This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Recurring" Character

So Carter's going to become a "recurring" character? Just like Ford and Weir eh?

I mention it because Ford and Weir haven't really had much luck staying alive (ok we don't know for sure about Weir yet). So does this mean the end for are beloved doctor/captain/major/lieutenant colonel/repli/colonel Carter???????????? Who's been with us these past 11 years...

Or does it mean the SG1 movies will get her back
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

LOL, I don't think it will mean the end of her. She's more stargate than anybody, and JM has already expressed that they wanted her back for a fifth season, which is unlike the ford and weir situation. And if Atlantis 'offed' Carter what would that mean for the SG1 movies!

I think 1. she will be called back to earth for some major catastrofy, 2. she will be replaced by the IOA, or 3. she will give up the position for emotional reasons (the pressure, she doesn't like the job, and she's too far away from her loved ones, etc).
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
      So Carter's going to become a "recurring" character? Just like Ford and Weir eh?

I mention it because Ford and Weir haven't really had much luck staying alive (ok we don't know for sure about Weir yet). So does this mean the end for are beloved doctor/captain/major/lieutenant colonel/repli/colonel Carter???????????? Who's been with us these past 11 years...

Too much for me...
      sigpic
      Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Originally posted by madaboutdanny View Post
        Enough for me....
        I know it is, but she got be killed off after this long she just can't

Comment

I know it is, but she got be killed off after this long she just can't
          Naaa...they would never kill her off. As mentioned before she is more Stargate than anyone else around and as there is the possibility of more SG1-Movies still to come, killing her would be very very stupid.
          Sorry for my bad english...I`m still learning.

Comment

Yeah, she's not going anywhere. TPTB are very much in-tune with Amanda Tapping; they've always loved her, they always will love her, and there will always be an open door for her somehow.

That said, 'proof positive' of it (ooh, bad pun) can be seen with any further SG-1 telemovies past these first two. With Jack never guaranteed, Carter disappearing would make the original dynamic even more axed than it became, and they don't want to alter things more than they already have, I don't think. Adding Mitchell and Vala, and Landry, is all well and good, and getting rid of Jack O'Neill and General Hammond was unavoidable and led to such, but screwing around with Carter, Daniel and Teal'c would be overdoing it tremendously.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

she's leaving stargate full time to work on sanctuary
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                she's leaving stargate full time to work on sanctuary
                What will happen if the Sanctuary is canceled after season 1? Will AT come back to Atlantis in season 6?
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  What will happen if the Sanctuary is canceled after season 1? Will AT come back to Atlantis in season 6?
                  No offense to anyone, but I sure as heck hope not. Bouncing back characters left and right will just ruin the show. Not to mention be a disservice to the actor who actually gets the new command role.

They should just marry off Sam to Jack and get it over with.

Comment

I feel the same. It would be crazy, if she returns again as a regular. I hope we will see her in SG-1 movies, SG:U, SG:A and SG:W stories, but her character became a bit tired. She should return to Earth and make a family with Jack as prion said.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      No offense to anyone, but I sure as heck hope not. Bouncing back characters left and right will just ruin the show. Not to mention be a disservice to the actor who actually gets the new command role.

They should just marry off Sam to Jack and get it over with.
                      I think all the S/J shippers agree
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        No I doubt it. She is on the board at S3M (production company that is in charge of Sanctuary). S3M has other new shows coming in the future. If SciFi doesn't pick the series for a 2nd season it may very well continue on the web, which generated success that made SciFi interest in the project the first time around. It's not dependent on Scifi. Unlike Stargate SciFi doesn't own Sanctuary.

Comment

Sci Fi do not own stargate, MGM/Sony do. All Sci-fi does is air the episodes

Comment

Sci Fi do not own stargate, MGM/Sony do. All Sci-fi does is air the episodes
                            SciFi has certain creative control over Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                              SciFi has certain creative control over Stargate.
                              And it will hold that control over sanctuary too if they are airing it on their station.

bottom line sci-fi only air the eps, like Sky One and Movie Central. Why do you think these two have been able to air the eps before sci-fi? if sci-fi really did own stargate (which it doesn't), they'd make sure these channels didn't air it first

Comment

Working...
                              X