Keller and McKay are wimps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keller and McKay are wimps

I think we all know why. Neither of the two was brave enough to play 'Jenga' (in a sense). They showed no acts of bravery until they were desperate and McKay was kind of reliant of Sam, its only when she was injured that he had to think for himself.
    "You have earned my respect and my friendship"

"The feeling's mutual"

"Please do not be sad"
    sigpic

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
    I think we all know why. Neither of the two was brave enough to play 'Jenga' (in a sense). They showed no acts of bravery until they were desperate and McKay was kind of reliant of Sam, its only when she was injured that he had to think for himself.
    Carter looked to be the lightest so that's why she was the one to do it.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Actually I think Keller has a smaller frame than Carter... Sam is probably muscle bound from all her adventures on SG1...

Though Sam was probably the only one who can climb with ease. McKay is pudgy and Keller is... Well she's afraid of heights.

Comment

I don't think anyone was a wimp in this episode.

Were Keller and McKay whiny? Oh yes

Did Keller and McKay look to Carter for guidance? Yes.

Keller looks to McKay and Carter as they're both respected individuals with a lot of field experience

McKay looks to Carter as he knows everything she's been through, and survived.

It's human instinct they'd both look to Carter first.

But when it came to the crunch, everyone pulled through, and it was a combination of peoples' ideas that got them out of it.

And McKay continued to hold everyones' weight even when his hands were ripped to shreds.
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Sure they were whiney. If you were in their situation would you be perfectly calm? I sure as Hades wouldn't. Carter was calm because she had been in enough of those situations where it just seemed normal to her. And because of that the other two would turn to her. Of course they probably would have turned to her anyway. After they were over the initial shock, they started to perform well as a team. And on the bravery thing, McKay and Keller both came through when it really mattered.
          LLAP

Comment

Well Sam is the trained and signed up for military officer, the whole point of that is your willingness to die for what (you are told) is right. To be able to put your own self preservation to one side, basically go against human nature.

McKay is a scientist with no military leanings or background, with no want to die for his country mentality, and Keller is a Doctor who's first thought should be to preserve life and limb not risk all on the off chance it might just work.

Now if you want to make out that means the two folks in this who are not military are wimps go right ahead but I think really it is a non issue. Anyone can be brave with years of experience behind them, loads of military (not just physical but mental) training to fall back on. It is the ones who have little, the ones who value their lives (the normal population) who show real bravery by finding within themselves that physical and mental strength to carry on when faced with certain death. The guy who at the last minute jumps in the rushing water to save their kid, that is bravery.

Sam was just doing her job, what she signed up for, unlike McKay and Keller who signed up for the chance to discover new tech and medical advances. I am actually surprised they have lasted this long!

Huge difference.

And yeah on muscle strength Sam does have more then both, so she should have been the first to go anyway, to help the others get up.

Hmm, still if it wasn't for Keller and McKay Sam would still be there, with a broken leg and decomposing.

Comment

I agree w/ SueKay. I thought it was neat in that each person came up with at least one idea. Whether or not the idea worked out is irrelevant, and totally beyond their control, but they each stepped up at some point. I DID wonder though why nobody thought to go up to the steel beams and then go from there. But I guess since there was no way to "grab on" to the ground outside, it doesn't really matter.

(By the way, I wanted them to reference going to the village and getting those kids in trouble w/ their parents!!)

Comment

Keller and Mckay seem more real than most characters precisely because they
                are people who actually say they don't want to die.... But what makes them more fascinating is that they don't quit in spite of their fears. These folks are everyday civilians. This is what makes this show special.....
                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

It felt to me like McKay was calling the shots to be honest, you wouldn't have thought Carter was in command just by watching this. Also, what is the point of this thread?
                  Last edited by jenks; 10 February 2008, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I'm afraid to play Jenga too.

I mean, what if I get a splinter?!

Comment

Keller was not whiny in this episode. In fact, Keller was quite clam and collected the entire time. Worried? Of course. It was a sketchy situation to be in. McKay was the whiny one.
                      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Well Sam is the trained and signed up for military officer, the whole point of that is your willingness to die for what (you are told) is right. To be able to put your own self preservation to one side, basically go against human nature.

McKay is a scientist with no military leanings or background, with no want to die for his country mentality, and Keller is a Doctor who's first thought should be to preserve life and limb not risk all on the off chance it might just work.

Now if you want to make out that means the two folks in this who are not military are wimps go right ahead but I think really it is a non issue. Anyone can be brave with years of experience behind them, loads of military (not just physical but mental) training to fall back on. It is the ones who have little, the ones who value their lives (the normal population) who show real bravery by finding within themselves that physical and mental strength to carry on when faced with certain death. The guy who at the last minute jumps in the rushing water to save their kid, that is bravery.

Sam was just doing her job, what she signed up for, unlike McKay and Keller who signed up for the chance to discover new tech and medical advances. I am actually surprised they have lasted this long!

Huge difference.

And yeah on muscle strength Sam does have more then both, so she should have been the first to go anyway, to help the others get up.

Hmm, still if it wasn't for Keller and McKay Sam would still be there, with a broken leg and decomposing.
                        Spoiled for length.

ITA I couldnt have said it better.
                        sigpic
                        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Nuh-uh!
                          Dr Firefly's smaller, IMO.
                          No offense, Sam. Not that you're fat or anything, but I mean, you know, er...

As for wimps... Rodney has been getting into these situations for four years now. He'll do what's necessary only if and when necessary. Otherwise, wimp.
                          Keller now. She's new to this and her track record this season does prove her wimphood. Right now, I'm not sure she even knows what 'necessary' is, though she's quite willing to strip. That's a plus. She'll grow out of it.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            Nuh-uh!
                            Dr Firefly's smaller, IMO.
                            yeah I think you're right but Sam has been in these kind of situation before, the others haven't. ok maybe Rodney, but he's...Rodney Sam was the most experienced person without fear

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            No offense, Sam. Not that you're fat or anything, but I mean, you know, er...
                            don't you dare insult Sam!
                            Spoiler:
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by dec55 View Post
                              These folks are everyday civilians. This is what makes this show special.....
                              I still say 'everyday civilians' who the various governments and powers know are going to be thrown into physically and psychologically demanding situations [head scientist, head doctor, chief cook and bottlewasher] should be put through the Army ringer before being sent to Pegasus or any such situation. Everyone who goes to Atlantis should be able to defend themselves and their cohorts, or at least swing on a rope.
                              And after being hunted in Missing, Keller really shouldn't be talking anything about 'cardio'.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                              X