This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst episode of SGA ever.

That was godawful, only the second time I've wanted to switch off before the end (the first was SG1: Resurrection).

I know it's unlikely that I'll get people agreeing with me [mod snip] but how anyone could have liked that episode is beyond me. Then again on here it seems like a particularly funny line by a character can make up for poor writing, acting, storytelling etc...

Trio was awful.

Keller? Annoying, crybaby wimp [mod snip] and is a pathetic waste of a character?

Rodney devolving into his pre-season 3 form of being an annoying, crybaby?

Carter? Suddenly turned dumb, with no balls to take command over Rodney?

Apparently that was their most expensive set this season. What a waste.

Just so boooooooooooorrrriiinnnngggg....

As if the writers haven't been [mod snip] up the Stargate franchise enough these past 4 years, now they churn out 'Trio'. Urgh.

The thing that REALLY pisses me off, is they can't even write decent episodes NOW... and they still want to release the godawful-sounding SGU.

I despair.

Worst episode of SGA. Even worse than Irresistable and Irresponsible.
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 February 2008, 05:40 PM. Reason: you want respect then give it as well/learn to voice opinions without cuss words/PG forum

Taken from Trekbbs, BRILLIANT post by 'biotech':

You know, its bad enough when they recycle old episodes, but when they start recycling episodes from about three weeks ago, you know you are in trouble.

You can imagine the writers room.

What shall we have this week, full ensemble cast?
    No, stick two of them together again in one room.
    Thats old hat, we need to shake it up a bit.
    Three people!
    Thats brilliant!
    So we have three people stuck in a room and they cant get out.
    Didnt we do this already?
    Quite a few times, but whos counting?
    You know what else this episode needs?
    Anoying kids?
    Bingo, I mean that princess from the other week was such a hit with the fans.
    Hey, we cant know that, we write these things so far in advance.
    What, we write these things, I just throught we cut pages from old scripts and paste them together into a new script.

Comment

How can it be the worst episode ever when it was preceded by dreck like "Irresistible".

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        How can it be the worst episode ever when it was preceded by dreck like "Irresistible".
        I didn't think ANYTHING could be worse than Irresistible but this was.

Just.

Comment

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post
          I didn't think ANYTHING could be worse than Irresistible but this was.

Just.
          Wow. I respectfully disagree.

Comment

[mod snip] Among other implied nasties.

I have a copy of how to win friends and influence people if you would like it?

Around here we try and take the murphey's law approach. Anything that can happen, will happen. So no matter how much we find it impossible - someone will like it/hate it, despite what we think.

And we tend not to give them childish names and insult their intelligence for daring to be different or have a different opinion to us.

Try it, you will get more replies to your threads.
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 February 2008, 05:40 PM. Reason: portion deleted from original post
            : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
            : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

I agree that was bad
              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Not just bad. Awful.

It would have been better to have one less episode this season than that waste of 42 minutes.

Whichever 'genius' came up with the Keller character needs to get sacked.

As though we need yet ANOTHER wussy, crybaby character for god sake.

Comment

That was godawful, only the second time I've wanted to switch off before the end (the first was SG1: Resurrection).
                  So, were "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible" really better than "Trio". That's just seems quite bizarre to me.

I know it's unlikely that I'll get people agreeing with me [mod snip] but how anyone could have liked that episode is beyond me. Then again on here it seems like a particularly funny line by a character can make up for poor writing, acting, storytelling etc...
                  I liked it because it was a decent character driven episode with some good banter between the three.

Keller? Annoying, crybaby wimp [mod snip] and is a pathetic waste of a character?
                  Annoying? That's opinion. Not going to argue with you. Crybaby wimp? She looked pretty calm to me. She was no where near as weak as she was in "missing" [mod snip] Sorry, but no. She's not sleeping around with anyone that we know about. She was just as helpful in providing ideas on how to get out as anyone else. And she was the one who found the way out in the end.

Rodney devolving into his pre-season 3 form of being an annoying, crybaby?
                  Rodney always does this. Same thing happened in "Quarantine". He was out of his element. The problem at hand was a physical problem. That's not his strength. If there isn't crazy science involved and he has no control over the situation, he freaks out. Furthermore, at the end of the episode, he came through with a rare feat of physical strength. Dare I call that character development?

Carter? Suddenly turned dumb, with no balls to take command over Rodney?
                  You can't tell people like Rodney that they're wrong when they are. It's far better for someone like Sam to let Rodney fail so he can learn a little humility.

Apparently that was their most expensive set this season. What a waste.
                  It was the best looking and most interactive set of the season for sure.

Just so boooooooooooorrrriiinnnngggg....
                  Apparently, action is all that works for you. Some of us actually like some character development.
                  Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 February 2008, 05:42 PM.
                  I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                    So, were "Irresistible" and "Irresponsible" really better than "Trio". That's just seems quite bizarre to me.
                    Ok fine, those were worse. MGM should have fired TPTB after those.

