PDA

View Full Version : Will the Asurans be back?

Dr.Jonsson
February 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Hello there, the Asuran home world Asuras was destroyed, but will they be back? I mean, if they destroy the wraith than there are no enemys in the show which means it will end. The Asurans are self replicating so, cant they rebuild their city on another planet?:mckay:

Jeffala
February 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Given sufficient raw materials, yes, the remaining Asurans could rebuild on a new planet if they were so inclined.

Pharaoh Atem
February 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
well the weir we saw at the end of BAMSR will be ...not sure about the others

Aryk Celestis
February 6th, 2008, 12:10 PM
From what I've heard Weir was still alive and Replicators, well... They replicate.

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 12:14 PM
From what I've heard Weir was still alive and Replicators, well... They replicate.

we don't know if Weir's alive. I think TBTB will wrap up the Weir arc in s5 and introduce another enemy in TLM

Aryk Celestis
February 6th, 2008, 12:29 PM
That may be true. Still, I don't think this will be the last we've heard from the Pegasus Replicators.

I would definitely like to see a new enemy, though. The reps and Wraith are getting just the tiniest bit boring.

Platschu
February 6th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I hope they won't return. They were god type enemies, because our heroes couldn't hurt them, if they could rebuild themselves from any injures. So it was time to finish their story arc.

I could never understand, even if Asuran exploded, than what happened with th ZPMs in space? The Wraith could steal only three, so the last have to be in the ruins.

Gaeth
February 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I hope we don't see any for a long, long time and even then I hope it's very rare.

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Its likely they will be back but perhaps not on the same level as they were before... sadly I don't think we will see Oberoth again.

Dobberman
February 6th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I could never understand, even if Asuran exploded, than what happened with th ZPMs in space? The Wraith could steal only three, so the last have to be in the ruins.

The Wraith stole those ZPMs before the planet exploded. Any other ones would have been destroyed in the explosion.

Vala_M
February 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
we don't know if Weir's alive. I think TBTB will wrap up the Weir arc in s5 and introduce another enemy in TLM

Where was the new enemy confirmed at?

Vala,

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Where was the new enemy confirmed at?

Vala,

I think Joe mentioned it on his blog. hm where's PG15 when you need him? :P

PG15
February 6th, 2008, 05:21 PM
All I know is, a new enemy will be coming when Danny makes his visit to Atlantis. I don't remember anything about a new enemy in TLM.

Sorry.

Jumper_One
February 6th, 2008, 05:22 PM
All I know is, a new enemy will be coming when Danny makes his visit to Atlantis. I don't remember anything about a new enemy in TLM.

Sorry.

oh ok thanks. so we may see a new enemy in the mid-season two-parter, interesting...

jenks
February 6th, 2008, 06:05 PM

Sorry.

I'm starting to worry that it might be the Furlings.

Jeffala
February 7th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I'm starting to worry that it might be the Furlings.

blech

Gaeth
February 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM
The problem with the Asurans is that they made them both too powerful and too weak.

They made them too powerful because nothing they shot at them worked, except ARGs and eventually those quit working. And why couldn't they chuck a grenade at them like a T1000 to blow them into little pieces?

They made them too weak because they didn't do a lot of the cool things a T1000 could do. They only showed Oberoth phase through door once. Why not have an Asuran turn its hands into blades and hack Wraith into bloody bits? And if Asurans are made of nanites that can do all sorts of crazy crap why not have one turn into a jet? Some Asuran wants to skedaddle so he turns into a small jet and flies off.

And they were so monolithic, hardly any individuals that stood out and they were all networked together. Maybe this aberrant group of Asurans (Weir's) will be different. They can make some evil (Decepticons?) and some good (Autobots?).

I've been against the Asurans from the beginning but if they'd done things differently maybe I might have changed my tune.

If they do come back I hope they're very different.

Mitchell82
February 7th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Well I like the Asurans but most likely that story will conclude when Weirs does.

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Well I like the Asurans but most likely that story will conclude when Weirs does.

that's what I'm thinking too

Ice Wolf
February 7th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I want the Asurans back, they are a good enemy, the problem with them is that they have been poorly used.

I agree that they Asurans will most likely be finished off when Weirs current arc concludes, which would be dissapointing.

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I want the Asurans back, they are a good enemy, the problem with them is that they have been poorly used.

I agree that they Asurans will most likely be finished off when Weirs current arc concludes, which would be dissapointing.

to be honest I'd find it a little strange to finish the Weir arc and not kill off the Asurans

Ice Wolf
February 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM
to be honest I'd find it a little strange to finish the Weir arc and not kill off the Asurans

A good example would be the Daniel as a prior arc. It didnt kill off the Ori they were still out there.

