PDA

View Full Version : Episode 100! What are your Predictions???

Ranlier
February 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
What do you all think Atlantis will do for Ep. 100?

Can't possibly be as bad as Wormhole X-Treme.....twice.

JohnRico
February 5th, 2008, 07:01 AM
With Baldy as Atlantis Commander I dont want to know :(

reddevil18
February 5th, 2008, 07:04 AM

Hey, SG-1 chose to go the humorous, "poke fun at ourselves" route and it worked(especially since they weren't season finales as well). But with Atlantis, especially being a season finale(hopefully, not series finale), they won't go that route.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Hey, SG-1 chose to go the humorous, "poke fun at ourselves" route and it worked(especially since they weren't season finales as well). But with Atlantis, especially being a season finale(hopefully, not series finale), they won't go that route.

TBTB already said the s5 finale won't be a 'Wormhole Xtreme' like ep

reddevil18
February 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM

Indeed.:)

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM

:indeed:

I would expect Atlantis' 100 ep to be pretty good to fantastic, but really it is too early to speculate on that one...

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM

I would expect Atlantis' 100 ep to be pretty good to fantastic, but really it is too early to speculate on that one...

yeah I'm with you, the s5 finale will be even bigger than TLM! :D

JohnRico
February 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM
John gets Super Powers

Rodney gets Super Powers

Rodney becomes the Villian

Epic Episode in the making

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 08:09 AM
My bigger concern is whether or not I'll even stick around to watch it...

reddevil18
February 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM
My bigger concern is whether or not I'll even stick around to watch it...

Why is that a concern? Just...don't. No one's forcing you to do it.

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 08:10 AM

like others have said

it will a normal cliffhanger ....and hopefully a damn good one

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Why is that a concern? Just...don't. No one's forcing you to do it.
My concern is whether or not I decide to watch s5 with how things are shaping up. Where did I indicate that someone was "forcing" me to do anything? Like the fans here could make me do anything, please. :rolleyes:

reddevil18
February 5th, 2008, 08:18 AM
My concern is whether or not I decide to watch s5 with how things are shaping up. Where did I indicate that someone was "forcing" me to do anything? Like the fans here could make me do anything, please. :rolleyes:

But that's my point. Why is it a concern? Obviously you don't like the direction in which the show is heading. So...don't watch. Did you inherit a large sum of money, but you will never see it unless you keep watching Atlantis? I don't get it. Why are you concerned?

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Sigh.

There are elements of Atlantis that I like. There are elements of Atlantis that I don't like. It's a balancing game. I need to decide for myself whether all the changes in s5 that I see as bad outweigh what I do like about the show (Rodney, Teyla). It's an internal question, not an external struggle between me and something trying to "forcing" my decision like you suggest.

But thank you for being so concerned about whether or not I watch the show! :)

FoolishPleasure
February 5th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Episode 100:

Shep and Teyla switch Teyla's baby to solid foods, with hilarious consequences.

Rodney continues his sparring sessions with Ronon, with comical results.

Lorne is commissioned to paint President Obama's portrait.

Woolsey and Keller whine in unison as they announce their engagement. A true musical celebration!

Todd joins the cast a regular member of Zelenka's scientific team. Dr. Kavanaugh has an "accident".

;)

reddevil18
February 5th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Sigh.

There are elements of Atlantis that I like. There are elements of Atlantis that I don't like. It's a balancing game. I need to decide for myself whether all the changes in s5 that I see as bad outweigh what I do like about the show (Rodney, Teyla). It's an internal question, not an external struggle between me and something trying to "forcing" my decision like you suggest.

But thank you for being so concerned about whether or not I watch the show! :)

There you go with "concerned" again...You sure like that word, don't you? :p
And those internal struggles sure suck, don't they? Just make sure you don't call anyone around you "woman" while you're...you know...struggling...Unless, of course, they are a woman...

prion
February 5th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'm hoping the producesr will NOT foist another piece of sophomoric humor, such as Wormhole X-treme or 200, on the viewers.

