PDA

View Full Version : How many episodes do you think Carter will appear in?

Skydiver
February 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
Just what the title says

jenks
February 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
Four.

TheGreatLordGeorge
February 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
it really depends on her new role. Ideally 5 or 6 but that might not fit the storyline

Skydiver
February 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
and 1 isn't an option since we know it'll be at least one and we know it won't be 0 :)

Jumper_One
February 3rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
I think she'll appear in 6 eps. I'm certainly hoping for more but she's a recurring character in s5. anyway both Joe and AT have said that they would like to bring her back for several eps so I think six eps are realistic but at the same time I'm hopeful for more

miju
February 3rd, 2008, 04:43 PM
too many

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
I think she'll appear in 6 eps. I'm certainly hoping for more but she's a recurring character in s5. anyway both Joe and AT have said that they would like to bring her back for several eps so I think six eps are realistic but at the same time I'm hopeful for more

Ideally I'd want 6 but most likely no more than 4 or 5.

hisg1fans
February 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I voted for 7.

13 epidsodes of Sanctuary + 7 of SGA = a regular 20 episode season.

Go Sam :sam:

Thanks for the poll :)

Mitchell82
February 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
I voted for 7.

13 epidsodes of Sanctuary + 7 of SGA = a regular 20 episode season.

Go Sam :sam:

Thanks for the poll :)

Hmm actually that is possible.

Bagpuss
February 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Neat poll,Skydiver.:cool:
My very cautious guess is for only 3 Carter ep appearances.
The opener,plus two in the back half,if Sanctuary scheduling permits.

Uncle Tobias
February 3rd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm going for a 3 aswell, mostly as I'm slightly cynical to the nature of 'recurring' when previous characters have been touted as such, then only shown up in about that many.

Skydiver
February 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
i'm thinking 3 as well...and super optimistically for 5, but i just doubt that there'll be as much room for her as some would like. the show and stories will move on

SeaBee
February 3rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
I've gone for 2. I have a feeling it will be the first 2 eps, followed by "Don't let the iris catch you on the way out."

Bagpuss
February 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'm going for a 3 aswell, mostly as I'm slightly cynical to the nature of 'recurring' when previous characters have been touted as such, then only shown up in about that many.
Ditto ! :) I'm cagey too.Especially after BAMSR .( The last tiny scene.;))

i'm thinking 3 as well...and super optimistically for 5, but i just doubt that there'll be as much room for her as some would like. the show and stories will move on
Three with an upper limit of five ,if Carter is used right and there's room for her.That could work .:cool:
Normally ,I would be an optimist ,but I think it'd be unrealistic to want the PTB to cram Carter in too many episodes .
They already have to introduce and flesh out the new commander,plus Captain Porter ,and fit in the usual mix or stories.
I'm hoping the Carter eps are few ,but used wisely to add to the mix.Like you say ,the show/stories move on.

ToasterOnFire
February 3rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Definitely less than 7, most likely less than 5, perhaps even 2-3. I guess I'll vote for 4. :D

PG15
February 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM

That seems to be the magic "recurring" number. ;)

Reiko
February 3rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
My bets are on 4 or 6. But probably not 5, because that's a weird odd number. 4 or 6. ;)

majorsal
February 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
i chose 6.

what i'd like is 10+, but i don't know if that's an option with amanda's time.

sally :)

Uber
February 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
I'll go with the supremely optimistic 7 but will be happy with whatever we get. :)

Jumper_One
February 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
Ideally I'd want 6 but most likely no more than 4 or 5.

maybe 6 is a little optimistic. I still think it'll be at least 4 eps, there's probably a good chance to see more of her in the back half

btw who voted for 18? :P

sueKay
February 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
I'd say 6

Heaven
February 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
maybe this poll should be about how many episodes you HOPE Carter will be in

Briangate78
February 3rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
I am gonna say she will be in about 5 eps!

