Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No reason to loose controll of the ship..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No reason to loose controll of the ship..

In countless scenes where any ship is getting shot at, they loose a system. May it be life support, hyperspace, or sublight.

HOW??

We know the shields fend off attacks. When the shield is hit by a weapon, does the weapon reemerge inside the ship near the sahield generator? Or do shields work 50% of the time? The ship can shake, understandable. But no reason for coolent to leak in the bridge or slarks to fly unless they were getting hit physically with the energy! It makes no sense!!

If anything, bring shot at should damage the shield generator. Not any other system.

Go Green

You've fell into a plothole. I would just forget about it. Its entertainment, theres gonna be things that just dont make sense or contradict each other.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

It's one of those things that make people like you and me cringe when the wach Stargate

Comment

transfer of energy from the shield generators into the rest of the ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Claw View Post
          transfer of energy from the shield generators into the rest of the ship?
          exept the bridge consoles shouldn't be sparking, there's these things callled circuit breakiers

Comment

I swear that only the Protoss have a sound design of shield generators.

Comment

oh come on!!!

that is by no means a plot hole...your one of the mass of "fans" who use that word loosely and don't understand the meaning of it.

When systems go down, it means there was feedback in the power. An easy way to put it is, pour water over your keyboard. It may spark and cause your whole computer to shut down, it may just break your keyboard.

Shields are nothing but energy bubbles. You still feel the power behind the blast just not the blast itself.

Its in all sci-fi shows when weapons hit ships, so don't say Stargate is the only culprit.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Alternatively, the shields could physically block the attack, like a cardboard box around the ship and the cardboard box has a pillar in the middle to support it (for the metaphor) and when you nudged the edge the pillar would move also. Therefore, the shield generators would move with the attack, and this movement of the generators causes internal damage. Personally I think its a bad idea if that happens.

(I registered just so I could answer this)

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                  In countless scenes where any ship is getting shot at, they loose a system. May it be life support, hyperspace, or sublight.

HOW??

We know the shields fend off attacks. When the shield is hit by a weapon, does the weapon reemerge inside the ship near the sahield generator? Or do shields work 50% of the time? The ship can shake, understandable. But no reason for coolent to leak in the bridge or slarks to fly unless they were getting hit physically with the energy! It makes no sense!!

If anything, bring shot at should damage the shield generator. Not any other system.

here is the solution. if you watch the siege part 3 when the Daedalus arrives. they are getting constantly bombarded and there are no sparks or loss of anything. you can clearly hear the shots hitting the shields and it does shake a little. when the sparks start to fly is when the shield is starting to get drained. i think the theory behind the shield except for the city shield is that if lets say the shields are at 60%. that means that 40% of the energy from the shot is making its way through he shield and it hits the ship. that is the best way i can explain it

Comment

That bugs me more than anything. There is no sound in space, so how would you hear contact on the shields?

Comment

Originally posted by XFire View Post
                      That bugs me more than anything. There is no sound in space, so how would you hear contact on the shields?
                      in three words:

LACK OF CONSULTANTS

or drama, the wrighters either purposly neglected this to make battles more "dramatic", or were just too stupid to realise that there was no sound in space. from what i've seen it can go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427
                        In countless scenes where any ship is getting shot at, they loose a system.
                        ? not as far as I remember...when was the last time a system was loosened during battle ?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          in three words:

LACK OF CONSULTANTS

or drama, the wrighters either purposly neglected this to make battles more "dramatic", or were just too stupid to realise that there was no sound in space. from what i've seen it can go either way.
                          Good thing about BSG, its more realistic

"
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by wkw427
                          In countless scenes where any ship is getting shot at, they loose a system.
                          ? not as far as I remember...when was the last time a system was loosened during battle ? "

Puddle Jumpers, always the first thing to go is Cloak or Weapons. Put them in a different place, or even make the PJ out of an energy absorbing alloy.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            ? not as far as I remember...when was the last time a system was loosened during battle ?
                            Actually in many cases that is what happens in stargate. a control crystal get knocked loosed or overloaded. as soon as it is tracked down and replaced they are good to go.

As for exploding consoles Staragate is fairly good about that until the shields are lowered below 20% Unlike Star Trek where if the enemy sneezes at them a onsole explodes severally injuring a red shirt.

BSG is also good, I think FIrefly was the best. The only time you heard an explosion or noise was after they entered the atmosphere.

Comment

Since sound is simply a movement of energry through a mass of air molecules there is a reasonable way to explain it, but i doubt TPTB went through this amount of effort and just used artistic licence.

If you're in a shielded vessel, there is an energy bubble being projected from your ship (or shield generators at least). The distance between the shield and the emitter is determined by the way your shields are configured around your ship. If weapons fire hits that shield the kinetic energy of the blast will be transferred to the shield bubble and then back to the emitters which are fixed to the ship. Since they are a fixed distance apart, the ship will move in relation to the hits on the shields. This will cause vibrations in the hull and therefore noise..... though again, its a bit of a convoluted thought process.
                              Nu ani Anquietas :: We are the Ancients, well some of us

Comment

Working...
                              X