PDA

View Full Version : McKay and Keller

Ruffles
February 8th, 2008, 08:02 PM
So.... just buds or flirting?

I saw flirting - complimenting him on being nice during the talk about breaking up with Katie. At the end when she asks him for a drink and comments that he isn't very good at "this".

Flirting - yes or no?

Teelie
February 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Flirting maybe but I don't think it'll go beyond just drinks given how McKay still seems to have feelings for Katie.

jenks
February 8th, 2008, 08:32 PM
So.... just buds or flirting?

I saw flirting - complimenting him on being nice during the talk about breaking up with Katie. At the end when she asks him for a drink and comments that he isn't very good at "this".

Flirting - yes or no?

Yes.

any_gopher
February 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Friendsy flirting, and yes, it is possible. I think she was just being a pal.

Ruined_puzzle
February 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yes.

idlewild202
February 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Friendsy flirting, and yes, it is possible. I think she was just being a pal.I really REALLY hope that she was just being a pal *begs that she was just being a pal*

fugiman
February 8th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Yes

But I guess we are going to see which is better brawn vs brain and I got to say that Ronon is some tough competition

txTart
February 8th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I thought it was flirting. And I would not be unhappy if they got a little something something happening. I think Keller would be a good match for Rodney. A million times better match than Katie ever was.

Jeffala
February 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Probably just pals, but maybe she's test driving the guys of Atlantis. I mean, it was Ronon a few weeks ago and now Rodney. Who's next?

I really liked Keller in this episode. Especially her unexpected knowledge of free beer tricks. I wonder what else she's got up her sleeve.

Major_Griff
February 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a little tension between Rodney and Ronon because of Keller. That said, we've had absolutely no evidence that she ever did any thing with either of them. she almost kissed Ronon, and had a drink with Rodney. Not really a big deal in either case.

pristinaheather
February 8th, 2008, 10:07 PM
i have no idea what the flirty nature of keller and mckay in this episode meant, but i would be severely disappointed if anything beyond friendship resulted from it. and if keller is going to continue to "test drive" the atlantis men can we at least get some drama out of it, or more graphic scenes, something? i was looking forward to a bit of ronon/keller, but i could deal with some territorial rivalry between ronon and rodney. of course the outcome would be null, but it would be more interesting as a filler/side story than some of the stuff the writers have given us this year.

KiLL3r
February 8th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Probably just pals, but maybe she's test driving the guys of Atlantis. I mean, it was Ronon a few weeks ago and now Rodney. Who's next?

I really liked Keller in this episode. Especially her unexpected knowledge of free beer tricks. I wonder what else she's got up her sleeve.

i reckon, shes turning into the town bicycle; everybody gets a ride

garhkal
February 8th, 2008, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't mind a little tension between Rodney and Ronon because of Keller. That said, we've had absolutely no evidence that she ever did any thing with either of them. she almost kissed Ronon, and had a drink with Rodney. Not really a big deal in either case.

I would love to see Ronon's reaction.. Maybe their next spar session he gets a little carried away.

Tupopoflungo
February 9th, 2008, 01:46 AM
I think she just falls for every guy she gets trapped with.

Note to men of atlantis: If you do not want a female in your life, spend as little time as possible with keller. especially if something is about to trap you together.

Willow'sCat
February 9th, 2008, 02:01 AM
That said, we've had absolutely no evidence that she ever did any thing with either of them. she almost kissed Ronon, and had a drink with Rodney. Not really a big deal in either case.And Joe M stated on his blog that Keller is single. ;) Free agent as far as I can see. If I was her I would so go for it! :P:D

daisy1979
February 9th, 2008, 03:21 AM

I agree... It would be kinda of funny. But I'm an avid Ronon/Jen shipper.

I don't think she was flirting flirting... just friendly build his confidence around girls flirting. Getting him in the practice. But he may fall for her in the process... like I was saying in another threat, wouldn't it be funny to have Ronon/Rodney racing to the infirmary every 5 seconds after they get back from a mission just to be healed but the doc?

Pharaoh Atem
February 9th, 2008, 03:29 AM
i was confused by the whole scene. guess my lack of social life is to blame

pristinaheather
February 9th, 2008, 04:48 AM
he IS terrible at just about all social interaction, so i would assume he took it as flirting.

Ruffles
February 9th, 2008, 05:43 AM
I thought it was flirting. And I would not be unhappy if they got a little something something happening. I think Keller would be a good match for Rodney. A million times better match than Katie ever was.

I couldn't agree more. She's nice but not a pushover. She'd know when to tell him to get a backbone and shut up.

Me too.

ITA.

And Joe M stated on his blog that Keller is single. ;) Free agent as far as I can see. If I was her I would so go for it! :P:D

As would I. Martin Gero wrote a great Rodney in this ep - snarky, fun, egotistical without being overbearing, brave. I'd snatch him up too.

One question has not yet been asked:

How did McKay interpret it?

Good question. I think he interpreted it as her being interested in him since she had to explain it to him and then said "You're not very good at this, are you?" Maybe it won't go any further than a drink, but I thought he handled it well and it gave his male ego the boost it needed.

