This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does Atlantis fit in?

I would like to see some eps that look at the history of the anchients a bit more eg

they started on earth, and yet there lost city atlantis is in the pegasus galaxy, how did the myths of Atlantis reach us if the ancients moved on from the part of space long ago(5th race).

And also the Romans new them as the builder of roads, did that mean that there was contact between the ancients and earth recently, is their a 3rd gate on earth somewhere in a roman wine cellar?

I just would like their to be some back story as to how Atlantis is all the way out there?

Any ideas

i think the back story is that atlantis was origionally on earth but then they flew it to pegasus. As for the romans i just always assumed that it was the assended anciants, which i think makes sence

Comment

But the ascended ancients don't interfere with lower affairs...

That is a puzzle. Possibly an 'honest' Goa'uld admitted to not building the gates? Or some smart geezer found writings or summat...:s

Comment

Flew it, Flew it, whats that about?

They flew the island, so the island theat legend says sank, you say that the SG1 PTB have taken this to flying it off the planet? Can you imagine, the Gould use a pyramid as a landing pad, what the hell would an island need?

Could be the gate to the island sank and became frozen in the ice?
        Last edited by Cyrstal Skull Alien; 06 May 2004, 05:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

It flew off from Antarctica, simple as that

Comment

Any suffiently advanced technology would appear to be magic to the uninitiated... Who knows exactly what happens until it's shown
            The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I think Atlantis will go deeper into the Ancients. I certainly hope they do, because there is a LOT of unanswered questions there. Also, let's hope they finally have the Furlings show up...or at least have an episode dedicated to what ever happened to the little Ewokish guys.
              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrstal Skull Alien
                they started on earth, and yet there lost city atlantis is in the pegasus galaxy, how did the myths of Atlantis reach us if the ancients moved on from the part of space long ago(5th race).
                no where has it said that the ancients started on earth. it has been suggested that we may be their descendents but it has never said that the ancients started on earth. if anything it has been suggested that human life did not evolve on this planet the way we think it did because of our possible relation to the ancients. the only thing that has ever been said about the ancients on earth for certain is that they had an out post here long long ago. its not personal i just hate how everyone has started assuming that earth was the original homeplanet of the ancients and this was the first world with a stargate.

Comment

Exaclty, perhaps Earth was just the first planet visted by the Ancients in our galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    no where has it said that the ancients started on earth. it has been suggested that we may be their descendents but it has never said that the ancients started on earth. if anything it has been suggested that human life did not evolve on this planet the way we think it did because of our possible relation to the ancients. the only thing that has ever been said about the ancients on earth for certain is that they had an out post here long long ago. its not personal i just hate how everyone has started assuming that earth was the original homeplanet of the ancients and this was the first world with a stargate.
                    Actually, I've found most people assuming the opposite, and when they do that they seem to get everything else muddled around

The Lost City was on Earth at one point, we know that. There is a lot of compelling evidence that Earth is the homeworld of the Ancients...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                      Actually, I've found most people assuming the opposite, and when they do that they seem to get everything else muddled around

The Lost City was on Earth at one point, we know that. There is a lot of compelling evidence that Earth is the homeworld of the Ancients...
                      where? "Frozen" gave us evidence that we may be decended from them, and Atlantis may have been on earth but that isnt evidence that earth was their homeworld. if earth had been the homeworld of a race that existed for millions of years and was advanced enough and big enough to spread stargates among at least three galaxies, there would be more evidence of their presence left here on earth. yes there may be more burried under the ice in antartica but a race that grew to the point to spread to thousands, perhaps millions, of planets, among three galaxies, would have had to have spread to the other continents on this planet and populated earth with at least as many people as there are currently on earth so there would have to be signs left somwhere! i fully accept that we may be decended from the ancients and they had an outpost and city here but if this was their planet of origin there would have to be more evidence somewhere!

Comment

What if they packed everything up and left? Nothing is really indefinate (expect of course for the pyramids...which could be a message). What if they set Earth as a park and packed up and went to Mars or somewhere else?
                        If they used up all the naquada in our solar system building the gates, they could have moved their entire civilization to another solar system, leaving Atlantis behind.
                        In S7 Fallen, that city was supposed to be the crown jewel of the entire ancient domain. Maybe they moved around a lot?
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                          where? "Frozen" gave us evidence that we may be decended from them, and Atlantis may have been on earth but that isnt evidence that earth was their homeworld. if earth had been the homeworld of a race that existed for millions of years and was advanced enough and big enough to spread stargates among at least three galaxies, there would be more evidence of their presence left here on earth. yes there may be more burried under the ice in antartica but a race that grew to the point to spread to thousands, perhaps millions, of planets, among three galaxies, would have had to have spread to the other continents on this planet and populated earth with at least as many people as there are currently on earth so there would have to be signs left somwhere! i fully accept that we may be decended from the ancients and they had an outpost and city here but if this was their planet of origin there would have to be more evidence somewhere!
                          Maybe they took all the evidence away when they ascended?

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Maybe they took all the evidence away when they ascended?
                            why? they didnt take the evidence in antartica away. or any of the evidence on the dozens of planets we have found remains on so far. the ancients seem almost intent on leaving stuff behind for others to find and use.

Comment

Maybe they are littler-bugs?

What if the Ancients also designed and lived in those floating cities like the Nox do? They just flew them to another planet?
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                              X