Number of milkyway gate addreses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of milkyway gate addreses

There are 1,987,690,320 gate addreses in the Milkyway Galaxy. There are 1,168,675,200 in the Pegasus galaxy. Want my opinon? That´s alot of exploring to do. Lol.
    sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Originally posted by Dr.Jónsson View Post
    There are 1,987,690,320 gate addreses in the Milkyway Galaxy. There are 1,168,675,200 in the Pegasus galaxy. Want my opinon? That´s alot of exploring to do. Lol.
    where are the numbers from?

Comment

Most likely by doing the permutation with all the symbols on the gates. However, it is stated that they tried hundreds of permutations to no avail. I don't think it is ever stated how many addresses there are.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
        Most likely by doing the permutation with all the symbols on the gates. However, it is stated that they tried hundreds of permutations to no avail. I don't think it is ever stated how many addresses there are.
        Well, wikipedia, but there are millions of planets not explored yet in the milkyway, but they never will explore the milkyway again because SG-1 is over.
        sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Comment

Wikipedia's information probably came in the way I said, Someone did the permutation to figure out how many 6 symbol addresses there are, and that's what they put up there...but as I said, there are possibilities that the SGC could not get a lock on..which means not all of those permutations are actually planets...

Comment

another thing to keep in mind is that not al planets harboring life (inteligent or otherwise) are in the gate network, for a simple reason, the Anchients would not put a gate on a 50G planet tavelers would eb squished the moments they steped though.

Comment

Just because there are 1,987,690,320 addreses doesn't mean the Ancients actually built 1,987,690,320 Stargates. Also the SGC can't get a lock on some gates which means that they may well have been destroyed, buired or moved to another planet.
              sigpic

Comment

While there are millions of possible combintions It has been stated that there are only a few thousand stargates.

In "disclosure"(?) where hammod and major Davis are telling ambasadors about the Stargate Davis states that hundreds of worlds have been visited, and thousands remain to be explored.

I forget which episdode but Socar was still alive, the bounty hunter tells SG1 he has been to over 2000 worlds.

i would guesstimate that the MW has between 5 and 10 thousand habitable worlds.

Comment

Many of those co-ordinates would go into empty space aswell, they don't have a stargate for every single co-ordinates.
                  Best quotes ever:
                  O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                  Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                  Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                  Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                  Thor:I like the yellow ones
                  O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Those are just the number of POSSIBLE addresses not the number of actual addresses. Only a few thousand are actual planets.

Vala,

Comment

Maybe I'm being silly, but shouldn't there only be as many gates as there are possible points of origin..that is there should only be 39 gates because 2 gates shouldn't share a point of origin. Because the point of origin is one of the 39 gate symbols, right?

Comment

Working...
                      X