TheLoneGunman
February 9th, 2008, 06:09 AM
I think she was giving him a sympathy lay. He'd just broken up with Katie and he'd hurt his hands saving them, so since she's the easy type she felt like making him feel better.

Jeffala
February 9th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Let's hope she's not just being a tease because...

his hands are out of commission for quite a few days so he won't be able to take care of business on his own.

(Not a spoiler, just possibly not suitable to all audiences.)

kymeric
February 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I dunno, did u see the look on rodneys face when she went to take off her shirt? ROFL He looked more scared than when that wraith queen was about to feed on him in spoils of war. XDXDXDXDXD

And to the prudes: theres nothing wrong or unusual with testing the waters for a woman. Yeesh. Even if she went out with a couple guys overlapping its not like shes <edit>ing them. Even if she was soo wut? Are we amish? Do we miss that this happens to BILLIONS of ppl every day. Zomg shes human GET HER!!!1!!11!

Jeffala
February 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I'm not being a prude, I just think it's funny (funny ha-ha, not funny weird).

Of course, her dalliances could cause friction--so to speak--among the guys if any are jealous types.

Teelie
February 9th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I think this is just another excuse to bag on Keller because a few members don't seem to like her. Implying she's willing to sleep with any man on the base, that she jumps from one relationship to the next. If it were Weir, I doubt most of you would be so quick to call her a slut.

Kind of disrespectful IMO even if you don't like the character, jumping far off to conclude she's sleeping them is in poor taste.

Road Dogg JR
February 9th, 2008, 09:34 AM
When I saw this episode last night I said to myself the whole McKay/Keller thing would spark a debate over here at Gateworld, looks like I was right lol.

IMO I hope Keller was just being friendly, 'cause you know we've already seen how a lot of the characters handle romance 'cept for Ronon, he's been around for awhile now carrying the old scars from Sateda with him and now he's just starting to let his guard down and maybe give dating a try again.

any_gopher
February 9th, 2008, 09:41 AM
When I saw this episode last night I said to myself the whole McKay/Keller thing would spark a debate over here at Gateworld, looks like I was right lol.

IMO I hope Keller was just being friendly, 'cause you know we've already seen how a lot of the characters handle romance 'cept for Ronon, he's been around for awhile now carrying the old scars from Sateda with him and now he's just starting to let his guard down and maybe give dating a try again.

I totally agree. I really think she was just being a pal. It's Stargate, not a soap opera.

stclare
February 9th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I saw it as harmless flirting. i think she was trying to show him that they were friends in a non death situation.

God i hope there is no Cannon ship/slash on the show. the o.c and shows like that can have the bed hopping. i would rather see the charcters grow and develope through the good and the bad times together. i dont think to grow you need to bed someone or fight over a woman. i would hope that both Rodney and Ronan are more mature than that.

LadyBozi
February 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM
YES
I Read that Keller breaks Ronon heart and goes on to someone else lol. I don't know if it was a joke but-- Imma guess she goes on to flirt with McKay

Teelie
February 9th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I doubt that spoiler is real even if it was said by one of the cast or crew as I don't believe there's anything there to be heart-broken over.

ykickamoocow
February 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
As i said in another thread did anyone else notice that as sson as McKay suggested making their cloths into some rope Keller started stripping down immediately. She certainly didnt have a problem with McKay seeing her in her underwear.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 11:47 AM

I too loved Keller in this ep and I think it could be either one. He saved her life and she was greatfull. I think it was just a friendly drink though I wouldn't mind if there was a spark there however.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 11:48 AM
As i said in another thread did anyone else notice that as sson as McKay suggested making their choths into some rope Keller started stripping down immediately. She certainly didnt have a problem with McKay seeing her in her underwear.

It was an unusual circumstance however.

andromeda_dan
February 9th, 2008, 12:27 PM
It was an unusual circumstance however.
yup, but even if she has taken her shirt off, the quick glimpse that the camera had on her kinda shows the strapping of a sports under garment, so it probably not even a big deal. Gals wear them everyday in the gym, unfortunately, Rodney maybe a bit deprave to drool over it. However, just seeing a gal in the process of stripping would sure pop the eye balls out of any blu blooded boy..;)

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 01:04 PM
yup, but even if she has taken her shirt off, the quick glimpse that the camera had on her kinda shows the strapping of a sports under garment, so it probably not even a big deal. Gals wear them everyday in the gym, unfortunately, Rodney maybe a pit deprave to drool over it.

Yeah looked that way to me too. It was far too low to be a bra strap.

Zamboni
February 9th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Hmm...

Ronon built a a rocket out of an oxygen canister, Rodney built a cannon out of a gas pipe.

Ronon has bad hair, Rodney has bad hair.

Ronon's name starts with an R, Rodney's name starts with an R...

So in order to get in Keller's pants, you have to

a) build a cannon or rocket out of rudimentary materials,
b) have funky hair
c) have a name that starts with the letter R...

So... Watch out for R-named characters on the show... If he (or she) builds a projectile weapon then we might be seeing yet another potential romantic interest for Keller...

Ya hear that, Woolsey?

