This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Uniforms

Hæ, the Atlantis uniforms have changed, Sheppard mainly wears a leather jacket, with what looks like BDUs, Tayla, wear´s sluty tight leather pants, and it looks like Rodney McKay wears a BDUs with a black Wep G8 flight jacket. They all wear the Black Hawk Omega vest, but McKays a civilian scientist, so why does he wear the same boots as Tayla and Sheppard?
    sigpicDr.Bj�rn ��r J�nsson

ATA gene natural carrier.

Probably each person is allowed to wear the kind of footwear they prefer, and although most of the civilians/scientists wear trainers, if Rodney also wears boots in Atlantis (he does?) probably is because now he could be used to them, as off-world probably boots are the obligatory footwear (off-world they seem more useful and secure than trainers, that's for sure!)

Comment

Originally posted by dana_carter_sgx View Post
      Probably each person is allowed to wear the kind of footwear they prefer, and although most of the civilians/scientists wear trainers, if Rodney also wears boots in Atlantis (he does?) probably is because now he could be used to them, as off-world probably boots are the obligatory footwear (off-world they seem more useful and secure than trainers, that's for sure!)
      I agree with that also in the episode duet, didn't becket wear kicks or tennis shoes when he jumped away from the dart

Comment

What you have to remember is that this is essentially a special forces operation. Everyone would have been trained in those tactics, and while the armed forces are military, as spec ops they have a certain attitude that says to do what works best regardless of protocol. So each person would wear what works best for them beyond the general mission requirements. McKay and Shep could wear whatever worked best for them, and they probably aren't as strict when it comes to the civilians. As long as the eggheads produce, the government won't really care all that much beyond what Weir/Carter recommends.
        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

My opinion is this: They are in an entirely different galaxy so they can wear what they want.
          Actually it is a special forces operation so they just wear whatever works.

Comment

Since Rodney goes goes on a lot of offworld missions and possibly on rough terrain he may prefer boots, perhaps when they left for atlantis they only had them and when they got back in contact with earth they were used to them. That or it's the latest PG fashion, even the wraith wear boots.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
            X