This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between heroes and villains - a few spoilers -

It is typical of SGA episodes to leave you with a mixture of satisfaction for the pleasure of a show exploiting the great idea of discovering Atlantis and a new galaxy, and at the same time with a strange feeling that somehow something was wrong.

Then when you re-watch the show, you find dozens of inconsistent details and you ask yourself: Did the directors really thought about what they were doing?

I would like to talk in this thread about the military attitude of SGA "outreach squadron" when visiting other planets.

I began to have doubts in "The Storm". Somebody in another thread described as a "maffioso attitude" the way they forced their evacuation onto their guests, by threatening to use their guns. But well, it was an emergency situation.

But, if you think of it, the way they walk in the corridors in Underground: They keep their hands on their guns even as they are warmly welcomed and shown the uttermost defense secrets by their guests !!! That is incredibly provocative. It is horribly impolite at best. Only conquerors would do that in the strategic premisses of their guests.

The whole episode on the Genii planet can be interpreted as an agression from the part of SGA. Well at least the Genii are not strictly villains in that episode. And, by the way, as far as the whole show is concerned, it is SGA that is putting the whole galaxy in trouble, for having woken up the Wraiths.

Well I may be stupid, but when I watch shows I have a child's soul, and I like to see the heroes be strictly good. Although the "maffiosi scene" in the Storm can be perfectly explained from a logical point of view (emergency), it leaves me with a sense of bad taste, I think it was a mistake from the point of view of drama, and the heroes don't look so friendly anymore.
    No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
    I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
    Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

I did find the whole evacuation scene a little unerving due to the use of force, but like I always say "You can get much further with a kind word and a big stick, than just a kind word." I like the shady good guys. There is never a real cut and dry, black and white, good vs evil. There's a protagonist and an antagonist, but there is no rule saying one has to be good or bad. I like heroes who are willing to twist a few arms to get the job done.

Comment

Working...
    X