Also of note, Keller's character in "Firely" was good friends with River Tam... And romantically involved with her brother... Coincidence? I think not!!!

Detox
February 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Since when did flirting with someone instantly mean you want to jump in bed with them?

Most people flirt with each other, usually just playfully, and hardly meaning anything. I've flirt all the time with my girl "friends" but it doesn't mean I want to start a relationship with them.

Geez people, understand how these things work before throwing out crazy assumptions.

Teelie
February 9th, 2008, 03:25 PM
This thread should be renamed "Keller-haters only" as it seems that's all that's going on is hating.

Zamboni
February 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM
This thread should be renamed "Keller-haters only" as it seems that's all that's going on is hating.

What you talking about? I love Keller!!! She's the cutest girl in the entire SGA cast...

Dobberman
February 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM
In the words of Jewel Staite, it was "a little bit of friendly flirting" ;)

http://www.atlantisarchive.com/pop-up/?p=interviews/dr-kellers-romantic-life

Ruined_puzzle
February 9th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I never said Keller was a slut. I just think she's a flirt which is good in my book because it means she wasn't serious about Ronon. We got saved from that horrible ship. Or at least I hope we did.

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Let's hope she's not just being a tease because...

his hands are out of commission for quite a few days so he won't be able to take care of business on his own.

(Not a spoiler, just possibly not suitable to all audiences.)

I'm thinking of an Ancient device just for such situations. I believe it rhymes with 'flashlight'.:mckay:

dosed150
February 9th, 2008, 04:07 PM
whatever her intentions, i think rodney is the kind of guy who will fall for any girl who shows him the slightest affection

Teelie
February 9th, 2008, 04:18 PM
What you talking about? I love Keller!!! She's the cutest girl in the entire SGA cast...
That's a minority opinion as she keeps being referred to as a slut in this thread. She's not but efforts to alter that line of discussion keep failing. I think it's unfair and offensive but it certainly won't stop the bashers.

Detox
February 9th, 2008, 04:32 PM
In the words of Jewel Staite, it was "a little bit of friendly flirting" ;)

http://www.atlantisarchive.com/pop-up/?p=interviews/dr-kellers-romantic-life

There we go!

Can we close this thread now! And all subsequent Keller bashing threads?

any_gopher
February 9th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Inpa writes: “Will the Rodney/Keller thing be revisited or is it official now?”

Answer: Official? All they did was go out for a drink together. Seriously. Applying that logic, given the number of times Carl and I have been out to dinner together, we should be happily married by now.

Straight from the horse's mouth. Can everyone let go of this silly notion now?

atfan
February 9th, 2008, 07:20 PM
i reckon, shes turning into the town bicycle; everybody gets a ride

Okay jeez is that really necessary can't a girl invite a guy for a drink without her being a slut? I think she is just trying to get Rodney to be more confortable around woman and having a woman friend would be a great start.
Plus I can stop cringing so much during his scenes with women I mean seriously no clue I bet the guy hasn't even gotten laid and with the comments he made maybe you should flash them your **** it's no wonder. :o:o

YutheGreat
February 9th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Definitely flirting.

Atfan has a point, its possible Keller is just quite taken with what McKay did. The guy saved her life doesn't that amount to a little gratitude? It doesn't mean she has to get intimate with McKay though I am not saying their relationship couldn't lead to that.

I mean when we get down to it McKay maybe a little selfish and egotistical as well as a bit afraid but when the going really gets tough he is one reliable individual to have around. It is the reason why I think his character wasn't given his due in Quarantine. Compare this situation with that I mean its totally different character.

As for Mckay vs Ronnon... I can't say. I would love to know Ronnon's reaction to Mckay and Keller together. As well as McKay reaction to Ronnon and Keller in the infirmary.

any_gopher
February 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM
josephmallozzi.wordpress.com

He answered this question just tonight... they're just friends.

Avenger
February 9th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Okay jeez is that really necessary can't a girl invite a guy for a drink without her being a slut? I think she is just trying to get Rodney to be more confortable around woman and having a woman friend would be a great start.

I agree completely. I was out with a friend tonight and she bought me a beer. It was completely innocent. We buy each other beers all the time because we've been friends for years. I don't think Keller's intentions were anymore that collected on the beer she was owed and showing her gratitude for what Rodney did to save everyone's lives.

PG15
February 9th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Didn't you know, Avenger? Any time on Stargate where two people share dialogue that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they're about to die = they've having hot hot sex.

Note that I didn't specify gender.

ykickamoocow
February 9th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Ive thought about it and i wouldnt be upset if the writers do go down the McKeller path in the future. Its certainly a better ship idea than Ronon/Keller.

Killdeer
February 9th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Flirting - yes or no?

Yes. But I have no problems with that. ;)

Avenger
February 9th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Didn't you know, Avenger? Any time on Stargate where two people share dialogue that doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they're about to die = they've having hot hot sex.

Hehehehehe. I forgot about that. I could probably expand on that post, but I happened to like posting here. :P

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 11:49 PM
josephmallozzi.wordpress.com

He answered this question just tonight... they're just friends.
I miss the days when writers/producers/tptb answered questions in the episodes and not on their blogs.

