PDA

View Full Version : New race in Season 5

anima
February 9th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I read a article that said that a new race would be introduced in the 5th Season any info elsewhere about this race.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=48051

jenks
February 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I just hope it's not a cop out and it ends up being Michaels bugs or the surviving replicators.

anima
February 9th, 2008, 10:04 PM
It will probably be introduced in the last episode of the season as just a quick glimpse and be gone into further at the start of season 6. That would also be an interesting way to have the 100th episode.

pynapl
February 9th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I just hope it's not a cop out and it ends up being Michaels bugs or the surviving replicators.

I whole-heartedly agree!! But I'm trying not to get my hopes up...:mckay:

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 10:26 PM
FURLINGS!!!!!!
...sorry...

On the other hand, they might just mean 'races' in terms of Athosians, Genii, etc., not necessarily a new species.

I. Want. My. FURLINGS!

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 12:12 AM
I would like to see the "Fire and Water" aliens (Oannes) and the "Watergate" aliens. They lived under the sea, so maybe they can connect them to Atlantis. ;)

nx01a
February 10th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Different galaxy. ;) Your aliens have alot to do with H2O, eh? :P

Orlin2000
February 10th, 2008, 12:17 AM
i am sooooo looking forward to new bad guys.... i dont know why everyone dosnt like new enemies, i think its great when they introduce em... i mean new races in general are great... i mean all the people in teh pegasus galaxy seem to be at the same tech level and its either castles or, well more castles (which there is nothin wrong with) but i really like the futuristic alien worlds (or universities as they are otherwise called,) and i guess i just miss old sg1, goin out to look for new and better interesting tech, and new bad guys open the door to that... like a new enemy could bring about more of a goal orientated approach... instead of just survive and beat the wraith at some point... just my thoughts... in need of a better outlet :)

Professor Chaos
February 10th, 2008, 01:34 AM
My idea for a new enemy is a somewhat mirror version of SGA. A race of humans find Ancient tech decades ago (City ships, Aurora's, ZPM's, ect), but instead of using it to help people and fight against the Wraith, they just want to rule everything, much like the Goa'uld. I think they could make a very good enemy, they would just have to give them several Aurora's or even city ships to make up for our 304's. It would be a good way to possibly introduce new Ancient tech or learn things about it we didn't previously know.

Scratch that, I just thought of the coolest idea ever, but it deserves a post of it's own.

Professor Chaos
February 10th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Ok, so about half way through typing out my previous post, I got nostalgic for the Asgard. It's pretty similar to my original idea of an enemy, but still different.

So 30,000 years ago the Asgard used to be a humanoid species who reproduced sexually before they started cloning. What about having a smallish group of Asgard who could forsee the consequences of what they were doing leaving that galaxy all together. They could have found a new home and rebuilt their culture. They could be a new ally similar to the old Asgard, or they could be so different that they want to conquer us. It would be interesting to see who's tech was superior, how far they evolved, if they Ascended, ect.

Best villain ever, IMO.

Here's a pic of one of them.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1d/Asgard_ancestor.jpg

dark_side
February 10th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Am i also right in thinking that i have read somewhere that the new race will be included in the mid season 2 parter when Daniel arrives in Atlantis!

ziga1980
February 10th, 2008, 03:03 AM
a new race is cool. a new enemy is even better. it's kinda getting boring with the wraith and the replicators.

old asgard as an enemy would be cool. just with a lot of new tech. suppose they evaded the wraith similar to the nox evading the goa'uld. and now they have all sorts of surprises for us. and they are now like half ascended like mckay was when he used that machine or something.

or perhaps....remember micheal? and his little "pets"? suppose he continued his project elsewhere and managed to create much smarter species than he wanted to. with their help he starts a war with other wraith and eventually atlantis team. he could be the real enemy. the guy knows how to fight, he's not afraid to fight dirty and he hates atlantis team. what a perfect enemy.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 10th, 2008, 03:17 AM
Hmmm interesting. They mention that there will be a new enemy introduced next season so is this new race the new enemy? Or are they separate? i mean back in SG-1 before season 10 it was revealed that there would be a new enemy and lots of people were speculating about some new bad guy race but it turned out the enemy was a character rather then a faction/race etc.

Anyway, I can't wait to see them. When I heard of the Asuans I couldnt wait till the episode showed and when I heard of the Travelers I also couldnt wait for the episode so all I got to say is bring on the new races!

The_Carpenter
February 10th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Apparently the new race are being introduced in Daniels mid season two parter!

So hopefully it will be archaeology related :) he hasn't done much of that on screen recently :daniel:

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 10th, 2008, 03:45 AM

So hopefully it will be archaeology related :) he hasn't done much of that on screen recently :daniel:

And they won't be related to the Ori as said by JM on his blog so might be completely new. I wonder who it could be....

Icarium
February 10th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Well, I hope for some more advanced faction of the Wraith. I'm never bored with them ;)

Whatever the new enemy/race is going to be, I hope they won't be machines/androids etc.

Icarium

jenks
February 10th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that the bad guys in Stargate never seem to have allies? Maybe we'll be surprised and the Wraith have some.

