This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New race in Season 5

I read a article that said that a new race would be introduced in the 5th Season any info elsewhere about this race.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=48051

I just hope it's not a cop out and it ends up being Michaels bugs or the surviving replicators.

Comment

It will probably be introduced in the last episode of the season as just a quick glimpse and be gone into further at the start of season 6. That would also be an interesting way to have the 100th episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I just hope it's not a cop out and it ends up being Michaels bugs or the surviving replicators.
        I whole-heartedly agree!! But I'm trying not to get my hopes up...
        sigpic

Comment

FURLINGS!!!!!!
          ...sorry...

On the other hand, they might just mean 'races' in terms of Athosians, Genii, etc., not necessarily a new species.

I. Want. My. FURLINGS!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I would like to see the "Fire and Water" aliens (Oannes) and the "Watergate" aliens. They lived under the sea, so maybe they can connect them to Atlantis.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Different galaxy. Your aliens have alot to do with H2O, eh?
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

i am sooooo looking forward to new bad guys.... i dont know why everyone dosnt like new enemies, i think its great when they introduce em... i mean new races in general are great... i mean all the people in teh pegasus galaxy seem to be at the same tech level and its either castles or, well more castles (which there is nothin wrong with) but i really like the futuristic alien worlds (or universities as they are otherwise called,) and i guess i just miss old sg1, goin out to look for new and better interesting tech, and new bad guys open the door to that... like a new enemy could bring about more of a goal orientated approach... instead of just survive and beat the wraith at some point... just my thoughts... in need of a better outlet
                You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

My idea for a new enemy is a somewhat mirror version of SGA. A race of humans find Ancient tech decades ago (City ships, Aurora's, ZPM's, ect), but instead of using it to help people and fight against the Wraith, they just want to rule everything, much like the Goa'uld. I think they could make a very good enemy, they would just have to give them several Aurora's or even city ships to make up for our 304's. It would be a good way to possibly introduce new Ancient tech or learn things about it we didn't previously know.

Scratch that, I just thought of the coolest idea ever, but it deserves a post of it's own.
                  Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Ok, so about half way through typing out my previous post, I got nostalgic for the Asgard. It's pretty similar to my original idea of an enemy, but still different.

So 30,000 years ago the Asgard used to be a humanoid species who reproduced sexually before they started cloning. What about having a smallish group of Asgard who could forsee the consequences of what they were doing leaving that galaxy all together. They could have found a new home and rebuilt their culture. They could be a new ally similar to the old Asgard, or they could be so different that they want to conquer us. It would be interesting to see who's tech was superior, how far they evolved, if they Ascended, ect.

Best villain ever, IMO.

Here's a pic of one of them.
                    Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Am i also right in thinking that i have read somewhere that the new race will be included in the mid season 2 parter when Daniel arrives in Atlantis!

Comment

a new race is cool. a new enemy is even better. it's kinda getting boring with the wraith and the replicators.

old asgard as an enemy would be cool. just with a lot of new tech. suppose they evaded the wraith similar to the nox evading the goa'uld. and now they have all sorts of surprises for us. and they are now like half ascended like mckay was when he used that machine or something.

or perhaps....remember micheal? and his little "pets"? suppose he continued his project elsewhere and managed to create much smarter species than he wanted to. with their help he starts a war with other wraith and eventually atlantis team. he could be the real enemy. the guy knows how to fight, he's not afraid to fight dirty and he hates atlantis team. what a perfect enemy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmm interesting. They mention that there will be a new enemy introduced next season so is this new race the new enemy? Or are they separate? i mean back in SG-1 before season 10 it was revealed that there would be a new enemy and lots of people were speculating about some new bad guy race but it turned out the enemy was a character rather then a faction/race etc.

Anyway, I can't wait to see them. When I heard of the Asuans I couldnt wait till the episode showed and when I heard of the Travelers I also couldnt wait for the episode so all I got to say is bring on the new races!

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Apparently the new race are being introduced in Daniels mid season two parter!

So hopefully it will be archaeology related he hasn't done much of that on screen recently
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                              Apparently the new race are being introduced in Daniels mid season two parter!

So hopefully it will be archaeology related he hasn't done much of that on screen recently
                              And they won't be related to the Ori as said by JM on his blog so might be completely new. I wonder who it could be....

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                              X