X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith, and Earth

I find this interesting...

The wraith would never be able to consume everyone on earth. ever.

http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop

Look at that clock. By tomorow, there will be 50,000 more ppl that there were today. Each decade, the increase is more than 100,000,000 times that of the previous decades increase.

The increase from 2000 to 2010 will be approx 900,000,000 (Nine Hundred Million)

If the wraith got here, theyd obviously head to Asia or the middle east (or africa) first.

Obviously youd find alot more cities and clean, new environments in Europe, North America and Oceania, but substiancially less populated.

So when u think about it... There is no REAL threat to our race, unless they just killed us form space... which they wouldnt.

Ok, let's say they wouldn't be able to eat as fast as we procreate, but that gives them a reason to stay here forever. No need to sleep for hundreds of years anymore, they would have an everlasting buffet.

Would they get fat from that ? Then maybe after consuming half of the world population they wouldn't be able to run as fast so the rest can escape with ease. I can totally image that. A three year old kid with a tricycle riding around a big, fat wraith screaming 'GET IN MY BELLY !'
    Last edited by Wicked Wraith of the West; 16 October 2004, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Wraith of the WEST
      Would they get fat from that ? Then maybe after consuming half of the world population they wouldn't be able to run as fast so the rest can escape with ease. I can totally image that. A three year old kid with a tricycle riding around a big, fat wraith screaming 'GET IN MY BELLY !'
      - the wraith dont eat humans, they just feed on their life energy, so it would someting more along the lines of, 'GET IN MY.....PALMS?!'
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blend
        So when u think about it... There is no REAL threat to our race, unless they just killed us form space... which they wouldnt.
        Well, that depends. There are several factors that you would have to consider.

1) Let's assume that Earth resists a Wraith incursion and fails, since a success would lead to an all out orbital assault if we believe the conjecture in Poisoning the Well. Well, resistance is going to breed casualties, skewing the equation for starters, particularly if they target major bases with powerful orbital weapons.

2) Earth under the Wraith would be a very different place. If they felt threatened by our science then for starters they would take out the bulk of Earth's advanced medical capabilities. That will take a big bite out of those numbers.

3) A rampant population might provide an all-you-can eat type deal, but it would be hard to control. The Wraith clearly take steps to keep their 'herds' under the thumb; population growth would be the first thing they would tackle.

So, even if they didn't simply take up permanent residence as unfriendly, neighbourhood vampires, the Wraith would represent a threat to the species, or at least to Earthbound culture. They managed to pick an entire galaxy - albeit a dwarf - clean of intelligent life; a planet - however prosperous and fecund it might be before their arrival - shouldn't present much of a challenge.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The wraith on earth would be more like a cancer. Population decline wouldn't be noticeable at first, but depending on their victims, (mothers, children, etc.),eventually the population numbers come down from what was mentioned in the earlier post. After that, it's just a matter of time before this 'cancer' kills us.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
            - the wraith dont eat humans, they just feed on their life energy, so it would someting more along the lines of, 'GET IN MY.....PALMS?!'
            Yeah..ahhh...that just doesn't sound kosher
            sigpic
            Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
            "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

It would be interesting, though, explaining the myth of vampires on Earth. Just like Daniel Jackson explains civilizations.
              No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
              I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
              Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
                Yeah..ahhh...that just doesn't sound kosher
                As a Jew, I can safely say that feeding off a human is definitly not kosher. Too bad the Wraith aren't Jewish.
                Rocky

Comment

Currently, Earth does not know of the Wraith threat. Therefore, w/o a threat, we do what we do best.. we have se.. i mean.. reproduce...

A presence of Wraith on Earth would instil fear. There is a social pyramid for needs. Our need for survival outweighs our need for reproduction. So, reproduction rates would decline horrendously.

A. Stay here while the Wraith is coming and have intercourse with woman with the chance that both of you will be dead before the child is born.

B. Run and run fast.

Comment

And so Western Civiliztion cermbles...lol
                    Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                    O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                    We are the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Macilnar
                      And so Western Civiliztion cermbles...lol
                      ^_^ yay!

Comment

Ok, I need something clarified I heard on anouther forum *Spoiler*that the Wrath meet up with Anubis?!? And he tells them about Earth and where it is.*Spoiler*
                        Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                        We are the Ancients

Comment

Macilnar, not happening.
                          Rocky

Comment

Good. Because it would really mess up the series.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                            We are the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Macilnar
                              Ok, I need something clarified I heard on anouther forum *Spoiler*that the Wrath meet up with Anubis?!? And he tells them about Earth and where it is.*Spoiler*
                              That's one "cross-over" that had better never happen!

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X