Linzi
February 3rd, 2008, 10:12 PM
I've gone for three. We know Carter is in one, and I'm thinking, all being well, AT might be available for two near the end of the season. With AT's priority being on Sanctuary, I just can't see how she'll be able to fit in any more episodes. :(

Mack_1
February 3rd, 2008, 10:49 PM
maybe this poll should be about how many episodes you HOPE Carter will be in

WellI hope she'll be in more than 10 but I know that's not possible so I vote for 5 and that's if AT has the time from Sanctuary.. wich I hope she could :sam:

VSS
February 3rd, 2008, 10:53 PM
maybe 6 is a little optimistic. I still think it'll be at least 4 eps, there's probably a good chance to see more of her in the back half

btw who voted for 18? :P

Wow. 18? Someone who's even more optimistic than me?

I'll take what I can get, but I voted for 3. Remember what happened to Jack and Jonas.

Don't let the iris hit you on the way out, indeed.:(

Kliggins
February 4th, 2008, 02:26 AM
Neat poll,Skydiver.:cool:
My very cautious guess is for only 3 Carter ep appearances.
The opener,plus two in the back half,if Sanctuary scheduling permits.

Party Pooper! I went for 4. :p

Bagpuss
February 4th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Neener ! :P You are such a Pollyanna by comparison this time around, I agree,lol ! :D

Promethius30
February 4th, 2008, 02:47 AM
2 and 1 new sg1 movie

Skydiver
February 4th, 2008, 04:22 AM
with the idea taht, once sanctuary is done, her availability will be about the same as this year - in other words, much more open after the mid season break - i can see that she'd be AVAILABLE for a good chunk of the second half...but i have a feeling that the show will move on without her and, although she might have the time, they just won't have the motivation.

I'm not saying that it's mean or unreasonable or anything...the show will just move on. That's how it happens.

I think that, after S&R, Sam will be gone, but there will be an effort to bring her back in the second half (knowing that she'll have more time) and that'll be about it.

dipsofjazz
February 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I voted for an optimistic 5 episodes, although I think it'll probably be more like 2 or 3 at the most. :(

vaberella
February 4th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I voted 3. Figured it's a good number, not too many but you won't totally misss her.

Platschu
February 4th, 2008, 11:31 AM
6 seems to be an acceptable number for me. :)

SamJackShipLover
February 4th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I went with 4. And good point Sky, how are they going to use the Sam character in the 2nd half? It won't do the show any good to force Sam into it.

Maya
February 4th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Probably way too optimistic but went for 8 :sam34:

Ruffles
February 4th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I went with 4. And good point Sky, how are they going to use the Sam character in the 2nd half? It won't do the show any good to force Sam into it.

I went with 4 as well - the resolution to the S4 finale and another to write her out. Then a couple of more later. The hard part to guessing is not knowing (as SJSL pointed out) what her new role is. Why is Carter leaving - illness, marriage, new assignment, new enemy in MW? Her appearances have to make sense.

Mitchell82
February 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I went with 4 as well - the resolution to the S4 finale and another to write her out. Then a couple of more later. The hard part to guessing is not knowing (as SJSL pointed out) what her new role is. Why is Carter leaving - illness, marriage, new assignment, new enemy in MW? Her appearances have to make sense.

Agreed.

prion
February 4th, 2008, 12:55 PM

She can easily be reassigned. Illness? Allergy to Rodney McKay? Didn't pay her taxes? ;)

Hmm... the thing is there has always been the potential to remove her. After all, if they make more SG1 films, the character wouldn't be there... (nor would the actress), unless they filmed during the time SGA wasn't filming...

Sam & Jack Shipper
February 4th, 2008, 01:29 PM
i chose 6.

what i'd like is 10+, but i don't know if that's an option with amanda's time.

sally :)
I am being overly optimistic....14.....

Trek_Girl42
February 4th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I'll say 4.5- the opener, and then the beginning of the second episode in more of cameo appearance as a goodbye/changing of the guard of Atlantis leader, and she'll come back near the end of the season for two or three eps.

So I voted 4. ;)

girlinabox
February 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I say 6.

Killdeer
February 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I put five, but that was the most I thought she might appear in. I'm guessing between 3-5. I think she'll have two right off, as Ruffles said. And then possibly one more in the first half and a couple in the second half depending on her schedule.

Shan Bruce Lee
February 5th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I voted 5 because it's not multiple choice. Otherwise I'd say 4-5.