SGFerrit
February 10th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I highly doubt they will be related to replicators again. Can't be Michael's bugs, as they aren't new. I think it will be something totally different.

Cree
February 10th, 2008, 05:04 AM
If this new race is going to be introduced in daniels episodes, i hope to god they wont be a new enemy he discovers because hello.. been there done that give danny a break!

however i do like the asgard idea!

Elite Anubis Guard
February 10th, 2008, 05:21 AM
I remember him saying it was related to something early on in the show. I can't remember who or what but I seem to recall Joe throwing out some hints.

Jeff O'Connor
February 10th, 2008, 05:26 AM
If this new race is going to be introduced in daniels episodes, i hope to god they wont be a new enemy he discovers because hello.. been there done that give danny a break!

Since the writers don't seem to believe anything Danny's involved with could possibly have stemmed from something outside of his discoveries and revelations, gotta level with ya, I'm pretty sure it'll be a Daniel Jackson discovery and revelation.

I love him to death, he's my second-favorite character in the franchise, but it's tedious. I really do hope it's more like, someone else stumbles upon something uber-intriguing and potentially devastating, and Danny's called upon to investigate, is all.

Vespasianus
February 10th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Since the writers don't seem to believe anything Danny's involved with could possibly have stemmed from something outside of his discoveries and revelations, gotta level with ya, I'm pretty sure it'll be a Daniel Jackson discovery and revelation.

I love him to death, he's my second-favorite character in the franchise, but it's tedious. I really do hope it's more like, someone else stumbles upon something uber-intriguing and potentially devastating, and Danny's called upon to investigate, is all.Well, in Mallozzi's poem, it's stated that:

Atlantis is the target of a mysterious race,

Call the doctor from Earth to help us take action,

The_Carpenter
February 10th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Well, in Mallozzi's poem, it's stated that:

True forgot about the poem.

Maybe this Doctor Alison Porter is going to make the discovery as Atlantis doesn't have a named archaeologist at present.

vaberella
February 10th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Has anyone ever noticed that the bad guys in Stargate never seem to have allies? Maybe we'll be surprised and the Wraith have some.

I have, but the enemies never seem to be enemies of each other until we reprogramed the Replis. From my perspective, the Atlantis Ex needs to be pwned once and for all. Or at least diminished to about 8 people, because really they're not that powerful to be taking out all these bad guys as easily as they have. None of the bad guys are scary enough for me. The team makes no friends and yet still manage to stay alive as long as they have, always surprises the heck out of me. McKay isn't THAT smart.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Gremlins should take over Atlantis. It's a mysterious new race, who can't eat after midnight. Those things almost took out a whole town, I can't wait for the kind of hijinx they'd bring to Atlantis. Ronon would be shooting a few of them out like pins for comedic relief. Not only that, they're scary as hell. I can see one of them totally macking on Woolsey like in Gremlins 2. Hey, was that Woolsey the young years?! I'll have to check up on that.

Colonel Eriksen
February 10th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I hope it the Furlings ( as I has hoped many times) then the new spin-off than begin

Or a new evil race

Jeff O'Connor
February 10th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Well, in Mallozzi's poem, it's stated that:

I forgot that, too. :daniel:

Shan Bruce Lee
February 10th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I just hope they're alien looking. More human races are always cool but some more alien species are even better.

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I hope they will introduce more alien race, not only one. :)

anima
February 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I hope that this new race can stand on par with the 304s in battle. Whether thats acheived through numbers or technology it would be nice to see the 304s have to us strategy over brute force to defeat an enemy.

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Or they should introduce such races, which will appear in the SG:W game. ;)

MechaThor
February 10th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I tend not to get very excited about the term "New Race" anymore, as I am always disappointed!

Remember the Travelers, with all the talk of them being a new Enemy "Race", They turned out just to be Humans living in junkyard ships. Thats not a new race! Its a new race of humans but not in terms of aliens (which is how I view the word "Race" in sci-fi)

I HOPE that this time, for once! The new "Race" is actually an alien! A true alien, with make-up and Cgi, the works! Not just another human or human form robots, as they are getting "BORING" as Urgo would say.

I mean we are in a diffrent galaxy, as so far we only have two aliens races, The Wraith and mist aliens! and hell even the wraith are part human, so that only leaves us with mist aliens, who we can't revist via stargate without killing them!

So what should it be? The Foothold aliens? Furlings (like a bad cult of them?), Pre-Cloned Asgard? Nox? Or something 100% new and very alien looking and very advanced? Lets hope so!

However I doubt my wish will come true again, as it will most likly turn out to be Weirs replicators (but without weir?) or a new genii, shame :(

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I would like to see such introduced race, which has own ships, costume, traditions, weapons, casts, society, religion or history etc. ;) I liked the Ori, because theirs Priors were so unique that even if they publish a picture about them in a scifi book after years, you will remember and say "they are from Stargate : SG-1!" So I hope the new race will be a major player in the series as the Ori, Asgard, Ancients, Goa'uld, Replicators or Wraith were. :D

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 10th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Not going to argue but technically we encoutered two alien races... mist aliens and the crystal aliens :p

MechaThor
February 10th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Not going to argue but technically we encoutered two alien races... mist aliens and the crystal aliens :p

But they are one-offs and not that cool. We can't even revist the mist aliens without killing them!

