PDA

View Full Version : Kavanagh??? season 5

Wraith My Mind
February 8th, 2008, 09:05 AM
do we want Kavanagh in season five????

he's the scientist we all love to hate! he's not been seen for a while and I think it's time he came back, least for a few episodes, couldn't stand home for much longer!!!

wot does everyone else think?

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM

he's the scientist we all love to hate! he's not been seen for a while and I think it's time he came back, least for a few episodes, couldn't stand home for much longer!!!

Not me. I just hate him. He's not like Kinsey which was a character i loved to hate.

Fenrir Foxz
February 8th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Not me. I just hate him. He's not like Kinsey which was a character i loved to hate.

I agree and Kinsey was a good bad guy...

Kavanagh is a character I'd be happy to see KIA :D

Ice Wolf
February 8th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I'd love to see Kavanagh back.

If only to see him make a disparaging comment about Weir and then get decked by Sheppard because. Then when he complains about what Sheppard being told that his lucky that he came out off it that easily.

And of course he'd have to get fed on by a wraith or die in some excruciating or comical way.

Fenrir Foxz
February 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM

If only to see him make a disparaging comment about Weir and the then get decked by Sheppard because. Then when he complains about what Sheppard being told that his lucky that he came out off it that easily.

And of course he'd have to get fed on by a wraith or die in some excruciating or comical way.

:lol:

I would definately love to see that :D

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2008, 10:57 AM

I would definately love to see that :D

Me too though personally I want him shoved out the airlock after being kicked in the balls by Carter.

Ice Wolf
February 8th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Me too though personally I want him shoved out the airlock after being kicked in the balls by Carter.

Would be more fitting if a Weir did it (totally out OOC but more fitting).

nx01a
February 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Wraith fodder? Oh noooo. I can see it now...

I can see him now, he's either on the mainland or offworld because there're lots of trees that make it look like Vancouver, although it isn't.
He's gotten lost, thinking his way through the forest to the energy readings was the right way, although it isn't.
He hears something behind him, turns and sees who he thinks is Weir, although technically it isn't.
He says something to her that pisses her off and she sticks her hand in his head, torturing him to death. This doesn't have to be his final appearance becase Weir could just keep replicating him ad nauseum to torture and kill, although we hope it is.

ToasterOnFire
February 8th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Sure! Let's add Kav to s5 along with Woolsey and Keller. Then we can rename the show to "Stargate: Whiners" :D

jelgate
February 8th, 2008, 11:13 AM
I think Todd is a little hungry

Fenrir Foxz
February 8th, 2008, 11:17 AM

I would really love to see that! :D

I think Todd is a little hungry

Quick lets throw Kavanagh to him...

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Would be more fitting if a Weir did it (totally out OOC but more fitting).

What about Shep? He is the one Kav was basically willing to let die.

PG15
February 8th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Sure! Let's add Kav to s5 along with Woolsey and Keller. Then we can rename the show to "Stargate: Whiners" :D

Sorry, but I believe that's already the name of a documentary covering the Stargate fandom.

You know, like "Trekkies". ;)

melfan
February 8th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Not really
He's not been around for a few seasons and I don't see what he has to contribute.
We have McKay and Zelenka and a bunch of other scientist who can have his part in the series, but Kavanaugh is just over the top, I don't like him!
Not even like to hate him, like I do with certain characters on the show.
Kavanaugh is just an annoying little ****!
If they have to have him on the show, let it be wraith food! :wraith:

jenks
February 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM

Definitely, Stargate needs more antagonists are in that gray area, and not just cliche bad guys...

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM

now that'd definitely be an awesome sight :D

Prometheus 1
February 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
i'd like to see him come back, get kicked in the balls and have sheppard push a vending machine on top of him

JohnRico
February 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I want him to be Todds next offering

idlewild202
February 8th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Um... let me think about this one.... NO

Though, he would make great wraith fodder! lol.

Elitenova
February 8th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Kavanaugh gets eaten by the Wraith in Midway

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM

I'm looking forward to it :D

Fenrir Foxz
February 8th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Really?... I mean, this is no joke right?

I'm looking forward to it :D

Yup, I will be too :D

melfan
February 9th, 2008, 01:40 AM

well I sure hope so! If he would be eaten, I would laugh!
wraithfoooood :wraith: ahoy!

metabog
February 9th, 2008, 01:43 AM
well I sure hope so! If he would be eaten, I would laugh!
wraithfoooood :wraith: ahoy!

