This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Opening Credits

Anyone else want something different it's been the same for 3 seasons and i think with the direction the series has been going it would be nice to change it up a little
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I do. I've been hoping Woosley would get this position. Maybe I was wrong and Atlantis is heading in a new healthy direction. I'm completely happy with the cast change.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I quite like the current opening sequence...but a change wouldn't be so bad.

As long as the music stays the same.
      ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

I actually love the one they have now, the blue colory-effect, so no new change for me in that department. And please, the music! OMG, never change the music!
        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
        Save Our Seeker!
        LotS on LJ.

Comment

The music should definitely stay, but I'd prefer new visuals. The current one's a bit too flashy and awkward for my tastes, with the little starbursts on the corners of the screen and everything. I like the idea of a simpler title sequence that still incorporates the montage-like shifting between scenes from the show.
          Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
          Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
          Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
          Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Bring back the 10 second intros...

Comment

I've been wanting something different.

I hate the opening theme, always have and always will. As for what they could put in it's place, don't know, but just something different and maybe not so theatrical.

I'm now wondering about the line up. So now Woolsey would take up Carter's spot leaving Teyla the only female in the cast with her face in the intro.

Maybe Teyla can get a new sex change and be called Teyran, just to make the line up more homogenous.

But yeah, a change is at hand with a new leader in the helm---said this for S4 as well.
              Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Stricken View Post
                Bring back the 10 second intros...
                Works for me, the intro only exists to be ignored/skipped for me.

Comment

I hope they don't stick Picardo in the TH/AT second slot after JF. I was pissed when they did that this season with AT. I think RL and JM deserve to be above the newbie. I think the credits should go:

Joe Flanigan
                  Rachel Luttrel
                  Jason Mamoa
                  with Robert Picardo as Richard Woosley
                  and David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                    I hope they don't stick Picardo in the TH/AT second slot after JF. I was pissed when they did that this season with AT. I think RL and JM deserve to be above the newbie. I think the credits should go:

Joe Flanigan
                    Rachel Luttrel
                    Jason Mamoa
                    with Robert Picardo as Richard Woosley
                    and David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay
                    Doubtful. Not with Carter being leader. They could have easily done that with Carter, they chose not too, why would they then put Woolsey in that sort of slot when he's leader?!

However, if they did, I would so like to know the reasoning behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      Doubtful. Not with Carter being leader. They could have easily done that with Carter, they chose not too, why would they then put Woolsey in that sort of slot when he's leader?!

The reasoning would be that RP is a new regular and JM and RL have been with the show for longer and deserve to be higher in the credits than him and the reason AT was given TH's spot was because she was/is and 11 year veteran of the SG franchise.

Perfecto!

Comment

I wouldn't compare Carter and Woolsey. he's made guest appearances on both shows whereas she's been a regular on SG-1 for ten years. anyway I think they'll put him in the second slot
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          The reasoning would be that RP is a new regular and JM and RL have been with the show for longer and deserve to be higher in the credits than him and the reason AT was given TH's spot was because she was/is and 11 year veteran of the SG franchise.
                          I wouldn't care and it would fly as a valid reason because in this instance AT was new to SGA and Woolsey is as recognizable to SG1, from what I can gather and see, as AT would be.

But then again, politics always takes the upper hand in these things, so you might be right.

Comment

I've been wanting something different.

I hate the opening theme, always have and always will. As for what they could put in it's place, don't know, but just something different and maybe not so theatrical.

I'm now wondering about the line up. So now Woolsey would take up Carter's spot leaving Teyla the only female in the cast with her face in the intro.

Maybe Teyla can get a new sex change and be called Teyran, just to make the line up more homogenous.

But yeah, a change is at hand with a new leader in the helm---said this for S4 as well.
                            You hate the theme? Why? I love it. As to the cast order it should be
                            Joe Flanigan
                            Rachel Lutrell
                            Jason Momoa
                            Robert Picardo as Richard Woosley
                            with David Hewlett as Dr.Rodney Mckay
                            As per the visuals leave them as they are just with new scenes.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              You hate the theme? Why? I love it. As to the cast order it should be
                              Joe Flanigan
                              Rachel Lutrell
                              Jason Momoa
                              Robert Picardo as Richard Woosley
                              with David Hewlett as Dr.Rodney Mckay
                              As per the visuals leave them as they are just with new scenes.
                              I noticed, I was of the minority. It just annoys me. I just find it a tad over dramatic for the show, leaving it a bad taste in my mouth. I never sit through the intro because of the theme. If I sit through the intro, that means I've just muted the television.

Comment

Working...
                              X