PDA

View Full Version : will the midway station be used more in season 5

Pharaoh Atem
February 9th, 2008, 04:38 AM
it was introduced in season 3 and has barely been used any ideas on seeing it in season 5

doylefan22
February 9th, 2008, 05:06 AM
I could have sworn I'd heard a rumour somewhere that

The midway station gets wrecked/destroyed at some point to leave Atlantis more isolated again.

I really can't say that's a certainty though - it could easily be my brain making things up! :D

jenks
February 9th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Mallozzi did say that it would be best not to get too attached to the midway station...

doylefan22
February 9th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Cheers jenks. Always nice to confirm things aren't just in my head. :D

talyn2k1
February 9th, 2008, 07:08 AM
If anything does happen to Midway, chances are it will be in next week's episode...

The Wraith board Midway and use it to get to the SGC

so I guess we'll know the answer this time next week.

Platschu
February 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I hope they won't destroy the station, because it was their most brilliant gate related idea since Rising in Atlantis. :o

Ranlier
February 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
The thing about the gate bridge is that its more or less impossible to destroy beyond repair. Replacement of Midway station is a relatively simple process.

GoSpikey
February 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Be careful about saying stuff like the Midway station maybe going 'boom' in Midway. The thread starter reds you for it. ;)

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I seriously doubt it. JM said that we shouldn't get attached to it so most likely it goes bye-bye.

Fenrir Foxz
February 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I seriously doubt it. JM said that we shouldn't get attached to it so most likely it goes bye-bye.

LoL... Yeah I remember reading that a while back ;)

MechaThor
February 9th, 2008, 02:11 PM
"will the midway station be used more in season 5?"

Not if it gets blow up in next weeks episode!

So maybe this thread should be renamed...

will the midway station be rebuilt in season 5?

Fenrir Foxz
February 9th, 2008, 02:17 PM
"will the midway station be used more in season 5?"

Not if it gets blow up in next weeks episode!

So maybe this thread should be renamed...

will the midway station be rebuilt in season 5?

Good thinking, maybe the thread should be renamed...

Platschu
February 9th, 2008, 03:18 PM
They have built a very expensive Midway set, so I don't think they will destroy the Midway Station, if they can reuse it in season 5. :)

jenks
February 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM
They have built a very expensive Midway set, so I don't think they will destroy the Midway Station, if they can reuse it in season 5. :)

Isn't it pretty much just 304 sets that have been changed a bit?

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 07:56 PM

Yup.

MechaThor
February 10th, 2008, 09:00 AM

Pretty much, I think theres one or two all new rooms, but thats about it, The gate area is all CGI.

I exspect, maybe a control room (which looks like the asgard room on the Dead) a few corridors from the X-302s, but with diffrent text on the walls and lighting, and maybe a small set exstention.
I don't even think alot of the episode will happen on the station? Maybe just the middle act, but the start seems to be on Atlantis and the end looks like the SGC!

Dr.Jonsson
February 15th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Apparently not, now that it was destroyed. Maybe they will build another, and another. They should build a larger one, or perhaps, build a makeshift, SGC, inside a Daedalus class battlecruiser. Inside one of the Hanger bays.

Dev Corvin
February 15th, 2008, 09:50 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Time to rebuild it methinks.

Oh, 20 says the gates didn't get destroyed either; just the station framework.

jelgate
February 15th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Spoiler tags please?

Pharaoh Atem
February 15th, 2008, 10:07 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

it went boom !!!! all gone

garhkal
February 15th, 2008, 10:14 PM

That is a good point, while the station itself isgone, are the gates? So maybe we can still use a jumper to cross..

Pharaoh Atem
February 15th, 2008, 10:19 PM
That is a good point, while the station itself isgone, are the gates? So maybe we can still use a jumper to cross..

but wouldn't the Naquadah had made a bigger boom with all the explosions ie the gates might have blown up with the station

PG15
February 15th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Haven't watched the episode yet, but the worst that can happen is the 1 MW gate and the 1 Pegasus gate in the station blowing up. The rest of the gates in the network is too far away to be affected.

Tupopoflungo
February 15th, 2008, 11:40 PM
It looked like the gates got destroyed, but with what we've seen the gates be put through...i highly doubt it...

jenks
February 16th, 2008, 02:45 AM
I seriously doubt that that little explosion would of been anough to destroy both gates.

Aethon
February 16th, 2008, 06:21 AM
They should just rebuild it all with an iris on both gates, the network they sat up should still be intact...

metabog
February 16th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I still can't believe they didn't have an iris. With all the other security measures (self destruct, armed guys), you'd think they'd have an iris or a contingency plan.

And that wraith stun sphere is waaaaaaaaaay to powerful... I mean all it takes is one of those to take out an entire base.

Major_Griff
February 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
They will most likely rebuild the station. I cannot see why they wouldn't. They have all those gates set up between galaxies all they need to do is get two more gates out there and rebuild the station and put an iris on each gate.

jelgate
February 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM
They will most likely rebuild the station. I cannot see why they wouldn't. They have all those gates set up between galaxies all they need to do is get two more gates out there and rebuild the station and put an iris on each gate.

Not according to Alex Levine's blog.

Major_Griff
February 16th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Not according to Alex Levine's blog.

care to elaborate?

Fenrir Foxz
February 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I seriously doubt that that little explosion would of been anough to destroy both gates.

I agree...
Chances are both gates survived the explosion... we know from past SG-1 eps that gates are tough enough to withstand a direct hit from a meteorite, nuclear blast enhanced by nequada deposits in the soil, withstood the extreme temperature of a suns surface for a while *aided by a shield though*, an Asgard Beliskner-class ship burning up in an uncontrolled re-entree etc...

hisg1fans
February 16th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Maybe building Midway v2.0 will be Carter's job and the reason why she is away from Atlantis.

