This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Interesting Questions

1) We know that Asgard is a very advanced race, and they have very very advanced technology that enables them "faster-than-light travel that can launch an Asgard vessel from one galaxy to another in minutes." So here is the question, since the Asgard come to Milky Way Galaxy quite often, do they ever show up in the Pegasus Galaxy? I meant after all, Pegasus Galaxy is next to Milky Way and the Asgard sure have the techology to go here. (ps, it only take Earth's new battle cruiser, the Daedalus 4 day to reach Pegasus Galaxy)

2) So if the Asgard can go to the Pegasus Galaxy but didn't go there (to help those poor humans or for whatever reason), could it be: A) The Asgard is not interested in the Pegasus Galaxy; B) They knew from the start that the Wraiths are there and don't want to piss monsters off? The Asgard seems to be a really nice race, if they are willing to help some humans in the Milky Way Galaxy from the Goa'uld, why they did not also help those humans in Pegasus Galaxy?

3) What would happen if Replicators find out about the Wraiths? lol, I would imagine the all powerful Wraith would have a hard time dealing with the bug problem when most of them are still sleeping. Just look at the "Rising, Part 2", if C4 can blow a hole in the Wraith's Hive spaceship, how can the Wraith surive against an attack from the Replicators (if that ever happen of course)?

Anyone else got any thoughts?
    Last edited by Kiddington; 16 October 2004, 01:15 AM.

The Asgard probably know somehow about the Wraith, or just that the enemy that defeated the Ancients is there. They may just be too scared to go there or they were told not to go there by the Ancients.

The replicators would be a pain in the ass for the Wraith, but we all know replicator spray is no match for Wraith breath. Would be fun though, an unsuspecting wraith trying to suck the life out of a human replicator and getting his ass kicked.

Comment

Well, the Wraith Hive ships for the most part, are bio-organic. Not metal. So eventually, the replicators would starve to death.

Also, to answer your second question, the Asgard have been, for the most part, tied up in a long drawn out war against the Replicators. They really don't have time for such things.

They are either barely trying to enforce the Goa'uld/Asgard Treaty, evacing their planets to move to Orilla, or fighting the replicators.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Kiddington
        1) We know that Asgard is a very advanced race, and they have very very advanced technology that enables them "faster-than-light travel that can launch an Asgard vessel from one galaxy to another in minutes." So here is the question, since the Asgard come to Milky Way Galaxy quite often, do they ever show up in the Pegasus Galaxy? I meant after all, Pegasus Galaxy is next to Milky Way and the Asgard sure have the techology to go here. (ps, it only take Earth's new battle cruiser, the Daedalus 4 day to reach Pegasus Galaxy)

3) What would happen if Replicators find out about the Wraiths? lol, I would imagine the all powerful Wraith would have a hard time dealing with the bug problem when most of them are still sleeping. Just look at the "Rising, Part 2", if C4 can blow a hole in the Wraith's Hive spaceship, how can the Wraith surive against an attack from the Replicators (if that ever happen of course)?

-well, i just want to say that they never said pegusas was right next to the milky way, so it probably wouldnt take minutes, more along the lines of days or weeks as you have already pointed out.
        -the wraith wouldnt be a very good match for the replicators. first, their weapons are energy weapons designed to incapacitate. they would have absolutley no effect. it would be a cool episode though where the atlantis team encounters a downed wraith hive ship on some planet only to find it infested with replicators, and then they would become a sub-enemy, like the genii.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
          -well, i just want to say that they never said pegusas was right next to the milky way, so it probably wouldnt take minutes, more along the lines of days or weeks as you have already pointed out.
          -the wraith wouldnt be a very good match for the replicators. first, their weapons are energy weapons designed to incapacitate. they would have absolutley no effect. it would be a cool episode though where the atlantis team encounters a downed wraith hive ship on some planet only to find it infested with replicators, and then they would become a sub-enemy, like the genii.
          No... Please don't bring the replicators into Atlantis... I don't want TPTB doing to the replicators what Star Trek did to the Borg.

The replicators are getting tiresome in SG1, bringing them to Atlantis would just make them really annoying.
          sigpic
          In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

They're too busy fighting the replicators and trying to survive. They can't really be bothered going to the Pegasus galaxy with the replicators in tow.

2) So if the Asgard can go to the Pegasus Galaxy but didn't go there (to help those poor humans or for whatever reason), could it be: A) The Asgard is not interested in the Pegasus Galaxy; B) They knew from the start that the Wraiths are there and don't want to piss monsters off? The Asgard seems to be a really nice race, if they are willing to help some humans in the Milky Way Galaxy from the Goa'uld, why they did not also help those humans in Pegasus Galaxy?
            The wraith are more dangerous than the Goa'uld (kinda) and with the Goa'uld the Asgard are already familiar with the tech that they're using. Plus, as I stated before- the fun, fun replicators are always around.

Nothing, wraith ships seem to be bio, replicators wouldn't bother with those- they would go to Atlantis before they find the wraith.
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
              They're too busy fighting the replicators and trying to survive. They can't really be bothered going to the Pegasus galaxy with the replicators in tow.

The wraith are more dangerous than the Goa'uld (kinda) and with the Goa'uld the Asgard are already familiar with the tech that they're using. Plus, as I stated before- the fun, fun replicators are always around.

Nothing, wraith ships seem to be bio, replicators wouldn't bother with those- they would go to Atlantis before they find the wraith.

Wow....damn near what I said.

PS. Since the Wraith control 99.99% of the PG, the Replicators would encounter the Wraith long before they found Atlantia.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
              [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

"Wraith vs Replicator" Sounds like a monster movie.
                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                which the intellect scorns."
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                  "Wraith vs Replicator" Sounds like a monster movie.
                  Whoever wins, we lose

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    Whoever wins, we lose
                    Sometimes we lose just because they make the movie....
                    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                    it has it's own laws and beats about things
                    which the intellect scorns."
                    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Since the Wraith ships are bio based I doubt the replicators will have much to consume. Unless of course their trying to go for ever more human characteristics by incorporating biomatter into their makeup. However, if the two were ever to cross paths I think the replicators will win. Remember the bug that got onto the Russian sub and used its acid spray on the sailors? The Wraiths would never die by any natural causes, but getting spray down with acid is not natural at all, not to mention a very painful way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SP90
                        Since the Wraith ships are bio based I doubt the replicators will have much to consume. Unless of course their trying to go for ever more human characteristics by incorporating biomatter into their makeup. However, if the two were ever to cross paths I think the replicators will win. Remember the bug that got onto the Russian sub and used its acid spray on the sailors? The Wraiths would never die by any natural causes, but getting spray down with acid is not natural at all, not to mention a very painful way to go.
                        Hehe, but the replicators also can "learn" technologies from the Wraiths. (thus enables them to replicate using bio-materials)

I am sure the Wraiths got hell lot knowledge that the replicators will find useful.

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom

Hehe, but the replicators also can "learn" technologies from the Wraiths. (thus enables them to replicate using bio-materials)

I am sure the Wraiths got hell lot knowledge that the replicators will find useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Whoever wins, we lose
                            hehe, we humans can just watch them fight, and kill the left overs

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks

The THE STARGATE OMNIPEDIA said:

Galaxy relatively near Earth's home galaxy, the Milky Way, to which the Ancients traveled when they left Earth with the city of Atlantis between five and 10 million years ago.

So I assumed it is fairly close to Milky Way. (They also said it only took 4 days from Earth to PG)

Comment

Working...
                              X