I was just thinking, It would be cool if we could get an enemy similar to the "Reapers" from Mass Effect, They could have been the origin to the wraith Hive ships and infact ally with the wraith (or so the wraith think!)
The Travelers could also known myths about them, They could live within the core of the galaxy.
They could also have also "sheilded" the wraiths advancement, from the ancients, acting like puppet masters for the PG, slowly using the wraith to shape the galaxy into their needs. Who created them? Some1 long b4 the ancients!

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 08:41 AM
There were the black smoke in Hide and Seek. Maybe were they relatives of Anubis? :P

anima
February 10th, 2008, 08:44 AM
But they are one-offs and not that cool. We can't even revist the mist aliens without killing them!

I was just thinking, It would be cool if we could get an enemy similar to the "Reapers" from Mass Effect, They could have been the origin to the wraith Hive ships and infact ally with the wraith (or so the wraith think!)
The Travelers could also known myths about them, They could live within the core of the galaxy.
They could also have also "sheilded" the wraiths advancement, from the ancients, acting like puppet masters for the PG, slowly using the wraith to shape the galaxy into their needs. Who created them? Some1 long b4 the ancients!

That would be great as I've always wondered how the Ancients could have missed so many hive ships or the fact that a race as powerful as themselves.

Heaven
February 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I want to see another phase shifting race like the Retu

blue-skyz
February 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
The Travelers could also known myths about them
This has nothing to do with what you said, it just made me think.

The Travelers could be the keepers of a history of the galaxy.

I keep wanting Atlantis to find some group that has been able to keep a history, basically a library (ignoring PTW). Or, better yet, a group advanced enough that they actually study the history of the various planets and track current happenings. Or, even better, a population of living Ancients that ascend after they have lived corporeally and had children.

I’m looking forward to Daniel coming. I like Daniel, but I am more interested in finally having an archeologist on SGA. There is so much about Pegasus to know. Even if the more advanced civilizations and all the Ancient cities, that must have existed, have been destroyed, there is still so much to know about them.

Authentic looking fallen civilizations would be expensive to film, but they would be a good excuse for team adventures through the gate. There should be all kinds of tech (and ZPMs) to find. That is if the Travelers don’t have it all by now. I bet McKay would be interested in their storerooms. :)

Shan Bruce Lee
February 10th, 2008, 11:05 AM
If there was another alien race that wasn't human in the Peagasus would the Wraith be able to feed off them?

wise one
February 10th, 2008, 12:02 PM
it would be an evil race that atlantis will most time win in battle

but i think it should be a very powerful race that sees fairly primitive humans who uses technology more advanced then their(atlantis expidition) current level of development so they target them

they are like some sort of order to purify worlds or galaxies from becoming powerful unless they develop and become advanced in their own right or evolution

February 10th, 2008, 12:09 PM
asgard would be a cool addiction to the plot, but i think they should bring Ford back with a bigger group of people rather than his like 10 last time

and ya i know ford isnt new but it would still be cool to see him back

Amalthea
February 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
As long as they LOOK like aliens, I'll be happy. I understand the presence of humans everywhere, but something other-worldly is more fun.

anima
February 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
It would be nice if this new race allied themselves with the wraith. This would put the Atlantis Expedition in the same boat as SG-1 against the Ori initially. Again having to have great strategy instead of relying on their new weapons.

vaberella
February 10th, 2008, 10:28 PM
I have, but the enemies never seem to be enemies of each other until we reprogramed the Replis. From my perspective, the Atlantis Ex needs to be pwned once and for all. Or at least diminished to about 8 people, because really they're not that powerful to be taking out all these bad guys as easily as they have. None of the bad guys are scary enough for me. The team makes no friends and yet still manage to stay alive as long as they have, always surprises the heck out of me. McKay isn't THAT smart.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Gremlins should take over Atlantis. It's a mysterious new race, who can't eat after midnight. Those things almost took out a whole town, I can't wait for the kind of hijinx they'd bring to Atlantis. Ronon would be shooting a few of them out like pins for comedic relief. Not only that, they're scary as hell. I can see one of them totally macking on Woolsey like in Gremlins 2. Hey, was that Woolsey the young years?! I'll have to check up on that.

Decided to quote myself.

So I finally checked up on that information on that guy in Gremlins 2 that looked like Robert Picardo the young years...

Meh, I was right. It throws you off a bit because he had a full head of hair back then (although it looked a bit ala "hair club for men"). But I will never forget a man raped (cause that's what I saw) by a Gremlin. I never knew if the Gremlin was female or if it was a male Gremlin in drag...to tell you the truth, I don't know which is worst if you were to be raped by a Gremlin.

http://www.moviesection.de/v3/img/datenbank/106777552221.jpg

I wonder of Richard Woolsey would get visions of a past life if Atlantis was taken over by Gremlins.

:lol:

MechaThor
February 11th, 2008, 04:12 AM
As long as they LOOK like aliens, I'll be happy. I understand the presence of humans everywhere, but something other-worldly is more fun.