I liked it because it was a decent character driven episode with some good banter between the three.
                    Decent character driven episode? Seeing McKay get all hot and bothered about Keller removing her shirt? Tying knots? People falling from high places? Good banter? George Clooney or Brad Pitt? More childish immature sexual jokes from TPTB? Please.

Annoying? That's opinion. Not going to argue with you. Crybaby wimp? She looked pretty calm to me. She was no where near as weak as she was in "missing" [mod snip] Sorry, but no. She's not sleeping around with anyone that we know about. She was just as helpful in providing ideas on how to get out as anyone else. And she was the one who found the way out in the end.
                    Whichever genius came up with the Keller character doesn't know what he's doing. Every episode its all about the wimpy crybaby. [mod snip] Nice work TPTB, nice way to replace one crybaby (Carson) with another.

Rodney always does this. Same thing happened in "Quarantine". He was out of his element. The problem at hand was a physical problem. That's not his strength. If there isn't crazy science involved and he has no control over the situation, he freaks out. Furthermore, at the end of the episode, he came through with a rare feat of physical strength. Dare I call that character development?
                    Exactly. McKay was freaking annoying the first two and a half seasons. Always doomsaying, complaining, arguing, being obnoxious, childish and whiney... and not in a good character way, in an annoying 'I want to punch him' way. Since then, he's been great. Much calmer, much cooler and a lot more likeable. He's devolved into old annoying McKay in Qurantine and Trio.

You can't tell people like Rodney that they're wrong when they are. It's far better for someone like Sam to let Rodney fail so he can learn a little humility.
                    Another example of <snip> making excuses for the writers. Sam clearly is a wasted presence on Atlantis judging by the crap planning from TPTB, seeing as she's only in it for a year, and has hardly had many meaningful roles in season 4 episodes anyway.

It was the best looking and most interactive set of the season for sure.
                    Best looking? A small room with boxes, dust and a couple of doors? Interactive? A set on stilts? What a waste.

Apparently, action is all that works for you. Some of us actually like some character development.
                    I like character development too. Just not when it's in the form of an utter garbage episode like Trio.

Taken from Trekbbs, BRILLIANT post by 'biotech':

You know, its bad enough when they recycle old episodes, but when they start recycling episodes from about three weeks ago, you know you are in trouble.

You can imagine the writers room.

What shall we have this week, full ensemble cast?
                    No, stick two of them together again in one room.
                    Thats old hat, we need to shake it up a bit.
                    Three people!
                    Thats brilliant!
                    So we have three people stuck in a room and they cant get out.
                    Didnt we do this already?
                    Quite a few times, but whos counting?
                    You know what else this episode needs?
                    Anoying kids?
                    Bingo, I mean that princess from the other week was such a hit with the fans.
                    Hey, we cant know that, we write these things so far in advance.
                    What, we write these things, I just throught we cut pages from old scripts and paste them together into a new script.
                    Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 February 2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Whichever genius came up with the Keller character doesn't know what he's doing. Every episode its all about the wimpy crybaby. [mod snip] Nice work TPTB, nice way to replace one crybaby (Carson) with another.
                      Playful? Yes. Flirty? Yes. "Woman of loose morals"? No. I made fun of the character and her actions in this episode because it wouldn't be hard to pull some humor from them, but a slut she is not.

If she starts dropping to her knees at the first sight of a man, then you can call her a "woman of loose morals", but nothing she's done so far is in any way indicative of a "woman of loose morals".
                      Last edited by Jeffala; 12 February 2008, 06:12 PM. Reason: Replace "[mod snip]" with something more family friendly that actually makes sense. :p

Comment

Why has nobody else drawn the parallels between Trio and Solitudes? Reduced cast, enclosed spaces, sniffling and whining female... it's all the same!

So that means that Carter is a [mod snip], O'Neill is a useless jerk who can't control his team, and both episodes are pure garbage.

Or both episodes are enjoyable for different reasons. I happen to like both Trio and Solitudes. We all have different opinions, and I don't think I'm going to change mine just because someone posts the same post over and over again
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 February 2008, 05:45 PM.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala
                          LMAO Me too.

Now that you've brought up "Kirk", why is it okay for Sheppard to flirt with every female in Pegasus but it's not okay for Keller to have a beer with Rodney after her relationship with Ronon fizzled out or maybe even failed to take off [#]?
                          I have no problem with either one, to tell you the truth. And Shep can flirt with me anytime!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala
                            LMAO Me too.

Now that you've brought up "Kirk", why is it okay for Sheppard to flirt with every female in Pegasus but it's not okay for Keller to have a beer with Rodney after her relationship with Ronon fizzled out or maybe even failed to take off [#]?
                            Double Standard I guess, and as a Male I would call him a [mod snip] before Keller a [mod snip]

Also that was great deleted conversation Thanks
                            Last edited by TameFarrar; 12 February 2008, 05:46 PM.
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

I didn't know challenging some to defend their opinion was actually against the rules here. What bunk.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X