Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Channel 7 (Australia) does something right for a change!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 7 (Australia) does something right for a change!

Here in Australia... (Well Brisbane & Sydney) we are finally getting Season 8! If you live in Australia, then you know how bad sci-fi is treated here... but Stargate has had a surprisingly good run down under, consistantly beating shows like Dawson's Creek...

But there's also a downside to this, it's up against The Apprentice. Now I know the show is a ratings phenomenom in the USA, and down here it has quite a following so it's going to be a very interesting battle...

Any thoughts?
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

I don't think sci-fi/sg viewers would pass their show for a reality show, unless they really really love the Apprentice, but over here in America (well nvm, i'm in Japan right now), Apprentice's ratings are slowly going downhill
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic about this starting of season 8.

Channel seven have a history of showing the second half of a season, sticking the first 4 or five eps of the first half of the next season on the end of that, then waiting a year before it continues that season.

And i've not heard any news yet about atlantis. and if they dont show atlantis with season 8 then im not gonna be too impressed.

I'll just wait and see before i start getting too excited.

as for it being up against the apprentice.. well.. ive never been a fan of reality shows.. and seriously dont see the appeal. and most people i know who are fans wouldnt want to swap stargate for the apprentice.

Comment

Well apparently Seven has bought Atlantis, but who knows when they'll show it... It'd would be stupid not to show it with SG1!

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
          Well apparently Seven has bought Atlantis, but who knows when they'll show it... It'd would be stupid not to show it with SG1!
          I agree. It will lose its significance if they're not shown at the same time. And as I've noted in another thread, by putting the Season 8 eps on at 9:30 on thursdays means that there is enough time to put Atlantis on afterwards.

Unless someone rings Channel seven in the next week though, I doubt we'll find out. We could just be patient and wait, hope filled, that they would do the right thing.

I'm thinking that if they are going to show atlantis along side sg-1, it'll go something like this.

this week: new order pt.1
          next week: new order p.2,
          week after: atlantis rising, part 1 &2 (if part two isnt shown a week later, but they might use the timeslot to get people prepared for the next week.)
          week after that: Lockdown and hide and seek.

again, it's all just wishful thinking.

Comment

If Atlantis isn't shown right after SG1, maybe the next night? I don't know Seven's schedule so yah.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

well, i live in south australia, and channel 7 is only upto season 7. And! it was originally on wed and thurs nights at 10: 30, but last week they had two eps on in a row at 10 on thurs AT 10:30!! what has become of these people!
              it used to be on at 7 30 when it started! its so annoying!
              Teal'c: Chelnak!
              Daniel: Direct translation: Very cool!

Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Jack O'Neill: "Au revoir"... it's French for "ciao"

Daniel Jackson: Can we stop agreeing on how we're gonna die, and start doing something about it?

Comment

Well in Brisbane we've been having it every wednesday and thursday night, with the exception of the week just gone, where they played the 2 hour 'event' from 10 onwards, and was pretty heavily advertised along with the amazing race...my mum still managed to miss the ads tho, and missed the last hour oops. Next weeks schedule has the plane crash show and the homicide show on again on wednesday, and on thursday, new order pt1 at 9:30pm- no signs of atlantis that week though . They've put on a few cancelled series this week i noticed(maybe they'll finally put firefly on...wishful thinking i know), and the season of tru calling is finishing up soon, so maybe there could be a spot for atlantis there, on tuesday nights. the sucky thing is tho, that they could play SG1 without Atlantis, and no one would be none the wiser as there is next to no mention of the atlantis team going to atlantis. what sucks even more, is that mutant X is on wednesday night, where Atlantis could be...and lets face it, Atlantis would be a lot better viewing than mutant x lol. Like Jafana suggested, perhaps they'll play atlantis after SG1 on thursday...they did start a new series for that night, but playing it straight is almost over...so maybe! fingers crossed!! ok...lol...so long rant...oops.

~~Close To Crazy~~
                Psychotic Kitten
                'we can all read between the lines'

Comment

I hope Atlantis is on right after Stargate on the Thursday night.

Comment

By the way, in the TV Guide for this week one of the shows that's on at 10:00 on Wednesday is finishing, that could be a potential timeslot. I'd still prefer it to be on after Stargate SG-1 on Thursday, though.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Here's the latest news that's made me laugh!

The Apprentice has been moved to 10-30pm on Thursday night... Channel 9 scared or something?

Comment

Seven 1; Nine 0 It would be funny if they moved the timeslot again if Atlantis was announced for 10:30.

Comment

Seven's got a pretty good line-up at the moment: 8:00 pm The Simple Life 2, 8:30 pm The Amazing Race (Which is pretty entertaining), 9:30 pm Stargate SG-1.

Comment

If I was in charge of programming, I would have pissed off Simple Life 2 and put The Amazing Race (an excellent show, pity Channel 7 has only just now jumped on the bandwagon) at 7-30pm, Stargate SG-1 at 8-30pm and then Stargate Atlantis on at 9-30pm.

Or they could always do Stargate on Wednesday nights and Atlantis on Thursday nights. So many possibilities. And they can't complain that there's no space for these new shows, all they need to do is just piss off those crappy "Extreme Super Terrific Lifestyle Makeover Airport Border Investigation" type shows.

Comment

The Simple Life has its season finale next week...

Comment

Working...
                              X