It is so much more Fun! Remember the Serakerns? Or the guys from the Lucian Alliance? They where fun! And the Retu ands Foothold aliens! All great aliens, and Atlantis needs some. I mean the Wraith are cool, but have lost alot of their "alienness" after the whole retrovirus rubbish, and Mikes Bug men don't count as they where created in a lab and so are not "true" aliens!

I would love to see an Alien similar to the "Predator" who uses the wraith to capture "runners" for it to hunt, and in turn its species helps out the wraith in some form? maybe it helped them beat the ancients? or sheild their evolution from the ancients?

However I would like to see more of the Foothold aliens, as I imagine they could have a massive empire, and have some form of alliance with the wraith.

It would be funny if oppisite the 4 great races was another 4 great races of "evil" and they featured the Wraith, the foothold aliens, the ori (now dead) and some new enemy! They could also have been watching the Goa'uld to becoming the 5th race, but never got a chance to invite them.

Pharaoh Atem
February 11th, 2008, 07:54 AM
furlings furlings furlings :D

Gaeth
February 11th, 2008, 09:25 AM

I had an idea similar to this back when they told us we were going to get a 'new enemy' that turned out later to be an old enemy (the replicators)

That old post about it is here.
(http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5017211#post5017211)

I hope the new 'race' is a an entirely alien species. By alien I mean not bipedal and not anthromorphic (doesn't have 2 arms 2 legs) and doesn't have a face as we know it (2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, 1 mouth).

metabog
February 11th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Something complex and unbeatable like the Dominion from DS9.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Decided to quote myself.

So I finally checked up on that information on that guy in Gremlins 2 that looked like Robert Picardo the young years...

Meh, I was right. It throws you off a bit because he had a full head of hair back then (although it looked a bit ala "hair club for men"). But I will never forget a man raped (cause that's what I saw) by a Gremlin. I never knew if the Gremlin was female or if it was a male Gremlin in drag...to tell you the truth, I don't know which is worst if you were to be raped by a Gremlin.

I wonder of Richard Woolsey would get visions of a past life if Atlantis was taken over by Gremlins.

Wow I didn't remember he was in Gremlins 2.

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Something complex and unbeatable like the Dominion from DS9.

the Dominion wasn't unbeatable, we did win ;)

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Ok I figured it ou here is the new alien race.
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/movie/charliesangels/charlies_angels_1.jpg

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM
http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/movie/charliesangels/charlies_angels_1.jpg

YAY!!! :D:D:D

So when should we be expecting Charlie's Angels in S5? :P

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
YAY!!! :D:D:D

So when should we be expecting Charlie's Angels in S5? :P

In a mud wrestling scene with Teyla, Keller and Carter.:jack_new_anime18::jack_new_anime18::jack_new_anime18:

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:52 AM

In a mud wrestling scene with Teyla, Keller and Carter.:jack_new_anime18::jack_new_anime18::jack_new_anime18:

oh yeah! :P as long as Sam wins ;) :D

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 11:54 AM

Of course Jack and Felger must be there to witness it.;)

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM

OF COURSE! :D and as long as Felger's there, how about that girl in his lab? can't remember her name...

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM

Awsome! :D

:lol: As always ;)

LMAO! Then Felger gets kicked in the head by Lucy Lui :D

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Awsome! :D

:lol: As always ;)

LMAO! Then Felger gets kicked in the head by Lucy Lui :D

Now this will bring in the ratings!

InUtero
February 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Reetoo (sp) back in some shape or form. That's one story i wish they had carried on with on SG-1.

kymeric
February 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM

only once a month, ba dump bump

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Computer: Deactivate Emergency Medical Hologram. NOW!

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Computer: Deactivate Emergency Medical Hologram. NOW!

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I don't know which is scarier: the hair on the Gremlin or the hair on Picardo.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I don't know which is scarier: the hair on the Gremlin or the hair on Picardo.

Gremlin.

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Gremlin.

:indeed: That is just weird IMO :S

Ltcolshepjumper
February 11th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I had an idea similar to this back when they told us we were going to get a 'new enemy' that turned out later to be an old enemy (the replicators)

That old post about it is here.
(http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5017211#post5017211)

I hope the new 'race' is a an entirely alien species. By alien I mean not bipedal and not anthromorphic (doesn't have 2 arms 2 legs) and doesn't have a face as we know it (2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, 1 mouth).

I can deal with 2 arms, 2 legs, and a face. Maybe they should take a little inspiration from Star Wars. They had many bipedal races that didn't look human.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 07:14 PM
:indeed: That is just weird IMO :S

Very. Though that gremlin looks just like my mother in law.

