This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis and Weapons

I was wondering the other day, does Atlantis have weapon batteries built in? I mean, if the wraith were becoming such a threat, you'd think that Ancients wouldve installed weapons of some kind to protect it from say, a fighter attack. This question was sparked when i was watching an episode of ds9, and the station was under attack. You find then that it has its own weapon systems. It would be kind of cool to have an Atlantis with a weapons system like that in antarctica, or just some drone-launching turrets. Just a thought.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

We'll almost definitely find out in the upcoming episode:

Or maybe during the season finale:
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by puddlejumper747; 16 October 2004, 09:46 AM.
    There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

It could also be that Atlantis does have weapons, but they're off-line.
      After all, even the best naqahadah-reactors allow us to power only a fraction of the city.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
        It could also be that Atlantis does have weapons, but they're off-line.
        After all, even the best naqahadah-reactors allow us to power only a fraction of the city.
        And that's probably the best explanation we have so far...
        The second half of season one should almost definitely shine some light upon this mystery...
        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

Personnally... I don't think the ancients really had true weapons... The squiddy guns aren't nessessarly weapons. We just assume so.

Besides, the Ancients were a race supposably dedicated to spreading life and peace.

On the other hand, they did make the stargate destroyer... So that kinda void's my theory x.x
          sigpic
          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

That wasn't a destroyed. Anubis just turned it into a destroyer.

That item wa sused to keep wormholes open for extended periods of time, inorder to do such things as migrate people from one planet to another.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel

That item wa sused to keep wormholes open for extended periods of time, inorder to do such things as migrate people from one planet to another.
              Oh... woops
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Yeah, but keeping it too long would lead to a quiet huge explosion, so....
                "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                  Yeah, but keeping it too long would lead to a quiet huge explosion, so....
                  Dude, what did I just say? I said it was an item used to keep wormholes open for extended periods of time. Within the hands of the Ancients, it would serve its purpose as such. But within the hands of Anubis, its a big bomb.

The Ancients didn't plan on a descended turning it into a weapon of mass destruction.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Maybe the Hive ships are shielded against those squid missiles? I could see Atlantis having a battery of those to unleash if necessary given what an outpost can do.
                    It'd seem too easy if that particular weapon was effective against anything you put it up against.

My other guess is that firing a(nother) type of weapon would have taken power from the city's shields and they didn't risk it.

Comment

Dude, what did I just say? I said it was an item used to keep wormholes open for extended periods of time. Within the hands of the Ancients, it would serve its purpose as such. But within the hands of Anubis, its a big bomb.

The Ancients didn't plan on a descended turning it into a weapon of mass destruction.
                      No not that, but still that sure were aware of its long-term affects
                      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I said this in anouther thread: Don't the PJ's have drone weapons?
                        Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                        Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                        Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                        O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                        We are the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Taonas
                          Besides, the Ancients were a race supposably dedicated to spreading life and peace.
                          What makes you think this?

Comment

Because in the hologram, the woman said that they seeded thousands of worlds with human life and never once had the Ancients shown aggression despite their advanced technology. They only developed weapons to defend themselves while as corpeal beings.

Also, Anubis had probably rigged the gate device to transmit energy that the receiving gate could not disperse, therefore causing a continuous buildup within the gate itself. as noted in the episode, if the energy wasnt dissipated, it would eventually get to a maxium level before the energy would cause an enermous explosion, taking out colorado as well as turning Earth into an uninhabitable planet due to the following atmospheric effects of the explosion.
                            Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy867
                              Because in the hologram, the woman said that they seeded thousands of worlds with human life and never once had the Ancients shown aggression despite their advanced technology.
                              I'm assuming that you meant those as two seperate throughts, because the ancient hologram doesn't say they haven't been aggressive. The problem with your logic is that when you are the biggest guy on the street, who is going to dare oppose you. A strong argument can be made that the Ancients aren't likely to be particularly positive/peaceful people.

And seeding life can have sinster implications as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X