Then it will be called the 'Carter-McKay' IGB instead of the 'McKay-Carter' IGB ;)

Mitchell82
February 16th, 2008, 01:16 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Even though the ep has aired unless you are in the episode thread you need to use spoiler tags.

melfan
February 17th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Not now that is has been blown up

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Not now that is has been blown up

they can always rebuild it

irn/bru
February 17th, 2008, 12:07 PM
they can always rebuild it

no it got blowen up in midway:ronan:

Jumper_One
February 17th, 2008, 12:10 PM
no it got blowen up in midway:ronan:

yeah so what? build a new one;)

JackHarkness_Hot
February 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I agree...
Chances are both gates survived the explosion... we know from past SG-1 eps that gates are tough enough to withstand a direct hit from a meteorite, nuclear blast enhanced by nequada deposits in the soil, withstood the extreme temperature of a suns surface for a while *aided by a shield though*, an Asgard Beliskner-class ship burning up in an uncontrolled re-entree etc...
If the two gates are intact, then the Puddlejumper would have used the Pegasus gate to head back to Atlantis instead of waiting for the Daedalus to pick them up.

I think the two gates got destroyed. Pity, we didn't see the Midway Station get used much, before it got blown up.

kirmit
February 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM
If the two gates are intact, then the Puddlejumper would have used the Pegasus gate to head back to Atlantis instead of waiting for the Daedalus to pick them up.

I think the two gates got destroyed. Pity, we didn't see the Midway Station get used much, before it got blown up.

Unless the gates were blown far away by the explosion. Really it would be dumb if they were destroyed based on what we've seen them go through in the past, though TPTB do like to change things to suit the situation :mckay:.

StevenCaldwell
February 17th, 2008, 12:43 PM
i would like to see the midway used more in season 5, even if they use it for a re-stocking station for atlantis or one of the ships. could gate ammo or parts to the midway from earth and beam it on bord, or but it on a puddle jumper back to atlantis.
would have lots of uses for the station.

maylet
February 17th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I want season five to start now, so we can see what would happen

Wraith_Boy
February 17th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Unless the gates were blown far away by the explosion. Really it would be dumb if they were destroyed based on what we've seen them go through in the past, though TPTB do like to change things to suit the situation :mckay:.

Not really!

We know nthey have developed gatebusters in the past. Plus, pretty sure the self-destruct in 'The Scourge' destroyed the gate as well.

So if something is severe enough to trigger the self-destruct, then I doubt you want anything left to be recovered. Especially Stargates that lead directly back to your home planet & base of operations.

I doubt they'll rebuild it either. Most likely because Todd knows about it, so who's to say the Wraith don't come across some of the other Pegasus gates, then forward themselves back over to Midway again in future.

Most likely, all gates on the Pegasus end will be taken away to prevent the Wraith from ever being able to do it again in future!

So doubt we'll see it again!

kirmit
February 17th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Not really!

We know nthey have developed gatebusters in the past. Plus, pretty sure the self-destruct in 'The Scourge' destroyed the gate as well.

The gate in 'The Scourge' was buried under hundreds perhaps thousands of tons of rubble, not destroyed. That little explosion in midway was no where near big enough to destroy a gate.

wise one
February 17th, 2008, 04:10 PM
most likely drifted them apart from each other so if the wraith did send another wave somehow they all be floating dead

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I guess they could rebuild it but most likely we won't ever see it again.

the fifth man
February 17th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I guess they could rebuild it but most likely we won't ever see it again.

I don't think we'll see it ever again either.

metabog
February 17th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Well now it will be more difficult to travel between earth and atlantis. Even though the Daedalus or Apollo is always there at the best times for some reason.

Merlin1701
February 18th, 2008, 01:14 AM
With the ever increasing fleet of earth vessels the loss of the midway station will be a massive blow to the quick travel of gate travel between galaxies but not the end...yet.

Midway could be re-built but for the time being it isn't needed for storyline purposes.

SG18
February 18th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Earth has a ZPM

user998413167984131
February 18th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I doubt it

seeing as they have now blown it up

Pharaoh Atem
February 18th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I doubt it

seeing as they have now blown it up

just need some glue :)

user998413167984131
February 18th, 2008, 11:23 AM
No more nails anyone? ;)

SG18
February 18th, 2008, 03:55 PM
No more nails anyone? ;)

lol

Jumper_One
February 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
No more nails anyone? ;)

nope they're gone :eek: and I still haven't seen The Kindred and TLM :S

Raven56
February 20th, 2008, 10:09 AM

Not necessarily.
Even if the gates are intact, I believe it requires a macro to be run from the origin point - Pegasus to Midway, then another macro from Midway to Earth, and vice-versa: Earth to Midway, then midway to Atlantis. So without the macros they wouldn't be able to use the gatebridge; it's just a bunch of gates floating in mid-void.
At least, IIRC the explanation a while back :)

Major_Griff
February 20th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Earth has a ZPM, but they need it for the Ancient defense chair. Are they really going to fly it into Cheyenne Mountain from Antarctica every time some one has to go between galaxies? And are they gonna want to wastefully deplete it just to save people from a two or three week journey? I don't think so. That's why they built the gate bridge. They just need to make V2 more secure, ie an Iris and a sheild on the gates.

The.Road.Not.Taken
February 22nd, 2008, 07:30 AM
Earth has a ZPM, but they need it for the Ancient defense chair. Are they really going to fly it into Cheyenne Mountain from Antarctica every time some one has to go between galaxies? And are they gonna want to wastefully deplete it just to save people from a two or three week journey? I don't think so. That's why they built the gate bridge. They just need to make V2 more secure, ie an Iris and a sheild on the gates.

haha v2 should be more secure and cooler:D and lot lots biggers