And obviously I don't really think she's banging Rodney, or Ronon for that matter. It's just that the drink this episode and the almost kiss in Quarantine seemed a bit... well, 'Here, take me!"

Actually, I bet she's still a virgin...:P

ykickamoocow
February 9th, 2008, 11:52 PM
I miss the days when writers/producers/tptb answered questions in the episodes and not on their blogs.

Obviously we dont know what will happen in the future. Mallozzi said that they were just friends at the end of "Trio" but didnt specify what will happen in future episodes this season.

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Obviously we dont know what will happen in the future. Mallozzi said that they were just friends at the end of "Trio" but didnt specify what will happen in future episodes this season.
So they were friends till the credits rolled. After that they could have been having mad whoopie all night or Rodney could have been crying in his beer and on her shoulder about Katie. Either way, it'll hopefully be addressed later under the heading of 'character interaction'.

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 12:03 AM
So they were friends till the credits rolled. After that they could have been having mad whoopie all night or Rodney could have been crying in his beer and on her shoulder about Katie. Either way, it'll hopefully be addressed later under the heading of 'character interaction'.

Could be. The writers dont always give us the full story :D

nx01a
February 10th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Could be. The writers dont always give us the full story :D
Which brings us full circle...

I miss the days when writers/producers/tptb answered questions in the episodes and not on their blogs.:D

PG15
February 10th, 2008, 12:06 AM
And I miss the days when fans didn't need everything explained to them like they're 5 year olds.

Oh wait, those days never existed. ;)

any_gopher
February 10th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Ive thought about it and i wouldnt be upset if the writers do go down the McKeller path in the future. Its certainly a better ship idea than Ronon/Keller.

Oh lord, there's a freaking term for the misinterpretation now. WaaaaAAA.

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 12:10 AM

I'm not quite sure why people are getting so upset about the idea. :confused: And why are you so sure it's misinterpretation? Jewel said herself that her character is a "bit of a flirt." Jason has apparently said that Ronon and Keller don't get together, that "she goes off with someone else." I'd say the field is wide open for interpretation right now, however you want to look at it.

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 12:11 AM

Its easy to do as any ship involving Rodney has the first letters "Mc" then the name of the other person.

eg

McWeir
McTeyla
McSheppard

Detox
February 10th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Its easy to do as any ship involving Rodney has the first letters "Mc" then the name of the other person.

eg

McWeir
McTeyla
McSheppard

McMckay?

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 12:12 AM
McMckay?

Ive seen that one aswell.

nx01a
February 10th, 2008, 12:13 AM
And I miss the days when fans didn't need everything explained to them like they're 5 year olds.

Oh wait, those days never existed. ;)
I love a bit of ambiguity. If they didn't make eye contact for a few episodes or were really angry at each other for no apparent reason, hmm...
I just prefer not having to go to a blog to read 'Oh, that scene would have explained everything but we didn't have time' or somesuch to explain something about an episode. To be honest, I've been to that blog once and haven't gone back. The episodes themselves guide the fan, not what the producer says.
Hence my BAMSR problems... but that's another story.

TheLoneGunman
February 10th, 2008, 06:29 AM
That's a minority opinion as she keeps being referred to as a slut in this thread. She's not but efforts to alter that line of discussion keep failing. I think it's unfair and offensive but it certainly won't stop the bashers.

Just because somebody calls somebody else a slut doesn't mean they're bashers. Sheppard is a ManWhore if there ever was one and he's one of my favorites. I say as long as she's got that perky body she should slut around to whomever she can.

ashman2
February 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'm going to wait and see if anything does actually happen between these two, but I think it has the potential to be one of the best 'couplings' on the show.

Teelie
February 10th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Just because somebody calls somebody else a slut doesn't mean they're bashers. Sheppard is a ManWhore if there ever was one and he's one of my favorites. I say as long as she's got that perky body she should slut around to whomever she can.

When compared with the relatively well-liked Sheppard and the almost raging hatred I've seen for Keller "replacing" Carson it doesn't quite have the same ring as a harmless or in-jest comment but another slight against her.

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'm going to wait and see if anything does actually happen between these two, but I think it has the potential to be one of the best 'couplings' on the show.

It certainly looked like one of the most natural and least forced potential relationship in the show for a good long while.

mrtvr4
February 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
He would have chopped her for sure, she was bang up for it.
Silly shippers :)

Avenger
February 10th, 2008, 10:00 AM

Only if he's sleeping with the women he's flirty with. Otherwise, he''s just a flirt. Same with Keller, she's not a slut unless she's actually sleeping around.

any_gopher
February 10th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I'm not quite sure why people are getting so upset about the idea. :confused: And why are you so sure it's misinterpretation? Jewel said herself that her character is a "bit of a flirt." Jason has apparently said that Ronon and Keller don't get together, that "she goes off with someone else." I'd say the field is wide open for interpretation right now, however you want to look at it.