I'd like to see something actually dramatic and very well written, and well, not self-indulgent nonsense.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I'm hoping the producesr will NOT foist another piece of sophomoric humor, such as Wormhole X-treme or 200, on the viewers.

I'd like to see something actually dramatic and very well written, and well, not self-indulgent nonsense.

JM already confirmed that the 100th ep will not be like Wormole Xtreme

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 08:49 AM
yeah I'm with you, the s5 finale will be even bigger than TLM! :D

WoW! That sounds awsome! :D

JM already confirmed that the 100th ep will not be like Wormole Xtreme

:indeed: I saw that too ;)

ToasterOnFire
February 5th, 2008, 08:50 AM
No, Joe M has said that the 100th will not be a comedy ep, thank goodness. It could be the series finale though...

And those internal struggles sure suck, don't they? Just make sure you don't call anyone around you "woman" while you're...you know...struggling...Unless, of course, they are a woman...
Huh? Drugs are bad, mmmkay? O_O

reddevil18
February 5th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Huh? Drugs are bad, mmmkay? O_O
Alas, my "Threshold" reference seems to be lost on you...:S

Fenrir Foxz
February 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Episode 100:

Woolsey and Keller whine in unison as they announce their engagement. A true musical celebration!

Todd joins the cast a regular member of Zelenka's scientific team. Dr. Kavanaugh has an "accident".

;)

:lol: :D

I especially like the bit where Kavanagh has an "accident" :D

Achaja
February 5th, 2008, 10:43 AM
it will be good time for wedding- maybe Rodney & Katie :P with unexpected ending... ;)

Vala_M
February 5th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Several months ago, Joe Mallozzi confirmed that it won't be a goofy episode since it might be the last episode of the series so there's no worry.

Vala,

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 01:07 PM
No, Joe M has said that the 100th will not be a comedy ep, thank goodness. It could be the series finale though...
I hope not.

prion
February 5th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Several months ago, Joe Mallozzi confirmed that it won't be a goofy episode since it might be the last episode of the series so there's no worry.

Vala,

Think you can find the quote and post it here?

jelgate
February 5th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I hope not.I highly doubt that it will be the series finale but anythings possible.

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I highly doubt that it will be the series finale but anythings possible.

I'm just afraid of what kind of impact the cast news could create.

SG13-NightOps
February 5th, 2008, 01:36 PM

I quite enjoyed that self-indulgent nonsense. It's nice to take a break from the seriousness and have a bit of fun.

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Think you can find the quote and post it here?

woohoo I found it :D

Zabadoo writes: “1.)For Atlantis’s 100th episode, do you think you guys will do something epic or comical?”

Answers: 1) Since it will be the season-ender, it will not be comical.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/10/27/october-27-2007/

prion
February 5th, 2008, 05:50 PM
woohoo I found it :D

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2007/10/27/october-27-2007/

Thanks. Gave ya green :)

Jumper_One
February 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks. Gave ya green :)

well I'm glad I could help YOU for once ;)

Mitchell82
February 5th, 2008, 06:31 PM
well I'm glad I could help YOU for once ;)

You should have said YU. Been funnier.;)

stclare
February 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
you know I have no idea :mckay:

i would prefer a non funny ep, as i found some of the new humour this year pretty childish.

but i mean theyve got to pull all the stops out right, make it huge. they hopefully will also know in advance if this will be the last season (which i highly doubt) and so will have a better idea on what the right story is to go with. i dont follow sg1 at all, but ive seen posts stating that they didnt know in advance it was ending? so the finale wasnt a proper ending, hence the movies. I hope that doesnt happen to Atlantis when ever the end comes.

Detox
February 6th, 2008, 03:37 PM

You can always watch the first few episodes and see what happens. You can't judge a book by its a cover, or in this case, a tv series by it's press releases.

Aethon
February 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Im expecting a spectacular 90 min double budget episode, with Teal'c and Daniel in it...

