PDA

View Full Version : Best quotes!!

Major_Griff
February 8th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Rodney: Carell, but I'd take Jon Stewart over either one.

Rodney: So if one of these men were to force themselves on me who would I chose?

fugiman
February 8th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Both Rodney quotes and theu went something like this

"Well, Sam Weighed to much" Glare from Sam "Not that you way to much, no you have a perfect body" looks at Keller "Not that you don't have a good body"

Or

"You know" does flashing movment "I was ten years old once so you know just" Sam shoots him down

Pharaoh Atem
February 9th, 2008, 03:12 AM

"Well, Sam Weighed to much" Glare from Sam "Not that you way to much, no you have a perfect body" looks at Keller "Not that you don't have a good body"

Or

"You know" does flashing movment "I was ten years old once so you know just" Sam shoots him down
everytime i think rodney is finally changing those li nes came out :(

Lord batchi ball
February 9th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Keller: "Anything hurt?"
Mckay: "Just my pride."

TheLoneGunman
February 9th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Red Means Bad

s09119
February 9th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Red Means Bad

Haha, I almost fell out of my seat laughing at that one...

andromeda_dan
February 9th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Rodney: Great idea...maybe you can show them your..uhm..

gkyun
February 9th, 2008, 09:11 AM
When McKay bragged about his claustrophobic experience in the jumper Carter went: "Oh please that was nothing! I was stuck in a transporter with Zalenka for 3 hours, now THAT'S hard."

Heaven
February 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM
the two physicists Carter mentioned had me LOL

LOL she's such a geek

anyone know the exact line?

Dr.Jonsson
February 9th, 2008, 09:26 AM
"Their´s Brilliant, and than their´s me" Dr. McKay.:mckay:

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 03:57 PM

Or

those were awesome :P

LOL she's such a geek

indeed she is *sigh* I love Sam :D

Keller: come on it's easy, I need two guys I would know
Sam: ok. err...Brian Greene (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Greene) or Neil DeGrasse Tyson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_DeGrasse_Tyson)
Keller: *wtf?*
Sam: they're physicists
Keller: uh huh
Sam: they're on tv, I picked ones you should know
Keller: um Brian Greene I guess
Sam: ugh Tyson all the way
Rodney: you talking about Neil DeGrasse Tyson? he once stole an idea from me :P

jyh
February 9th, 2008, 04:03 PM

LOL she's such a geek

I don't remember the exact wording of her explanation, but the two physicists are Brian Greene and Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Tyson is probably more well known to the general public, as he has (had?) a shown on PBS's Nova. Plus, I believe both have been part of the History Channel's show "The Universe."

By the way, here's a quote from the episode recap on Gateworld: " "To all of you Sam fans dying for a hint of what's going on with Carter's love life, you'll have to wait until 'Trio' for a not-so-subtle tip-off."

"... We will not be dealing with Sam's love life on Atlantis. However, a passing mention of her personal life during a candid moment is another matter."
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)"

Does anyone remember anything like this? Other than preferring Clooney to Pitt, and those other silly choices she made, i don't think we heard, saw, or could infer anything about her "personal life." Or did I miss it???

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I don't remember the exact wording of her explanation, but the two physicists are Brian Greene and Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Tyson is probably more well known to the general public, as he has (had?) a shown on PBS's Nova. Plus, I believe both have been part of the History Channel's show "The Universe."

By the way, here's a quote from the episode recap on Gateworld: " "To all of you Sam fans dying for a hint of what's going on with Carter's love life, you'll have to wait until 'Trio' for a not-so-subtle tip-off."

"... We will not be dealing with Sam's love life on Atlantis. However, a passing mention of her personal life during a candid moment is another matter."
(Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)"

Does anyone remember anything like this? Other than preferring Clooney to Pitt, and those other silly choices she made, i don't think we heard, saw, or could infer anything about her "personal life." Or did I miss it???

it was cut. from JM's blog

Sally writes: “…speaking of ‘trio’; you said to the fans that as soon as the ep aired, you’d write out the unedited version of the ‘not-so-subtle sj/ship reference’ that ended up on the cutting room floor. will you still do that?”

Answer: Sure, but it will have to wait until Monday when I’m back in the office and can get my hands on the script.

jyh
February 9th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks, Jumper_One. I guess I can infer from the "sj/ship" reference that it's Sam and you-know-who. Personally, I wanted to see her give Agent Barrett a go! :-)

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks, Jumper_One.

you're welcome :)

I guess I can infer from the "sj/ship" reference that it's Sam and you-know-who.

indeed you can

Personally, I wanted to see her give Agent Barrett a go! :-)

that's just wrong ;) :P

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Rodney: Will it leave a scar?
Keller: Chicks dig scars.
Rodney: Not the chicks I dig.