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 07:17 PM

ROFLMAO!!! :D :lol: OMG! You wife hears that and you're a deadman for sure! :D

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 07:18 PM

you better be careful :lol:

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 07:21 PM
you better be careful :lol:

I'm not scared of her...:apophis-rings:

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm not scared of her...:apophis-rings:

Who, the wife or the mother-in-law :P

Jumper_One
February 11th, 2008, 07:23 PM

good question :lol:

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 07:23 PM

Neither I'm the man I king......:samanime27::vortex04:

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Neither I'm the man I king......:samanime27::vortex04:

Yeah, until they devise an evil plot to overthrow you :D

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah, until they devise an evil plot to overthrow you :D

Yeah this is why marriage sucks. You inherit a crabby witch that drives you and your wife crazy.;)

Fenrir Foxz
February 11th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah this is why marriage sucks. You inherit a crabby witch that drives you and your wife crazy.;)

LMAO! "Once you start down that dark path forever will it haunt your destiny...!" :P

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Zat her and put her in a VR world where you drive her insane. Tell the wife she's in Florida enjoying retirement.

Mitchell82
February 11th, 2008, 07:33 PM
LMAO! "Once you start down that dark path forever will it haunt your destiny...!" :P

LMAO!

zoislk
February 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM
How about this...

Humans:Ancients::_______:Furlings

That **** would be golden. "Descendants" of the members of the Great Alliance clash. Both with similar tech and resourcefulness. A match made for Stargate, taking it in a new direction.

Character
February 12th, 2008, 02:07 AM
Hmm, how about a advanced (ancient/asgard) race that instead of relying on their advanced tech, makes ingenius plans, so when something happens , you never know if you beat them or its part of their plan. Thats kinda why i liked Baal, he used his head rather than brute force

pie eater general
February 12th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Hmm, how about a advanced (ancient/asgard) race that instead of relying on their advanced tech, makes ingenius plans, so when something happens , you never know if you beat them or its part of their plan. Thats kinda why i liked Baal, he used his head rather than brute force

i like that idea... an enemy that threatens with brains rather than brawn, besting the expedition at their own game. alas, as cool as this would be, i fear we will be seeing either yet another dull bunch of peggy humans (genii junior) or another uber-powered (yet 'hauntingly' familiar) attack-attack-attack alien adversary.

god, when did i become so cynical?

incidentally... starship buttcrack? character, you MUST be a farscape fan!

Gaeth
February 12th, 2008, 03:54 AM
I can deal with 2 arms, 2 legs, and a face. Maybe they should take a little inspiration from Star Wars. They had many bipedal races that didn't look human.

Gotta disagree, those 'aliens' in Starwars wars looked way too human or at least too terrestrial. Imagine if a jellyfish was sentient and it saw Starwars or Startrek it would say all those 'aliens' just looked like a bunch of humans. The odds of a completely alien race evolving to look like us are astronomical. Just look at the variety of life on earth like spiders with multiple sets of eyes and eight legs, or the octopus with eight tentacles that scientists think could be very intelligent. The only way we could have more human looking 'aliens' is to have some explaination as to how we're related to them, which doesn't make them very alien.

i like that idea... an enemy that threatens with brains rather than brawn, besting the expedition at their own game. alas, as cool as this would be, i fear we will be seeing either yet another dull bunch of peggy humans (genii junior) or another uber-powered (yet 'hauntingly' familiar) attack-attack-attack alien adversary.

The expedition could discover remnants an old alien race, maybe an automated defense system or a trap. Or an alien race could be manipulating things from behind the scenes and every once in a while we catch a glimpse of one.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 12th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Gotta disagree, those 'aliens' in Starwars wars looked way too human or at least too terrestrial. Imagine if a jellyfish was sentient and it saw Starwars or Startrek it would say all those 'aliens' just looked like a bunch of humans. The odds of a completely alien race evolving to look like us are astronomical. Just look at the variety of life on earth like spiders with multiple sets of eyes and eight legs, or the octopus with eight tentacles that scientists think could be very intelligent. The only way we could have more human looking 'aliens' is to have some explaination as to how we're related to them, which doesn't make them very alien.

True. I jsut hope they have no connection with the Pegasus galaxy affairs, wraith or lantean. However, with Daniel being tied into the storyline, it seems as it will be another Ancient screwup (Hopefully its just for Daniel to translate some weird language)

Ganthet Jr.
February 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I really really really hope it's not another group of humans. I dearly hope it's a brand new species.

anima
February 12th, 2008, 08:18 PM
As long as their not humans and can stand on par with the 304s I'll probably be happy assuming that they don't look conpletely ridiculious.

Aewon
February 13th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Giant Aliens + Daniel's grandfather + Furlings = Me, very, very happy!:daniel:

jrd231
February 15th, 2008, 06:47 AM
I'd like to see an alien looking race introduced that are extremely powerful that look badass. I don't want the writers to tell us where they are from, or how they came to the PG right away. I hope they view the Wraith like the Wraith view humans, as nothing more than animals. They could capture Wraith and make them slaves to them. The Wraith would get a little taste of their own medicine. The focus of the Atlantis team could be exploring the origins of the new race, which would ultimately lead us to an entire new aspect, that there are many galaxies out there, with new alien races across the Universe. Maybe this new race is from another galaxy and has traveled to many other galaxies as well. They could even have developed technology similar to a Stargate to traverse these great distances. The new race doesn't necessarily have to be pure evil, they could be rather indifferent. Maybe they even protect their knowledge of their home galaxy and the galaxies they've visited.

