This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Weir be recast?

Do you think they'll get Jessica Steen to play Weir again like in "Lost City" <snip>
    Last edited by Skydiver; 10 February 2008, 08:41 AM.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

As stupid as I found that paticular move, if it was one by TPTB...I can't deny that the thought did cross my mind. I think that's just because in Soaps (which I admit to loving to watch), they could change the character's actress 8 times and then go back to the original actress later on.

But then again, I've seen characters change race on Soaps. That's actually my favorite when they go from being one race to another.

In any event, it's unlikely to happen or they will face some serious backlash.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I wondered the same thing! I do actually think it's possible. I mean, she is, afterall, repli-weir. Who's to say she cant change her appearance if she wants to? :3

Five Stages Of Grief:
      1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
      RIP SG1 & SGA.
      .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

I think it's unlikely. The old blond Weir is not really suitable for the "evil" repli-Weir. A least, I can' imagine her in the dark leather jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
          Do you think they'll get Jessica Steen to play Weir again <snip>
          I doubt JS will be asked to do a Weir-redux,or that she or her agent would set her up to be burned twice ,if they feel it isn't going to be a really good career move for her.

NO diss from me on either of them,as I like both actresses and both Weirs in their respective versions ,and I support Torri's decision to leave.

I think it more likely ,if the PTB go ahead with further replicator eps ,that they'll have a repli mention Weir's final demise ,without showing any detail.
          ( Or they may never mention her at all.)

JMO.
          Last edited by Skydiver; 10 February 2008, 08:41 AM.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I do like Steen, especially her part in Earth2 (A shame that one got cancelled after one season), so yeah... I wouldn't mind seeing that. Nevertheless, Torri will always be Weir in my mind.
            sigpic
            "It's time to begin..."

Comment

I just wouldnt see it working really, in my mind steen and torri's weirs are very different characters. besides Torri will always be weir to me!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
              Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
              SG1 -

Comment

Don't see it happening myself, I can't say it didn't cross my mind though.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I don't see that happening because I can't imagine that TPTB would to ask Jessica Steen to reprise a role that they already bumped her from once and also because I can't imagine that Jessica would see taking this role again as a good career move.

From her website, here's some related info, http://www.jessicasteen.com/jsp_faq.html:

Spoiler:
                  Q: Jessica played the character of Dr. Elizabeth Weir in the season 7 finale' of Stargate SG-1. Why did they hire another actress to play that same character in the spinoff series Stargate: Atlantis?
                  A: We don't know why. When Jessica was hired for the 2 part Season 7 finale' (Lost City) she was told that her character might be in a possible Stargate spinoff series. Jessica was even paid not to take any other work until it was decided if they were going to do the spinoff. Stargate:Atlantis was eventually given the green light, but for whatever reason, "the powers that be" decided to go with another actress.

Based on the above info, I can't see either side wanting to revisit this potential can of worms.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana

Comment

do the tptb just hate anyone related to weir's character, hell weir for that matter. im really starting to get annoyed with how they have dealt with the character and the 2 people who played her!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                    Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                    SG1 -

Comment

This is sign of bad management.
                      Keeping Tori Higginson would have HELPED not hurt the show.
                      That the show runners couldn't see this makes me wonder exactly WHAT they are thinking.
                      I think that too many cast changes and no coherent storyline will bring this show (and the franchise) to a rapid end.
                      Season 5:Yes
                      Season 6:Maybe
                      Season 7: Probably not

Comment

I don't think the franchise is going anywhere. SGA's numbers would have to do one hell of a nosedive in order for Universe not to get greenlit. It's something tried and true, something standard-issue and it isn't Farscape, so Sci-Fi will definitely be reasonable enough to pick it up at least to sample even if SGA loses enough viewership to reduce its own lifespan.
                        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I may not have much faith in TPTB, but I'm pretty sure they aren't imbecilic enough to replace Weir's actress AGAIN, especially not with the original actress. That's beyond wishy-washy and into full-blown lobotomized desperation.

But hey, if TPTB weren't interested in keeping Weir full time they probably won't be interested in keeping her around at all now that Torri's walked away. And that can only be a good thing, IMO. It's a shame it had to be this way, but it's better than the alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            I may not have much faith in TPTB, but I'm pretty sure they aren't imbecilic enough to replace Weir's actress AGAIN, especially not with the original actress. That's beyond wishy-washy and into full-blown lobotomized desperation.

But hey, if TPTB weren't interested in keeping Weir full time they probably won't be interested in keeping her around at all now that Torri's walked away. And that can only be a good thing, IMO. It's a shame it had to be this way, but it's better than the alternatives.
                            Very true. I'd rep, but you've always had it disabled, so instead, I'll give you a text-based thumbs-up.
                            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Good Lord, let's hope not!

Comment

Working...
                              X