Cory Holmes
February 9th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Jumper_One. I guess I can infer from the "sj/ship" reference that it's Sam and you-know-who. Personally, I wanted to see her give Agent Barrett a go! :-)

Bah! Sam and McKay all the way!

... though Sam/McKay/Keller also has promise... :cool:

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Bah! Sam and McKay all the way!

that too is just wrong ;) :P

:lol:

PG15
February 9th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Definitely the brilliant show of lack-of-words-mastery that was McKay's little speech about Carter and Keller's bodies. Allow me to attempt to transcript it:

McKay: Ok...well, the grappling hook didn't work because the hook wouldn't hold our weight in the soil; the crates didn't work because Sam was too heavy...uh...oh, we-we all would've been, I mean, our weight in general...nothing to do with you, it's ju-just, I mean, you're in very good shape, seriously, are yo-you have, like, uh, it's like the perfect body.

*sees Keller*

McKay (cont'd): Oh, not that you don't. Oh no, no no, I realize that your bodies are different and and, and, uh, uh, maybe that, that, uh, th-that would mean that, that I think that your body is imperfect, but that is not the case. No, no no, far, far-far-far from it. That that-uh, that is jus-sw-swee...uh...wh-which is to say, I mean, it would be impossible for me to choose which of you-

Carter: Rest assured you're never gonna have to.

Keller: Aw, if we kept quiet I bet he would've gone on like that forever.

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM
that scene was awesome :D :lol:

Pharaoh Atem
February 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Meredith telling sam to get down from the bridge

Fenrir Foxz
February 9th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Keller: "Chicks dig scars"...

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Keller: "Chicks dig scars"...

Rodney: Not the chicks I dig ;) :P

Fenrir Foxz
February 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Rodney: Not the chicks I dig ;) :P

:indeed: :D

ykickamoocow
February 9th, 2008, 09:00 PM

Im sure we will see that threesome in some fanfiction in afew weeks :D

Aethon
February 10th, 2008, 12:56 AM
The kids whispering: Think they have some Corn?

Mckay hears the word that starts with p and ends with orn

Gate-builder
February 10th, 2008, 01:48 AM
"Sam was too heavy"

JackHarkness_Hot
February 10th, 2008, 05:44 AM
No specific quote but favourite lines:

Keller: Wait wait wait wait wait wait! Don't pull me up!"
McKay: What? Why?
Keller: I see light!
McKay: No no no no! Don't go towards the light you want to stay in the land of the living!
Keller: No, daylight!

LOL :D

wise one
February 10th, 2008, 07:04 AM
the whole sam and keller body thing was soo funny and how mckay tried to get out of the hole he was digging

Cory Holmes
February 10th, 2008, 07:12 AM
the whole sam and keller body thing was soo funny and how mckay tried to get out of the hole he was digging

And ended up just digging himself deeper and deeper. That's always great to watch :)

We shouldn't have to wait that long! :cool:

iolanda
February 10th, 2008, 07:43 AM

Give me the links! PLEEEAAASSSEEE! :D

dec55
February 10th, 2008, 08:17 AM
One of the best quotes of the season:
Keller to Rodney on the rope about to fall: "Come on Schwarzenegger! Start swinging!"

InUtero
February 10th, 2008, 02:27 PM

McKay: No no no no! Don't go towards the light you want to stay in the land of the living!

Indeed! :cameron:

and...

Sam: "Ok...so...door number two"?

Rodney: "After you monty"!

:cameron:

...Even better!

Rodney: Ok, the celing is like 20 feet
Sam: "25"
Rodney: "Alright 25, so our jackets, tie those to our shirts, even our pants together, should be able to get us up there and support our weight
Keller: "Great" *Starts undressing getting very nearly to her bra*
Sam: "Found rope and lanterns"!
Keller: *Smiles and stops undressing*
Rodney: *Looks VERY disappointed*

Rodney is such a perv, it's great!!

Miss_Izzy
February 10th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Rodney states the obvious about the crates and Sam's response:

McKAY: The crates aren't strong enough to stack.

CARTER: Yeah, I got that, thanks.

Also, Later on when Sam said, "Oh, nuts." I had a friend who used to say that occasionally, so it brought up fond memories. :)

wise one
February 11th, 2008, 02:34 AM
CARTER: D'you need something? Anything. We can get it for you. If you help us, we'll get you whatever you want.