Might I direct you to the 2-9-08 entry of josephmallozzi.blogspot.com

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Might I direct you to the 2-9-08 entry of josephmallozzi.blogspot.com

I've read it - I'm not sure what you're getting at. He also said that Keller was single after the events of Quarantine. In my mind, that means that neither ship is canon right now, so why can't people interpret it however they choose?

jelgate
February 10th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I've read it - I'm not sure what you're getting at. He also said that Keller was single after the events of Quarantine. In my mind, that means that neither ship is canon right now, so why can't people interpret it however they choose?

90% of the ships people come up with aren't canon.

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 10:49 AM
90% of the ships people come up with aren't canon.

:lol: I'd agree with that. I don't believe Atlantis has a canon 'ship right now, since Rodney/Katie is over.

PG15
February 10th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I just prefer not having to go to a blog to read 'Oh, that scene would have explained everything but we didn't have time' or somesuch to explain something about an episode. To be honest, I've been to that blog once and haven't gone back. The episodes themselves guide the fan, not what the producer says.

Then don't let them guide what you say.

But really, do you expect the characters to just tell you that "hey, we're just friends, ok?" Because it was fairly obvious that that was all it was. It ain't the producers' fault if the fans can't figure it out. After all, we don't want them to appeal to the lowest common denominator (not that you're one, or anything; just in general) and have to talk slowly so EVERY fan understands what's happening.

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Because it was fairly obvious that that was all it was.

I don't agree that it was fairly obvious that it was just friends - I think it was open to interpretation. But I also don't understand why people interpreting it differently is a problem. It's not a major issue - if I see it as flirting and you don't, so what? :confused:

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Then don't let them guide what you say.

But really, do you expect the characters to just tell you that "hey, we're just friends, ok?" Because it was fairly obvious that that was all it was. It ain't the producers' fault if the fans can't figure it out. After all, we don't want them to appeal to the lowest common denominator (not that you're one, or anything; just in general) and have to talk slowly so EVERY fan understands what's happening.

I dont consider myself a dumb person but the last scene was confusing and could have been interpreted in several different ways so i dont blame anyone for coming up with either "She is asking him out on a date" or the "Friends having a drink together" as both were possibilities.

PG15
February 10th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Well, as long as they're willing to accept that their interpretation could be wrong (so they don't badger TPTB for moving the plot in a direction differently from what they thought happened), then I guess it's all good.

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Here's a quote from a Gateworld article discussing Trio.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/09/staite_trio_is_a_turning_point.shtml

The writers also provided an opportunity for a romantic moment between Keller and one of the show's regulars. "I've had a yummy moment with someone yummy ... but not necessarily a guest star!" Staite teased. "She actually has a couple [of romantic interests]. She's a bit of a flirt! I don't know where that came from. I always play these shameless flirts. I don't know why that is. It has nothing to do with me.

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 11:06 AM
If i were given the choice between Ronon/Keller and McKay/Keller i would chose McKay/Keller every time as it felt far more natural and less forced than Ronon/Keller in "Quarantine".

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 11:08 AM
If i were given the choice between Ronon/Keller and McKay/Keller i would chose McKay/Keller every time as it felt far more natural and less forced than Ronon/Keller in "Quarantine".

I'd agree with that. I certainly don't have my heart set on McKay/Keller by any means, but it was cute, and far less nausea-inducing than the Quarantine scene. :lol: (for the record, I really didn't have any opinion on Ronon/Keller until Quarantine) But then I prefer my romance with more snark and less sap. As Dean Winchester would say, "No chick flick moments!" :D

ykickamoocow
February 10th, 2008, 11:14 AM
I'd agree with that. I certainly don't have my heart set on McKay/Keller by any means, but it was cute, and far less nausea-inducing than the Quarantine scene. :lol: (for the record, I really didn't have any opinion on Ronon/Keller until Quarantine) But then I prefer my romance with more snark and less sap. As Dean Winchester would say, "No chick flick moments!" :D

I agree completely. One of the reasons i hated the McKay/Brown relationship. If McKay is going to have another relationship i only hope that it is with a strong character who is willing to tell him when he is being a arse and i think that is one fo the reasons McKay fell for Carter as deep down i think McKay knows that he needs a strong woman. Katie Brown's personality was as week as warm butter.

dec55
February 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM

Keller and Mckay seemed more cordial friendly than romantic.

Keller and Ronon seemed......well they almost kissed....:lol

Definitely had a deeper attraction on a different level.

Sexual tension, expressing personal infomation etc....

When Ronon and Teyla hung out together, you always sensed he didn't

want to get between Sheppard and Teyla...if they ever decided to get

together.

With Keller, Ronon saw similar traits with the last person he loved in her.

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Keller and Mckay seemed more cordial friendly than romantic.

Keller and Ronon seemed......well they almost kissed....:lol

Definitely had a deeper attraction on a different level.

Sexual tension, expressing personal infomation etc....

When Ronon and Teyla hung out together, you always sensed he didn't

want to get between Sheppard and Teyla...if they ever decided to get

together.

With Keller, Ronon saw similar traits with the last person he loved in her.

It's all a matter of perspective I guess. The Quarantine scene was just too high-school romance for me. She's crushing on Ronon because he's the big hunky guy - the "football star". I liked the playful banter between Rodney and Keller much better.

