Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jack's behaviour in the season premiere (minor spoilers...I think)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack's behaviour in the season premiere (minor spoilers...I think)

I was watching 'New Order' again, and I noticed how Jack's behaviour changed when his conscience was integrated into Thor's ship, changed as in he acted normally.
    Whenever he had Ancient knowledge downloaded into his mind he tended to act less like himself with the jokes and light hearted look on things and was more serious. When he started talking in Thor's ship he still had the knowledge of the Ancients in him yet he was acting normally. Just compare his bahvaiour in 'the fifth race' and at the end of season 7 to when he was in Thor's ship.

Anyone know why, or how?

Probably because

1) He didn't need to worry about the others not understanding him
    and
    2) He didn't have a specific urgent goal to work towards to save his life
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
      Probably because

1) He didn't need to worry about the others not understanding him
      and
      2) He didn't have a specific urgent goal to work towards to save his life
      3. His brain was interfaced with an Asgard computer, as such, it wasn't full anymore and therefore wasn't about to overload.

Comment

I think having his consciousness in the computer separated out Jack from the Ancient knowledge.
        And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
        Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Daniel: Oh! You see?
        Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

The Asgard Computer on the "Daniel Jackson" was able to translate the ancient that O'Neill was speaking in to English so it could be understood also it is possible that the computer may have pushed the Ancient knowledge to one side alowing O'Neill to speak normally

Comment

Working...
          X