(Boy 2 starts to whisper to his friend. Rodney turns to Sam.)

McKAY: Oh, yes, good. Great idea, yes.

CARTER: Thanks.

McKAY: Maybe you should show ‘em your, um ...

(He gestures to his own chest.)

CARTER: Excuse me?!

McKAY: Hey, I was once a ten year old boy too! I know what gets their attention!

(He mimes lifting up his shirt and showing his chest to the boys.)

CARTER: McKay!

McKAY: What? D'you wanna get out of here or not?!

CARTER: I think we can reason with them without resorting to that, thank you!

McKAY: If you say so.

(He turns to Jennifer hopefully. She rolls her eyes and looks up to the boys.)

the best line i liked

CARTER: Sorry. All my energy's focussed on not screaming in agony.

McKAY: Wonderful(!) OK, well, the grappling hook didn't work because the hook wouldn't hold our weight in the soil; the crates didn't work because Sam was too heavy ...

(Sam turns her head and looks at him indignantly.)

McKAY: Oh, well, we all would've been – I mean our weight in general. Nothing to do with you, you just .. I mean, you're in very good shape, seriously. You have like, uh, the perfect body.

(Jennifer, who had wandered off to find something to use as a pillow for Sam's head, comes back and squats down beside her, glaring up at Rodney darkly.)

McKAY: Oh, not that you don't. Oh, no, no-no, I realise that your bodies are different and-and-and, uh, uh, maybe that would mean that I think that your body is imperfect but that is not the case. No, no-no, far, far, far from it. That is a sweet ... uh, which is to say, I mean, it would be impossible for me to choose which of you ...

CARTER: Rest assured, you're never gonna have to.

KELLER: Aw, if we'd kept quiet, I bet he would have gone on like that forever.

McKAY: OK, I'm sorry. (He gestures towards Jennifer.) What it mean is that you have ...

CARTER: Rodney.

Enzo Aquarius
February 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM
This episode was full of great quotes!

CARTER: Yeah, but with the three of us and this dirt, we've just added, what, three, four hundred pounds?

McKAY (looking down at himself): Uh, I'd say about five hundred.

----

KELLER: Great!

(She unzips her jacket and takes it off as Rodney starts tinkering with the grappling hook. She puts the jacket onto the crate. Rodney looks at her with interest as, gazing up at the ceiling, she crosses her arms and starts to lift her shirt upwards. Just as her bra comes into view, Sam calls out.)

CARTER: Found rope!

(Smiling, Jennifer lowers her shirt down again. Rodney looks disappointed.)

----

McKAY: Are you talking about Neil deGrasse Tyson? He once stole an idea from me. Did I tell you that story?

CARTER: Only about a dozen times, McKay.

----

McKAY: All right. Listen to me, you little brats! I am older than you and I am in charge!

----

McKAY: Would it have killed you to show them ...?

CARTER: Stop it, McKay! It's not gonna happen.

----

McKAY: Carell, but I would pick Jon Stewart over both of them.

----

CARTER (indignantly): McKay!

McKAY: Sorry. Sorry.

CARTER: You just about took my head off!

McKAY: Yeah, but I didn't mean to. It ... slipped.

(Sam picks up the hook and walks into the middle of the floor.)

CARTER: Let me do it.

McKAY (trying to take the hook off her): I can do it.

CARTER: Apparently you can't.

McKAY: I can do it. Just don't stand in front of me ...

MIZA
February 11th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Mckay: Jon Sheppard or ver Steven Colbert, oh wait that didn't happen ?, but it could

ykickamoocow
February 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Mckay: Jon Sheppard or ver Steven Colbert, oh wait that didn't happen ?, but it could

Sice Cater and Keller got Mckay to answer about which male he would prefer it would only have been fair for Carter and Keller to answers what females they woul prefer.

andromeda_dan
February 11th, 2008, 05:18 PM
KELLER: Hey, come on, Schwarzenegger, start swinging.

it's not the quote itself, but the way she said it. had a nice 'new york twang' to the way Jewel said it.

ykickamoocow
February 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM
KELLER: Hey, come on, Schwarzenegger, start swinging.

it's not the quote itself, but the way she said it. had a nice 'new york twang' to the way Jewel said it.

I'll have to take your word for it as the only American accents i can tell apart are the northern accents and the southern accents. I cant tell the difference between a Canadian and a American even though i know there is one.

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I cant tell the difference between a Canadian and a American even though i know there is one.
Eh, bub?

fumblesmcstupid
February 11th, 2008, 07:42 PM
"You know what would be AWESOME?"