I hope not, I enjoyed his character.

melfan
February 9th, 2008, 01:59 AM
I hope not, I enjoyed his character.

:eek:
We all has our own taste ;)

Wraith My Mind
February 9th, 2008, 04:44 AM

Really? suppose its a fitting way for him to go!! :wraithanime11:

was good character thou i neva knew to laugh at him or hit him! loved all the comback elizabeth always had thou!

i hear he doesnt have his pony tail anymore NOOOOO! lol

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I want him to be Todds next offering

Yeah he must be hungry by now.

melfan
February 9th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah he must be hungry by now.

wraithfood :wraith: a hoy!

gopher65
February 9th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Darn it! I liked this guy. Well, not liked. You know. I thought the actor was good at portraying someone who was thoroughly hateable without even a shred of likability. It's hard to make characters like that without actually having them ever do anything bad. And Kavanagh never does anything evil. He's not like Kinsey or the Genii who you dislike because of their actions. No Kavanagh is just an unlikable guy. That's great!

Gaeth
February 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM

I hope a big gang of Wraith drones pull a train on him first.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Darn it! I liked this guy. Well, not liked. You know. I thought the actor was good at portraying someone who was thoroughly hateable without even a shred of likability. It's hard to make characters like that without actually having them ever do anything bad. And Kavanagh never does anything evil. He's not like Kinsey or the Genii who you dislike because of their actions. No Kavanagh is just an unlikable guy. That's great!

I see your point but he just never came off to me as a character that I'd love to hate.

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
:eek:
We all has our own taste ;)
To the Wraith, Kavanaugh's chicken.

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 10:57 PM
I hope a big gang of Wraith drones pull a train on him first.
I'm trying to picture that in a non-prison shower way. But I can't!!!

If Weir has to go, don't give Kavanaugh the chance to gloat over it. If Weir won't be offing him in S5, I add my vote for a good Wraithing. Take him to the edge of life and bring him back a few times even. It'll be fun. For us.:weir:

Fenrir Foxz
February 9th, 2008, 11:07 PM

If Weir has to go, don't give Kavanaugh the chance to gloat over it. If Weir won't be offing him in S5, I add my vote for a good Wraithing. Take him to the edge of life and bring him back a few times even. It'll be fun. For us.:weir:

I dunno about Kavanagh being savagely totured to death over and over... that is a bit too much IMO, but fed on by a Wraith and killed I'll be happy with :)

nx01a
February 9th, 2008, 11:34 PM
They were going to torture a confession out of him when they thought he was behind almost blowing up Atlantis. So his torture is overdue. :D

If you can't wish multiple torturous deaths on annoying TV characters, who can you wish them on? Without going to jail?

Gaeth
February 10th, 2008, 07:59 AM

That's what I was going for, 'cause those Wraith said he quote "Sure had a purty mouth!"

melfan
February 10th, 2008, 08:08 AM
To the Wraith, Kavanaugh's chicken.

They probably need to feed on some more people after him
Woolsey!!!

Mister Oragahn
February 10th, 2008, 12:31 PM

You mean, a realistic character who was a thousand times more effective than the IOA, more honest and knew what criticism actually meant?

Want!

Chances of this happening, and having the character return as we knew it, instead of being altered and given stupid actions?

Zero.

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 01:06 PM
You mean, a realistic character who was a thousand times more effective than the IOA, more honest and knew what criticism actually meant?

Want!

Chances of this happening, and having the character return as we knew it, instead of being altered and given stupid actions?

Zero.
Kavanaugh the most realistic character?! Yeah sure whatever.:jack_new_anime05::rolleyes:

Gaeth
February 10th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Kavanaugh the most realistic character?! Yeah sure whatever.:jack_new_anime05::rolleyes:

In that the real world is mostly populated by jerks, myself included, yes.

SpaceTrout
February 12th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I think it would be good to bring him back.
JUST to make fun of him!
Maybe he could be the new guy in command!
;)
Or maybe John would get so mad at him he could just, CUT OF HIS PONYTAIL!

Wraith My Mind
February 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM
JUST to make fun of him!
;)

NOW THAT SOUNDS GOOD!!!! :indeed:

melfan
February 12th, 2008, 10:42 AM

I watched the promo for Midway, and Kavanaugh's ponytail is gone! History. Or it maybe my imagination :P

Jumper_One
February 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM
JUST to make fun of him!
;)

:eek: no way

muahahaha :lol:

Gaeth
February 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM
JUST to make fun of him!
;)

'Cause that's the source of his jerkiness, like Samson except instead of strength it's douchebagery. ┬┐Verdad?