And I've never had any sense that Ronon was worried about getting between Sheppard and Teya. While I don't believe Ronon and Teyla are a couple, I do think they're a lot closer than Shep and Teyla are. And I think Ronon knows Teyla better than just about anyone.

And the whole comparison with Melena thing is kind of bizarre, just from my perspective. :) You would never know - is Ronon really interested in Keller, or is he just seeing his lost lover that he wasn't able to save?

nx01a
February 10th, 2008, 12:01 PM
You would never know - is Ronon really interested in Keller, or is he just seeing his lost lover that he wasn't able to save?
Same with Rodney and Katie. Minus the death thing. Maybe Keller goes for the ones with recent messy breakups?:mckay::ronan: Shep just lost his dad and encountered his ex. He's up next!:sheppard::P

Seriously, the last scene is definitely open for debate. I think it was her shameless flirting which may or may not have led to more, considering Rodney's lack of social skills. I don't want any pandering from tptb, just characters reacting to events in previous episodes, whether that's a drink that made them friends or a drink that made them, well, do very non-PG things.

maxbo
February 10th, 2008, 12:06 PM

I agree. Although my first choice would be no ship at all, if TPTB is determined to ship Keller then I would rather see her with Rodney than with Ronon - at least based on what I saw in Quarantine and Trio. In Trio, the Rodney/Keller scenes were snappy and funny as opposed to the cringe-inducing, bad romance-novel-like Ronon/Keller scenes in Quarantine.

"No chick flick moments!" Gotta love Dean Winchester! :lol:

In Quarantine, Ronon was so out of character that his scenes with Keller played out like bad fanfic. The kind where the only things recognizable about the characters are their names.

Killdeer
February 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM
"No chick flick moments!" Gotta love Dean Winchester! :lol:

Oh I do. :D

"In Quarantine, Ronon was so out of character that his scenes with Keller played out like bad fanfic. The kind where the only things recognizable about the characters are their names.

LOL - I've accidently ventured into a few of those. :eek: My eyes, my eyes! :D

In all seriousness, I suspect I wouldn't be overly crazy about McKay/Keller either were the writers to get deeply serious about it. But as long as it stays on a fun, bantering level, I'm happy. :)

PG15
February 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I don't see how Ronon was out of character. Have we really seen him being alone with a girl that's not Teyla before? How can they be out of character when they're in a situation their character has never been in before? Obviously he'll act differently than how he acted in the past.

Road Dogg JR
February 10th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I rewatched this a little bit ago... she seems to have a thing for Radek as well o_O

maxbo
February 10th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I don't see how Ronon was out of character. Have we really seen him being alone with a girl that's not Teyla before? How can they be out of character when they're in a situation their character has never been in before? Obviously he'll act differently than how he acted in the past.

Why would you assume that he would react differently because Keller's female? It wasn't like Quarantine was the first time they had ever spoken to each other. We've seen him in several scenes with Keller before Quarantine and I didn't seen anything in those scenes to prepare me for Quarantine-Ronon.

No, we haven't seen him get stuck in a hospital room with a woman (or a man for that matter before), but we have seen him stuck on a hive ship with Rodney (another whiner), we've also seen him calmly blow off an attractive woman's attention in Tao of Rodney, we also know that he's a man of few words, unless necessary and we know that he's not good at just waiting around. In other words, we've seen nothing to indicate that he would suddenly become a fawning, giddy, chatterbox with Keller just because they were alone so - yes, he was out of character for me and that's largely why I didn't enjoy his scenes with her.

PG15
February 10th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I don't see any similarities between the scenes you cited and the one in Quarantine besides the obvious. All other scenes between them in the past have be brief and quick, usually because Ronon hurt himself. And yes, I would imagine he'd act differently around girls than boys (don't we all?), especially if the girl reminds him of his dead lover (call it creepy all you want, but there is a connection there). Added to that, they were stuck and had nothing to do, and there's no immediate danger (i.e. not the Rodney-Ronon situation where they had to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible), so all there is left is to talk.

In fact, rewatching that scene just now, it was Keller who came up with the idea of talking to get to know each other (which Ronon didn't actually respond to at first). Ronon only responded to ask Keller if she's ok, and things snowballed from there.

Visno
February 11th, 2008, 02:48 AM
This is just bad writing. When did Mckay become a ladies man? He seems so repulsive why show this side of him. I really find this irritating.

stclare
February 11th, 2008, 06:37 AM
This is just bad writing. When did Mckay become a ladies man? He seems so repulsive why show this side of him. I really find this irritating.

If he needs educating in the ways of women, he can come right on over here. I dont find him repulsive at all.

Ladies man? I dont see that at all. Hes had one serious-ish? relashionship in 4 years that showed he was realy unsure how to do the dating thing. 1 beer with a co-worker. Allina was him still being unsure as to how woman percieve him.

