X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Lorne and Zelenka Regulars!

Hey everyone!

I'm bitterly dissappointed at the decision to make Keller a full-time member of the crew. (No harm to Jewel Staite...I'd be very happy if Kaylee came to Atlantis!)

What annoys me even more is that we have Lorne and Zelenka - two fantastic, complex, useful and witty characters - stuck as recurring, despite the fact they've made for better viewing and have had a significant part to play in the series as a whole.

Don't forget the large amount of recurring characters that have also arguably had a large impact on the show - Caldwell, Ellis, Cadman, etc...

So, if you'd love to see Lorne or Zelenka in the credits, please post here!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Lorne and Zelenka are two of my favs and I would love to see more of them.

. . .and less of Keller. Much less.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

You do realize the the higher they're up on the ladder of death ... the sooner the character's life comes to an untimely end, right?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's Atlantis - I exepect by season seven (if we get that far) that Sheppard and Teyla will be the last two standing (Or Sheppard and Rodney, or Sheppard and Ronon).

Sorry, am I sounding a tad cynical lol?
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
          It's Atlantis - I exepect by season seven (if we get that far) that Sheppard and Teyla will be the last two standing (Or Sheppard and Rodney, or Sheppard and Ronon).

Sorry, am I sounding a tad cynical lol?
          I say Sheppard & Rodney...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            Hey everyone!

I'm bitterly dissappointed at the decision to make Keller a full-time member of the crew. (No harm to Jewel Staite...I'd be very happy if Kaylee came to Atlantis!)

What annoys me even more is that we have Lorne and Zelenka - two fantastic, complex, useful and witty characters - stuck as recurring, despite the fact they've made for better viewing and have had a significant part to play in the series as a whole.

Don't forget the large amount of recurring characters that have also arguably had a large impact on the show - Caldwell, Ellis, Cadman, etc...

So, if you'd love to see Lorne or Zelenka in the credits, please post here!
            Despite the fact, that I agree with you in the point, that Lorne and Zelenka would be much more fun as regulars it just would`nt make any sense.
            You have to see that Lorne and Zelenka are only number 2`s in there part of the work that has to be done at Atlantis.

Lorne is the number 2 military, Zelenka is number 2 scientist. Keller is the number one medic. And the number one medic always played a very important role in the stargate franchise.

Like that we can get much more excited if we get Lorne or Zelenka in an ep. Then there is something "special". Otherwise I doubt they would get ordinary after a short period of time.
            Sorry for my bad english...I`m still learning.

Comment

I love both these characters but don't think they should become regulars, theres already enough! More of them would be great and yeah I do prefer them to Keller but they are good as they are, thats why we like them, making them regulars would change that. IMHO.
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

that would b awesome if they did become regulars, but if they just guest star a lot i will b just as happy

Comment

I don't mind keller beconing a regular as long as she doesn't end up being like in missing very often.

As for Lorne and Zalenka. I would like Lorne to become a regular. He is quite cool. And as cool as zalenka is don't think he should be.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I love Lorne and Zelenka but it's such a dangerous task being regulars!

Having said that and following the known pattern, Keller should find an utterly ridiculous and useless demise. Which in her case it wouldn't be any of that.
                    Last edited by Kanetsidohi; 07 February 2008, 08:25 AM. Reason: Grammar Error

Comment

I thnk Radek in particular has really developed in the past two series, as a scientific mind and also as a human being with a lovely sense of humour. But there's just one problem...he's not a sexy blonde girl...

Comment

toooootally agree. on lorne especially.
                        We're in another galaxy. How much more out can you get?

Comment

But there's just one problem...he's not a sexy blonde girl...
                          LOL. Sadly very true.
                          We're in another galaxy. How much more out can you get?

Comment

If justice was the ruler of the world (or at least, have something to do when TPTB are making these kind of decisions), then at least Zelenka would be a regular, probably since last season. Anyway, both of them would be regulars before Keller, no doubt.

That being said, I must confess I don't see like a good idea them becoming regulars, specially after seeing what had happened with Beckett and the necesity to introduce him in a lot of plots where his presence didn't make a lot of sense, this way ruining (to some degree) such a fantastic character.

And because...
                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            You do realize the the higher they're up on the ladder of death ... the sooner the character's life comes to an untimely end, right?
                            Truer words have never been spoken, girl

But probably TPTB don't pay attention to such things, and their decision-making goes more along this lines...
                            Originally posted by Othala08 View Post
                            I think Radek in particular has really developed in the past two series, as a scientific mind and also as a human being with a lovely sense of humour. But there's just one problem...he's not a sexy blonde girl...
                            Yep, we live in a very sad world, guys...

Originally posted by Tal-Galahad View Post
                            Keller is the number one medic. And the number one medic always played a very important role in the stargate franchise.
                            You think so?!
                            I must confess that at the beginning, when SGA didn't even exist yet and I was a great SG-1 fan, I was quite pissed-off for Dr. Fraiser not being a regular. Nowadays I still feel she should have been a regular, but seeing what happened later with Beckett, I think it was better that way with her being a recurrent character.
                            So Keller as a regular... not a very good idea. If it didn't work for Beckett, a much more developed and charismatic character, I don't know what's going to happen with her...

Comment

I love the idea of both becoming more prominent, but TPTB would never do it because they want more useless, cutsey Mary Sues in tight shirts (Keller).

Heaven forbid if they put interesting, fan favs up as regs!

Comment

Working...
                              X