Mitchell82
February 12th, 2008, 12:20 PM
In that the real world is mostly populated by jerks, myself included, yes.

Touche.

Bride of Zelenka
February 14th, 2008, 04:03 AM
NOW THAT SOUNDS GOOD!!!! :indeed:

Hi Space trout and WMM. I agree we have to have a pantomime villain like dear delightful Kavanaugh but I envisage a different story arc for him.
I think in the fanfic 'Major Wooing' Kav gets a dose of unrequited passion for our Rodney.
I'd love to see Kavanaugh pining away with love for, oh say, wolsey or cauldwell and, thrawted, he throws himself off the highest tower after bequething his pony tail to Rodney ( who really needs the extensions) in his will.

Gaeth
February 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM
He didn't die! I want him to die by a Wraith draining!

nx01a
February 16th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Curses. Foiled again.

Merlin1701
February 17th, 2008, 08:14 AM
After his actions in "Midway" he may be sent to an isolated world...for a very long time!

Skydiver
February 17th, 2008, 08:21 AM
ok, kids, i'm all for not liking kavanaugh, but gang rape is a BIT much. not to mention relatively disturbing.

if you want to 'threaten' the character, keep it fun or keep it to yourself please

Mitchell82
February 17th, 2008, 08:25 AM
ok, kids, i'm all for not liking kavanaugh, but gang rape is a BIT much. not to mention relatively disturbing.

if you want to 'threaten' the character, keep it fun or keep it to yourself please

Ewww I'm so glad I missed that discussion.

Merlin1701
February 17th, 2008, 08:52 AM
In all fairness do we need Kav, Atlantis has a rich diverse crew...do we need anyone to "mix it up"?

jenks
February 17th, 2008, 08:59 AM
It couldn't hurt.

Aewon
February 17th, 2008, 09:16 AM
He's not like Kinsey or the Genii who you dislike because of their actions.

I hardly dislike Kinsey because of his actions (I usually like villains, unless they're pathetic), but because of his arguments that are so stupid he would make Jack Thompson proud.

bluealien
February 17th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I hope to see Kavanaugh back in season 5. Atlantis is not just about all perfect and heroic people.. it should be about all sorts.. even those that are scared of their own shadows... Kavanaugh is not a bad guy.. just a bit of a jerk and he doesn't intentionallly try and cause trouble.. it just seems to find him..
He probably has a high IQ but not much common sense and that is not that unusual... I like to see the expedition have antagonists as well, not everyone agreeing with them and patting them on the back. Conflict is just as interesting as all the heroric stuff, but I do feel that the writers turn Kavanaugh into the cliched bad guy a bit too often.

melfan
February 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM

So am I!

Gaeth
February 17th, 2008, 07:38 PM

Oh I kid, out of love. I though it was obvious hyperbole. Cheerfully withdrawn. Apologies for being too sardonic.

Cynycal
February 20th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I hardly dislike Kinsey because of his actions (I usually like villains, unless they're pathetic), but because of his arguments that are so stupid he would make Jack Thompson proud.

hahaha, nice

and I hope Kavanagh is back in s5 but gets shot by Rodney (not shot dead, just shot), give a good reason for it, genii holding him hostage and Rodney tries to shoot the genii guy off him or something, but not being Sheppard doesn't quite hit the mark, the bullet goes through Kavanagh's shoulder and kills the Genii, both saving him and managing to put a smile on my face and the absent face of dr. weir

Gaeth
February 21st, 2008, 12:41 PM
hahaha, nice

and I hope Kavanagh is back in s5 but gets shot by Rodney (not shot dead, just shot), give a good reason for it, genii holding him hostage and Rodney tries to shoot the genii guy off him or something, but not being Sheppard doesn't quite hit the mark, the bullet goes through Kavanagh's shoulder and kills the Genii, both saving him and managing to put a smile on my face and the absent face of dr. weir

That'd be a nice compromise.

Fenrir Foxz
February 21st, 2008, 01:48 PM

Only a BIT? :P

IMO that is a really excessive thing to say... I don't like Kavanagh and joke about him being fed on by a Wraith but realistically I wouldn't really wish that on anyone... Any and all forms of torture disgust me but that in particular is beyond wrong... :mad:

I'm more than glad I missed that... There are so many ways to humiliate Kavanagh or even kill him off but IMO there is a line drawn in what kind of jokes are acceptable and amusing...

