This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect for Higginson.

When you get thrown out from the show - you don't take no bone thrown your way afterwards - you just leave. That's the way to go about it! And the actress earned my respect. All the best, Torri.

Originally posted by fordpickup&6pack View Post
    When you get thrown out from the show - you don't take no bone thrown your way afterwards - you just leave. That's the way to go about it! And the actress earned my respect. All the best, Torri.
    There's a thread for this already.

And for the record I do not agree, I think he should have stuck with Atlantis.
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Yep, Torri is a hell of lot of a lot better off with out SGA being held over her head.

She stood up to tptb and got the last laugh imo.

I have gained even more respect for this actress who did exactly what Wier would have done. I think she and weir were much more alike than we thought.

No one should have a previous character held over their head after tptb backed out of the original contract of having her cast as a leading character for 6 years.

Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I agree, I just hope that they finish the Asuran storyline anyway.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          Yep, Torri is a hell of lot of a lot better off with out SGA being held over her head.

She stood up to tptb and got the last laugh imo.

I have gained even more respect for this actress who did exactly what Wier would have done. I think she and weir were much more alike than we thought.

No one should have a previous character held over their head after tptb backed out of the original contract of having her cast as a leading character for 6 years.

Hmm, you think this is like Weir? I don't think Weir would have abandoned atlantis simply because the IOA would have pressured her or mistreated her. In fact, she stood through 4 years of being harrassed by the IOA, when she could have stepped down, but no, she kept her leadership because people needed her.

No, Torri is not like Weir... and I am dissapointed at her. I like Weir, but I don't really like Tori Higginson anymore.
          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Torri's behaved impeccably throughout this whole saga. She absolutely deserves our respect. Other actors, had they been through what she's been through, would have been badmouthing those responsible.

Not Torri. She gave her side of the story, well after the fact, but she gave it in a dignified way.

She's better than this show. She'll move on to bigger and better things. Why commit to one episode of a series where those in charge discarded her at the end of season three, when it may potentially exclude her from working with people who do value and respect her on another show, or in a play or movie.

I've loved Weir as a character from day one. Many of us have. But those of us who've been campaigning to save the character always said it was up to Torri. If she decided she didn't want to do it, we'd respect that and be happy for her.

Go Torri! You rock!

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
              Hmm, you think this is like Weir? I don't think Weir would have abandoned atlantis simply because the IOA would have pressured her or mistreated her. In fact, she stood through 4 years of being harrassed by the IOA, when she could have stepped down, but no, she kept her leadership because people needed her.

No, Torri is not like Weir... and I am dissapointed at her. I like Weir, but I don't really like Tori Higginson anymore.
              Well, Weir is just a fictional character on a science fiction show - that's all. Higginson is a real person, who can show off her teeth to defend herself, when her business contract is not honored. Who cares what happens to her character, when it is her real life is what counts at the end of the day?

Comment

To the statement in bold all I can really come up with is a "Wow". You don't know the actress to even have such a point of view. I recognize you make a distinction and that is where there is a bit of a problem since you are comparing a fictional, non-entital character to a human being with a life. It's her decision whether to stay or not and TPTB is not the IOA.

What's going on in the private life or the feelings why she has chosen to leave are TH's reasons, her final decision should be respected without comments on how you feel about her person which is completely irrelevant as it shouldn't even be reflecting on her as an individual.
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Torri showed that she has backbone to not let tptb dictate to her what shows she will be in after they screwed her over. She said goodbye and went on with her life.

Wier the character showed backbone by not letting the IOA push her around, thus the writer's had to phyiscally injure the character and inject her full of nanites to get her to do what the story dictated.

Obviously, we are talking about 2 different things.

I am refering to the guts to stand up for yourself and you are referring to loyalty to her team.

What loyalty should torri have to tptb after they ousted her from the show?

Why should she be at their beck and call when she should go on with her career?

Tptb screw3d her over when they dishonored a six year contract, gave her last minute notice and said she could take their offer of 2 eps that were stretched out to look like 4 or leave.

They gave her the option, tptb did it to themselves. TH didn't back out of her contract for a better deal. She didn't tell them she only wanted to be in a few eps a year.

She gave everything to them, moved to their city and played thier game. After they closed the deal on her she had every right to go on and leave SGA behind.

She found something better and imo came out looking far more respectable that those who allow themselves to be pushed around by tptb of Stargate.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I think Torri fans are giving Torri to much credit. We have no idea why she declined to come back & fans should not act like they know what happened. That right there is disrespecting Torri when no one here knows why she said no. I think Torri fans need to sit back & wait for Torri to say something if she decides to

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
                      I think Torri fans are giving Torri to much credit. We have no idea why she declined to come back & fans should not act like they know what happened. That right there is disrespecting Torri when no one here knows why she said no. I think Torri fans need to sit back & wait for Torri to say something if she decides to
                      Dunno, I agree...some of the posts are making TH into Joan of Arc without much info as to the reasons or details. I say respect the decision and give it a rest until there is a statement as the above poster stated.

People are making this out to be way too dramatic.
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        She found something better and imo came out looking far more respectable that those who allow themselves to be pushed around by tptb of Stargate.
                        I agree, despite the fact that I never liked the character of Weir (not that I really like any others on SGA). I never knew anything about this actress who played her (or any others) and I had no interest to find out, but when I saw her gesture - that says something about the person - something definitely worthy of respect.

Comment

JohnRico - read the most recent 5 or 6 interviews with Torri, and her article at the official Stargate site. I think that would clarify things for you.
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well I have met Torri, and i do believe she felt let down by tptb on the show.

Therefore i say good for you Torri, i am gutted that you're not coming back but imo the show sucks now anyway so you are probably better off!
                            sigpic

Thanks to Marcy for the banner

Comment

Torri wants to be that way, kill the character for good.

Comment

Working...
                              X