PDA

View Full Version : Shepherd's Suit Look Ridiculous

Crazy Diamond
February 1st, 2008, 07:55 PM
In the very first shot at the funeral, Sheperd's tie looks ridiculous: it is tied so short that you can see a button between the end of his tie and his pants! It looks like some some kid had to get their mother to fix up the tie because their father was still at work or something. I mean, I can see it totally it being in character for Shepherd not to know or not care that his tie is tied way too short, but was this done on purpose do you think?

LOL I notice weird things like this. I imagine I'm the only gay guy who likes stargate. All of my friends roll their eyes so much when they see my DVR recordings. It is like stargate, the view, talk soup, etc. Of course there are a million stargates since between SG1 and Atlantis, it seems to always be on. I do love good sci-fi shows though.

GateTrek2004
February 1st, 2008, 09:07 PM
In the very first shot at the funeral, Sheperd's tie looks ridiculous: it is tied so short that you can see a button between the end of his tie and his pants! It looks like some some kid had to get their mother to fix up the tie because their father was still at work or something. I mean, I can see it totally it being in character for Shepherd not to know or not care that his tie is tied way too short, but was this done on purpose do you think?

LOL I notice weird things like this. I imagine I'm the only gay guy who likes stargate. All of my friends roll their eyes so much when they see my DVR recordings. It is like stargate, the view, talk soup, etc. Of course there are a million stargates since between SG1 and Atlantis, it seems to always be on. I do love good sci-fi shows though.

your not the ONLY gay guy why likes stargate! I have ALL 10 season of SG-1 and plan to RE-BUY seasons 1-8 in slim as i have 1-8 in the bigger boxes and seasons 1-3 of atlantis and all season 4 on VHS- and yes i do still use VHS! I LOVE it and watch it like my own personal religion. I did not notice that tie but now ill go back and watch it to notice that!

Major_Griff
February 1st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Anyone know why he wasn't wearing his dress uniform? I thought thought they were supposed to wear it for whatever occasion they were attending. I mean Jack wore his in his imaginary wedding.

Barbaro
February 2nd, 2008, 06:59 AM
Anyone know why he wasn't wearing his dress uniform? I thought thought they were supposed to wear it for whatever occasion they were attending. I mean Jack wore his in his imaginary wedding.

I was wondering the same thing.

Corona
February 2nd, 2008, 07:11 AM
What's this gay, straight junk? I am a Marine and the wrinkles in the arms of Sheps brothers jacket were simple laziness or rush. Marines will notice these uniform wrinkles before most people would.

Or is it the HD picture on a 50" DLP which makes these things realy stand out?

That scene was a throw together as a last minute re-take I would bet. The costume department is and always has been excellent. They must have had to go to the laundry hamper.

prion
February 2nd, 2008, 07:16 AM

why would he wear a dress uniform to a non-military funeral?

and why aren't you guys picking on Carter's too tight uniform? ;)

Jill_Ion
February 2nd, 2008, 07:55 AM
I thought Shep looked wonderful in the suit. :sheppard:

Rosehawk
February 2nd, 2008, 09:58 AM
I thought Shep looked wonderful in the suit. :sheppard:

I think Shep looked great in his suit. A bit uncomfortable but I would expect that from Shep! ;)

I don't think Sheppard is required to wear his dress uniform to a civilian ceremony.
I am guessing that since Sheppard joining the military was a source of conflict with his family, as John said his Dad's idea of 'teenage rebellion' was to choose Standford over Harvard, then it would have been out of respect for his Dad and family that he did not wear his uniform since it would have been a source of major conflict during a difficult time when the conflict was not necessary.

marty2006
February 2nd, 2008, 10:21 AM

lol well it was only the tie that was too short then, the suit certainly didnt look ridiculous it was a nice suit. I was glad to see they used different cg shots of our ships this time instead of the same old daedalus in oribit over the earth clip.

JackHarkness_Hot
February 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM

You are so not the only gay guy who watches Stargate! ;)

He always wears that, the whole casual business look: demin jeans, black business jacket and a shirt. I have no problem with that look and sure he could have done the tie better at the funeral, it is his father's funeral afterall... but he could have worn something else, a lot more high profile or a more respectable business suit cos my problem with it is, he always wear the same damn outfit again and again.

Crazy Diamond
February 2nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
why would he wear a dress uniform to a non-military funeral?

I'd imagine those costumes aren't too forgiving as people age. I bet it is a fine line between being too tight and being tight enough to look as trim and slim as possible.

Mitchell82
February 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM

I only wore my dress uniform to a military engagement. I didn't even wear it to my wedding. Most officers don't wear the uniform to a non military funeral. I'm much like Jack I hated wearing it.

jyh
February 2nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
I didn't notice the length of the tie too much, I know sometimes tie styles change (for mens' suits, that's about all that CAN change). But it was funny that he wore his suit coat all around when he was on earth, even with his jeans.