Gaeth
February 21st, 2008, 04:09 PM

IMO that is a really excessive thing to say... I don't like Kavanagh and joke about him being fed on by a Wraith but realistically I wouldn't really wish that on anyone... Any and all forms of torture disgust me but that in particular is beyond wrong... :mad:

I'm more than glad I missed that... There are so many ways to humiliate Kavanagh or even kill him off but IMO there is a line drawn in what kind of jokes are acceptable and amusing...

Nobody here, including myself, really wants that to happen (that I know of). The idea of fictional faceless Wraith drones having their way with a fictional character is very difficult to take seriously. It's like that George Carlin bit about Porky pig and Elmer Fud, or those jokes people say about Wesley Crusher and Klingons. Besides, the post is already deleted and I've already spoken about it to the moderator, the issue wouldn't even have come up again...

Fenrir Foxz
February 21st, 2008, 05:38 PM
Nobody here, including myself, really wants that to happen (that I know of). The idea of fictional faceless Wraith drones having their way with a fictional character is very difficult to take seriously.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm sorry it's just some subjects to me go a little past a joke sometimes... :)

It's like that George Carlin bit about Porky pig and Elmer Fud, or those jokes people say about Wesley Crusher and Klingons. Besides, the post is already deleted and I've already spoken about it to the moderator, the issue wouldn't even have come up again...

I remember reading some of those jokes on another site :)
on the subject of Kavanagh... I think the idea of him getting shot by McKay would be funny :D

I see alot of potential for Kavanagh to be a comical character if he should return in S5, sure he whines and can be a real pain but it would be funny to see his next screw up... as long as it doesn't involve the Daedalus blowing up or something like that....

Gaeth
February 21st, 2008, 06:50 PM
I see alot of potential for Kavanagh to be a comical character if he should return in S5, sure he whines and can be a real pain but it would be funny to see his next screw up... as long as it doesn't involve the Daedalus blowing up or something like that....

I suppose a guy like him is necessary to make the rest of the team look that much cooler. Like when the expedition makes some oversight (like not having an iris) Kavanaugh can mess up so their mistakes don't seem so bad.

the fifth man
February 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Season 5. But not too much. Limited exposure to him is about all I can handle.

Runner690
February 21st, 2008, 08:22 PM
Kavanagh is just plain dumb he makes Rodney look like ronon.

Although i found it funny how in both high packed shows with him guest starting he fainted.

I was hopeing that wraith would feed on him but maybe in the future if he dosn,t faint lmao.

Cynycal
February 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Kavanagh is just plain dumb he makes Rodney look like ronon.

Although i found it funny how in both high packed shows with him guest starting he fainted.

I was hopeing that wraith would feed on him but maybe in the future if he dosn,t faint lmao.

you might be on to something there...an episode with Kavanagh and Rodney stuck on some planet somewhere with wraith and McCay has to go all rambo to get em out while Kavanagh sucks his thumb and faints repeatedly, maybe we should find another one of those personal-shields Rodney had that one time in season 1 first though, I'd hate to see McCay get eaten.

Ashimjara
March 2nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
He is irritating and egotistical but is quite a fun character to watch - I' d like to see him back and annoying his co-workers again!

jenks
March 3rd, 2008, 06:57 AM
Same here.

Lilandra
March 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
as annoying as he is, he's a good character.

i would like to see him in season 5, but only in small increments

Rickington
March 4th, 2008, 06:36 AM
as annoying as he is, he's a good character.

i would like to see him in season 5, but only in small increments

Agreed. I would say that he should appear in no more than 4-6 episodes. What do you think?

The.Road.Not.Taken
March 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Agreed. I would say that he should appear in no more than 4-6 episodes. What do you think?

no less than that :O!! bout 1-2 hes a good charatcher but he is just so rude and full of himself

JohnRico
March 4th, 2008, 01:33 PM
no less than that :O!! bout 1-2 hes a good charatcher but he is just so rude and full of himself

& Pearl Harbor is his favorite movie

Mitchell82
March 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Agreed. I may hate Kavanaugh but I'd never want that to happen to anyone. My cousin was raped so I really take offense at things like this.

Agreed.

Gaeth
March 4th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Agreed. I may hate Kavanaugh but I'd never want that to happen to anyone. My cousin was raped so I really take offense at things like this.

Agreed.