They really could be a doorway to an entire new "world" within the Stargate Universe, much like the current SG Universe that consists of MW, PG, Ida, and the Ori Galaxy.

Killjoy_Zero
February 15th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Ok ladies, if its a new race I think we can forget about any that have been previously introduced like the asgard or that big, blue misty thingy from season 1 of SG-1.

Now, we know its a Daniel heavy episode so odds are they're old which means advanced and brilliant which means more space battles and ship designs. I'm a tech geek, I love the ships.

Most likely, due to budgetary constraints they will be some sort of human type creatures, probably wont use make-up for them either. Personally, I think it'd be awesome if they were a group of small, spore like creatures like from Atlantis' "Home" in season 1. Something along those lines. I dont see why the Furlings would go from being part of a great alliance of four races to being enemies.

Lets play with an idea for a moment here. What if they're an old, Alteran experiment against the wraith? Like some kind of genetically engineered super soldier bounty hunter guys. Its a far stretch, I know but it'd be a bit awesome to watch Ronin go against some gene-hyped warmachine. OH! I have an idea!

The new race revealed!

http://www.timelord.de/new-dalek.gif

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 15th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I think it would be a bit dull if the show introduced another enemy that was a mistake of the Ancients... I mean how many mistakes can the Ancients make? I would rather that these guys either fought the Ancients, ignored them or developed after their fall rather then be a mistake of theirs as its getting overused... we have two enemies that are a result of the Ancients interference... one unintentional and the other intentional.

TOIVA
February 15th, 2008, 01:50 PM
A good new race would be some race not entirely human, but let's say humanoid, that the Wraith could not feed upon. So, let's say, the Wraith wanted to eradicate them, but they somehow managed to hide from the Wraith, and they developped their society in peace, until...

Daniel discovers some trace of them, indicating there was some quite advanced race after the fall of the Ancients, that battled as well with the Wraith.
And we could try to look for that "lost", unknown race.
Perhaps, if we find them, they could become a bit like the AsGArd for us.

(Well, sorry it's not a new enemy.:oI just wanted to write what I had in mind.:);))

Mitchell82
February 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Ok ladies, if its a new race I think we can forget about any that have been previously introduced like the asgard or that big, blue misty thingy from season 1 of SG-1.

Now, we know its a Daniel heavy episode so odds are they're old which means advanced and brilliant which means more space battles and ship designs. I'm a tech geek, I love the ships.

Most likely, due to budgetary constraints they will be some sort of human type creatures, probably wont use make-up for them either. Personally, I think it'd be awesome if they were a group of small, spore like creatures like from Atlantis' "Home" in season 1. Something along those lines. I dont see why the Furlings would go from being part of a great alliance of four races to being enemies.

Lets play with an idea for a moment here. What if they're an old, Alteran experiment against the wraith? Like some kind of genetically engineered super soldier bounty hunter guys. Its a far stretch, I know but it'd be a bit awesome to watch Ronin go against some gene-hyped warmachine. OH! I have an idea!

The new race revealed!

Gaeth
February 15th, 2008, 10:23 PM
I'd like to see an alien looking race introduced that are extremely powerful that look badass. I don't want the writers to tell us where they are from, or how they came to the PG right away. I hope they view the Wraith like the Wraith view humans, as nothing more than animals. They could capture Wraith and make them slaves to them. The Wraith would get a little taste of their own medicine. The focus of the Atlantis team could be exploring the origins of the new race, which would ultimately lead us to an entire new aspect, that there are many galaxies out there, with new alien races across the Universe. Maybe this new race is from another galaxy and has traveled to many other galaxies as well. They could even have developed technology similar to a Stargate to traverse these great distances. The new race doesn't necessarily have to be pure evil, they could be rather indifferent. Maybe they even protect their knowledge of their home galaxy and the galaxies they've visited.

They really could be a doorway to an entire new "world" within the Stargate Universe, much like the current SG Universe that consists of MW, PG, Ida, and the Ori Galaxy.

I like the idea of them having a completely mysterious background, what would also be cool is if they rarely spoke and never explained themselves. The Wraith used to do that but they've had to get more chatty lately. It would be better if they didn't even interact with the Wraith at all. For instance, if they didn't care what happened to humans, and the Wraith couldn't feed upon them then the Wraith wouldn't even care about them. That is, except for their technology, and even then if they're too well hidden or too advanced the Wraith might keep their distance. Like they did when the Asurans were staying on their planet. This would be a way to avoid another team up with the Wraith against a common enemy. In fact, the only reason this other species would care about Atlantis is their technology, so they might actually team up with the Wraith against us! That would be refreshing.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 16th, 2008, 10:39 AM
It would be really good if they recently migrated from another galaxy. that way, they'd be foreign to pegasus, but we wouldn't have to travel to another galaxy to defeat them (like we did with the Ori).

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
It would be really good if they recently migrated from another galaxy. that way, they'd be foreign to pegasus, but we wouldn't have to travel to another galaxy to defeat them (like we did with the Ori).

Thats a possibility and would make them a similar force to the Atlantis Expedition. Perhaps this migration is a colonization attemptand that failure means destruction for them? Would add a nice element to the whole situation. Thats how I pictured the Foothold aliens personally.

