from looking at the 'Doctor Lite' episode of Dr Who, 'Blink', for inspiration which demonstrated that there's lots of scope for looking at the impact of major characters on those around them.

Lastly, I am sad to see how vitriolic these discussions can become. I come to a site like this because, despite it's faults, I love the series and enjoy the characters. Surely if we have that in common it's possible to disagree without abuse?

Spidey3121
April 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Most episodes of SGA i find have a general reek of mediocrity. That usually doesn't stop me from watching however as i suppose i have grown quite accustomed to it. Season 3's "Irresistible" + "Irresponsible" were quite bad however.

I am less a fan of Atlantis so i've missed a fair chunk of episodes, especially season 4. Having caught the finale 3 episodes though i wasn’t particularly impressed with any of them. Not that they were among the worst eps, only that they continued the trend of mediocre episodes.

kara58
April 13th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Any episode with Keller in especially 'Missing' where she ruined a perfectly good Teyla episode, and 'Trio'. Out of these two, Trio is the worst SGA ever.

SGASG!
April 13th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I guess I enjoyed Trio because I was watching it in a car with nothing better to do but I enjoy pretty much any episode of Stargate.

Fjord
April 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Trio is in my opion a disgusting waste of money. Absoloutely terrible episode with no highpoints. Complete drivel

MechaThor
October 25th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Yes this epsiode is by far one of the worst episodes ever created in Stargate history EVER.

Its Boring, the dialog is uninteresting, nothing exciting happens the set looked really rubbish with conveniently placed wooden crates that where all too big to fit through them tiny doors, and Mckay was the only orighinla cast member in the majority of the show.

BORING

EvilSpaceAlien
October 25th, 2009, 02:45 AM
There's a tie between these episodes:

Irresistible
Irresponsible
Quarantine
Harmony
Trio
Ghost in the Machine
Whispers
The Lost Tribe
Outsiders
Inquisition
Brain Storm
Identity
Enemy at the Gate

Holy Hannah!
October 25th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Trio is in my opion a disgusting waste of money. Absoloutely terrible episode with no highpoints. Complete drivel

Trio was one of my favourites lol
so funny!

Betelgeuze
October 25th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Irresistable & Irresponsible. I really don't think there is anything funny about a fat date rapist.

Dr. Selene Ankarres
October 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
for me, the worse episodes were:

Adrift
Lifeline
Tabula Rasa
Missing
Miller's crossing
This mortal coil
Quarantine
Harmony - (hate that little brat)
Outcast
Trio

mostly, any of the episodes that don't have wraith in. i think some of these episodes were just thrown together - the writers must of been struggling to form something.

Jimmylad89
October 25th, 2009, 10:16 AM
mine are:
Doppelganger
outcast
inquisition
irresistible
the real world
epiphany
hotzone
but i look at it like 7/100 that only means i hate 7% of the episodes

Cold Fuzz
October 25th, 2009, 10:40 PM

Irresistible
Irresponsible

Oh goodness, those two episodes. I would have shot Lucius myself if given the chance. Those two episodes could have easily been replaced with something far, far better. It's hard to believe that TPTB actually went through the trouble to pen not one but two episodes with that louse Lucius. Ugh! :wraith34: The only redeeming quality about the episodes was in the second episode, Sheppard won the gun duel with Koyla.

If there's a character on Atlantis that I seriously wanted to be Wraith bait, it would have been Lucius.

Athram
November 6th, 2009, 04:03 PM
At first i didnt like this episode at all, but having watched it again recently it starts to grow on you a bit. I do think however they could have come up with something a little better than getting stuck down a hole!

Linda06
November 8th, 2009, 07:16 AM

Irresistible
Irresponsible
Quarantine
Harmony
Trio
Ghost in the Machine
Whispers
The Lost Tribe
Outsiders
Inquisition
Brain Storm
Identity
Enemy at the Gate

You forgot The Shrine and Vegas :p

EvilSpaceAlien
November 8th, 2009, 07:19 AM
You forgot The Shrine and Vegas :p

The Shrine, maybe. Vegas, no. I actually think that Vegas was one the decent episodes in the otherwise horrible fifth season.

jelgate
November 8th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I rather watch Enemy at the Gate over Vegas. That is how much I hate it

Linda06
November 8th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I rather watch Enemy at the Gate over Vegas. That is how much I hate it

I agree with Jel on this occasion :)

:eek: I can't believe I just agreed with Jel :p

jelgate
November 8th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I agree with Jel on this occasion :)

:eek: I can't believe I just agreed with Jel :p

I also believe that Teyla should be given to Todd. A man needs to eat

Linda06
November 8th, 2009, 08:07 AM
I also believe that Teyla should be given to Todd. A man needs to eat

:mckay: *smacks Jel with the GW server* Well it's already broken :p

Stewart5
November 8th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Trio, Missing, Irresponsible, Irresistable, Tabula Rasa (sp) pretty much sum it up for me. Poor efforts. Harmony was a bit useless too. Most ofS5 could be added in here.

WishIwasJoes
November 8th, 2009, 08:13 AM
Irresistible
Irresponsible
Brain Storm

I should mention I have only seen seaons 1-3 and then seaon 5 on hulu! So I guess my list could be longer. :P

Teal'c_PI
November 8th, 2009, 04:51 PM
I wasn't really wild about this episode, especially with the Dr. Zelenka bashing, but in my opinion it's not half as bad as Travelers or The Game. The former was just terrible--how can you enjoy a show with a guest character like Larrin?--and the latter simply made no sense at all.

Stargate Atlantis Girl
November 10th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I hated the episode Sunday, it was sooo sad, I felt so bad for Carson, cause all he wanted to do was go fishing with someone :( I think the episode would have been good, if Carson didn't die :(
I also didn't like Enemy at the Gate all that much.....but that's probably because it was the last episode......

Jacquelyn
April 8th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Wow. I respectfully disagree.

I agree with you. I disagree that this episode was aweful and the worst one.
It's actually a great episode. It shows that even though Rodney seems like he's an idiot lots of times if his or someone else's life is in danger he will succeed pretty much all the time...when you least expect it. :D

Plus the part when Rodney throws the rope up and doesn't get it at all, then Sam throws it up and gets it every time is sooo funny!! :D Sam rocks!

Trio, Missing, Irresponsible, Irresistable, Tabula Rasa (sp) pretty much sum it up for me. Poor efforts. Harmony was a bit useless too. Most ofS5 could be added in here.

I disagree. Those all were pretty good episodes. Especially Trio, Missing, & Tabula Rasa. :P

Jacquelyn
April 14th, 2010, 10:10 AM
(sorry for double post)

I am curious why people think this is such a bad eppy? If you DON'T like it then DON'T watch it. That's one solution to the problem. :P LOL

Stewart5
April 15th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Yeah...I don't

Ragitsu
May 8th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Menage a Trio, anyone?

SaberBlade
May 8th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Either one of the IRR episodes.

asdf1239
May 8th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I am curious why people think this is such a bad eppy? If you DON'T like it then DON'T watch it. That's one solution to the problem. :P LOL
the "if you don't like it don't watch it" mindset is an absurd strawman. those who don't like an episode have every right to criticize it, especially since criticism is helpful to those who it is directed at.

Stewart5
May 10th, 2010, 07:50 AM
After careful consideration, I do believe Irresponsible was my least favourite. Ever.

Kolya deserved a better finale vs Sheppard than that ep.

thekillman
May 10th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I am curious why people think this is such a bad eppy? If you DON'T like it then DON'T watch it. That's one solution to the problem. LOL

you only realise it's bad once you've watched it.