This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Jack O'Neill, RIP

Hell has frozen over, pigs are flying, and Jack O’Neill must be in the grave.

That’s the only possible explanation for the news that Woolsey is to be the commander of Atlantis.

Jack would NEVER allow the stupid, sniveling coward he saw in The Return go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis.

The guy who wanted to have Daniel killed in The Shroud? The man whose poor decisions in Prototype led to the deaths of SGC guards? No way would O’Neill allow this cowardly man with poor judgment to take over Atlantis. Just NO.

So, General O’Neill must be dead. I wish they had shown the funeral on the show….

Disclaimer: The above post is solely intended for the humorous enjoyment by the reader. Noxchild's tongue is firmly in cheek.

No offense is intended to any persons, living or dead, real or fictional.
    Last edited by Noxchild; 06 February 2008, 06:20 PM. Reason: add disclaimer
    The very young do not always do as they are told

Heh...I haven't seen that angled used. You might have a point.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Noxchild View Post

That’s the only possible explanation for the news that Woolsey is to be the commander of Atlantis.

Jack would NEVER allow the stupid, sniveling coward he saw in The Return go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis.

The guy who wanted to have Daniel killed in The Shroud? The man whose poor decisions in Prototype led to the deaths of SGC guards? No way would O’Neill allow this cowardly man with poor judgment to take over Atlantis. Just NO.

So, General O’Neill must be dead. I wish they had shown the funeral on the show….
      First RDA is massively expensive. If they could even get him they would use a huge chunk of their budget just on him instead of things like cool special effects. Second Woolsey made the same call most politicians would in that situation.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

What a bitter end to Sam/Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          What a bitter end to Sam/Jack!
          More like "perfect", in my case.

Comment

I bet there was cake at the services...

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
              And free food!
              sigpic

Comment

A flawed character is better than a perfect one. I think this can open up more possibilities for both the show - and the character, provided we see development of his character.

Could make for some fun - and frustrating - moments!

das
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gange57 View Post
                  They definitely didn't have candy apples and vodka or I would have been there.

I go to some of the weirdest funerals, as I sit here and reminisce.

Comment

and how exactly would he be able to stop the IOA from putting Woolsey in charge?
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Does he even have a say in the matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        and how exactly would he be able to stop the IOA from putting Woolsey in charge?
                        Nobody enters the SGC without the permission of the US military, therefore no one goes through the gate without the OK of the U.S. Air Force.

The Jack we knew and loved would NOT give the OK for Woolsey to go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis. Even if that meant a Battle Royal with the IOA.
                        The very young do not always do as they are told

Comment

They can always play this off as ...... IOA/ NID or whatever were threatening woolsey and he was being forced to make these arguements... Remember they tried to do this to hammond but hammond retired instead. Maybe woolsey had to put up with alot more BS and pressure than everyone saw..

maybe he was on our side and in a tight position all along

i hope

lol
                          BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

I love the actor who plays Woolsey (Robert Picardo) So I like the change.

Comment

Nobody enters the SGC without the permission of the US military, therefore no one goes through the gate without the OK of the U.S. Air Force.

The Jack we knew and loved would NOT give the OK for Woolsey to go through the gate to take charge of Atlantis. Even if that meant a Battle Royal with the IOA.
                              Not his call though. The IOA runs the Atlantis expeition.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X