And by the way, I personally LIKE seeing men with the boots, jeans, and blazer. I don't see it often enough for it to get old. ;)

Funny, I never realized that Sheppard came from a wealthy family. Since he so rarely mentions his personal life or background, I guess I never gave it a thought. However, I would have assumed he was one of those scrappy guys who came from modest circumstances to attain success in the Air Force. (Sometimes it's better to NOT know anything about a character, so you can imagine him/her as you like.)

KiLL3r
February 2nd, 2008, 04:22 PM
ia this the best you can come up with to complain about? sheesh

Cory Holmes
February 2nd, 2008, 04:33 PM

Because! There is no such thing as "too tight" when it comes to Carter (or Weir or Cadman or Keller or Teyla)'s uniform. :D

Jumper_One
February 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
Because! There is no such thing as "too tight" when it comes to Carter (or Weir or Cadman or Keller or Teyla)'s uniform. :D

well said ;) :D

marty2006
February 2nd, 2008, 05:59 PM

:D would like to see more of cadman

gopher65
February 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
:D would like to see more of cadman
Now is that meant in a literal sense, or in a "how come her character disappeared with no explanation" sense?;)

One of the few annoying things about having such a huge number of recurring characters (which is cool) is that we don't see some recurring's as often as we'd like. Though I'd guess this does allow them to work around actor's schedule's.

jyh
February 2nd, 2008, 06:42 PM

I never thought that Carter's uniform was too tight. Thankfully!! I've always been glad they didn't tart her up like Seven of Nine or Deanna Troi. She's a professional in the American military, and I'm glad she's always dressed like one.

After seeing Shep tonight in his suit, I can't decide if he's handsomer in the dress clothes or the off-world camo. Hmmm, let me think about him in each mode of dress for the next few hours.....
;)

nx01a
February 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
I think he looked fine in the suit, although it did look a bit too clingy.
Maybe the point was to show how uncomfortable John is with that suit/tie/stuffy lifestyle, to mirror his obvious distaste for his dad's life and the life his brother chose to follow? If he looks off in the suit it's because the lifestyle it represents doesn't suit him. ;)
Or is that too much depth?

artbrann
February 3rd, 2008, 06:20 AM
qft, spray paint it on them and we wouldn't complain
hell, there would be a line 3 miles long of people who would offer to be the painter for FREE

MIZA
February 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
it did not look good with his hair, but he looks really good in his air force uniform

txTart
February 3rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
I've seen this mentioned in other places and I just don't get it. Sheppard/Flanigan looks fantastic, no matter what he's wearing.

jelgate
February 3rd, 2008, 12:53 PM
I've seen this mentioned in other places and I just don't get it. Sheppard/Flanigan looks fantastic, no matter what he's wearing.Even a blue 70's tuxedos

Flyboy
February 3rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
I only wore my dress uniform to a military engagement. I didn't even wear it to my wedding. Most officers don't wear the uniform to a non military funeral. I'm much like Jack I hated wearing it.
I think it depends who it was as well if it was a civilian funeral.

At my grandmother's funeral I didn't wear my Number Ones, but in the event that my father died (which hopefully won't be for many more decades), and I was still in a position to, I would wear them.

prion
February 4th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I never thought that Carter's uniform was too tight. Thankfully!! I've always been glad they didn't tart her up like Seven of Nine or Deanna Troi. She's a professional in the American military, and I'm glad she's always dressed like one.

After seeing Shep tonight in his suit, I can't decide if he's handsomer in the dress clothes or the off-world camo. Hmmm, let me think about him in each mode of dress for the next few hours.....
;)

Well, not too tight but it is tighter than it should be. It bunches in the wrong places, which shows, er, strain/stress on the fabric, which means, tigh. Yes, we are lucky that SG has never forced the actresses into sprayed-on spandex, but they do seem awful fond of medieval outfits forcing certain female assets up and out ;)

But still don't like Carter's outfit (mostly on her, but not on Rodney or the others either) as that retro 60s/70s stuff should never have been exhumed. Flared sleeves are fashion only and unfunctional.

Cory Holmes
February 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM
But still don't like Carter's outfit (mostly on her, but not on Rodney or the others either) as that retro 60s/70s stuff should never have been exhumed. Flared sleeves are fashion only and unfunctional.

Where do you see these?

Elinor
February 4th, 2008, 11:02 PM
;)

Ooo...think I might join you on that!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/grinning-smiley-034.gif

txTart
February 5th, 2008, 05:42 PM
;)

I do that every day!:sheppard:

Amalthea
February 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
He looked very handsome. Although he always looks handsome. :) I didn't like the tie, though. Too spotty for my taste.