X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of fighting the Wraith...

Hi! I'm new. This is my inaugural post. Be gentle

Anyhooo

There has to be a way to make an alternative food source for the Wraith. I think they should combine some of the usurped Goa'uld and Ancient technology like the sarcophagus to make a bio-mass for the Wraith to feed from. It can later be replenished with life energy when it's depleted.

That way, we don't have to fight them, we can help them and save other humans in the process.

What do you think?

You're assuming the Wraith want an alternative.

Comment

The Wraith (as of season 4 so spoilers head, highlight to read.) had cloning technology. With a few ZPM's, they could have cloned food for themselves because they were able to clone an army big enough to defeat the Ancients.

The Wraith however aren't interested in that. They want to control, so they will use all their resources to feed on humans rather than finding alternate food.

sigpic

Comment

Actually the Sarcophagus could led to a break though in that department.

The Ancients were able to use the Sarcophagus technology without negative sideaffects, i wonder if the Wraith could to????? I have no idea what that would mean for the story........ just stronger Wraith proberly........

Anyway, we should be looking for ways to solve the feeding problem instead of killing them all!
        WereWraith06

<<<I have watched you play with those who would play GOD<<<

A Random but Cool Quote:
        Spoiler:
        If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way.
        - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by WereWraith06 View Post
          Actually the Sarcophagus could led to a break though in that department.

The Ancients were able to use the Sarcophagus technology without negative sideaffects, i wonder if the Wraith could to????? I have no idea what that would mean for the story........ just stronger Wraith proberly........

Anyway, we should be looking for ways to solve the feeding problem instead of killing them all!
          I agree with you
          sigpic
          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

sustain yes, but they also have this insatiable hunger
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

An interesting story arc would be to have Earth use the Telchak device to invent some sort of addictive life force "drug" for the Wraith. The Tau'ri then become intergalactic opium dealers as they smuggle and trick their way into getting entire Wraith hives addicted to the drug and later have to handle the political fallout once the Wraith discover what they're doing.

Comment

I think most Wraith fans would like to see writers & TPTB find a food alternative for the Wraith, myself included. I would like to see them saved instead of eliminated like the Goa'uld. But I also don't want to see them stripped of what makes them Wraith. Afterall, their 'hunger' is what makes them such interesting characters.

Perfect solution would be to find a way for Wraith to feed on something other than humans, without having them lose their hunger for humans. That way, you could have Wraith that accept the alternative food source and resist their desire for humans (like an alcoholic must resist taking a drink), and those Wraith who refuse the alternative food source, and continue to prey on humans because it's the life they prefer.

But that's in my perfect little Pegasus world...not sure what will happen in the realm of SGA.

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Obi1 View Post
                  Hi! I'm new. This is my inaugural post. Be gentle

Anyhooo

There has to be a way to make an alternative food source for the Wraith. I think they should combine some of the usurped Goa'uld and Ancient technology like the sarcophagus to make a bio-mass for the Wraith to feed from. It can later be replenished with life energy when it's depleted.

That way, we don't have to fight them, we can help them and save other humans in the process.

What do you think?

Maybe they can switch to cows or the pegasus galaxy eqiuvalent!!!

Comment

Isn't that just like eating hot pockets and ramen forever? Yeah it's filling, but it sucks after a couple weeks.
                    sigpic

Comment

why help the wraith , and if we whoul give them sarcophagus whould that not youst make them worse like the goa´uld(remember the episode 'NEED' in season 2)

Comment

use the telchak device to reanimate the ones they've already killed
                        sigpic
                        EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

the univrse is massive, just find a race who are the size of skyscrapers and it be like a leech to a person
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                            the univrse is massive, just find a race who are the size of skyscrapers and it be like a leech to a person
                            ..they could have handheld energy weapons that are capable of dealing massive damage to ships, and wear big space suits with hyperdrives, and armor...ok nevermind too anime for me..

Comment

Oh I doubt the Wraith want an alternative to humans. The biomass wouldn't have the desire to resist. We have seen many queens comment about the taste of defiance. The only alternative the Wraith could want might be if we offered them the Jaffa.

I been wondering how a Wraith would react if they feed on Jaffa? Would there be any difference than feeding on humans?

What do you think?
                              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Working...
                              X