PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else...

wraithfound
February 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Did anybody else not like the episode? I love Atlantis but I found Trio to be boring and very predictable.

g.o.d
February 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
just another SGA episode...boring and predictable

jelgate
February 9th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Does this need its own thread? At least its not another Harmony

wraithfound
February 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Well I would have argued in a different thread but I couldn't find anybody else who hated it! I thought it was ten times worse then harmony!

Aquarian
February 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Did anybody else not like the episode? I love Atlantis but I found Trio to be boring and very predictable.
I loved it and thought it was one of the best of the season. It was good to see more of Keller.

Platschu
February 9th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah. It was boring and I like the story arc episodes better. :o

fugiman
February 9th, 2008, 02:44 PM
This episode was great

Heaven forbid they have a good laugh once in awhile

So I thouhgt this episode was great:D

wraithfound
February 9th, 2008, 02:50 PM
For those of you who liked it great. For the rest of us it was boring! There was nothing to it all they really did was build stuff! If you want to build stuff go join the discovery channel. I for one hope they never have an episode like this again.

And I'm all for the good laughs thank you very much, but there was nothing funny about it.

Heaven forbid some body not liking a (as in one) Stargate episode here.

s09119
February 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM
For those of you who liked it great. For the rest of us it was boring! There was nothing to it all they really did was build stuff! If you want to build stuff go join the discovery channel. I for one hope they never have an episode like this again.

And I'm all for the good laughs thank you very much, but there was nothing funny about it.

Heaven forbid some body not liking a (as in one) Stargate episode here.

Actually, from what I've seen, you're in the minority. Most people appeared to really enjoy it, so please stop acting as though "the rest of us" feel the way you do.

And there was plenty to be laughed at; the dialogue was great, seeing Rodney play "Who Would You Rather?", the suggestion of how Carter elicit help from the boys, and plenty of other things.

Everyone's allowed to like or not like an episode, but we should all be respecting each other's opinions (not entirely aimed at you, by the way, that was a general statement).

wraithfound
February 9th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Actually, from what I've seen, you're in the minority. Most people appeared to really enjoy it, so please stop acting as though "the rest of us" feel the way you do.

And there was plenty to be laughed at; the dialogue was great, seeing Rodney play "Who Would You Rather?", the suggestion of how Carter elicit help from the boys, and plenty of other things.

Everyone's allowed to like or not like an episode, but we should all be respecting each other's opinions (not entirely aimed at you, by the way, that was a general statement).

How is starting a thread for the people who didn't like the episode seem like I'm acting as if everybody hates it? I know 99% of the people loved it! But this is a thread for those of us who didn't! Like you said everybody should be able to respect everybody else's opinions, so let us state ours please. And I'm sorry:( if it seemed rude to those of you who liked it.

fugiman
February 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I was just expressing my opinion don't have to get so angry about that

Hypochondriac
February 9th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I didn't like the episode. Really hated the Zalenka bashing. there was nothing interesting in this episode. The only part I liked when mckay is going on about how fit he is and keller said your last physical begs to differ.

wraithfound
February 9th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I didn't like the Zelenka bashing either. I really like Zelenka and I think he's cool.

LiLTiff17
February 9th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I hated it, and I really didn't want too. I thought Harmony was meh.
The characters in Trio seemed OC to me, the dialogue seemed sort of OC and cheesy, and Rodney-my goodness. He has a Crush on Sam thats obvious, but from what has been shown he also respects her at least enough that I don't believe that he would ask Sam to flash her breasts to a couple of preteens-desperate or not. I didn't get the Zelenka bashing either.
That and the plot was very predictable and not engaging as mentioned imo.:(

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 04:05 PM
This episode was great

Heaven forbid they have a good laugh once in awhile

So I thouhgt this episode was great:D

well said dude, I totally agree

Cory Holmes
February 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I thought this was one of their better episodes. It was pure character interaction, which is something that Stargate (both of them) has been lacking. This also brought SGA back to a time early on in SG-1 when there was no advanced technology to rely on, no BC-304 in orbit ready to beam them out of any danger (a problem that became more pronounced in the later years).