Merlin1701
February 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM
In the MW the Ancients formed an alliance…why not in the PG?

I would like to see the aliens from “Fire and Water” they live on an ocean world so have remained hidden from the wraith. Their gate is not linked to the network just to Atlantis. This race gave rise to the legends of mermaids???

Zelos
February 17th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I would love to see some space ninjas. Everybody loves ninjas!
Or how about some apes?
Space pirates?

I would like to see a strong race thats a bit more interesting than the typical 'we are stonger than you therefore we shall end you' or 'we are stronger than you therefore you will spend forever earning our respect'. Atlantis doesn't really have any interesting allies right now.

Ltcolshepjumper
February 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
In the MW the Ancients formed an alliance…why not in the PG?

I would like to see the aliens from “Fire and Water” they live on an ocean world so have remained hidden from the wraith. Their gate is not linked to the network just to Atlantis. This race gave rise to the legends of mermaids???

Uh, MW SG-1 race! no, that wouldn't be cool. Mermaid legend came from manatees, if I'm correct.

SGFerrit
February 17th, 2008, 03:00 PM
The new race revealed!

Please god no!:S

KikeGate
February 17th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I hope is not something like travelers. Before S4 started rolling, we were promised to meet a new advanced race that could survived wraith cullings. So the expectations to meet this new race went up inmidiately as shown in the speculation threads in this forum.
But after meet the travellers, they fell short to our expectations turning out to be a group a nomadic people who go after the leftover from wraith cullings. The only positive note on travelers is Larrin, their hot leader.
The producers have said they regret having mentioned the Furlings as members of the so called great alliance with asgard-nox and ancients. Therefore I wouldn't count on this one unless the writers have a second thought about this.

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I hope is not something like travelers. Before S4 started rolling, we were promised to meet a new advanced race that could survived wraith cullings. So the expectations to meet this new race went up inmidiately as shown in the speculation threads in this forum.
But after meet the travelers, they fell short to our expectations turning out to be a group a nomadic people who go after the leftover from wraith cullings. The only positive note on travelers is Larrin, their hot leader.
The producers have said they regret having mentioned the Furlings as members of the so called great alliance with asgard-nox and ancients. Therefore I wouldn't count on this one unless the writers have a second thought about this.
Well I disagree on the Travelers I do agree that most likely it will be a completely new race.

kymeric
February 17th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Remember the aliens from the War of the Worlds tv show? Wierd aliens like that.

Gaeth
February 17th, 2008, 08:07 PM
If they're worried about budget control for a new species, they might only show them every once in a while. The rest of the time they could show their technology or maybe humans that were their servants. That would add to the mystery.

Merlin1701
February 18th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Uh, MW SG-1 race! no, that wouldn't be cool. Mermaid legend came from manatees, if I'm correct.

Hey we think it comes from manatees, most of the back story to the SG universe comes from myths. We need to integrate this into SGA more. As "Nem" and his people being from MW...we just don’t know, they could have travelled to our galaxy from PG in search of the atlanteans.

SGA's ties to SG1 form a strong fan base, with the integration of new material and different aims the series has developed into a seperate entity. However the introduction of elements from SG1 will in the words of JM bring an "old school" factor.

Gaeth
February 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Hey we think it comes from manatees, most of the back story to the SG universe comes from myths. We need to integrate this into SGA more. As "Nem" and his people being from MW...we just don’t know, they could have travelled to our galaxy from PG in search of the atlanteans.

Oh no, no fish people please. I don't want to break out my deep fryer. Nem is still too terrestrial looking too, we need something genuinely alien.

Cynycal
February 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I'd like to see a faction of enemies, multiple races united against us. for whatever reason

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 19th, 2008, 02:55 AM
I think one thing they can do is introduce an alien race who were the original inhabitants of the Pegasus galaxy. Say that the Lanteans came to Pegasus and didnt discover them and began to seed Human life across the stars. This alien race and the Lanteans meet each other and end up fighting a war which the aliens lose but they arent destroyed. During this time, the Wraith evolve and manage to build a huge fleet to take on the Ancients.

Why I say this? It would help explain many things like why the Wraith were allowed to evolve and build an armada that could threaten the Lanteans. They were busy in another conflict that distracted them and perhaps even weakened them to the point that the Wraith were capable of fighting them.

Probably not going to happen but one can dream I suppose....

Gaeth
February 19th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I think one thing they can do is introduce an alien race who were the original inhabitants of the Pegasus galaxy. Say that the Lanteans came to Pegasus and didnt discover them and began to seed Human life across the stars. This alien race and the Lanteans meet each other and end up fighting a war which the aliens lose but they arent destroyed. During this time, the Wraith evolve and manage to build a huge fleet to take on the Ancients.

Why I say this? It would help explain many things like why the Wraith were allowed to evolve and build an armada that could threaten the Lanteans. They were busy in another conflict that distracted them and perhaps even weakened them to the point that the Wraith were capable of fighting them.

Probably not going to happen but one can dream I suppose....