I had this weird dream where I joined the military to fight off a night monster, I found a mp5 loaded with catfood but general hammond wouldn't authorize real bullets, he said we had to fend of the terrorists first, so we wen't with staff-like spears and killed all children women and men who were like arabs but I tried to save as many as we could... lol

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 04:37 PM
from JM's blog

Breeze writes: “Have you guys started think about SGA 100th episode?”

Answer: We have an idea.

Rydell
February 7th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hopefully it will be a two parter with episode 99 being the first and ep 100 being the last. (hopefully if they go this route they don't drag the two parter to season six) I'm hoping it'll clear up the weir storyline and get her back into her command of Atlantis!

GateTrek2004
February 7th, 2008, 11:11 PM
WOW! Can you imagine that this seires is going into Season 5 (2004-2008 and onward?) and we are getting an 100th Episode? With this in mind, what do you all think this Episode will be about?

*Will they do something CRAZY like SG-1's 100th?:thoranime09:
*Will they do something PLOT related like bring back Weir for an Episode Arc?:weir44:
*Will another character be killed?:comeon:
*Will they find more ancients and then they die? AGAIN?

These are just a few ideas I had in mind and personally I'm hoping they do something plot related and not anything silly like SG-1's 100th but if they follow suit with SG-1, they may go for a laid back fun episode. We'll just have to wait and see.

What do you Think will happen?

DISCUSS!!!

jenks
February 7th, 2008, 11:22 PM
All we know for sure at this point is that it won't be a comedic episode like SG-1's 100th and 200th. I don't think they'll go for something epic to be honest, probably something weird instead.

The_Carpenter
February 7th, 2008, 11:51 PM
I bet there'll be cake :jack:

and then something monumentality awful happens cliffhanger into Season 6

Vespasianus
February 8th, 2008, 12:31 AM
They won't make it silly, but I bet it'll be huge, involving a flying Atlantis vs. another city ship, a big revelation and some nice character moments.

Also, an almost sure cliffhanger into a possible Season 6 or a DVD film.

But I bet SciFi will promote the episode very enthusiasticly.

Gate-builder
February 8th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Didn't the writers say that it is just going to be a normal episode and they aren't going to make a huge thing of it?

SGFerrit
February 8th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Didn't the writers say that it is just going to be a normal episode and they aren't going to make a huge thing of it?

No, they said they ween't going to make it a silly/funny episode like Wormhole Xtreme or 200. Apparently they have a BIG idea.

jelgate
February 8th, 2008, 05:14 AM
No, they said they ween't going to make it a silly/funny episode like Wormhole Xtreme or 200. Apparently they have a BIG idea.

It will probably be a normal season finale. Something drastic happens to Atlantis which puts the team in danger right before a "to be continued" flashes across the TV screen.

JohnRico
February 8th, 2008, 05:17 AM
The 100th episode needs a Super Big SG-1 Guest Star. That much is certain

Mitchell82
February 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM

Well maybe though Weir would be better.

nx01a
February 8th, 2008, 11:33 AM
it will be good time for wedding- maybe Rodney & Katie :P with unexpected ending... ;)
They prepare for their first honeymoon night, she excuses herself, goes into the bathroom and feasts on a bar of neutronium before going back to the marital bed?
No, no, no! That was Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman...

nx01a
February 8th, 2008, 11:38 AM
They won't make it silly, but I bet it'll be huge, involving a flying Atlantis vs. another city ship, a big revelation and some nice character moments.
That was one of my deep, dark dreams for S5: another city ship with an angry Weir in the chair. :P

cabouse18
February 8th, 2008, 12:20 PM
It will probably be a normal season finale. Something drastic happens to Atlantis which puts the team in danger right before a "to be continued" flashes across the TV screen.

Considering the ep is the finale of the season....their won't be any silliness, other than usual jibes from the usual characters;) But it will be big, with big revelations and big consequences for the following year should the show be renewed for a sixth season.