I thought the characters were mostly themselves, but with enough grit during crunch time that we got to cheer along with them and their successes. Also, I thought the script showed at least decent intelligence when they showed Keller shovelling out the dirt after explicity mentioning how heavy it was. I always enjoy little touches like that.

But the character interaction, and especially the actor interaction, made this episode very enjoyable. It remindeed me of SG-1s Solitudes and Abyss, great shows that feature actors and not visual effects.

And so those of you who don't like, kindly please exit stage left :p

drake122
February 9th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I didn't like it either. In fact, I think it was the worst ep in SGA ever. Also, by reading through those 12 pages of the review thread, I get the feeling people who disliked it are actually the majority. Well, I could be wrong, dunno.

Already looking forward to next weeks episode. I'll just pretend there never was anything titled 'Trio' in the Stargate franchise :)

Detox
February 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
just another SGA episode...boring and predictable

So why even watch it if you hate it so much?

It just boggles the mind...

There are so much others things you could be doing than sitting around and watching an hour of something you hate so very much, and then going on a forum and complaining about how much you hate it.

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Sure, it could be considered boring, character episodes usually are. BUT there were 'splosions and stunts and cgi and bar tricks. I don't know about you, but the bar trick and the cannon were cool and unexpected. Well, once you saw the gas, you knew Rodney'd use it as a propulsion source for something. Carter's hooks... not so much.

Myles
February 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM
The episode wasn't bad, nor particullarly boring. Some parts dragged, but for the most part it was an engaging, see how they get out of this one, episode. Sure, we all knew the hook wouldn't work, and neither would the boxes. But seriosuly, how many TV shows leave you fooled the entire episode?

So while I generally don't like these types of episodes - fillers arn't my thing, I thought this was a decent episode. Better then Harmony, and I didn't like Quarantine much either. This and 'Outcast' were steps back in the right direction since we had the mess after the wonderful mid-season arc.

o-0
February 9th, 2008, 07:20 PM
You guys probably didn't like it because this is a sci-fi show and there was no sci-fi in this ep. I liked it though, because in the end Rodney saved the day and got the girls ;)

Avenger
February 9th, 2008, 11:34 PM
How is starting a thread for the people who didn't like the episode seem like I'm acting as if everybody hates it? I know 99% of the people loved it! But this is a thread for those of us who didn't! Like you said everybody should be able to respect everybody else's opinions, so let us state ours please. And I'm sorry:( if it seemed rude to those of you who liked it.

When a thread title is "Did anyone else not like it?" it is not a thread just for negative opinions. If you want a thread for negative opinions only, state it in the thread title (Misgivings and complaints only). People generally will respect it. The thread asks a question that anyone, fan or not, can answer as it is posted now.

Couple of things:

1.) How many episodes aren't truly predictable? Seriously. Of course I knew going in that they were all going to get out in the nick of time the same way I know Rodney is going to save the day in a nick of time.

2.) The episode was about character interaction, and there was some great interaction. The show needs episodes like this to develop the characters. I like the action packed episode as much as the next fan, but doing nothing but action, believe it or not, will make the show stale after some length of time.

3.) Not every episode can be explore a larger arc. Well, they can, but then the show runs out of ideas sooner. A handful of fillers here and there do well to extend the life of the show as well.

UNRE4L
February 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Yes, I stated in an earlier post that it was a stupid episode. They have completely wandered off the story line and anything which has remotely to do with Stargate, Atlantis or space in general. The only thing I enjoyed was to see Sam bounce off the floor that many times.
And the Zalenka bashing was completely uncalled for. Sam was implying that he was a creep?

And hopefully Jenks wont give me more Red for saying this.

wolverine_nl
February 10th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Owwkaay, this episode has old Sg1 in it all the way, purely character driven, nothing more or nothing less. The ep shows what happens without high tech equipment in a certain situation. I am glad they don't get beamed away, would be too easy, having a grapplinghook-gun with them would be too easy and this is an ep which you either like or dislike

and to be honoust; if you dislike it , is it worse than The Tower???My opinion, nothing can get worse than that.

g.o.d
February 10th, 2008, 06:41 AM
So why even watch it if you hate it so much?

