PDA

View Full Version : Damaged parts of Atlantis

Dr.Jonsson
February 11th, 2008, 08:15 AM
:sheppard:In episode "Adrift", there was a building in Atlantis, that had been hit by an astroid, and there was a hundred foot gap inbetween a hallway. Was this building repared?

Never mind, sorry for asking again, I didn´t see the answers for this qeustion untill later.

Pharaoh Atem
February 11th, 2008, 08:17 AM
:sheppard:In episode "Adrift", there was a building in Atlantis, that had been hit by an astroid, and there was a hundred foot gap inbetween a hallway. Was this building repared?

most likely done off screen

TOIVA
February 11th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I think we haven't got ressources for rebuilding such a mess. But I doubt they will keep that in mind. Maybe, they will once say it was repaired, but they won't explain.;)

umopapisdn
February 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
For a random plot idea they could find an ancient repair ship, that would also allow them to repair it without causeing a plothole.

TOIVA
February 13th, 2008, 09:11 AM
That would not be bad. I'd like them to find an ancient repair ship, because a ship is still a ship, and having one more ship is always an advantage. :):cameron:However, there was never any mention of such a ship...

DigiFluid
February 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Knowing Atlantis, said ship would be around for a whole of one episode (two at most) before they blew it up.

I suspect the damages will simply be forgotten about, but it would be nice if they found a way to revisit the damaged places some time down the line.

josh
February 13th, 2008, 04:22 PM
it was the main spire that was hit was it not????

jds1982
February 13th, 2008, 06:41 PM

It was not, it was some random building.

Vala_M
February 13th, 2008, 08:20 PM

No, but it was a smaller version of the main tower. There are 3 of them and seems that there wasn't much of anything in that section anyway.

Vala,

TOIVA
February 14th, 2008, 08:10 AM
No, but it was a smaller version of the main tower. There are 3 of them and seems that there wasn't much of anything in that section anyway.

Vala,

Are you sure it was one of the three "big" towers? It seemed to me as one of the "useless" skyscrapers round the main spire.
Still there was something important in that section, some of the controls of sublight engines or something Zelenka wanted to cut off in Lifeline.:zelenka:

JoeHundredaire
February 14th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Which is relatively useless in the context of day to day life, since they're sitting on the surface of a planet and don't use the stardrive, no?

TOIVA
February 14th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Which is relatively useless in the context of day to day life, since they're sitting on the surface of a planet and don't use the stardrive, no?
Completely. But still, one day, they'll want to fly again...In every case, I prefer to see the damage repaired, if there's any. ;)