Pharaoh Atem
February 5th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Just what the title says

8 i'm sure woolsey will need some help now being in command

g.o.d
February 5th, 2008, 07:43 AM
who cares??

but I think 5

EH-T
February 5th, 2008, 12:58 PM
with the idea taht, once sanctuary is done, her availability will be about the same as this year - in other words, much more open after the mid season break - i can see that she'd be AVAILABLE for a good chunk of the second half...but i have a feeling that the show will move on without her and, although she might have the time, they just won't have the motivation.

I'm not saying that it's mean or unreasonable or anything...the show will just move on. That's how it happens.

I think that, after S&R, Sam will be gone, but there will be an effort to bring her back in the second half (knowing that she'll have more time) and that'll be about it.

I agree with what you said. I would love to see her in as many episodes as possible. I voted for a wildly optimistic 6 but, realistically, think it will likely be a lot less. I read somewhere that Sanctuary would be done filming in July and I think that is when Stargate usually takes its break. If that is the case, AT would be available for the last half of the season. Unfortunately, with a new commander, a new recurring character (Porter), the return of Beckett, etc I doubt she will be included in many scripts. :(

Platschu
February 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM
4. Samantha Carter will appear in several episodes.

Given Amanda’s upcoming commitment, it’s impossible to offer an exact number of episodes. As I said, it really has everything to do with a) her schedule and b) the types of stories we come up with. However, I can say that, at present, we do have her locked in for two.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/02/05/february-5-2008-extra-extra-read-all-about-it/

VSS
February 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Yes, then two is all we'll get.
Carter deserves a really good send-off- like Daniel Jackson got in Meridian. (Not that I want her to die, mind you, but after being on Stargate for 11 years it would be nice for her to get her own episode). But with two eps, she won't get it. Those are just to finish off the the end-of-the season cliffhanger, the first two episodes of the new season.

Then it'll be a couple of lines about where she's going and why, and that's it.

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Yes, then two is all we'll get.
Carter deserves a really good send-off- like Daniel Jackson got in Meridian. (Not that I want her to die, mind you, but after being on Stargate for 11 years it would be nice for her to get her own episode). But with two eps, she won't get it. Those are just to finish off the the end-of-the season cliffhanger, the first two episodes of the new season.

Then it'll be a couple of lines about where she's going and why, and that's it.

we might see Carter in another ep or two in the back half of s5 ;) also both AT and Joe have said they'd like the character to make guest appearances in the future

Fenrir Foxz
February 7th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm going to be optimistic and say 6 :D

SGFerrit
February 7th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I think 5. With 2 already locked in, I think another 3 are possible.

SGFerrit
February 7th, 2008, 01:43 PM
who cares??

but I think 5

Lots of people, obviously.

Mitchell82
February 7th, 2008, 02:12 PM
we might see Carter in another ep or two in the back half of s5 ;) also both AT and Joe have said they'd like the character to make guest appearances in the future

Agreed and I hope so.

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Agreed and I hope so.

so do I :)

VSS
February 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM

I hate to be terribly cynical, but I don't really buy this. It's good press for both of them to say that, isn't it? We know AT will probably have the time in the second half of the season, but it's contingent upon "b) the types of stories we can come up with."

That doesn't sound really encouraging to me. Why would they go out of their way to write her in? And even if they do, is she going to get the big Sam-centered ep she deserves after eleven years? Not as a guest appearance, she's not.

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I hate to be terribly cynical, but I don't really buy this. It's good press for both of them to say that, isn't it?

of course

We know AT will probably have the time in the second half of the season, but it's contingent upon "b) the types of stories we can come up with."

That doesn't sound really encouraging to me. Why would they go out of their way to write her in? And even if they do, is she going to get the big Sam-centered ep she deserves after eleven years? Not as a guest appearance, she's not.

yeah I don't expect a Sam-centered ep but I think there's at least the possibility for one or two additonal eps as a guest star. hey it's better than nothing. I think out of all the characters TBTB might consider bringing back for another ep in the back half, she's the one with the best chances. why? because like you said this character's been around for eleven years and Atlantis is probably the last chance to see her again (except for future movies of course). I certainly hope for more Sam in s5 (and future season) :)

majorsal
February 7th, 2008, 06:11 PM
yeah I don't expect a Sam-centered ep but I think there's at least the possibility for one or two additonal eps as a guest star. hey it's better than nothing. I think out of all the characters TBTB might consider bringing back for another ep in the back half, she's the one with the best chances. why? because like you said this character's been around for eleven years and Atlantis is probably the last chance to see her again (except for future movies of course). I certainly hope for more Sam in s5 (and future season) :)

