This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Shows You're Getting on DVD

Whut TV shows do you plan on get'n on DVD? There was a bunch I wanted to get, but I decided the only way I could truely enjoy them was if I only got my asbolute favorites to allow for repeat viewing without taking up too much of me free time. Here's whut I came down to choosing:

Star Trek
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    Star Trek: Voyager
    Star Trek: Enterprise
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate: Atlantis

There's two other shows I'd like to get, Roswell and Smallville, but here's whut I figured. 28 seasons of Star Trek plus 9 seasons of Stargate... do I really need to get other sci-fi shows on DVD? Nope, I could, but that would mean see'n my Trek & Gate shows less in terms of rewatching episodes.

Anywho, whut shows do you plan to get?

Well I've got all of the Stargate boxsets and I will be getting season 7 when it comes out on Tuesday. I want the second half of season 6 of Sex and the City whenever the heck that comes out and I want to finish up my Angel collection. I've got both seasons of Dark Angel and I've started on the X-Files DVD's but I'm only up to season 3 so far and I'm not sure if I'll buy seasons 8 & 9. I have Alias seasons 1 & 2 and again I'm not sure if I'll buy season 3 when it comes out because it was kind of disapointing.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I have S6 of Stargate, and S1 of Da Vinci's Inquest and Second Sight and I just got S1 of Traders and Cold Squad. I'm about three eps into Traders. Interesting series so far. David Hewlett's character looks to be a lot of fun and Patrick McKenna is not only serious, he's a complete jerk! Very interesting change from his roles on Stargate and Red Green Show.

Oh, I'll probably get S1 of Atlantis when it comes out.

Comment

I have Stargate SG-1 Seasons 1-6 on DVD and Season 7 on preorder (Tuesday! Yay!)

Also have Dead Like Me season 1 and season 1 of Queer as Folk on DVD (season 2 of QAF on VHS). Also, South Park season 1 on DVD.

Tru Calling season 1 is on preorder, and I'd love to get Wonderfalls on DVD.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Am I the only one who has Lost in Space?
          Rocky

Comment

Have:

La Femme Nikita: Season One

Babylon 5: Season 3

The Sopranos: Season 3

Stargate SG-1: Seasons 1-5

The Shield: Season One

Band of Brothers

Going to get next: La Femme Nikita Season 2 (when it comes out, it's been delayed unfortunately) & Babylon 5: Season 4

Going to complete my collection of Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1 and La Femme Nikita when the shows become available, as do the funds. Farscape is also on my agenda....the entire series.

The Sopranos and The Shield I will complete as well, but I'm not in a very big hurry to do so as of yet.....

Eventually Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me

Comment

I just recently hooked up a dvd player, but I was picking up dvds when there was a good price in anticipation of getting a player.

Already have
              Buffy season 3 (it was a very good sale price)
              Campion season 1 (Peter Davison, mmm!)
              The Dead Zone season 1
              Stargate season 6 (for the McKay episodes)
              Traders season 1 (for David Hewlett)
              Preview version of All Creatures Great and Small (again, Peter, Davison, mmm!)

Will be getting the rest of
              The Dead Zone
              Stargate, season 5 first (that McKay episode)
              Traders
              Stargate Atlantis

If it ever comes out on dvd, I'd like Jake 2.0

If I ever come into some money, Star Trek, all versions, Hercules (Kevin Sorbo!) and Doctor Who (Peter Davison's episodes).

What I wish I could do is buy custom sets of just my favorite episodes for a show. For example, I never want to see again TNG's Shades of Gray.

And yeah, ShadowMaat, David Hewlett and Patrick McKenna are great in Traders.

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Stargate seasons 1-6 and 7 when it comes out.
                sigpic

Comment

I've got half of season one
                  The season 2 box set
                  Half of season 4
                  One volume of Season 7

I've also got series 1 Red Dwarf
                  Series 2 Red Dwarf

I'd love to buy Star Trek Voyager on DVD, but the box sets are WAY too dear, and I'm a penniless student.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

i have all of b5, and will get crusade when it comes out.
                    all of stargate

i've thought about MASH,but haven't felt like shelling out the money yet

i'd get the trek's but they're just too expensive. 100+ per season just isn't worth it for me
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah. My boss gave me S1 of Taxi. I'll probably end up with S1 of Cheers, too, if I'm not careful.

Comment

So far, here's the season sets I have from the shows I'd like to get on DVD...

Star Trek - Volumes 1, 2, & 21 (To be replaced with Season 1)
                        Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 1
                        Star Trek: Voyager - Season 2
                        Stargate SG-1 - Seasons 1-3 & 6
                        Roswell - Season 1 (not sure if I'll continue with this series)

I also plan on collecting DS9, getting ENT when it comes out, as well as SG:A. As for me next season set, that'll be SG-1 Season 7 later this week.

Comment

I have lots I want! Sadly I dont have the money.

So far I have
                          Stargate SG1 Seasons 1-5(wont be continueing)
                          Farscape Seasons 1-3(will continue)

I just ordered Angel Season 1.

I would like
                          ST: TNG
                          STS9
                          ST: Voy
                          Buffy
                          and others.
                          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

For the TV series portion of my DVDs see http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...ries&id=ibwolf

Boiled down I've already got:
                            Angel (Season 1-3, 4 in the mail, will buy S5 eventually)
                            Babylon 5 (complete including movies set)
                            Battlestar Galactica (original, complete series)
                            Blackadder (all four series)
                            Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Season 1-4, will add the rest eventually)
                            Cheers (Season 1. Will not buy more. God knows how this made it in )
                            Dilbert (Complete series)
                            Family Guy (Complete series - for now anyway Will buy any additional episodes they make)
                            Farscape (Complete series , will buy the mini as well )
                            Firefly (Complete series)
                            Futurama (Complete series)
                            Highlander (Season 1. Still undecided if I'll add more)
                            Jeremiah (Season 1, will probably buy season 2 when it comes out)
                            MASH (Season 1-5. Will not buy more - I think)
                            Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles (Vol 1-4. May buy more if I find it cheap)
                            The Simpsons (Season 1-4. Will buy them as they are released)
                            Sledge Hammer! (Season 1, can't wait for season 2 to be released)
                            Son of the Beach (Season 1, won't buy more)
                            Star Trek: TOS (Season 1, will buy the rest as they are released)
                            Star Trek: TNG (Complete series)
                            Star Trek: DS9 (Complete series)
                            And of course Stargate SG-1 (Season 1-7, will buy 8 when released)

Series I'm considering:
                            'Allo 'Allo (maybe)
                            Alias (iffy, but you never know)
                            Crusade (as soon as it's released)
                            MacGuyver (depends on the price)
                            Monty Python's Flying Circus (I keep hoping for a better release)
                            Sliders (just a matter of time)
                            Stargate: Atlantis (very likely)
                            Quantum Leap (too pricey at the moment)
                            X-Files (currently being rereleased in R2 at a much better price)
                            Yes, Minister (maybe)
                            Last edited by ibwolf; 17 October 2004, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              Am I the only one who has Lost in Space?
                              My dad bought it, so no, you're not the only one
                              sigpic
                              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Working...
                              X