Major Paul Davis/Colin Cunningham Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    anything where's he's the slightest bit undressed.
    Well.... clothes on.... sorry....
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

And another for good measure (both from S3's Foothold)...
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
        That would be more than okay... that would be....

*thunk*
        I think i hear the thunking from across the Atlantic...

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
          And another for good measure (both from S3's Foothold)...
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...G1/FHpaul2.jpg
          Oh ShimmeringStar, these are very nice pictures of our Major. Shouldn't he be getting a promotion soon???
          Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by Critter
            Shouldn't he be getting a promotion soon???
            He's been one for at least six years... so it's not unreasonable that he's still a major.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              He's been one for at least six years... so it's not unreasonable that he's still a major.
              I didn't think one would be a major for that long...either a promotion or retirement. I suppose it depends on the job. I know you can be a captain for what feels like forever but a major????
              Desperate Thunker

Comment

I didn't think one would be a major for that long...either a promotion or retirement. I suppose it depends on the job. I know you can be a captain for what feels like forever but a major????
                You can spend quite a while in those middle ranks. You don't have to retire until you miss your second promotion.

Comment

You can spend quite a while in those middle ranks. You don't have to retire until you miss your second promotion.
                  Well.....let's petition to have Major Davis promoted. I mean really...we are working hard on the
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack and Sam Shipper Resolution (put in spoiler brackets so I don't offend any non-shippers).

So we may as well add the wonderful Major Davis to our work list as well.
                  Desperate Thunker

Comment

Well.....let's petition to have Major Davis promoted. I mean really...we are working hard on the
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack and Sam Shipper Resolution (put in spoiler brackets so I don't offend any non-shippers).

So we may as well add the wonderful Major Davis to our work list as well.
                    He is wonderful. I love his interaction with Daniel in 48 Hours.

Comment

I am really looking forward to seeing him again this season. I don't even know what it is about him but I have always loved his character.
                      Desperate Thunker

Comment

Well my goodness...

We musn't let any of these Thunk Threads go 2nd page on us!

Bringing MPD back to Page 1....

Comment

MAJ Fischer said:
                          <<You can spend quite a while in those middle ranks. You don't have to retire until you miss your second promotion.>>

Yes, but most of the majors I've known over the past ten years are now LTC or COL. The only people I know who are still MAJ after that long either (1) missed two promo panels and are out, or (2) are reservists who are no longer active. (Admittedly, the number of majors I've known is a VERY small sample.)

Also doesn't make sense, from what I've seen in RW, that a MAJ would be assigned to the "five-sided nut house" (Pentagon) for so long. Of course, we're assuming that he has not been rotated to other assignments in the meantime...that would explain his absence in S7. *grin*

Gilder
                          *who isn't military but lives in "Military City, USA" and volunteers with AFES/Red Cross*
                          Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

I think i hear the thunking from across the Atlantic...
                            lol!

Post more! Post more!!!

Comment

just a question - how can you *miss*a promotion?

and can they really force you to retire??

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                                just a question - how can you *miss*a promotion?

and can they really force you to retire??
                                I suppose you can be overlooked or like what happened at my work, your boss has a favourite...

they could probably make life really difficult for you so that you wanted to retire...Major F would know more... Major F??

*just so we don't get too serious can someone post some thunking pics?*

Comment

Working...
                                X