You can finish Weir's current arc of being prisoner/leader/whatever of the Asurans without killing off the Asurans.

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
A good example would be the Daniel as a prior arc. It didnt kill off the Ori they were still out there.

You can finish Weir's current arc of being prisoner/leader/whatever of the Asurans without killing off the Asurans.

true but I still think that the Weir arc will conclude the Asuran presence in the PG

nx01a
February 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
All I know is, a new enemy will be coming when Danny makes his visit to Atlantis.
My GOD! Daniel Jackson will be the death of us all! He'll just ascend while 6 or 7 galaxies burn after he 'introduces' us to more new enemies.
Jack, keep that man in a cell with his books. Please!:mckay:

Ice Wolf
February 7th, 2008, 04:29 PM
true but I still think that the Weir arc will conclude the Asuran presence in the PG

TBH with the way things have been going i think the Weir arc is more likely to conclude Weir for good and not the Asuran Presence

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
TBH with the way things have been going i think the Weir arc is more likely to conclude Weir for good and not the Asuran Presence

check out Joe's blog ;)

NCC-72452 writes: “When you say “story in place” regarding Weir, does this mean 1 episode? 2.71828 episodes? 3.14159 episodes?

Answers: Story in place refers to 1 episode.

Ice Wolf
February 7th, 2008, 04:36 PM
check out Joe's blog ;)

NCC-72452 writes: “When you say “story in place” regarding Weir, does this mean 1 episode? 2.71828 episodes? 3.14159 episodes?

Answers: Story in place refers to 1 episode.

Yeah i saw that and im not happy my thoughts are in the weir thread

nx01a
February 7th, 2008, 04:38 PM
The problem with the Asurans is that they made them both too powerful and too weak.

Some Asuran wants to skedaddle so he turns into a small jet and flies off.

I've been against the Asurans from the beginning but if they'd done things differently maybe I might have changed my tune.

If they do come back I hope they're very different.

Some Transformers hangups there, eh, Starscream?

I wanted an enemy that had full access to and full command of Ancient technology. Obviously, from BAMSR and the producers' comments, the Asurans weren't that. An Aurora fleet! A FLEET!:'( Personally, I find that to be a cop-out from writing such a powerful race well or having the heroes find a truly creative yet not 'magic 1 episode' way to deal with them. A FLEET!!!
I disliked them being replicators without the obvious tie-in to Reece and who created her and how/why she created the SG-1 replicators in that particular fashion.

I do hope they come back but with more of a mission besides whatever whoever's programming their base code want them to do this episode. Perhaps following Weir as they try to find a means to ascension? There will be blood, of course, and the whole religion/faith/ascension aspect's been done with the Ori but it would be interesting to see the 'enemy' doing horrible things for a relatively good reason. Just not turning into planes.:P

One question re: a possible return? In BAMSR's initial strikes against the Auroras, we destroyed the ships and left the Asurans aboard to the vacuum of space. Those Asurans light years from Asuras couldn't have been affected by their godzilla blob effect, much less blown up. Did our team just forget about them? They're out there floating relatively inert in space. One bumps into a neutronium-laced asteroid, add some cosmic radiation and POOF! New Asuras. Or they become part of Michael's plan to breed the next generation of ultimate warriors: Iraticators!:P

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah i saw that and im not happy my thoughts are in the weir thread

yeah I know. oh and regarding the Asurans there's also this from JM's blog

Asmoothlie writes: “Also, based on the beginning of BAMSR, is it correct to say that there are still nanite particles floating around in space from the attacks Caldwell and Ellis made, waiting to be re-activated?”

Answer: No, that is incorrect.

nx01a
February 7th, 2008, 04:51 PM
From BAMSR...

CALDWELL: Well, we don't have to destroy them; we just have to destroy their ships. I mean, from what I understand, once they're exposed to the harsh environment of space, they'll essentially be neutralised.

McKAY: Well, essentially neutralised and neutralised are two very different things.

SHEPPARD: Back when we blasted Niam into space, he froze solid. We didn't have a problem ‘til we warmed him up.

McKAY: That's what I'm saying. Look, your way leaves Replicator cells inactive, just waiting around for someone to reactivate them. My way shuts them down for good.

I'm still at a loss as to how what happened on Asuras affected the nanites in other parts of Pegasus. I don't remember there being a virus-like aspect to the plan, it was physical cohesion followed by confusion and then by an explosion. Will rewatch to be certain but Rodney's original plan was
McKAY: the expedient and permanent deactivation of the inter-nanite bonds.