We don't need to keep bringing this up, the mods made it clear this subject is taboo and forbidden. I myself have had family members that were the victims of violent crime, so I'd never joke about that with a real person or real perpetrators. The post was deleted but it was about Wraith drones, creatures which are obviously fictitious in nature.

Rickington
March 4th, 2008, 06:07 PM

In a few ways, Kavanagh is like the very early version of Dr. McKay, full of himself and over-confident about his abilities. Maybe the writers could do to Kavanagh to what they did to McKay over time, by making the character's personality traits improve over time, but not to the point where he's no longer an annoyance ;).

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM
We don't need to keep bringing this up, the mods made it clear this subject is taboo and forbidden. I myself have had family members that were the victims of violent crime, so I'd never joke about that with a real person or real perpetrators. The post was deleted but it was about Wraith drones, creatures which are obviously fictitious in nature.

Agreed matter closed.

hawkmoon269
March 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'd love to see Mckay shove him out of an airlock or "forget" he's doing something w/ a power grid and have him walk into an open circuit or something, though I think Mckay would be too traumatized afterwards because his conscience would get the better of him.

Rickington
March 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I'd love to see Mckay shove him out of an airlock or "forget" he's doing something w/ a power grid and have him walk into an open circuit or something, though I think Mckay would be too traumatized afterwards because his conscience would get the better of him.

I don't think McKay would even think about pushing him out of an airlock. Even though McKay does not like Kavanagh, but I do not think McKay would murder him because McKay generally opposes violence.

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 06:56 PM
I don't think McKay would even think about pushing him out of an airlock. Even though McKay does not like Kavanagh, but I do not think McKay would murder him because McKay generally opposes violence.

Agreed. That would be very out of character. I'm sure he wouldn't mind shooting him with a stunner a few times though.

Gaeth
March 5th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Agreed. That would be very out of character. I'm sure he wouldn't mind shooting him with a stunner a few times though.

Yes, a good prank might be in order. Perhaps McKay and Sheppard could encase Kavanagh's equipment in Jello like on The Office. Maybe if he is hit with a stunner they might stick his hand in warm water too.

xSFx
March 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Kavanagh needs to be a host for a Tok'Ra and permanently join the science team.

Raziel
March 6th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Yeah i want him back!... i would love Ronon make him faint again!!!..... hahahhhahaaha.... sissyyyyy!!....

hahhhahahahha!!...

:valaanime03:

Mitchell82
March 6th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Yes, a good prank might be in order. Perhaps McKay and Sheppard could encase Kavanagh's equipment in Jello like on The Office. Maybe if he is hit with a stunner they might stick his hand in warm water too.

Ashimjara
March 7th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Just watched Midway last night - oh where has Kavanagh's little pony tail gone? we wants it back!!! - and him too. The fainting fit was pure class!

Mitchell82
March 7th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Just watched Midway last night - oh where has Kavanagh's little pony tail gone? we wants it back!!! - and him too. The fainting fit was pure class!
He cut his hair for another role I think.

Calysar
May 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
Yes. I want more Kavanagh.

jenks
June 1st, 2008, 06:17 AM
Same here.

naamiaiset
June 2nd, 2008, 10:13 AM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/naamiaiset/sga/gif/gifmidway02.gif

:D

I can't stand kavanagh. the less of him in S5, the better.

GoSpikey
June 2nd, 2008, 10:16 AM
I just added what should be the correct spelling for "Kavanagh", so if the other one is removed... It's alright again.

Fenrir Foxz
June 2nd, 2008, 04:35 PM

Cool gif :D

Mitchell82
June 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM

I can't stand kavanagh. the less of him in S5, the better.
Agreed. Though if he must come back either one of these must happen.http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/6x11_0462.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/102x374-1.jpg

GoSpikey
June 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Airlock?

That's for Keller, apparently. (Popular demand)

So that leaves Wraith bait for Kavanagh, which works just fine for us. :P

Jumper_One
June 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Agreed. Though if he must come back either one of these must happen.http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/6x11_0462.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t63/gatefan7882/102x374-1.jpg

LOL :D

Airlock?

:indeed:

Mitchell82
June 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Airlock?

Not from me though I love Keller.

Yeah Todd has to eat so we can sacrifice him to Todd.

GoSpikey
June 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Sheppard should ask if Todd's hungry, on his next visit to Atlantis.

If there's gonna be a next time, though... :D

Calysar
June 8th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Well, it looks like Todd will be back for a number of episodes in Season 5. Alas, no sign of Kavanagh yet. I will keep hoping, though...

jelgate
June 8th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I hope S5 will bring his death.