The writers have always said this show is different from SG-1 so where SG-1 did parodies of themselves for their 100th and 200th eps...I don't see them doing it with show; epsecially not for a whole ep.

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM

I doubt it'll happen but I'd sure like to see O'Neill again :D

Gate-builder
February 8th, 2008, 05:34 PM

I stand corrected. Big idea sounds good, hopefully another huge space battle.

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I stand corrected. Big idea sounds good, hopefully another huge space battle.

yeah that'd be awesome :D

cabouse18
February 8th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I doubt it'll happen but I'd sure like to see O'Neill again :D

JM's blog...

Nigel RAF writes: “What does the Magic Eight Ball say about a Jack O’niell guest spot in season five?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Outlook not so good.

Which sucks b/c I would love to see Jack/RDA in Atlantis again. But, b/c they often do, things can change...so here is to hoping that the eight ball turns in our favor;)

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM
JM's blog...

yeah I saw that too. to be honest I wasn't expecting anything else. maybe in s6. one can always hope :)

Which sucks b/c I would love to see Jack/RDA in Atlantis again. But, b/c they often do, things can change...so here is to hoping that the eight ball turns in our favor;)

I sure hope so!!! :)

MechaThor
February 9th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Well since It will be the last episode they can't do anything funny with it, Unless they bump the series up too 21 eps?
....But that won't happen.

So I think it will be a normal episode only MASSIVE! Bigger than "All my Sins be Remembered" They will puts loads of money and effort into it, Hell they should exstend its length and make it the Atlantis version of "The Lost City" It will be great!

If not then I want Furlings or a new X-302 ship (It would be like a birthday present)

Mana
February 9th, 2008, 03:21 PM
An episode about sharks perhaps? :3

somme
February 10th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Atlantis has to be flown to the Milky Way to stop a Wraith invasion!

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 06:23 PM
JM's blog...

Not surprised. He costs mucho grande denero;)

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Not surprised. He costs mucho grande denero;)

yeah definitely no surprise but one can still hope ;)

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 06:39 PM
yeah definitely no surprise but one can still hope ;)

Hope springs eternal.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Hope springs eternal.

wraith form Replicator
February 26th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Big Guns. Hot Women. Mckay awake for a week on superspeed. **** loads of CGI. And if were lucky they might find a ZPM factory and a manual.

g.o.d
February 27th, 2008, 11:59 AM
episode ONLY about the Ancients and their history in PG. Their arrival, spreading new life, awakening of the wraith, war, their retreat. That's all I want to see. But I doubt this will happen.

Jumper_One
February 27th, 2008, 12:04 PM
episode ONLY about the Ancients and their history in PG. Their arrival, spreading new life, awakening of the wraith, war, their retreat. That's all I want to see. But I doubt this will happen.

so you don't want to see Shep, Teyla, Rodney, Woolsey, Ronon, Carson, Keller, Sam, Earth, Atlantis as we know it etc. right? yeah that's very unlikely

g.o.d
February 27th, 2008, 12:13 PM
so you don't want to see Shep, Teyla, Rodney, Woolsey, Ronon, Carson, Keller, Sam, Earth, Atlantis as we know it etc. right? yeah that's very unlikely

No, I won't. This episode should be dedicated to the Ancients. It was a show about their city, but now it's something completly different:S

Jumper_One
February 27th, 2008, 02:51 PM
No, I won't. This episode should be dedicated to the Ancients. It was a show about their city, but now it's something completly different:S

um no the show's about us exploring the PG, fighting the Wraith etc

Buck32
February 27th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Episode 100:

;)

You're on Board as a writer for season 5 aren't you?

Seriously i'd like to see a unique episode that leaves you saying wow!!!

don't like my chnces.

Cory Holmes
February 28th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'd like for the 100th episode to be set in the time before they activated the wormhole in Rising. I'd like to meet and see some of the people we've lost over the years like Colonel Sumner, Lieutenant Dr. Grodin, Dr. Gaul, Markham, Smith, Stackhouse, etc.

