X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No weir in season 5 spoliers for season 4 BAMSR

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...son_five.shtml

Beware of major SPOILERS for Season Four's "Be All My Sins Remember'd" in the report below.

Stargate Atlantis and the actress behind Dr. Elizabeth Weir seem to have gone their separate ways.

The actress has turned down an offer to appear in an episode of the show's fifth season, which the writers hoped would be the start of an on-going arc, according to executive producer Joseph Mallozzi.

After three years in the role of Atlantis's civilian commander, Torri Higginson was reduced from regular cast member to recurring status, appearing in four episodes of Season Four. Weir suffered a close call with a Replicator energy weapon, brain surgery, and captivity and cloning at the hands of the Replicators.

Just when fans thought the character had been killed off, Weir returned for the shocking final minute of January's top-rated episode "Be All My Sins Remember'd." Elizabeth, or perhaps some form of Replicator copy of her, was in command of a group of surviving Replicators who are about to undertake a secret project, now that Oberoth and the rest of the Replicators have been destroyed.
    go torri she did the right thing
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Good for Torri. She's a very talented actress and deserves better. I hope she gets a part on NCIS.

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
      Good for Torri. She's a very talented actress and deserves better. I hope she gets a part on NCIS.
      I agree, they should of never let this talented actress go. Well there is hope for next season with Woolsey. The downside we won't see Weir at all next season, except for a previously on SGA.

If Joe really wanted her to come back he would have a nice Story Arc in place and not just one stinkin episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I agree, they should of never let this talented actress go. Well there is hope for next season with Woolsey. The downside we won't see Weir at all next season, except for a previously on SGA.

If Joe really wanted her to come back he would have a nice Story Arc in place and not just one stinkin episode.
        Seems like Joe was trying to deflect blame here, but generally it hasn't worked, it's ultimately his fault and he has to deal with the mess he's caused and take responsibility.
        sigpic

Comment

From Feb 8, 2008 blog at www.josephmallozzi.wordpress.com

We had a story in place for one episode, the starting point of a potentially bigger arc. The script was written...
          That hardly sounds like he was intending to writer her totally off.

Torri decided, that's fine. <<shrug>>

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Wait. Wasn't she supposed to have some sort of story arc in Season 4?
            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

she did in season 4 but joe wrote her a 1 ep stroy that was supposed to set up something bigger but torri didn't want to do it
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                Wait. Wasn't she supposed to have some sort of story arc in Season 4?
                No, that story arc was supposed to be in season 5. But probably won't be anyway, I'm afraid.

Comment

Well I'm absolutely gutted

Really don't blame Torri though, I believe she was treated terribly and I don't care what J.M. says. He <snip> up when he booted her down to recurring, it's no wonder she feels no loyalty to the show - why would she, none was shown to her!

Don't know if i'll even bother to watch next season, missed 2 episodes this season when i went on holiday, and i didn't even care. That's NEVER EVER happened before.

IMO the show sucks at the moment!!
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 10 February 2008, 05:10 PM.
                  sigpic

Thanks to Marcy for the banner

Comment

Well nothing like holding a grudge! Geeze, if she didn't want to come back in season 5, why couldn't she have told them to <snip> off after TMC when the Weir story could have been complete. By doing BAMSR, all she did was leave the _FANS_ screwed. The writers could care less since they obviously don't care about the character anyways, but the fans DO care, and we're the ones who now have this unfinished last chapter hanging over our heads.
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 10 February 2008, 05:10 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      We had a story in place for one episode, the starting point of a potentially bigger arc. The script was written...

suse
                      It appears to be a similar situation as AT, but sort of more so.
                      "We want first dibs on your time, but we give no guarantees on how many episodes."

I expect most actors, unless they are very new, would consider that a very bad deal, and do what TH did.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneGunman View Post
                        Well nothing like holding a grudge! Geeze, if she didn't want to come back in season 5, why couldn't she have told them to <snip> off after TMC when the Weir story could have been complete. By doing BAMSR, all she did was leave the _FANS_ screwed. The writers could care less since they obviously don't care about the character anyways, but the fans DO care, and we're the ones who now have this unfinished last chapter hanging over our heads.
                        Well if she signed for 4 episodes - she couldn't tell the writers that. Stop being so judgmental.
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 10 February 2008, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneGunman View Post

Maybe she didn't like the script. Maybe there were other terms and conditions. Maybe she had another gig.

TPTB screwed the fans by writing her out. Nothing to do with Torri...the way I see it, she's moved on already, and isn't going to go running back at TPTB's beck and call...especially when she'd be unhappy about her character's direction, long before they shunted her down to recurring.
                          Last edited by Skydiver; 10 February 2008, 05:11 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

suse
                            I don't know who to believe honestly. All I know is with or without Weir, I still love this show. We are even getting Carson back for at least 5 eps next season.
                            sigpic

Comment

Torri Rocks! I am so happy for her and I wish her the best! They need her more than she needs them. She is a talented actress, I will miss Elizabeth, but I can't wait to see what's next for Torri!

Comment

Working...
                              X