This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ark of Truth Going Strong

Ark of Truth is in the Top 25 DVD Bestsellers on Amazon...and it's # 1 in TV Sci-Fi and Fantasy. For those who haven't already, you can pre-order a copy here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=stargate04-20

404 Document not found.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

this might be the link he was trying to use http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...ef=pd_ts_d_nav
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Sorry...this is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=stargate04-20

Comment

Bah, they are still charging 40% more for the Canadian version I see (man... that's an even bigger difference than before), even though it only costs them 10% more for their Canadian DVDs (two languages, higher distribution costs, etc). Yeah... I won't be buying this. If the Stargate people and their distribution company are going to treat us this way then they can all go to heck.

They think DVD sales are low right now? Just watch them drop if they keep this up.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
            Bah, they are still charging 40% more for the Canadian version I see (man... that's an even bigger difference than before), even though it only costs them 10% more for their Canadian DVDs (two languages, higher distribution costs, etc). Yeah... I won't be buying this. If the Stargate people and their distribution company are going to treat us this way then they can all go to heck.

They think DVD sales are low right now? Just watch them drop if they keep this up.
            meh. that says it's about 17 dollars right? Well over here's it'll be about the same in pounds which is almost double what it is in dollars............i'm still going to pay that much for it though.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

heh us british get scrwed over. again.

one day when I am uber rich I will bomb america, well all apart from cheyenne mountain

Comment

Originally posted by Lokolo View Post
                heh us british get scrwed over. again.

one day when I am uber rich I will bomb america, well all apart from cheyenne mountain
                Now you my friend I like. Drop by the cantina sometime and we'll talk business.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  meh. that says it's about 17 dollars right? Well over here's it'll be about the same in pounds which is almost double what it is in dollars............i'm still going to pay that much for it though.
                  Britain is a little bit different than Canada. I had an argument about this with Jenks a little while ago, and after that I went and did some research into the situation in Britain (course I didn't do that BEFORE I argued with him, heh). Prices in Britain are driven to a much larger degree by Taxes, Taxes, Shipping costs, Taxes, Tariffs, Taxes, and Duties. There you can blame your government for much of the different between the US price and the British price (though distribution costs, and the different spelling that is necessary on British packaging (and such things) would naturally lead to 20% higher costs than in the US, assuming the DVDs were originally printed in the US and shipped to Britain. If they are all printed in China then the shipping difference to the UK isn't going to add all that much more, is it?).

Here it is a little bit different. Until a few years ago we had been dealing with a low dollar. In fact, only about 6 years ago it was 60 US cents to the Canadian dollar. That meant that 100CN/60US = 66.7% higher costs in Canadian dollars than in American dollars. And for the longest time, the differences between Canadian and US prices exactly followed the up and down motions of the currency, plus 10% to 15%, depending on the product.

That's fair. We realize that prices will be a little higher here what with the two official languages and the smaller, spread out population. That's only natural. But when the US dollar started to plummet and the Canadian dollar didn't, our prices didn't change. The Canadian and US dollars have now been equal for some time (or ours has been above theirs) , and yet we are still paying the same amount today that we were 6 years ago. And the distribution companies *cough*NewsCorp*cough*, not the retailers by and large, are the ones who are taking home the difference.

I don't expect instant action, but comeon, it has been 6 years. What they are doing now is nothing short of highway robbery.

Comment

As a Canadian, I'd like to point out that an Amazon rep actually recommend if I were to buy if from them, buy it from the Amazon.com website, not Amazon.ca, lol. It's like $12 international shipping, but overall there are savings. Personally, I think I'm just gonna wait for BestBuy to get the DVD, they do US$ price matching
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by robitaille88 View Post
                      As a Canadian, I'd like to point out that an Amazon rep actually recommend if I were to buy if from them, buy it from the Amazon.com website, not Amazon.ca, lol. It's like $12 international shipping, but overall there are savings. Personally, I think I'm just gonna wait for BestBuy to get the DVD, they do US$ price matching
                      Me too! Chapters matches US pricing as well. It's all well and good to pre-order from Amazon, but really, Canadians shouldn't be shopping there if they're not equating the dollars, IMHO.
                      sigpic

Comment

Doesn't mean a good AoT wouldn't have sold as well.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

A good AoT is selling well.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            A good AoT is selling well.
                            Too true, it's doing VERY well!
                            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

It sure is nice to see it reasonably priced for Canadians on amazon again. Now I just need to decided if I'm getting the Serenity CE or AoT first.
                              River Tam: My food is problematic.

Comment

Working...
                              X