I'd like it to be a shout-out to those that died in the service of the city and it's expedition. "Gone but not forgotten".

wise one
February 28th, 2008, 08:23 AM
i would want like the whole gang in the mess hall or something and they are telling stories on made up stuff in the pegasus galaxy like sheppard imagining what the ancinet war was like with the wraith and it will show what his describing

wraith form Replicator
March 5th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Ok I know it won't happen but how cool would it be to have a space battle with all 3 of earths ship (4 if they get a new one, who knows might happen) and Atlantis fully powered flying vs. the kind of wraith force's we saw in THE SIEGE part 1 to 3. like i said not going to happen but i do love huge cgi space battles.

Mitchell82
March 5th, 2008, 10:57 AM

Uh the show is about finding Atlantis and exploring the Pegasus galaxy.

Buck32
March 6th, 2008, 08:32 AM

Knowing TPTB it will be another godawfull unfunny wormhole extreme type show, what i'd like to see is a epic story involving the whole cast, but i think i'm dreaming expecting it from the current PTB!!!

jenks
March 6th, 2008, 08:38 AM
It won't be a comedy episode. I personally doubt it will be epic, more likely something just plain weird.

g.o.d
March 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Uh the show is about finding Atlantis and exploring the Pegasus galaxy.

when were they on an exploration mission? I can't remember it;)

I still think that milestone episode should be dedicated to the Ancients

Mitchell82
March 6th, 2008, 11:27 PM
when were they on an exploration mission? I can't remember it;)
Since the start, and they haven't stopped.

I still think that milestone episode should be dedicated to the Ancients
I don't mind learning more about them just not sure for a season finale.

thekillman
March 7th, 2008, 06:47 AM
in eppy 99 they find an ancient world. the wraith too. in eppy 100, they have to defend it, alongside the ancients, with travellers and: genii. the genii developed a prometheus like ship. sga helps them getting it operational, while adding upgrades, and they meanwhile have to get an 15000 years old aurora operational wich they got from the ancients. it features apollo, deadalus, and: odyssey. the travellers with an aurora and some generational ships. in return for that favour, we assing a load of their shipless people to some MW planets, where they can live. we have todd at our side. and all other wraith against us. we see an old fashioned ancient-wraith battle, wile showing why exactly the wraith won. a fleet of 20 hives attacks, with todd using 6, earth with 3 304's, and a load of 302's, the travellers with 7 generational ships and larren+her ship[who found a zpm, and have it power their aurora]. we get an aurora, and the end features... michael. he has several hives, and a new type of cruiser at his command, cruisers with shields. they fight against earth. the ancients use about 10 aurora's. then, the first 2 eppys of s6 feature the remainder of the battle+aftermath. we have 3 304's, an aurora, but lost the ancient world. michael used the attacking wraith, and obtains 5 hives, fully populated, and turns them to his own type of soldiers.

Platschu
April 2nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
I don't know what will they find out for 100th episode.

I. My first idea was that they will fly back to Earth with the city. But this move can't work in the show:

1. They relocated the city at the beginning of season 4, so they won't repeat it again.
2. They won't reveal the city and the gate system to the public.
3. If they could reach Earth, than they have to leave the blue gates and every Atlantis specific race behind in Pegasus galaxy.

II. I began to read posts about great wars over Atlantis. But even if they can make better CGI than BAMSR, than it won't be enough good idea for a 100th episode. The Siege triology was cool, but we don't need an other ambush.

III. So they have to find out something creative, where every main star can shine, but the Atlantis show can celebrate itself. But they have to prove use that this spin-off isn't SG-1 v2.0, that they can live on their on foot with their own mythology.

I think we need something major discovery about Atlantis and the Ancients. But what can you give to the fans as a writer, if you know, that maybe the show will get other season? They can't make a sad and too dramatic series end type episode, but they can't jump shark too. I am exited what they will make. :)