This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prometheus

Do you think it was a good idea to add the Prometheus to the show? At first I didn't think it was a good idea, because I thought they might stumble onto Star Trek's turf, but they've used the ship in awesome ways and it fits into the mythology of the show nicely.

i like the promie because it frees them up. and it hasn't been over used either.

to me, getting a ship of thier own seems to be a logical progression. too many times in the past, they've been limited and needed to 'borrow dad's car' so to speak.

now they don't need to do that
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Momento worried me a little because it seemed like it would be used like the Enterprise, but the writers have used it well.

Comment

The "Prometheus" was a logical addition to the series. Ever since season one's "Within the Serpent's Grasp," it's been clear that Earth has needed their own space fleet to defend itself against a Goa'uld space attack.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The Promethus fits in great. I too didn't originally think it would be the greatest idea. They've limited its appearance and since the Lost City I think it deserves a great rest! lol
          __

__

Comment

I love the fact that we have prometheus. we definately needed to have a ship of our own so we could defend against ship based attacks. Within a year or two more we better have a second or third ship too.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
              The "Prometheus" was a logical addition to the series. Ever since season one's "Within the Serpent's Grasp," it's been clear that Earth has needed their own space fleet to defend itself against a Goa'uld space attack.

Morjana
              Agree totally! It makes excellent sense to defend Earth in all possible ways,and building and maintaining a space fleet can only be a wise decision.

The Prometheus should be only the first of many ships,IMO,as what happens if the Stargate becomes unusable on a permanent basis or is otherwise compromised?
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm just curious as to how the prometheus was launched without being detected by reporters.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                  I'm just curious as to how the prometheus was launched without being detected by reporters.
                  The Prometheus is small, space is big. The thing also moves pretty damn fast, so you'd have to be pointing a powerful telescope in exactly the right direction at exactly the right time to have a snowball's chance in hell of spotting her.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Ah, so it was built in space?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                      Ah, so it was built in space?
                      No; it was built underground. But it was in the middle of nowhere, and took about eleven seconds to reach orbit. It also doesn't need a conventional launch platform, which does a lot to stop people looking for orbital launches.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I think they should have gone with O'Neill's idea and named the X-303 'Enterprise.'
                        Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

I like the ship, but I don't think Prometheus was the best name for it. I mean, Prometheus was a titan who gave man fire, whereas the 303 is more like the fire itself. And I have an idea that it was Prometheus who had the box Pandora opened - you really want to be linked with something like that? If you ask me, that's asking for trouble.
                          sum ergo cogitum
                          I am therefore I think.

Comment

The US Military owns lots of land in the desert in the western US. From the famous Groom Lake (aka Area 51 in some parts) area, to the unknown others. Many things have been, and are being, produced there without us knowing too much about them.

I think the Prometheus was a very nice addition to the show. Like people have said, its logical progression in the series.
                            Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Originally posted by -Major Woody
                              I think they should have gone with O'Neill's idea and named the X-303 'Enterprise.'
                              I agree. That would have been ultra cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X