His revised plan was

McKAY: We do the opposite. Instead of severing their connections, we significantly dial up their attraction to one another. We turn each cell into an incredibly powerful nanite magnet. You know, one cell attracts another cell, those two attract two more, and as more and more nanite cells bond to the core group, they become stronger and stronger and stronger – to the point where every Replicator cell on the planet, in orbit, all of them, are massed in this, in this, in this giant super-dense blob. Look, this is not their normal form of bonding. I mean, it'll take them some time to adapt, to figure out how to function within the new parameters. Look, it doesn't matter anyways, because long before that happens, they're gonna fuse together so tightly, they will be rendered essentially inert. Remember, this bond is occurring on a sub-space level. ... to the point where their electrons are fusing with their protons and once that starts happening, they're toast.

Long story short, his plan affects the ones near Asuras. No word on how the subspace link with the other inert ones will be affected. Perhaps Asurans are programmed to autodestruct if they can't establish communication with the hive consciousness after a few update cycles?

Gaeth
February 7th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Some Transformers hangups there, eh, Starscream?

You must have read my post about Starscream's ghost...

Maybe a group of Asurans get together and shout "We need superMEGAzoid power!" then they join into one big replicator.

Seriously the Asurans (or other human form replicators) need to be more individualistic, with different motives and even abilities maybe. For now though I don't want to see them for a while at least.

Ripple in Space
February 9th, 2008, 04:16 AM
With Torri leaving, I hope the Asurans are either gone or heavily revamped. Weak & stupid wasn't too interesting...

Jumper_One
February 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
With Torri leaving, I hope the Asurans are either gone or heavily revamped. Weak & stupid wasn't too interesting...

from JM's blog

Shawna writes: “So, let me get this straight…there isn’t going to be any conclusion to wrap up that random and tantalizing teaser/cliffhanger scene because Torri decided not to do it?”

Answer: That is incorrect. The script will be revised, adjustments made, and that particular story will be told in season 5. We won’t leave you hanging.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/09/february-9-2008-cookie-monster-reviews-there-will-be-blood-baron-destructo-reviews-the-illusionist-while-i-consider-two-fan-fueled-feasts/

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
So in the words of the Terminator "They'll be back".

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 12:58 PM
So in the words of the Terminator "They'll be back".

*cue Bad to the Bone and Arnie with nice leather coat and black sunglasses*;)

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 01:07 PM
*cue Bad to the Bone and Arnie with nice leather coat and black sunglasses*;)

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Terminator2.png

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee163/Jumper_One/Terminator2.png

Sweet. I love that movie, hell I even love T3 and TSCC.

Platschu
February 10th, 2008, 02:10 PM
What if the Weir's Asurans going to replicate a supergate and they fly in to the Ori galaxy or MW? Maybe they want to find answers about their existence to ascend. :)

anima
February 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
They will definitely be back but I'm not sure if it will be in season 5 or not. Though I really want to know what their plan will be and what exactly they are after.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Sweet. I love that movie, hell I even love T3 and TSCC.

yeah all three were great movies but the second one is just awesome :D

They will definitely be back but I'm not sure if it will be in season 5 or not. Though I really want to know what their plan will be and what exactly they are after.

Joe confirmed that this arc will be revisited in s5

Shawna writes: “So, let me get this straight…there isn’t going to be any conclusion to wrap up that random and tantalizing teaser/cliffhanger scene because Torri decided not to do it?”

Answer: That is incorrect. The script will be revised, adjustments made, and that particular story will be told in season 5. We won’t leave you hanging.

maylet
February 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Given sufficient raw materials, yes, the remaining Asurans could rebuild on a new planet if they were so inclined.

I agree

Jeffala
February 10th, 2008, 03:58 PM

However, given the diminished numbers of the Asurans, it would likely take them significantly longer to re-create Asuras than it did the Asurans to repair it after "First Strike" or to build another Atlantis-type ship after it was destroyed in "Progeny".

Their rate of construction would be diminished because of their few numbers.

Lord batchi ball
February 10th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Well if a person goes by the rate of replecation (SP?) then yes it is possible but if person goes by the fact Wier is no longer around then its a toss up, I say no but the odds sae about 50/50.IMHO

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 07:05 PM
yeah all three were great movies but the second one is just awesome :D
I noticed you didn't mention The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Joe confirmed that this arc will be revisited in s5
Sounds good to me.

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I noticed you didn't mention The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

yeah sorry I haven't seen that yet :o

Sounds good to me.

yup looking forward to that

Mitchell82
February 10th, 2008, 07:32 PM
yeah sorry I haven't seen that yet :o
I've got a feeling you'd like it.

yup looking forward to that
:indeed:

Jumper_One
February 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I've got a feeling you'd like it.