It just boggles the mind...

There are so much others things you could be doing than sitting around and watching an hour of something you hate so very much, and then going on a forum and complaining about how much you hate it.

I spent only 5 or 10 minutes by watching "Trio"

Cory Holmes
February 10th, 2008, 07:08 AM
The ep shows what happens without high tech equipment in a certain situation. I am glad they don't get beamed away, would be too easy, having a grapplinghook-gun with them would be too easy and this is an ep which you either like or dislike
Exactly. There was no Daedalus Ex Machina in this episode, which is so much awesome.

and to be honoust; if you dislike it , is it worse than The Tower???My opinion, nothing can get worse than that.
Indeed. Same with Wormhole Xtreme! I can't stand the thought of that episode to actually watch it.

wolverine_nl
February 10th, 2008, 07:31 AM
You guys probably didn't like it because this is a sci-fi show and there was no sci-fi in this ep. I liked it though, because in the end Rodney saved the day and got the girls ;)

I liked it, and in my eyes it is still scifi (they are in Pegasus on another planet), but even in scifi they are still humans from our time, not from the future, it makes it all more real, they get dirty, they break a leg, they aren't as clinically clean as in Star Trek, their clothes are wrinkled. etc.

g.o.d
February 10th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Exactly. There was no Daedalus Ex Machina in this episode, which is so much awesome.

no, there was something much worse than this. Off-Screen Ex Machina

iolanda
February 10th, 2008, 08:09 AM
no, there was something much worse than this. Off-Screen Ex Machina

How did that happen?

Rosehawk
February 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Yes, I stated in an earlier post that it was a stupid episode. They have completely wandered off the story line and anything which has remotely to do with Stargate, Atlantis or space in general. The only thing I enjoyed was to see Sam bounce off the floor that many times.
And the Zalenka bashing was completely uncalled for. Sam was implying that he was a creep.

Actually it was Keller that implied he was a creep. I agree, completely uncalled for in the episode. Sam tried to recover from her comments about being stuck in an elevator with Zelenka but McKay and Keller had already zero'd in on her hesitation and went in for the kill, the justification to bash Zelenka was that everything was a competition. However the whole conversation didn't go off very well and was poorly done. Probably would have been okay if Keller hadn't made the comments that she did without clarifying the context of when Zelenka made the comments about her hair.

wolverine_nl
February 10th, 2008, 11:49 AM
90% of this forum is about searching for plotholes or things that dont make sense, this ep has flaws yes, i have accepted it every ep and i look at it for other things, otherwise i cant look at any TV show or feature film anymore without letting that burden go..

let go, have fun :hammondanime01:

Ghostrider
February 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
yeah, I thought it was too much like an episode of MacGyver, even with the over exaggerated science in the solutions. also I thought Carter was a bit out of character when she estimated how high the roof was.

Aethon
February 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think the try fail try fail try fail accident succed part is overused, you Know their first and second or third attempt will fail, it's always like that. They should have made the episode more about them getting out by going around towards the exit, not spending all the time in the room trying. It's like every episode, as long as there is a problem the first attempt always fail, instead let it succed and build on the story...

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM

from JM's blog

Kikinostro writes: “Are you surprised by the generally negative reaction to Trio?”

Answer: Generally negative reaction? Although people have criticized various aspects of the episode, the feedback I’ve seen has been generally positive.

WingedPegasus
February 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM

Yes.

Kanetsidohi
September 8th, 2008, 10:41 AM

I just watched it, and even if it wasn't as bad as I thought at first, it wasn't a good ep at all IMO. It was like those Reverse Button episodes when lots of things happen but don't make any change in real life.

Keller talking about Rodney's medical record in front of Carter was bad, but not even that prepared me for the Zelenka bashing. It was uncalled for, and un-necessary. I don't like Keller so whatever she does/says doesn't matter to me, but Sam acting like that was rather disturbing.

Since nothing interesting happened in this episode, the bashing is what I remember about it, and is not a good memory.

Pharaoh Atem
November 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM

to be honest i trio has turned out to be the one sga ep i re watch the most

i really do like it