Yeah that's like my post from way back before they introduced the Asurans.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=5017211#post5017211

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 19th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Perhaps this new group has something to do with why Jewel Staite will be in prosthetics, as mentioned in Joe's blog? The episode is called "The Seed", so perhaps they implant people with their DNA? Or that could be a one-shot alien rather than this new group.

thekillman
February 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
wraith-goauld would be nice :D.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 19th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Perhaps this new group has something to do with why Jewel Staite will be in prosthetics, as mentioned in Joe's blog? The episode is called "The Seed", so perhaps they implant people with their DNA? Or that could be a one-shot alien rather than this new group.

I thought the new race was going to be introduced in the mid season two parter? Or have I messed the information up?

TOIVA
February 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Not really, we've seen the Goauld in the Unas, humans and Adria. I think that's been sufficient. No need to bring them in Pegasus too.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I thought the new race was going to be introduced in the mid season two parter? Or have I messed the information up?

Has there been an official statement of when they're introduced?

Gaeth
February 19th, 2008, 04:24 PM

That's something they should hold in reserve until like the eight season (if there is one). He can wear Kull warrior armor and he'll be known as "Ugh the unkillable". I would love to see the team fire continuously at him (even without armor) for a full five minutes and then have to beam him into the sun.

Cpt.McLane
February 20th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Well, I sippose the new race will be the group of the replicators who went of with the clones replicator Weir. The producers wanted Dr. Weir for some episodes in season 5. Maybe they had plans to introduce Weir as the new bad girls. With her knowledge about Atlantis and earth this could have been very cool.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 20th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Has there been an official statement of when they're introduced?

I think I heard some comments hear on the board that something is being introduced in the Daniel Jackson episodes of next season but I might have mixed the information.

Gaeth
February 20th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Well, I sippose the new race will be the group of the replicators who went of with the clones replicator Weir.

I really hope not. That would be the same scam twice.

Mitchell82
February 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I really hope not. That would be the same scam twice.

I doubt they'd be the new enemy though I would like to see that as a secondary arc.

Gaeth
February 20th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I doubt they'd be the new enemy though I would like to see that as a secondary arc.

That sounds fine.

Aewon
February 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM
Well, I sippose the new race will be the group of the replicators who went of with the clones replicator Weir. The producers wanted Dr. Weir for some episodes in season 5. Maybe they had plans to introduce Weir as the new bad girls. With her knowledge about Atlantis and earth this could have been very cool.

Why are people assuming that just because they are Replicators they will eventually become villains? First of all, they're not IG Replicators. These Replicators are a faction of the Alteran Replicators whose primary goal is ascension.

Fjord
February 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I have recently read somewhere that a new race will be unveiled on the 100th episode of SGA! I would like to know what the others on this forum think the new race will be like. I am personally hopinf for Furlings but thats just me.

PG15
February 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I'd rather know where you read about that.

GATEGOD
February 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM
And so the Furling campaign begins :ronan:

Vala_M
February 24th, 2008, 07:55 PM
What if the new race is Michael's Human-Wraith hybrids?

Vala,

Gaeth
February 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
What if the new race is Michael's Human-Wraith hybrids?

Vala,

I bet that's what it is, although I'd rather it was a new race in addition to the hybrids.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 25th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I bet that's what it is, although I'd rather it was a new race in addition to the hybrids.

If it's the hybrids, then they're not a 'new race introduced in Season 5', because we're being introduced to them right now.

Gaeth
February 25th, 2008, 04:09 PM
If it's the hybrids, then they're not a 'new race introduced in Season 5', because we're being introduced to them right now.

True, but the Asurans weren't really a 'new' race but they tried to pass it off as one. So it's not too big a stretch to imagine them doing it again. Hopefully it is a completely new and completely alien species.

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 25th, 2008, 07:22 PM
True, but the Asurans weren't really a 'new' race but they tried to pass it off as one. So it's not too big a stretch to imagine them doing it again. Hopefully it is a completely new and completely alien species.

The Asurans were at least newly introduced in Season 3, and had a different MO from the Replicators encountered in Ida and the Milky Way.

I hope so, too.

Gaeth
February 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM
The Asurans were at least newly introduced in Season 3, and had a different MO from the Replicators encountered in Ida and the Milky Way.

I hope so, too.

Sorry I guess I'm still bitter over getting the replicators instead of a real new race in season 3.

Vala_M
February 25th, 2008, 08:52 PM

They weren't properly introduced yet. And to be fair, the Asuras were originally introduced in season 1 but properly introduced in season 3 so it's possible. Plus, I have a feeling they will be the new race. I could be wrong though, but there aren't really any other advanced races in the Pegasus galaxy for enemies.

Vala,

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 26th, 2008, 12:08 PM
They weren't properly introduced yet. And to be fair, the Asuras were originally introduced in season 1 but properly introduced in season 3 so it's possible. Plus, I have a feeling they will be the new race. I could be wrong though, but there aren't really any other advanced races in the Pegasus galaxy for enemies.

Vala,

We've seen two hybrids and will probably see more in part 2, that's an introduction. The Asurans didn't appear in season 1, just a nanite virus that they invented. I remain hopeful that the new race introduced in Season Five will be a new race introduced in Season Five.