I thing this season is showing a lot more romantic envolvement between charcters. i.e fliting ect. its not something I enjoy and i hope that it does not become the basis of any more eps. casual comments such as the beer thing i dont think are a problem. Larrins and shpes constant flirting did nothing for me. Different fans have different balances I think for these types of things. a few minutes works for me 40 mins of flirting does not.

each to there own I suppose :)

Detox
February 11th, 2008, 12:38 PM

It's not bad writing, it's just you have no sense of imagination.

Avenger
February 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM

I'm sorry, but how in the world was McKay even remotely close to being a ladies man?

nx01a
February 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry, but how in the world was McKay even remotely close to being a ladies man?
A pre-teen wants to marry him.
Score!

stclare
February 12th, 2008, 01:52 AM
A pre-teen wants to marry him.
Score!

There's something ver wrong with that sentence :S

Opener
February 12th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Keller's thing was the way someone wuld act towards someone else who'd been exceptionally heroic at the potential cost of their own lives. She talked to him as a person would who'd been through a life-or-death situation with him.

Her comment about how he isn't very good at this struck me as more witty, respectful banter than an actual come-on.

Lythisrose
February 12th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I honestly didn't see the interaction between the two as any kind of prelude to a "relationship." It seemed to just be banter between two people who have just gone through alot together and are now better friends. They can joke back and forth without it leading to anything more serious and I see people do this all the time "in real life." :)

hooverxp
February 12th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Hi

i'm new in this forum and i'm not from an english speaking country so excuse my bad english :)

I think, that this thing between Keller and McKay is nothing more, than a flirt between two friend although i really hope, that there might me something between them in the futur, because someone like Rodney having a relationship with someone like Keller would be a moral support for every SGA fan who is shy infront of cute women.

ykickamoocow
February 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Hi

i'm new in this forum and i'm not from an english speaking country so excuse my bad english :)

I think, that this thing between Keller and McKay is nothing more, than a flirt between two friend although i really hope, that there might me something between them in the futur, because someone like Rodney having a relationship with someone like Keller would be a moral support for every SGA fan who is shy infront of cute women.

Your English is very good :)

After "Trio" i am now a McKay/Keller shipper. I didnt even think about the pairing until after i had watched "Trio" but i just really like the interaction between the 2 characters and there seemed to a natural chemistry between the two unlike the Ronon/Keller scene in "Quarantine" which seemed very forced and unnatural.

StevenCaldwell
February 12th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think it was flirting, they way she ask McKay to go for a drink, was def flirting!!

But what about the ep quarantine when she was getting very close with Ronon. What will happen?

txTart
February 12th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I agree completely. One of the reasons i hated the McKay/Brown relationship. If McKay is going to have another relationship i only hope that it is with a strong character who is willing to tell him when he is being a arse and i think that is one fo the reasons McKay fell for Carter as deep down i think McKay knows that he needs a strong woman. Katie Brown's personality was as week as warm butter.

YES! Well said.

Amalthea
February 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Of course it was flirting? And so what if it was? Everybody at one point in their life has flirted with someone else and then it has gone nowhere.

If it will eventually come to that, I think it's a decent paring. I didn't mind Ronon-Keller as long as they thought about it and it wasn't some Freudian thing on Ronon's part. lol Rodney-Katie was ok, but as Jeanie noted, she was just too good for him. I take "good" in the "positive" definition. Someone that positive with someone that negative is doomed to failure.

Keller and McKay are much, much more alike. They could one day have super-smart, wimpy babies!

nx01a
February 13th, 2008, 01:14 PM
She'll have to teach Rodney about the birds and the bees first.

metafor
February 13th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Keller seemed like the impressionable nerd-chick in that episode (and in fact, in all of them). It isn't very far-fetched to think she'd develop a liking to McKay. I think she understands his inadequacies towards women and finds it amusing. All very natural. As to whether the two would work out or not, that's another story.

McKay, at this point, probably doesn't even suspect any romance in it as was apparent in his reactions. I don't think he's even entertained the possibility that Keller was interested. He probably read the invitation to drinks as a post-field-work social thing.

ykickamoocow
February 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
She'll have to teach Rodney about the birds and the bees first.

In a commentary (i think for the episode "Sunday") there was a scene between Katie Brown and Mchay and originally they played it liek McKay and Brwon were very uncomfotable around each other until the writer came up and told them that their characters had had sex before so there is no need for them to play the scene as if Rodney and Katie were uncomfortable around each other. Its safe to assume that McKay and Brown had sex.

Saying that i apsolutely hated that pairing and im glad its over. I do actually think that McKay/Keller could be a good pairing as the chemistry between the two characters on screen is obvious and Keller and McKay both seemed to be more likable around each other.

Cory Holmes
February 13th, 2008, 02:56 PM
After "Trio" i am now a McKay/Keller shipper.

Don't forget about Carter/McKay/Keller OT3ness! :cool:

ykickamoocow
February 13th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Don't forget about Carter/McKay/Keller OT3ness! :cool:

How could i forget that :D

KindlyKeller
February 14th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I saw it as harmless flirting. i think she was trying to show him that they were friends in a non death situation.

God i hope there is no Cannon ship/slash on the show. the o.c and shows like that can have the bed hopping. i would rather see the charcters grow and develope through the good and the bad times together. i dont think to grow you need to bed someone or fight over a woman. i would hope that both Rodney and Ronan are more mature than that.