atlantis is the my fave chance of seeing more sam. the movies are kind of depressing for me, because it includes certain elements i don't enjoy. atlantis is a good and entertaining show, that's included the wonderful character of sam into it's mythology. joe and amanda have a good relationship and her leaving hasn't left any negative feelings behind. i'd say the chances of including sam in future eps is very good. :)

i'm REALLY curious, though, on how sam's being written out (as leader). it's got to be something that won't be hard for sam to come back from. (marriage to jack would work for me :D, as would ship commander :D)

sally :sam:

Lt. Colonel Cameron Mitchell
February 7th, 2008, 06:13 PM
3 or 4 episodes I wish it was all 20 but Amanda made her decision and I respect that so I'll just have to try and get use to Woolsey. :S:S:S

VSS
February 7th, 2008, 06:21 PM
atlantis is the my fave chance of seeing more sam. the movies are kind of depressing for me, because it includes certain elements i don't enjoy. atlantis is a good and entertaining show, that's included the wonderful character of sam into it's mythology. joe and amanda have a good relationship and her leaving hasn't left any negative feelings behind. i'd say the chances of including sam in future eps is very good. :)

i'm REALLY curious, though, on how sam's being written out (as leader). it's got to be something that won't be hard for sam to come back from. (marriage to jack would work for me :D, as would ship commander :D)

Why not both?

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
atlantis is the my fave chance of seeing more sam. the movies are kind of depressing for me, because it includes certain elements i don't enjoy.

I won't say anything about AoT but I'm looking forward to Continuum and Sam's role. of course there's also Jack... :D

atlantis is a good and entertaining show, that's included the wonderful character of sam into it's mythology. joe and amanda have a good relationship and her leaving hasn't left any negative feelings behind. i'd say the chances of including sam in future eps is very good. :)

I feel the same way, there are a lot of possibilities. it's good to know that both AT and Joe try to to include her in some more s5 eps (back half) and hopefully also some in s6

LOl you know I'd actually be happy if TBTB would confirm her relationship with Jack. then this issue would finally be settled and everybody could move on. I think TBTB would never write her out in a way that might damage the character so I don't really worry about that. as long as they give her the possibility to show up in future eps :)

Jumper_One
February 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
3 or 4 episodes I wish it was all 20 but Amanda made her decision and I respect that so I'll just have to try and get use to Woolsey. :S:S:S

so do I :D

Why not both?

:lol:

Ruffles
February 8th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I hate to be terribly cynical, but I don't really buy this. It's good press for both of them to say that, isn't it? We know AT will probably have the time in the second half of the season, but it's contingent upon "b) the types of stories we can come up with."

I think it depends on how they write her out. I would use "Michael" as an example of an ep that was a huge meaty role for a guest star. If they storyline supports it, they can certainly write an ep that features her in a return spot.

Jumper_One
February 8th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I think it depends on how they write her out. I would use "Michael" as an example of an ep that was a huge meaty role for a guest star. If they storyline supports it, they can certainly write an ep that features her in a return spot.

let's hope they do :)

Killdeer
February 8th, 2008, 01:31 PM

She's in two episodes right now. I'm guessing that's Search and Rescue and the episode that explains her leaving. I'm guessing that episode (as yet unidentified) will be a big Sam-centered episode. However, you're right that return guest appearances are probably only going to have her assisting the regular crew, rather than having the episode center around her.

melfan
February 9th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I voted 4, casue it all depends on the storyline and if she's aviable, she's starting her new show Sancturary. New or new, they made 8 webisodes.
But if she's commited to that show she probably won't be around as much in SGA. I love to see here in SGA, but for me she will always be associated with SG-1.

Mitchell82
February 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I voted 4, casue it all depends on the storyline and if she's aviable, she's starting her new show Sancturary. New or new, they made 8 webisodes.
But if she's commited to that show she probably won't be around as much in SGA. I love to see here in SGA, but for me she will always be associated with SG-1.

Agreed.

Egle01
February 12th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I like 7, so that's my pick. The truth is I'm pleased when I see her in 3+ eps.