This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    I wonder...maybe this episode is where "myriad permutations are viewed from space" as per the spoiler poem...
    That's what came to mind for me, yes. Sounds intriguing!
    sigpic

Comment

I'm think it might be the Deadalus from a alternate reality where 304s were never designed.

So we have the alternate Deadalus being a 303, lets just hope no one has beards!
      A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
        I'm think it might be the Deadalus from a alternate reality where 304s were never designed.

So we have the alternate Deadalus being a 303, lets just hope no one has beards!
        What?! How dare you? That is blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
          What?! How dare you? That is blasphemy!
          Nothing wrong with beards... apart from when their on people from alternate realities, hate that whole cliché
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
            Nothing wrong with beards... apart from when their on people from alternate realities, hate that whole cliché
            But that's just it! You can't have alternate realities without the beards! THAT's the blasphemy!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
              Weir is CONFIRMED NOT to be in Season 5. But if they do continue the arc it must be without weir or a possibility that weir might have changed her form.
              they will continue the arc from JM's blog
              Shawna writes: “So, let me get this straight…there isn’t going to be any conclusion to wrap up that random and tantalizing teaser/cliffhanger scene because Torri decided not to do it?”

Answer: That is incorrect. The script will be revised, adjustments made, and that particular story will be told in season 5. We won’t leave you hanging.
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                they will continue the arc from JM's blog
                Yup. Who knows what direction they will take this.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  I think TBTB should know they better
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    As long as it is done to the usual standard or better I'll be happy with whatever direction TPTB take it

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    I think TBTB should know they better
                    Yup otherwise... well I'm not 100% sure what that would mean

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      I think the replicator story may be the line in the poem about replacements giving us trouble.

But yeah, the Myriad Theory[tm] makes sense. Daedalus is usually in space, and Variations = Permutations, sort of. Yeah? Yeah?
                      I don't even think that they had a name for the ep back then.
                      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
                        I hope it's about a mutating ship, with one of the mutations a Transformer-like 304.
                        Like in Spaceballs? I can see the Daedalus now turning into a giant maid to suck the air out of a planet...

Comment

A final of Alan McCullough’s Daedalus Variations came out today and we shifted focus to Alan’s second - extreme Shep-whumpage - script, co-storied by Robert C. Cooper. With the writers’ strike hopefully over, Carl will finally be delivering his masterpiece which we’ll be fast-tracking into the #5 slot.
                          Did I hear Shep whumpage?!
                          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                            Did I hear Shep whumpage?!
                            Yes. Sheppard has to wash Daedalus in space with water. Mega whump.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 13 February 2008, 10:15 AM.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I am All-American, Grade-A, 100% Heterosexual Male.

And I can't resist the prospect of Sheppwhumpitis.

And I'm okay with that.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

hmmm, "Daedalus variations".

Maybe Deady incounters an ancient (not lantian, just really old) wrecked ship and gets infected by a bio/tech virus that gets to the Asgard core. Then the virus begins to reassemble its wrecked ship into a "war" version of Deady.

Lets say the virus was part of a warship that still believes it is at war with some other race (lantians, wraith, other really old race that we haven't heard of) and is using the new information to continue its mission.

It would be neat to see the ship adapt and modify its structure to what it needs. Say it adapts the outer hull for enhanced hyperspace speeds and has a more sleek, streamlined look. Then once out of HS converts to a bulky but compact warship.

To tie in the Sheppard, maybe he finds a way on board the alien ship and finds the dead crew in stasis pods and is being fought off by the ships automated defenses.

Comment

Working...
                                X