Pic
June 9th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Not from me though I love Keller.

Yes, let's bring Kavanagh back to take over Keller's "most-hated-character" status.
Please?

jenks
June 9th, 2008, 03:40 PM
They're both good characters imo.

dragongirl
June 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yes, let's bring Kavanagh back to take over Keller's "most-hated-character" status.
Please?

That would be fun I like that idea

and they are both good but to me Kavanagh is the guy you love to hate. I find him funny even more so when he faints at almost anything okay so he has only fainted twice but still hillarious

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Kav was just an annoying pain in the ass. Keller actually is interesting IMO.

Mitchell82
June 9th, 2008, 06:34 PM
and they are both good but to me Kavanagh is the guy you love to hate. I find him funny even more so when he faints at almost anything okay so he has only fainted twice but still hillarious
I've heard that from a few people but IMO Kav doesn't fit the "character you love to hate" mold as much as Kinsey, Mayborne (pre season 5 after that he was more of a neutral not good not bad guy)and Simmons did.

jenks
June 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Kav was just an annoying pain in the ass. Keller actually is interesting IMO.

Maybe if you're a fiction character within the Stargate universe, but you're not.

The Asuran Jester
June 10th, 2008, 11:06 AM

If only to see him make a disparaging comment about Weir and then get decked by Sheppard because. Then when he complains about what Sheppard being told that his lucky that he came out off it that easily.

I'd like to see a Wraith Queen feed off Kavanagh. Then cut to a scene later where the Queen is feeling ill and is asked by one of her crew what was wrong, thereafter she replies; "never mind, it must be something I ate."

Ok too morbid for the show even if it is Kavanagh.

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe if you're a fiction character within the Stargate universe, but you're not.

Huh? Oh I forgot you don't get why people like or hate characters on a tv show.

jenks
June 10th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Huh? Oh I forgot you don't get why people like or hate characters on a tv show.

Not when they dislike them for being as 'ass' or something like that I don't no, it's like they can't separate fiction from reality.

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Not when they dislike them for being as 'ass' or something like that I don't no, it's like they can't separate fiction from reality.

I can separate fiction from reality but Kavanaugh is an ass among other things.

jenks
June 10th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I can separate fiction from reality but Kavanaugh is an ass among other things.

I'm not saying he isn't, but how does that in any way make him a bad character?

Mitchell82
June 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not saying he isn't, but how does that in any way make him a bad character?

Hmm I see your point. I just can't connect to the character as much as I could other similar characters.

CalmStorm
June 10th, 2008, 07:03 PM

Nope. No more Kavanaugh please. I just can't watch an SGA episode with him in it and call it entertainment.

Geniison
August 2nd, 2008, 04:53 AM
I'd really like to see more of Kavanagh. He adds a lot of great tension to the episodes he's in. 38 Minutes, Critical Mass, Midway--all solid, entertaining, well-paced episodes. I feel like the rest of the team gets along too well sometimes and it gets a little boring.

I don't know if the actor who plays him is available though--he might be working on another project.

melfan
August 2nd, 2008, 05:11 AM

A spin-off perhaps? ;) :D

Calysar
August 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
That could be really funny, actually. Maybe for just one episode, stick the three of them on a planet somewhere or strand them out in space together. Who would come out the whiniest?

Starrtom
August 2nd, 2008, 09:44 PM
I think poor Kavanagh is much misunderstood. Whilist he is not my favourite character I do have have some sympothy for him. Imagine trying to do your job knowing that TPTB hate and distrust you, no wonder the poor sod is half paranoid half neurotic. He entertains me, and whenever he is around, there is usually something interesting going on.

Asgard4eva
August 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
Um... let me think about this one.... NO

Though, he would make great wraith fodder! lol.

feeding time!

Nusku
August 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Kavanagh rocks! He pulls off "cowardly weasel" much better than Woolsey and it's quite satisfying when the others start hating on him. :)

A Wraith Named Bob
August 4th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I've always like Kavanaugh. He hasn't really done anything wrong.

padr49904
August 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM
But he just has that personality that makes you hate him. The way he acts makes up for him not actually doing anything wrong.

I don't find him bad in any way either, but there is something there.

A Wraith Named Bob
August 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I can see where he was annoying in "Letters From Pegasus" but I liked him in "Midway" (I think that was the episode he was in). He was more subdued and likable in my opinion.