PDA

View Full Version : Jumper At Midway

Sgc133
February 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but there is a Puddle Jumper at midway station. Is this going to play a part in "Midway" ?

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/401/adrift%5F0206.jpg

Killjoy_Zero
February 11th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Shiny but I highly doubt it. Its probably just there in case they have to fix something or some other crap.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but there is a Puddle Jumper at midway station. Is this going to play a part in "Midway" ?

Uh you do realize that was from Adrift right?

Thain
February 11th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Yes, it plays a big part. Shep, McKay, Lee and Kavanaugh escape in the puddlejumper when the Midway station self-destructs.

P-90_177
February 11th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Yes, it plays a big part. Shep, McKay, Lee and Kavanaugh escape in the puddlejumper when the Midway station self-destructs.

Thanks for the spoilers dude. :mckay:

Thain
February 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
This is the Midway folder. I thought we didn't need spoiler tags. Sorry!

P-90_177
February 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
This is the Midway folder. I thought we didn't need spoiler tags. Sorry!

*looks at folder.*

Ah.............sorry. Didn't look what folder this was before I went in the thread. disregard. my own fault. :p

Enzo Aquarius
February 11th, 2008, 05:35 PM
The puddle jumper was, indeed, there since Adrift, sitting underneath it (and apparently empty). Unfortunately, with that jumper comes, what appears to be, a size problem. I think the jumper was made too large in comparison to Midway judging by Midway's interior size and frame size from "The Return".

wheresmyfroggy
February 11th, 2008, 09:05 PM
The puddle jumper was, indeed, there since Adrift, sitting underneath it (and apparently empty). Unfortunately, with that jumper comes, what appears to be, a size problem. I think the jumper was made too large in comparison to Midway judging by Midway's interior size and frame size from "The Return".

Size doesn't matter! There's no problem!

[seriously giggled when I read your post, had to go back and make sure I read it right. teehee]

ColCaldwell
February 11th, 2008, 09:40 PM
The station blows up?

wheresmyfroggy
February 11th, 2008, 09:43 PM
The station blows up?

Oui

ColCaldwell
February 11th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Oui

OMG, what is it with TPTB with a fetish of blowing everything up?

Tupopoflungo
February 11th, 2008, 10:11 PM
:tealc:: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.

Martin: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.

kymeric
February 13th, 2008, 07:23 AM
They can always build another one if we miss it too much. Realistically all they need in that location is 2 stargates: 1PG gate and one MW gate.

DarkSullivan
February 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
:tealc:: I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode.

Martin: Look, you guys may all know how things really work out there in the galaxy, but I know the film business. Explosions make great trailers. Simple fact. More explosions, better trailer. Better trailer, more viewers.ROFL, i was just thinking about that too. But i like the midway station. :(

freyr's mother
February 15th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Why did it take the Daedalus so long to get to them. Were they not retrofitted with the new asgard hyperdrive given to the odyssey? Also, what the hell did everyone on board the jumper do bathroom wise? Hold it in for two weeks? Their bladders would've exploded?

The_Carpenter
February 15th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Why did it take the Daedalus so long to get to them. Were they not retrofitted with the new asgard hyperdrive given to the odyssey? Also, what the hell did everyone on board the jumper do bathroom wise? Hold it in for two weeks? Their bladders would've exploded?

Perhaps the 304s are not structurally strong enough to withstand such high hyperspace speeds. Additionally was it not said in the Misbegotten that using an Asgard ship would only cut a few days off the travel time using a 304.

As for disposing of the waste... some questions are better left unanswered!

mikeroq
February 15th, 2008, 07:27 PM
We didn't get a new hyperdrive, we had a better power source. Better power source > earth power source == faster hyperdrive.

Thats why ZPM 304 takes a few days while normal 304 takes a couple weeks.

Shan Bruce Lee
February 15th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Perhaps the 304s are not structurally strong enough to withstand such high hyperspace speeds. Additionally was it not said in the Misbegotten that using an Asgard ship would only cut a few days off the travel time using a 304.

As for disposing of the waste... some questions are better left unanswered!

or unasked...

Tupopoflungo
February 15th, 2008, 08:27 PM

or unasked...

Quite...

Major_Griff
February 15th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I think the new power source might cut a few days or even a week off travel time, but we are still light years away from achieving Beliskner like speeds of traveling between galaxies in minutes.

RepliVeggie
February 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
The Asgard didn't hold back in the hyperdrive department I don't think so there was no upgrade to be had.

Tupopoflungo
February 15th, 2008, 10:47 PM
I may be imagining it, but:

I thought it had been mentioned on the show that the expanse between MW and Ida was very small in comparison to the expanse between MW and Pegasus...

meaning that even with Biliskner speeds, it would still take a while...

gkyun
February 17th, 2008, 09:52 PM
One thing keeps bugging me though - since when do jumpers have upper access hatches? I don't recall ever seeing them used or even visible in any of the eps...

Fenrir Foxz
February 17th, 2008, 09:54 PM
One thing keeps bugging me though - since when do jumpers have upper access hatches? I don't recall ever seeing them used or even visible in any of the eps...

That one may have had it installed for it's job of being a sort of escape pod...

PG15
February 17th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, Dr. Lee was explaining how they cut a hatch on the roof of the PJ, but Rodney cut him off.

Obviously the hatch could've been sealed upon take-off (or, that's where their waste is dumped out :D).