"More physical EXERTION!"

"Okay, BREAKS OVER"

All said by McKAY "The reason for EVERYTHING"

EH-T
February 12th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Sam: MacKay, you just about took my head off!

It is not the quote so much but the LOL funniest moment for me was the actual throw. :)

hooverxp
February 12th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I really got to say that I liked the scene, where McKay is explaining to Carter and Keller the situation of his phisical fitness and then suddenly drops into the hole in the ground hilarious. Especialy when he lies on the ground and they ask him, if hes alright. :)

And the next Part I really like is when Sam and Keller also fall and Keller lands on McKay^^

But what I dont understand is how McKay could turn an instant after the two women fell.

PS: sorry for my bad english, but I'm not used to speak or write in english. Im German :)

ykickamoocow
February 12th, 2008, 01:03 PM
PS: sorry for my bad english, but I'm not used to speak or write in english. Im German :)

Ah. If i could choose to speak one other language it would be German but unfortunately i can only say "I am a" in German then i can add some other ranom German word i know. So that means all i can really say is

I am a tank
I am fat
I am a leader

None of which are useful in general conversation :)

hooverxp
February 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Ah. If i could choose to speak one other language it would be German but unfortunately i can only say "I am a" in German then i can add some other ranom German word i know. So that means all i can really say is

I am a tank
I am fat
I am a leader

None of which are useful in general conversation :)

well that might be right, but it's always good to know the german expression for I am a leader^^

Asuran
February 12th, 2008, 07:15 PM
sam: It's not a contest
mckay: Everything is a contest.

I loved Mckay's face when he said that.

Cory Holmes
February 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
But what I dont understand is how McKay could turn an instant after the two women fell.

Reflex action. "Ow. Pain. Just lay here and suffer. Moan a little. Twitch. AIIIIIEEEE! Falling women! *curls into a ball and rolls over for protection*."

Amalthea
February 13th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Rodney: "Right, well, I'm going back to my room, curling up in a fetal position and sleeping for the next three days"

Jennifer: "Oh, well not quite yet"

Rodney: "Hm?" *with a slightly panicked look on his face*

Jennifer: "You owe me a beer. From the bar trick thing earlier. You couldn't figure it out so...

Rodney: "Well there was no time I would have figured it out"

Jennifer: "Yeah, well, eventually, I mean, chimps would have been able to figure it out- but the thing is you didn't so, I win and you owe me a beer."

Rodney: "I don't ever remember agreeing to the beer."

*music starts*

Jennifer: "McKay."

Rodney: "What?"

Jennifer: "Do you want to have a drink with me or not?"

Rodney: *it dawns on him* "Oh-you- you wanna have a drink?!"

Jennifer: "God you're really not very good at this, are you?"

Rodney: "Ah no, no, I am not."

Jennifer: "Come on."

Classic! I loved it!

ykickamoocow
February 13th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Rodney: "Right, well, I'm going back to my room, curling up in a fetal position and sleeping for the next three days"

Jennifer: "Oh, well not quite yet"

Rodney: "Hm?" *with a slightly panicked look on his face*

Jennifer: "You owe me a beer. From the bar trick thing earlier. You couldn't figure it out so...

Rodney: "Well there was no time I would have figured it out"

Jennifer: "Yeah, well, eventually, I mean, chimps would have been able to figure it out- but the thing is you didn't so, I win and you owe me a beer."

Rodney: "I don't ever remember agreeing to the beer."

*music starts*

Jennifer: "McKay."

Rodney: "What?"

Jennifer: "Do you want to have a drink with me or not?"

Rodney: *it dawns on him* "Oh-you- you wanna have a drink?!"

Jennifer: "God you're really not very good at this, are you?"

Rodney: "Ah no, no, I am not."

Jennifer: "Come on."

Classic! I loved it!

That conversation could be interpreted in several ways and has led to quite afew threads on this forum discussing it.

Amalthea
February 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
That conversation could be interpreted in several ways and has led to quite afew threads on this forum discussing it.

Yup, and in every interpretation, I find it hilarious. :)

Aethon
February 13th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I didn't know Sam had a thing for black guys, maybe thats why shes leaving atlantis, to marry Teal'c, ha, wouldn't that be a twist! Teal'c was working in washington and it was indeed 'he' who would retire!

nx01a
February 13th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't say he's 'not much older' than Sam, even before Unending.;)
How old do you think Sam is?!:P

Jill_Ion
February 13th, 2008, 01:32 PM

That's my favorite quote from that ep! LOL!