I would hope viewers are mature enough to understand that relationships between people who work in close quarters happen and aren't inherently 'immature.' That's a bizarre argument to make.

Personally, I enjoyed their interaction very much, and I HOPE it is indicative of something happening between them in the future. You can include a relationship in the show without it overshadowing the general plot, especially with people like McKay and Keller, who are pretty discreet. I mean, who knew Rodney and Katie were even together until the quarantine episode?

KindlyKeller
February 14th, 2008, 10:11 PM

Absolutely right.

KindlyKeller
February 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM

You'll find about 30 - 50 women on here who don't find him in any way repulsive.

KindlyKeller
February 14th, 2008, 10:37 PM
YES! Well said.

In a commentary (i think for the episode "Sunday") there was a scene between Katie Brown and Mchay and originally they played it liek McKay and Brwon were very uncomfotable around each other until the writer came up and told them that their characters had had sex before so there is no need for them to play the scene as if Rodney and Katie were uncomfortable around each other. Its safe to assume that McKay and Brown had sex.

Saying that i apsolutely hated that pairing and im glad its over. I do actually think that McKay/Keller could be a good pairing as the chemistry between the two characters on screen is obvious and Keller and McKay both seemed to be more likable around each other.

Yeah, I think they're extremely well-suited. They can have their fun, ribbing banter together, but they can both tone it down and have some sweet, quiet moments, and they're both extremely uneasy about dangerous situations, but always rise to the occasion.

stclare
June 6th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I would hope viewers are mature enough to understand that relationships between people who work in close quarters happen and aren't inherently 'immature.' That's a bizarre argument to make.

Personally, I enjoyed their interaction very much, and I HOPE it is indicative of something happening between them in the future. You can include a relationship in the show without it overshadowing the general plot, especially with people like McKay and Keller, who are pretty discreet. I mean, who knew Rodney and Katie were even together until the quarantine episode?

Im not sure where i said that viewers were immature? i also dont feel its a bizarre sentament to what to get to know these charcters better without the need to see there love lives, especialy when they are new as Keller is. I would like to get to know Keller better through her work and through friendship, why is that bizarre?

naamiaiset
June 6th, 2008, 09:07 AM
don't get your hopes up yet, because...
in "tracker" in S5, it becomes a ronon/mckay/keller love triangle. :S

Pic
June 6th, 2008, 10:02 AM
don't get your hopes up yet, because...
in "tracker" in S5, it becomes a ronon/mckay/keller love triangle. :S

Let's hope it's not anything like the quadrangle of doom in BSG. ;) I couldn't resist throwing that in

On a serious note, I'm just along for the ride. Whatever story they want to tell me - I'm ok with it. McKay/Keller or no McKay/Keller

Does that make me a bad fan?:mckay:

naamiaiset
June 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
^ it makes you an indifferent fan. I don't really care where they take it either, so long as this triangle doesn't become a reference in every other episode.

LawgSkrak
July 9th, 2008, 01:35 AM
I've flirt all the time with my girl "friends" but it doesn't mean I want to start a relationship with them.

Yeah you do. Just admit it.

;)

Rac80
July 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM

LOL I remember that attitude from High School! ;)

too true, and when a man is interested they tend to act waaaay OOC. ;) (at least my hubby does!;) )

OH I did, it was obvious in Sunday and then in Miller's Crossing, his sister drills him about it! she even tells him to marry katie, cause she is a nice girl who like him. ;)

Ilana
July 26th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Watching this for the second time, and I think that Keller is having her high school love life now. She skipped 3 grades and never "belonged" as she told Ronan. Now that she's feeling useful and comfortable in Atlantis, she's spreading her wings as it were. Hanging out with the boys in the class.... It would be interesting what the writers do if one of the boys responds strongly to her. Could she handle it, and how?

=SGA=Jason_Binn
July 26th, 2008, 11:08 AM
this thing between mckay and keller is just respect and maybe a little pity havent seen anything strong except in last man but that timeline was destroyed

naamiaiset
July 28th, 2008, 04:37 PM
this thing between mckay and keller is just respect and maybe a little pity havent seen anything strong except in last man but that timeline was destroyed
that'll change in "tracker". :S

Jeffala
July 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM
that'll change in "tracker". :S

Is it time to break out the "Jennifer got some booty! Some booty! Some what? What? Jennifer got some booty" dance?

You know, to steal from Scrubs' "Elliot Got Some Booty" dance?

naamiaiset
July 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Is it time to break out the "Jennifer got some booty! Some booty! Some what? What? Jennifer got some booty" dance?

You know, to steal from Scrubs' "Elliot Got Some Booty" dance?
it's a ronon-keller-mckay love triangle in the episode.

you decide. ;)

Jeffala
July 28th, 2008, 05:02 PM
it's a ronon-keller-mckay love triangle in the episode.

you decide. ;)

Hmm... Maybe they'll need to sing it twice. ;)

naamiaiset
July 30th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Hmm... Maybe they'll need to sing it twice. ;)
:lol: sounds about right.