PDA

View Full Version : City Ship In AoT

stargate_tech
February 11th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Does anyone have any fan made pics of the city ship that launches from the Ori mountain in the Ori Galaxy, or second best, some pics of it leaving the mountain, both at best :D
Thanks everyone!

jenks
February 12th, 2008, 01:50 AM
The version that was leaked was pretty bad quality and the CGI was unfinished, so I doubt you'll get any decent pics.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 12th, 2008, 02:07 AM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=7468644&postcount=26

Thats whats I could find here. I hope some concept art pops out and shos the full design itself... as well as perhaps a size chart on it as I don't think its Cityship size but I could be wrong about that.

maylet
February 12th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Thats whats I could find here. I hope some concept art pops out and shos the full design itself... as well as perhaps a size chart on it as I don't think its Cityship size but I could be wrong about that.

That's really cool

Ltcolshepjumper
February 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM

That concept art is only for the stargate, not the village-sized ship.

AscendedThor
February 13th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I didn't even realize those guys were Ancients until I saw the city ship

g.o.d
February 13th, 2008, 03:54 AM
I didn't even realize those guys were Ancients until I saw the city ship

It was quite clear whe they started to babble about free will:)

AscendedThor
February 13th, 2008, 05:22 AM
It was quite clear whe they started to babble about free will:)

At first I thought they were just members of the resistence movement against the Ori religioun. Because the way they were dressed and the room they were in looked just like of the primitive people of that planet.

Also, if the Ancients were unwilling to use this device why the hell did they build it in the first place? And why the hell does it have to look like an ark?

g.o.d
February 13th, 2008, 05:37 AM
At first I thought they were just members of the resistence movement against the Ori religioun. Because the way they were dressed and the room they were in looked just like of the primitive people of that planet.

they were only a minority.

Also, if the Ancients were unwilling to use this device why the hell did they build it in the first place? And why the hell does it have to look like an ark?

Only one scientist built the ark because he believed it could have helped against the Ori (who were a majority). But the Alterans as a colective were against it. They talked about the free will, etc.

the fifth man
February 17th, 2008, 06:18 PM
What a mistake they made by not using the ark in the first place.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 18th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Well who knows of the circumstances at that time. I mean Merlin did say that they did have the best of intentions at first so maybe they werent too bad then and became corrupted after they ascended. So at that moment, it might have been as bad as brainwashing.

Dev Corvin
February 18th, 2008, 03:21 AM
I daresay we may see more of this ship (or at least one with tech from the same era) in Stargate Universe, considering how the ship featuring in it was most likely dispatched around the same time.

Hell, it may even be the same ship.

umopapisdn
February 18th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I would so love that to be true, but I doubt it's the same one, possibly one of similar design though.

jhkplaya888
February 18th, 2008, 10:24 AM
it didn't really look like an Atlantis type ship it looked different

user998413167984131
February 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
The ancients didnt build atlantis untill they arrived at earth.

They left the ori home galaxy on that odd looking ship, and set off for earth leaving the others of their kind in the ori galaxy as it is known now

kymeric
February 19th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Very different looking city ship compared to atlantis. Atlantis is bottom heavy this things top heavy. Atlantis has swoopy arches and pointies while this this looks blocky like MW tech. Pretty cool. Thats their first city ship, atlantis is their last. I hope we get to see some close ups of it eventually... ^.^

Ltcolshepjumper
February 19th, 2008, 03:26 PM
it didn't really look like an Atlantis type ship it looked different

It looked about the size of a village (maybe twice as big). It definitely wasn't Atlantis sized. The alterans seemed to be a small group.

Mitchell82
February 19th, 2008, 08:06 PM
It looked about the size of a village (maybe twice as big). It definitely wasn't Atlantis sized. The alterans seemed to be a small group.

Agreed. I can't wait to see how it looks in the finished version.

kymeric
February 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM

But how were there soo many of them in the MW!!! PLOTHOLE!!! <he said sardonically>

any_gopher
February 20th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Clearly, the Alterans who were speaking to each other at the beginning of the film were not all there was. It was a smaller groups of leaders, one would assume.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 22nd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Clearly, the Alterans who were speaking to each other at the beginning of the film were not all there was. It was a smaller groups of leaders, one would assume.

yh and the village was part of there seletment

HyperspaceDaemon
February 22nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
But how were there soo many of them in the MW!!! PLOTHOLE!!! <he said sardonically>

Since that scene happened a *lot* of time ago, it is possible that the Alteran population has increased naturally in time. It's illogical to assume that they were unable to reproduce ...

However, I had the impression that one of the escaping Alterans was Merlin - which makes me wonder what was the usual life expectancy of the Alteran race...

g.o.d
February 23rd, 2008, 05:28 AM
Since that scene happened a *lot* of time ago, it is possible that the Alteran population has increased naturally in time. It's illogical to assume that they were unable to reproduce ...

However, I had the impression that one of the escaping Alterans was Merlin - which makes me wonder what was the usual life expectancy of the Alteran race...

no, it wasn't Merlin. Just another Alteran gas-bag

Mitchell82
February 23rd, 2008, 10:24 AM

From what I gathered they were just a small group of scientists.

bcharley
February 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM

Not really. At verious levels of technology, human populations will expand relatively quickely to the point that the natural resources will support them.

Using history as an example, about 60,000-70,000 years ago it's believed there were only about 10,000 humans. Two hundred years ago there were under 1 billion. A hundred years ago it rose to about 2 billion and now we're approaching 7 billion. By 2050 it's projected to reach 9 billion.

Since the Alterans had at least 45 million years in the Milkey Way before they left in Atlantis for the Pegasus Galaxy, I'd say they had more then enough time to populate the galaxy.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM

Uh, Merlin was a Lantean, not an Alteran.

bcharley
February 28th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Uh, Merlin was a Lantean, not an Alteran.

Yep, in The Quest Part 2, he says that he first lived in Atlantis, then fled to Earth, where he ascended. He later took human form and hung with King Aurther and the knights of the round table.

AncientLantian
March 12th, 2008, 03:39 AM
From what I gathered they were just a small group of scientists.

Anybody notice that one of those gasbag scientist was the one who invented stargates. I looked around and couldn't find any posts about it so I am sorry if there is and I missed it